Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

CommonShore
Jun 6, 2014

A true renaissance man

dpack_1 posted:

It's this.

People dont see it as art, they remember the days of just walking into a studio full of flash in catalogues and on the walls that they would pick from and get tattooed. They just assume it's like tracing something on paper but done with a machine, so hand over these 'references' that they have found on the internet and believe the 'tattoo guy' just puts that on them and there is no difference in quality, they think people that charge £100's per hour are just elitist pricks trying to scam the general public rather than seeing that the 'artist' charging £20 and a case of beer is the one doing the scamming.

Even if i reply to this woman saying we 'could' cover it all, but each piece is gonna take a good couple days to cover at nearly £500 a day and so costing her upwards of £4000 in total she's gonna think we are trying to take advantage of her and possibly leave a poo poo review saying as such. There is no winning with people that have that mind set.

You have to say it to her anyway.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Vato
Jan 14, 2018

I don't feel bad for that lady, and this whole thing has made me angry. I don't have anything to contribute at the moment other than her making stupid decisions repeatedly doesn't have to do with her age, I'm betting!

hyperhazard
Dec 4, 2011

I am the one lascivious
With magic potion niveous

subpar anachronism posted:

Who gets 7 tattoos in two weeks? Lordy.

That's the part that got me too. Even if you go with a a cheap fucker, it's still 7 good-sized pieces that all need to heal at the same time. That sounds incredibly painful/annoying.

e: Just reread it, and he "ran out of gloves" on Day 2? :psyduck:

hyperhazard has a new favorite as of 18:02 on Aug 9, 2018

uXs
May 3, 2005

Mark it zero!
She does already have a decent one though, the roses in the first picture?

Most of the bad ones seem to not have any solid edges or dark colors, is it not possible then to blast them over? Just guessing, I don't actually know anything.

IUG
Jul 14, 2007

I wonder if you could have that woman in the shop and just explain it to her what the problems are and why they can't be fixed. It would at least let her feel like she's not being ignored or neglected, and you could maybe show her exactly what the problem is. Plus, it would let her know it's coming from a professional. She's going to take it bad no matter what, but it would help soften the blow.

the popular kids
Dec 27, 2010

Time for some thrilling heroics.
I was quoted $800 for a tattoo on my thigh and I was perfectly content with that price, I had set aside $1000. The night before I got my tattoo my sweet sweet boyfriend got a small tattoo on his ear from a kitchen wizard (he knows he's an idiot, he really doesn't gaf about quality he was just trying to 'support' a friend of his bros). The dude finds out I'm getting a tattoo the next day and scoffs that he could EASILY do the design for $250 on me. The whole time we were there he spent trying to convince me to cancel my appointment and save my money etc etc. I'm 100% sure he was just looking for a fix.

Anyway I got my tattoo and it only cost me $600 because it went a lot faster than we thought so gently caress you kitchen wizard with your actual prostitute girlfriend.

post-apocalyptic erotica
Jan 28, 2013

Thin Privilege posted:

Nah they wouldn’t have hurt any more/less than other skin piercings but the moron didn’t take care of them so they’re all wonky and crooked. That’s what likely hurt more: the shifting of the metal, likely infection, due to improper healing/lack of care; and also, likely improper placement done by a lovely scratcher based on the tattoos.

E: what’s a lovely piercer who does poo poo in their dirty rear end house for $1 called? The equivalency of a kitchen scratcher for tattoos.

