Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

TK-42-1
Oct 30, 2013

looks like we have a bad transmitter

Improbable Lobster posted:

Ai've been rewatching with the commentary recently. In Guess Who's Coming To State Dinner has a newspaper stating that Gargantua-1 was crashed because of terrorists for some reason.

Also whatever happened to Uncle Vatred's henchmen anyhow

I think the joke there was that it landed on a terrorist training camp or something so they spun it as a win.

e: yeah. sorry for the quality i just pulled it off my plex server

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

PostNouveau
Sep 3, 2011

VY till I die
Grimey Drawer

TK-42-1 posted:

I think the joke there was that it landed on a terrorist training camp or something so they spun it as a win.

e: yeah. sorry for the quality i just pulled it off my plex server

Yeah, that joke flies right by, but it's the reason Manstrong is being hailed as a hero. Coulda been more clear because it just seems like he's beloved for surviving the crash.

Ohtsam
Feb 5, 2010

Not this shit again.

luxury handset posted:

gargantua 1 crashed for unknown reasons at the beginning of guess who's coming to state dinner

when the venture family left gargantua 1 the urine leaking from rusty's spacesuit caused the problem light to blink again

i'm not sure how they're going to retcon the problem light being associated with physical defects in gargantua 1 (melted toy, hull breach, doc's piss) with it being related to jonas being conscious in the new light of Pro.B.L.E.M.

Coincidence most like. It doesn't really make sense that the melted toy took 30 years to actually effect the circuitry. You could also make the argument the light was somewhat reflecting his status or that he was hardwired into gargantua the same way he's now hard wired into ventech tower so the light would react to things happening in his "body".
If he's wired into it, it might also be why the station crashed in the first place.

Cojawfee
May 31, 2006
I think the US is dumb for not using Celsius
It would be funny if Jonas crashed Gargantua 1 so he could get back to Earth.

Improbable Lobster
Jan 6, 2012

What is the Matrix 🌐? We just don't know 😎.

Buglord
I can't believe they cut the scene of Dean introducing Brown Widow to Vatred

twistedmentat
Nov 21, 2003

Its my party
and I'll die if
I want to
So does this mean Jonas Venture was Phantom Spaceman?

Dracula Factory
Sep 7, 2007

twistedmentat posted:

So does this mean Jonas Venture was Phantom Spaceman?

I think it does.

TK-42-1
Oct 30, 2013

I wonder if hes been controlling helper the whole time. Hanging out with the boys, playing drums for shallow gravy, sacrificing himself for them when Herr Trigger shot down the X1. Makes u think

LividLiquid
Apr 13, 2002

AnimeIsTrash posted:

So now that we've found out that Jonas Venture is still alive, does this mean that the "great man" that Kano killed was the Blue Morpho?

Kano was silent in all his appearances with the old Team Venture so whoever he killed, causing him to subsequently take a vow of silence, wasn't Jonas.

Emerson Cod
Apr 14, 2004

by Pragmatica

Cojawfee posted:

It would be funny if Jonas crashed Gargantua 1 so he could get back to Earth.

Probably intentionally landed on the "terror camp"

bull3964
Nov 18, 2000

DO YOU HEAR THAT? THAT'S THE SOUND OF ME PATTING MYSELF ON THE BACK.

LividLiquid posted:

Kano was silent in all his appearances with the old Team Venture so whoever he killed, causing him to subsequently take a vow of silence, wasn't Jonas.

Wasn't it pretty heavily implied that the death that caused Kano's silence was the Blue Morpho?

quote:

"Well Original Blue Morpho is dead, I remember Jonas was beside himself with grief. Kano too, obviously. Even he cried." 

Question Friend
Aug 3, 2018

by FactsAreUseless

bull3964 posted:

Wasn't it pretty heavily implied that the death that caused Kano's silence was the Blue Morpho?

