Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Jiro
Jan 13, 2004

John Cena heel character called "The Biggest Brain" Or Tallest Brain?

Jiro fucked around with this message at 20:34 on Aug 8, 2018

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Rarity
Oct 21, 2010

~*4 LIFE*~

Marquis de Pyro posted:

Mustafa Ali is a minority, and therefore literally can't be racist, or part of an oppressive police system (given the inherent power imbalance caused by his race), so if everyone could stop ragging on him (in a very racist manner) that would be great

Not going to argue with the racist bit but it's definitely possible for minorities to perpetuate systems of oppression, both intentionally and unintentionally.

El Generico
Feb 3, 2009

Nobody outrules the Marquise de Cat!

John Cena starring in the Hollywood remake of MTV animated cult classic "The Head".

yea ok
Jul 27, 2006

Marquis de Pyro posted:

Mustafa Ali is a minority, and therefore literally can't be racist, or part of an oppressive police system (given the inherent power imbalance caused by his race), so if everyone could stop ragging on him (in a very racist manner) that would be great

Lmfao you are such a dork

Kenshin
Jan 10, 2007
The R-Truth vs Nakamura match was actually good but far too short. Looking forward to more like that.

Dimebags Brain
Feb 18, 2013

Rarity posted:

Not going to argue with the racist bit but it's definitely possible for minorities to perpetuate systems of oppression, both intentionally and unintentionally.

especially if said minority is as racist as noted cop Mustafa Ali.

shiksa
Nov 9, 2009

i went to one of these wrestling shows and it was... honestly? frickin boring. i wanna see ricky! i want to see his gold chains and respect for the ftw lifestyle

Kenshin posted:

The R-Truth vs Nakamura match was actually good but far too short. Looking forward to more like that.

r truth for g1 climax 29

Billzasilver
Nov 8, 2016

I lift my drink and sing a song

for who knows if life is short or long?

Man's life is like the morning dew

past days many, future days few

All the best nakamura matches have his opponents do a COME ON!!

Defiance Industries
Jul 22, 2010

A five-star manufacturer

Rarity posted:

The entire point of America is just to get to the point where you can oppress other people, duh. Mustafi Ali becoming a cop is like how Beyonce uses sweatshops to make her merch.

FUCKFACE MORON
Apr 23, 2010

by sebmojo

Marquis de Pyro posted:

tweet my meat
Oct 2, 2013

yospos
Itami and Ali are so good. Always fun to see a 205 match wake up a dead crowd.

frankenfreak
Feb 16, 2007

I SCORED 85% ON A QUIZ ABOUT MONDAY NIGHT RAW AND ALL I GOT WAS THIS LOUSY TEXT

#bastionboogerbrigade
Mustafa Ali winning the Cruiserweight Championship by beating(!) noted black man Cedric Alexander would be highly problematic!

Strawberry Panda
Nov 4, 2007

Breakfast Defecting, Slow Dick Touching, Root Beer Barreling SwagVP
Mustafa Ali told me personally his hero is Serpico and he wanted to destroy corruption from within.

That should be his gimmick. He should infiltrate the referee cavalry and expose how they use their power to perpetuate... Roman supremacy.

Veryslightlymad
Jun 3, 2007

I fight with
my brain
and with an
underlying
hatred of the
Erebonian
Noble Faction
I walked by a patio bar today and there were two guys in suits (it's really hot outside, even not wearing a suit) having an animated discussion. When I got closer, I realized one lawyer-looking guy was telling the other lawyer-looking guy about the Undertaker and the Brothers of Destruction.

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

Veryslightlymad posted:

I walked by a patio bar today and there were two guys in suits (it's really hot outside, even not wearing a suit) having an animated discussion. When I got closer, I realized one lawyer-looking guy was telling the other lawyer-looking guy about the Undertaker and the Brothers of Destruction.

Don't those guys know you should never talk politics in public?

shadow puppet of a
Jan 10, 2007

NO TENGO SCORPIO

pressedbunny posted:

Well now we know they're pulling poo poo out their arse; nobody on planet Earth would ever call Nikki Bella an A-lister.

Cavauro posted:

That blind blog loving sucks rear end for naming every single nobody a B-list star at the lowest. a youtube man with 100k subscribers is a b-list celebrity

CDAN list status is defined within the sphere of their fame. For example, Bachelorette Rachel and DJ Paully D would both be rightly described as A-list as they are at the top of the reality tv pyramid and would fill out its A-list. Its possible to be a B-list youtuber and have sub-million followers.

Its not a single unified list.

So don't come into my temple and dirty your feet on its beautiful tapestries you gossip-blog philistine ingrates!

CobiWann
Oct 21, 2009

Have fun!

Veryslightlymad posted:

"...and that's how I almost fought the Undertaker at Wrestlemania, but Dixie convinced me to stick around..."

