Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

GNU Order
Feb 28, 2011

That's a paddlin'

Charles Barkley

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Wilmott Snipes
May 29, 2002

It's daddy shithead, where's the bourbon?
I just finished playing every mission of Barkley 2. It's good guys, so good. Just a few balance tweaks here and there and some polish and it should be ready in 2023.

Wrex Ruckus
Aug 24, 2015

Belatedly

Bongo Bill
Jan 17, 2012

Brinkley

big deal
Sep 10, 2017

I can’t wait till america falls and I get to plays barkley 2.

Gilg
Oct 10, 2002

Can't wait to still have this thread going in 5 years when Barkley 2 is released!

Songbearer
Jul 12, 2007

Fuck you say?
Burg Gronkley

Wrist Watch posted:

Anyway my point is that Nuclear Throne loving owns and everybody should play it

Have a hot NT/HLM2 remix

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vODb13dhhFU

spit on my clit
Jul 19, 2015

by Cyrano4747

Wrist Watch posted:

That's a fair criticism. It doesn't really bother me since the gameplay loop is real good tho

I really wanted to like gungeon but it just felt like they wanted to combine the best parts of BoI and NT and instead did the complete opposite. So there's the fast gameplay of NT except the levels are the size of BoI and playing it just takes forever but not even in a real fun way. Also you get rewarded for not getting hit during a level like in Isaac except the reward is more max health so your reward for doing well is a thing you explicitly shouldn't be using???

But by far my biggest issue was how the game was all about how there were tons of cool unique guns but in practice you end up using the cool stuff kind of sparingly because of ammo limitations. Which was even worse before they majorly improved drop rates.

The master rounds are for beating the boss without getting hit - not the whole level. there is a point to getting at least three for the final level's elevator, as those are at least guaranteed heart ups as opposed to rolling the dice on getting more containers.

What I took away from the different guns in gungeon, is that the game plays up switching between different guns in-battle, but given the heavy RNG nature of the game, good luck finding more than a few guns early on. What makes gungeon not infuriating is that you at least have an idea of what quality guns or upgrades have thanks to the different chests (black is best, red is great, green is alright, etc.) whereas Binding of Isaac just slaps 90% of the items into the same pool and flips you off...basically at every point of the game. in short, gungeon is not made by Nicalis, so it is innately better than Binding of Isaac, in my opinion.

Can't wait to see how Barkley 2 handles it..wait, it isn't a roguelike, is it? i mean i know it isn't anything right now, but i mean in concept

Songbearer
Jul 12, 2007

Fuck you say?

spit on my clit posted:

Can't wait to see how Barkley 2 handles it..wait, it isn't a roguelike, is it? i mean i know it isn't anything right now, but i mean in concept

Barkley 2 changes how it handles those systems whenever it's observed

WarpDogs
May 1, 2009

I'm just a normal, functioning member of the human race, and there's no way anyone can prove otherwise.

Midjack posted:

ToG bit off more than they could chew with the stretch goals from the flood of Kickstarter support

Maybe :thejoke: but this is definitely not what happened. Their stretch goals include things such as "we'll wear pants", a mac port, and who could forget the Al-Bhed translation?

Like other Kickstarters of that era ToG got a ton of extra money, but unlike the rest they didn't really increase their scope beyond the extra hub city at $70k. We'll never even know how much work it would have been as they've been unable to finish the first hub city lol

oddium
Feb 21, 2006

end of the 4.5 tatami age

this thread is a hub city

Communist Thoughts
Jan 7, 2008

Our war against free speech cannot end until we silence this bronze beast!

im confident some time in 2019 we'll get an update on what the Strength stat does

CAPT. Rainbowbeard
Apr 5, 2012

My incredible goodposting transcends time and space but still it cannot transform the xbone into a good console.
Lipstick Apathy
Unless I hear "Go away we quit" or something to that effect, the promise remains unbroken.

Someone get an answer!

spit on my clit
Jul 19, 2015

by Cyrano4747

CAPT. Rainbowbeard posted:

Unless I hear "Go away we quit" or something to that effect, the promise remains unbroken.

Someone get an answer!

its not coming to the X Box One X

CAPT. Rainbowbeard
Apr 5, 2012

My incredible goodposting transcends time and space but still it cannot transform the xbone into a good console.
Lipstick Apathy

spit on my clit posted:

its not coming to the X Box One X

Please stop projecting.

CAPT. Rainbowbeard
Apr 5, 2012

Lipstick Apathy
This is serious business guys.