Once I was having sex with a girl whose wrists were pierced. I was holding her wrists, and at one point noticed that one of my hands was covered in her blood. Her piercing had torn, and she hadn't said anything, because she was into it. I was not into it.

there wolf
Jan 11, 2015

by Fluffdaddy

dpack_1 posted:

How on earth do I reply to that email and gently say "you have let someone completely ruin your body for life, please report them to the authorities as i doubt they are licensed, they have fraudulently conned you, you witnessed drugs on a 'professional' environment and good luck wearing clothes that cover every inch of those atrocities for the foreseeable future - we cannot fix that or help in any way"

You tell her that that guy should be reported because drugs and poor hygiene practices, then you say it would be really expensive to fix her tattoos because they are so large. Just give her an excuse to walk away so you don't have to touch on how badly hosed she is.

nerve
Jan 2, 2011

SKA SUCKS

the popular kids posted:

I was quoted $800 for a tattoo on my thigh and I was perfectly content with that price, I had set aside $1000. The night before I got my tattoo my sweet sweet boyfriend got a small tattoo on his ear from a kitchen wizard (he knows he's an idiot, he really doesn't gaf about quality he was just trying to 'support' a friend of his bros). The dude finds out I'm getting a tattoo the next day and scoffs that he could EASILY do the design for $250 on me. The whole time we were there he spent trying to convince me to cancel my appointment and save my money etc etc. I'm 100% sure he was just looking for a fix.

Anyway I got my tattoo and it only cost me $600 because it went a lot faster than we thought so gently caress you kitchen wizard with your actual prostitute girlfriend.
lmao trashy rear end bf

the popular kids
Dec 27, 2010

Time for some thrilling heroics.
Yep!

Crab Dad
Dec 28, 2002

behold i have tempered and refined thee, but not as silver; as CRAB

whypick1 posted:

Tattoos use ink, not plastic :v:

Yeah, the only ones who win here are everyone else in this thread (even if that story made me more :smith: than what usually gets posted here).

I dont get any amusement from elder abuse.

RC and Moon Pie
May 5, 2011

I don't think many people realize their tattoos can be more than squiggly lines with their kid's name.

This is from a semi-local place.

And it's in the upper 90% of quality that I see in these parts. There aren't any quality studios within 150 miles of my rural town and for most folks here, a tattoo is a tattoo.

super size soft serve
Aug 28, 2011

You think I'm fat, but it's an optical illusion.

Looks like it was an attempt to cover up something if you look at the middle of the trunk of the tree. Would be hilarious if it is a huge tattoo to cover up small lettering and still failed.

Thin Privilege
Jul 8, 2009
IM A STUPID MORON WITH AN UGLY FACE AND A BIG BUTT AND MY BUTT SMELLS AND I LIKE TO KISS MY OWN BUTT
Gravy Boat 2k

RC and Moon Pie posted:

I don't think many people realize their tattoos can be more than squiggly lines with their kid's name.

And it's in the upper 90% of quality that I see in these parts. There aren't any quality studios within 150 miles of my rural town and for most folks here, a tattoo is a tattoo.

I saw the timg of it and was like, “what the gently caress is that thing” and it was bad as I thought it would be. I mean, it’s SO BAD. This thread has some bad tattoos but I particularly dislike this one.

dpack_1
Mar 23, 2009

Let another's wounds be your warning
I replied to the woman saying there is no way to salvage those tattoos and make them look even remotely like the original designs.

Said her options were either months of painful and expensive laser treatment before starting them all from scratch. Or larger, darker coverups both of which would cost her thousands.

Told her I was sorry that she was in this position and I strongly recommend reporting that guy to her council as i'm sure they are working without a license, and perhaps seek some like of legal advice, if he isnt licensed he could possibly be charged with assualt. We don't have much of a "sue the gently caress outta people" mindset here in the UK but she might be able to seek some justice. She mentioned elsewhere in the email about losing 30+Kgs in the past year so i suspect she's terminal and just wanted all these tattoos done and finished ASAP to enjoy them before she ... well ... couldn't.

The whole story just makes me sad and like LingcodKilla said, i get no joy from exploiting the elderly or infirm. Dude should loving rot for what he has done.

Crab Dad
Dec 28, 2002

Not all coverups are created equal.

there wolf
Jan 11, 2015

by Fluffdaddy

RC and Moon Pie posted:

Have you ever looked at the art in most people's houses? Most people just don't want or expect better than the kid who could draw pretty good in high school. More power to them if it makes them happy. We certainly enjoy the results.