It's not implying that. Kano wouldn't need any reason to be extra sad beyond being Blue Morpho's sidekick

Question Friend
Aug 3, 2018

by FactsAreUseless
But it is implied by how Blue Morpho is the only other candidate for someone Kano would call a "great man," plus Blue Morpho died in a plane crash and Kano was a plane pilot so...

MizPiz
May 29, 2013

by Athanatos

drrockso20 posted:

Princess Tinyfeet probably took all his stuff besides the Hover Tank in the divorce

She certainly took a few of them in Back to Malice :imunfunny:

Ghost Leviathan
Mar 2, 2017

Exploration is ill-advised.

LividLiquid posted:

It's possible he was just quiet back then.

Kurgarra Queen
Jun 11, 2008

GIVE ME MORE
SUPER BOWL
WINS

TK-42-1 posted:

I wonder if hes been controlling helper the whole time. Hanging out with the boys, playing drums for shallow gravy, sacrificing himself for them when Herr Trigger shot down the X1. Makes u think
I don't think that's the case, but I do think Helper at least knew it was Jonas in the Problem. It would explain all of its "odd" behavior in the episode.

Comrade Quack
Jun 6, 2006
Witty closing remarks have been replaced by massive head trauma and general stupidity.
I’m on the fence about this week’s shirt, will I like it any better after episode 2?

Ditocoaf
Jun 1, 2011

There's been a lot of discussion about the book, but I don't think anybody's mentioned the minor neat trick with the lower-right corner. Check it out.

Just another sign of this being a quality object. I'm at the point where I have to start getting rid of books to fit new ones on my shelf, but I'm glad I got this.

Question Friend
Aug 3, 2018

by FactsAreUseless
Why is Venture immune to that thing where shows get worse after season 5. It's as good as it's ever been if not better

drrockso20
May 6, 2013

Has Not Actually Done Cocaine

Question Friend posted:

Why is Venture immune to that thing where shows get worse after season 5. It's as good as it's ever been if not better

Probably helps that it runs on rules closer to how British TV shows work in terms of seasons/series

Mokinokaro
Sep 11, 2001

At the end of everything, hold onto anything

Fun Shoe
I also suspect Doc and Jackson only end up keeping the best ideas given the time between seasons.

Doctor_Fruitbat
Jun 2, 2013

Question Friend posted:

It was threatening to go that way before the soft reset. Season five was good, but definitely felt like it was starting to spin its wheels; the tone and content were all over the place with the Moira episode, Spanakopita! and Venturestein, then there was the OSI episode that felt like it was trying to capture the fun they had with Sphinx in season four, but crammed into one episode rather than woven neatly throughout the season.

The difference is that The Venture Brothers reset itself smartly and in a very timely fashion, making the switch before it was obviously necessary.

feedmyleg
Dec 25, 2004
Yeah, I agree with that. But at the base level is because Doc and Jackson have never been afraid to let the show grow, change, and evolve, which keeps it fresh. Most shows find a groove, stick in it, and ride that until they run it into the ground. Venture Bros is practically a different show every season.

TK-42-1 posted:

While that would be wonderfully heartbreaking, it just doesn't fit for one reason: Helper is a sweetie, and Jonas is a monster.

Slamhound
Mar 27, 2010

SeanBeansShako posted:

I know right? It's a bad rear end costume. For a man who has invisible limbs the dude is quite the dandy.

All I know is that he wears an awful lot of purple for a white guy.

SeanBeansShako
Nov 20, 2009

Now the Drums beat up again,
For all true Soldier Gentlemen.

Ghost Leviathan posted:

It's possible he was just quiet back then.

He just wants to sing Humpty Dance!

tarlibone
Aug 1, 2014

Am I a... bad person?
AM I??

Fun Shoe

Ditocoaf posted:

There's been a lot of discussion about the book, but I don't think anybody's mentioned the minor neat trick with the lower-right corner. Check it out.

Just another sign of this being a quality object. I'm at the point where I have to start getting rid of books to fit new ones on my shelf, but I'm glad I got this.

Yeah, this has been mentioned a few times. I believe there was a post quoting Doc or Jackson saying, before the book was released, that this was going to be a little feature.