Truecon420
Jul 11, 2013

I like to tweet and live my life. Thank you.
I would honestly give them more money if it meant the game would come out or come out sooner
Ransom Barkley please.

Also can anyone still buy the game/donate

MasterSlowPoke
Oct 9, 2005

Our courage will pull us through
I want Barkley

Midjack
Dec 24, 2007

WarpDogs posted:

Maybe :thejoke: but this is definitely not what happened. Their stretch goals include things such as "we'll wear pants", a mac port, and who could forget the Al-Bhed translation?

Like other Kickstarters of that era ToG got a ton of extra money, but unlike the rest they didn't really increase their scope beyond the extra hub city at $70k. We'll never even know how much work it would have been as they've been unable to finish the first hub city lol

I remembered them as stretch goals but maybe they just said they were going to do a bunch of extra stuff when the money rolled in. It's been a while since I checked the KS pages.

EA Sports
Feb 10, 2007

by Azathoth
its been like a month since frankie streamed anything about barkley, maybe the arts done and now tog just has to put everything together?

Line Feed
Sep 7, 2012

Seeds taste better with friends.

death to barkley 2

super sweet best pal
Nov 18, 2009

I'm sad Bonkey 2 hasn't happened yet.

Mandatory Assembly
May 25, 2008

it's time to get juche
Lipstick Apathy
doin a lets play of barklay 2 on my stream

spit on my clit
Jul 19, 2015

by Cyrano4747

Mandatory Assembly posted:

doin a lets play of barklay 2 on my stream

at least have the courtesy to link it

Arzachel
May 12, 2012

Wrist Watch posted:

Anyway my point is that Nuclear Throne loving owns and everybody should play it

Communist Thoughts
Jan 7, 2008

Our war against free speech cannot end until we silence this bronze beast!

EA Sports posted:

its been like a month since frankie streamed anything about barkley, maybe the arts done and now tog just has to put everything together?

or theyv just gone "poo poo nobody told frankie the game was abandoned in 2016!"

Mantis42
Jul 26, 2010

The Shaqfu people showed more resolve to finish their basketball meme game

TASTE THE PAIN!!
May 18, 2004

Mantis42 posted:

The Shaqfu people showed more resolve to finish their basketball meme game

Yep, beaten to market by a cheap imitation trying to ride the same wave. Sad!

Vax
Dec 29, 2011

delicious!

TASTE THE PAIN!! posted:

Yep, beaten to market by a cheap imitation trying to ride the same wave. Sad!

This thread seriously deserves a couple of :five:

Nosfereefer
Jun 15, 2011

IF YOU FIND THIS POSTER OUTSIDE BYOB, PLEASE RETURN THEM. WE ARE VERY WORRIED AND WE MISS THEM
[Wow][Good] america will fall

spit on my clit
Jul 19, 2015

by Cyrano4747
and when it falls, we shall chant "It wasn't REAL capitalism"

Super Rad
Feb 15, 2003
Sir Loin of Beef
If America falls then it's probably only because we didn't pledge enough

Nosfereefer
Jun 15, 2011

IF YOU FIND THIS POSTER OUTSIDE BYOB, PLEASE RETURN THEM. WE ARE VERY WORRIED AND WE MISS THEM

Super Rad posted:

If America falls then it's probably only because we didn't pledge enough

It will be because Brakly 2 dint come out in time. RIP

90s Cringe Rock
Nov 29, 2006
:gay:
America will fall. The nukes will fly. The survivors will establish full communism with the dolphins, and us earthlings of all species will be welcomed into the galactic community. Aliens already have Barkley 2 but we are not yet developed enough because of capitalism.

Wilmott Snipes
May 29, 2002

It's daddy shithead, where's the bourbon?
Barkley? More like Fartkley!

Mantis42
Jul 26, 2010

Barkley, like America, failed because it wasted all its limited resources on guns.

Super Rad
Feb 15, 2003
Sir Loin of Beef
from The Cutting Room Floor entry for B2:

Cut Content:

- Joke's
- The video game, lmfao

Midjack
Dec 24, 2007

90s Cringe Rock posted:

America will fall. The nukes will fly. The survivors will establish full communism with the dolphins, and us earthlings of all species will be welcomed into the galactic community. Aliens already have Barkley 2 but we are not yet developed enough because of capitalism.

:d2a:

Yoya
Nov 6, 2009

I already bought the chicken
i want to shoot slimes and read jokes

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Inexplicable Humblebrag
Sep 20, 2003

boy howdy did you come to the wrong place