Incessant Excess
Aug 15, 2005

Cause of glitch:
Pretentiousness
Coach will not be on Raw next Monday, filling in for him will be noted black man Renee Young:

https://www.instagram.com/p/BmQtDcYnJNE/

boar guy
Jan 25, 2007

Incessant Excess posted:

Coach will not be on Raw next Monday, filling in for him will be noted black man Renee Young:

https://www.instagram.com/p/BmQtDcYnJNE/

two birds with one stone. renee gets some live mic pbp time to practice for the ppv and i dont have to listen to coach

MJeff
Jun 2, 2011

THE LIAR
Please God just let her replace him. I don't care if she's bad at it, she's so much more likable.

bradzilla
Oct 15, 2004

boar guy posted:

two birds with one stone. renee gets some live mic pbp time to practice for the ppv and i dont have to listen to coach

On the other hand, you'll be watching WWE Monday Night Raw

reignofevil
Nov 7, 2008
Renee moving up in the world hell yeah.

Saint Freak
Apr 16, 2007

Regretting is an insult to oneself
Buglord
'Actually being put in a choke hold is a good thing, because it gives you time to think' - J. Coachington, 2018

boar guy
Jan 25, 2007

bradzilla posted:

On the other hand, you'll be watching fast forwarding through most of WWE Monday Night Raw while guzzling whiskey

Saint Freak
Apr 16, 2007

Buglord
'See Sasha is like this because women are different from men in that *gets cut off by literally everyone with a mic before he can finish*'

Grendels Dad
Mar 5, 2011

Popular culture has passed you by.

frankenfreak posted:

Mustafa Ali winning the Cruiserweight Championship by beating(!) noted black man Cedric Alexander would be highly problematic!

As problematic as Seth Rollins curb-stomping a member of The New Day on Martin Luther King Day?

Incessant Excess
Aug 15, 2005

Cause of glitch:
Pretentiousness
Mustafa Ali ran across Coach backstage and couldn't help but arrest him.

We Got Us A Bread
Jul 23, 2007

VJeff posted:

Remember when they threw away Roman vs. Cena at No Mercy and it loving sucked because they laid it out (and Brock vs. Braun) specifically to build Roman vs. Brock at WM34?

Yes, but it gave us this promo, and that's awesome.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=36cLMYMrOTk

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

Saint Freak posted:

'Actually being put in a choke hold is a good thing, because it gives you time to think' - J. Coachington, 2018

It was even dumber than that. He was saying being in a bear hug gives you time to catch your breath.

fart blood
Sep 13, 2008

by VideoGames

Incessant Excess posted:

Mustafa Ali ran across Coach backstage and couldn't help but arrest him.

I'm reminded of that scene in Louie where Bob Kelly is telling the story of his arrest and the cop motions to a black guy just walking by to get into the paddy wagon for no reason.

Saint Freak
Apr 16, 2007

Buglord

Aphrodite posted:

It was even dumber than that. He was saying being in a bear hug gives you time to catch your breath.

Ah yes correct. I can only assume my brain was trying to forget it.

MJeff
Jun 2, 2011

THE LIAR

Aphrodite posted:

Somehow even worse than this, Ronda made her comeback right out of the bear hug, so like. He sorta wound up being right.

Blaise330
Aug 13, 2007

GOD'S FAVORITE CHAMPION
Glad they pulled Black from the NXT title match. Working with his injury is just beyond pointless.

tweet my meat
Oct 2, 2013

yospos
Mustafa Ali should lean into the cop thing by stealing big boss man's gimmick

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

tweet my meat posted:

Mustafa Ali should lean into the cop thing by stealing big boss man's gimmick

Also, his father.

dromal phrenia
Feb 22, 2004

VJeff posted:

Somehow even worse than this, Ronda made her comeback right out of the bear hug, so like. He sorta wound up being right.

Maybe Coach was shooting about rest holds :thunk:

Orange Carlisle
Jul 14, 2007

Coach is so bad it's almost unbelievable

Incessant Excess
Aug 15, 2005

Cause of glitch:
Pretentiousness
Booker T was entertaining spouting his nonsense, I wish he were younger so he could be allowed on TV.

frankenfreak
Feb 16, 2007

I SCORED 85% ON A QUIZ ABOUT MONDAY NIGHT RAW AND ALL I GOT WAS THIS LOUSY TEXT

#bastionboogerbrigade

Blaise330 posted:

Glad they pulled Black from the NXT title match. Working with his injury is just beyond pointless.
Boo!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

triplexpac
Mar 24, 2007

Suck it
Two tears in a bucket
And then another thing
I'm not the one they'll try their luck with
Hit hard like brass knuckles
See your face through the turnbuckle dude
I got no love for you
They’re doing a WWE Meet & Greet event at Fan Expo here in Toronto. $200 for HHH, $100 for AJ or Miz, and $90 for Charlotte.

Really couldn’t have just put Charlotte at the same $100 level? Truly the women’s revolution has changed everything lol

• Locked thread