But yeah, it's cool. I'm still working my way through the book; I'm up to Season 5.

Phenotype
Jul 24, 2007

You must defeat Sheng Long to stand a chance.

I signed up for the T Shirt Club late last night because I make poor decisions when I'm tired and I have too much discretionary cash. When can I start expecting shirts to show up? Is it once a week after they start?

Gringo Heisenberg
May 30, 2009

:dukedog:
All Venture Bros. Shirt Club shirts will be shipped via First Class U.S. Mail. Please allow 2-4 weeks for delivery. VB Shirt Club shirts are made-to-order on a week-by-week basis, so they’re not produced until all that week’s orders are in!

PLEASE NOTE: International orders will ship every other week, 2 shirts at a time, in order to save on shipping charges for you and us!

Was considering joining but $230 CAD + shipping is a lot for some shirts. First week's shirt is a miss for me but that bonus only shirt is amazing :(.

Rand Brittain
Mar 25, 2013

"Go on until you're stopped."
Looks like the first episode is available on streaming services now.

Phenotype
Jul 24, 2007

You must defeat Sheng Long to stand a chance.

Gringo Heisenberg posted:

All Venture Bros. Shirt Club shirts will be shipped via First Class U.S. Mail. Please allow 2-4 weeks for delivery. VB Shirt Club shirts are made-to-order on a week-by-week basis, so they’re not produced until all that week’s orders are in!

PLEASE NOTE: International orders will ship every other week, 2 shirts at a time, in order to save on shipping charges for you and us!

Was considering joining but $230 CAD + shipping is a lot for some shirts. First week's shirt is a miss for me but that bonus only shirt is amazing :(.

Yeah, I saw that after I posted actually, but I'm still vaguely annoyed they didn't send me anything with a ship date.

TK-42-1
Oct 30, 2013

Gringo Heisenberg posted:

See i’m the opposite. The problem light is a shirt i’d wear all the time while the sharkeys machine goof is probably a workout shirt.

twistedmentat
Nov 21, 2003

Its my party
and I'll die if
I want to

Dracula Factory posted:

I think it does.

I hate Phantom Spaceman.

Tuxedo Ted
Apr 24, 2007

TK-42-1 posted:

This is still my all time favorite sequence in this show

It's an amazing scene.

I need to know the font they used for the Wisdom mug so I can make my own.

Shindragon
Jun 6, 2011

by Athanatos

twistedmentat posted:

I hate Phantom Spaceman.

Phantom space is a big fat jerk.

QwertySanchez
Jun 19, 2009

a wacky guy
Holy poo poo I never got that the Phantom Limb's outfit was a parody of The Phantom.

prefect
Sep 11, 2001

No one, Woodhouse.
No one.

Dead Man’s Band

QwertySanchez posted:

Holy poo poo I never got that the Phantom Limb's outfit was a parody of The Phantom.

Slamhound posted:

All I know is that he wears an awful lot of purple for a white guy.

twistedmentat
Nov 21, 2003

Its my party
and I'll die if
I want to

Shindragon posted:

Phantom space is a big fat jerk.

Brock got Phantom Spacemans helmet off! Oh no! He's hideous!

Shindragon
Jun 6, 2011

by Athanatos
Look again Hank that is not Phantom Spaceman! That’s Lieutenant BALDAVITCH

TK-42-1
Oct 30, 2013

Tuxedo Ted posted:

It's an amazing scene.

I need to know the font they used for the Wisdom mug so I can make my own.

First time I saw this clip between Doc's face and the loving shoe I pulled a rib laughing so hard.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

axelblaze
Oct 18, 2006

Congratulations The One Concern!!!

You're addicted to Ivory!!

and...oh my...could you please...
oh my...

Grimey Drawer
I like that in the clip you see the other way Doc reacts to danger. Like when it's some psycho killer that clearly wants to hurt him he turns into a coward calling for Brock but when it's some super science/guild and OSI nonsense he is so done with any of that