The Bloop
Jul 5, 2004

by Fluffdaddy

LingcodKilla posted:

I genuinely think this is my favorite tattoo I've ever seen

eminkey2003
Oct 11, 2009

dpack_1 posted:

We don't have much of a "sue the gently caress outta people" mindset here in the UK

You do have Jeremy Kyle.

rockcity
Jan 16, 2004

LingcodKilla posted:

Lindsey Bug Baker is awesome.

Haifisch
Nov 13, 2010

Objection! I object! That was... objectionable!

Taco Defender

there wolf posted:

Have you ever looked at the art in most people's houses? Most people just don't want or expect better than the kid who could draw pretty good in high school. More power to them if it makes them happy. We certainly enjoy the results.
Some people just plain don't have an eye for art, either. It's easy to tell people "look for XYZ in a portfolio when picking your tattoo artist", but another thing entirely for them to be able to actually tell what XYZ is.

CommonShore
Jun 6, 2014

A true renaissance man

dpack_1 posted:

I replied to the woman saying there is no way to salvage those tattoos and make them look even remotely like the original designs.

Said her options were either months of painful and expensive laser treatment before starting them all from scratch. Or larger, darker coverups both of which would cost her thousands.

Told her I was sorry that she was in this position and I strongly recommend reporting that guy to her council as i'm sure they are working without a license, and perhaps seek some like of legal advice, if he isnt licensed he could possibly be charged with assualt. We don't have much of a "sue the gently caress outta people" mindset here in the UK but she might be able to seek some justice. She mentioned elsewhere in the email about losing 30+Kgs in the past year so i suspect she's terminal and just wanted all these tattoos done and finished ASAP to enjoy them before she ... well ... couldn't.

The whole story just makes me sad and like LingcodKilla said, i get no joy from exploiting the elderly or infirm. Dude should loving rot for what he has done.

She's probably not going to be happy with you, but you're a good person for telling her this.

Bored
Jul 26, 2007

Dude, ix-nay on the oice-vay.

IUG posted:

I wonder if you could have that woman in the shop and just explain it to her what the problems are and why they can't be fixed. It would at least let her feel like she's not being ignored or neglected, and you could maybe show her exactly what the problem is. Plus, it would let her know it's coming from a professional. She's going to take it bad no matter what, but it would help soften the blow.

Yes. This would be helpful if people were capable of listening to what others are actually saying. But what she will likely hear from someone pointing out her tattoo "artist's" mistakes and explaining how professional artists with professional equipment do their work is,"blah blah blah,stupid, blah I'm better and smarter than you blah blah give me all your money, you big dummy" instead of listening to the actual knowledge coming from the expert.

Ingmar terdman
Jul 24, 2006

mum us love here star
meehee
memories forever
elvis

???

Zamboni Rodeo
Jul 19, 2007

NEVER play "Lady of Spain" AGAIN!

I've never really understood why people want to get someone else's tattoo tattooed onto themselves in the first place. It just says to me that person just wants some ink and isn't creative enough to come up with an original idea for a tattoo. It also feels like copyright infringement to me.

Artists in this thread: how do/would you feel about someone coming in with a pic of a tattoo done by another artist and saying "this is exactly what i want: this exact tattoo"? Have you ever been in that situation? How did you handle it?

REMEMBER SPONGE MONKEYS
Oct 3, 2003

What do you think it means, bitch?

Zamboni_Rodeo posted:

I've never really understood why people want to get someone else's tattoo tattooed onto themselves in the first place. It just says to me that person just wants some ink and isn't creative enough to come up with an original idea for a tattoo. It also feels like copyright infringement to me.

Artists in this thread: how do/would you feel about someone coming in with a pic of a tattoo done by another artist and saying "this is exactly what i want: this exact tattoo"? Have you ever been in that situation? How did you handle it?

Usually they try to gently redirect, most will flat turn them down if the client insists. There’s an exact copy of one of mine out there somewhere (except way shittier).

TheKennedys
Sep 23, 2006

By my hand, I will take you from this godforsaken internet
Hasn't that happened to Kelly Doty enough times that she's actually bothered to call out a few people, or is that one of the other goon artists I'm thinking of?

HazCat
May 4, 2009

At least one goon tattoo artist started posting their sketches to instagram super skewed, to discourage lovely, unscrupulous artists from ripping them off.

And at least one lovely, unscrupulous artist was too dumb to notice (or care), and so someone out there is walking around with a heavily skewed (and much lower quality) knock off of a rad tattoo.

ricketyvickyt
Sep 9, 2010

HazCat posted:

At least one goon tattoo artist started posting their sketches to instagram super skewed, to discourage lovely, unscrupulous artists from ripping them off.

And at least one lovely, unscrupulous artist was too dumb to notice (or care), and so someone out there is walking around with a heavily skewed (and much lower quality) knock off of a rad tattoo.

Tara Quinn is probably the goon you’re thinking of (can’t remember her goon name). She is a really talented new school artist whose designs are stolen/copied/ripped off regularly.

whypick1
Dec 18, 2009

Just another jackass on the Internet

ToastFaceKillah posted:

super size soft serve posted:

And from IG:

Must suck to have people steal your poo poo and not even fix the weird angle.
To top it off, the guy is telling me that I should be honored and get some humility.

Snowy
Oct 6, 2010

A man whose blood
Is very snow-broth;
One who never feels
The wanton stings and
Motions of the sense

dpack_1 posted:

Tattoo:

Tattoo:

Seems like a nice black outline would do wonders for these

dpack_1
Mar 23, 2009

Let another's wounds be your warning

Snowy posted:

Seems like a nice black outline would do wonders for these

Yeah, if that black outline was about 9inches thick and went around the whole thing a few times.

Seriously, they are unsalvageable in any way.

Crab Dad
Dec 28, 2002

Place a canvass block around each piece of work then get a tattoo of an artist passed out near one with booze bottles all around.

Basically rip off the pikachu tattoo.

Bored
Jul 26, 2007

ricketyvickyt posted:

Tara Quinn is probably the goon you’re thinking of (can’t remember her goon name). She is a really talented new school artist whose designs are stolen/copied/ripped off regularly.

Toast face killer? Zee is zae is also a superstar tattoo artist whose work is constantly getting stolen, I think.

Edit : can't find toast face killer's art page. I fuckin love her drawings though.

Bored has a new favorite as of 20:04 on Aug 11, 2018

venus de lmao
Apr 30, 2007

Call me "pixeltits"

I wonder if anyone stealing an artist's work has ever gotten a watermark tattooed on them because they're too dumb to remove it?

Screaming Idiot
Nov 26, 2007

JUST POSTING WHILE JERKIN' MY GHERKIN SITTIN' IN A PERKINS!

BEATS SELLING MERKINS.
i meant to get "love and faith" tattooed on my arm but it actually says GettyImages instead

Zamboni Rodeo
Jul 19, 2007

NEVER play "Lady of Spain" AGAIN!

Bertrand Hustle posted:

I wonder if anyone stealing an artist's work has ever gotten a watermark tattooed on them because they're too dumb to remove it?

Well, there was that one guy who stole some dude's chest tattoo artwork and ended up with a nipple tattooed on his arm.

whypick1
Dec 18, 2009

Just another jackass on the Internet

:allears:

REMEMBER SPONGE MONKEYS
Oct 3, 2003

What do you think it means, bitch?

Bored posted:

Toast face killer? Zee is zae is also a superstar tattoo artist whose work is constantly getting stolen, I think.

Edit : can't find toast face killer's art page. I fuckin love her drawings though.

https://www.instagram.com/taraquinntattoos is TFK

https://www.instagram.com/kellydotylovessoup is zee

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Bored
Jul 26, 2007

Holy poo poo! TFK is in my neck of the woods now! Too bad I'm broke. I loving love her artwork so much. My car probably can't make it to San Antonio either. :(