Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Kunster
Dec 24, 2006

I think it was the same thing, but done in murmurs.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Tired Moritz
Mar 25, 2012

wish Lowtax would get tired of YOUR POSTS

(n o i c e)
this is like the most boring drama ever

Testekill
Nov 1, 2012

I demand to be taken seriously

:aronrex:

We need some content STAT

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MCSJ86XDcuM

Wrestling with Wregret covers Mucha Lucha for animation month.

TheMaestroso
Nov 4, 2014

I must know your secrets.

khwarezm posted:

Who are these people and what is happening.

Kim Justice
Jan 29, 2007

Nick Nocturne = Night Mind.

That's all I've got.

Hemingway To Go!
Nov 10, 2008

im stupider then dog shit, i dont give a shit, and i dont give a fuck, and i will never shut the fuck up, and i'll always Respect my enemys.
- ernest hemingway

Kim Justice posted:

Nick Nocturne = Night Mind.

That's all I've got.

You mean you aren't willing to make him a toxic unperson over some twitter no one knows airing a specifically chosen discord quote where he just gets mad out of context, and the twitter person refuses to give any.

I'm getting the idea that people here actually hate YouTube videos and will go to any length to not talk about them.

I AM GRANDO
Aug 20, 2006

Nyx Fears makes good film analysis videos and has for a few years now. Put the claws away for a while and check them out.

BobbyK
Jun 4, 2008

by Cyrano4747
People throw the funniest tantrums in this thread.

Here's a guy talking about video games in a way that isn't as annoying as most other guys who talk about videos games.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hH4AE9icYA0

Kim Justice
Jan 29, 2007

Hemingway To Go! posted:

You mean you aren't willing to make him a toxic unperson over some twitter no one knows airing a specifically chosen discord quote where he just gets mad out of context, and the twitter person refuses to give any.

I'm getting the idea that people here actually hate YouTube videos and will go to any length to not talk about them.

Well I literally have no idea of what's going on nor the inclination to educate myself beyond even the basics of knowing who Nick and May are so uhhhhhh...that's it? Like, people recognise Night Mind more than Nick Nocturne I'd wager cause he gets posted in the thread.

Puppy Time
Mar 1, 2005

Hemingway To Go! posted:

Dude, I dunno what else to say if that quote doesn't immediately read to you like a parent talking to a five-year-old. Also using "hugbox" seriously.

cat doter
Jul 27, 2006

gonna need more cheese...australia has a lot of crackers
in hellworld, every day is festivus !!

Dapper_Swindler
Feb 14, 2012

Im glad my instant dislike in you has been validated again and again.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=03E_hZdXqBE&feature=youtu.be

some twitch guy got a interview with Scott Cawthon the creator of FNAF. its interesting stuff.

Alaois
Feb 7, 2012

Hemingway To Go! posted:

don't you have a 9 paragraph treatise on Voidburger to write somewhere

A Gnarlacious Bro
Apr 25, 2007

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Hemingway To Go! posted:

Unperson alert

A Gnarlacious Bro
Apr 25, 2007

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
We got an SJW unpersoning happening people

Hemingway To Go!
Nov 10, 2008

im stupider then dog shit, i dont give a shit, and i dont give a fuck, and i will never shut the fuck up, and i'll always Respect my enemys.
- ernest hemingway
Unpersoning is actually fine and good in many cases. The internet has no shortage of people saying fascist poo poo or having directly harmed people by controlling their relationships or groomed children or whatever. There's plenty of good reasons to just write someone off and not talk about them and just focus on content creators who make things worth talking about. Boogie should have be put in the "don't talk about this idiot" bin ages ago.
The bar being lowered to "said something that sounds bad out of context to an internet acquaintance in a discord chat" does not seem helpful, but whatever, you're making me saying something more of a thing than I made of the whole thing.
Nyx breaking off her friendship with Nick is more alarming than anything to me because I trust Nyx, really.

Hemingway To Go! fucked around with this message at 18:11 on Aug 9, 2018

Yardbomb
Jul 11, 2011

What's with the eh... bretonnian dance, sir?

Hemingway To Go! posted:

Nyx breaking off his friendship with Nick is more alarming than anything to me because I trust Nyx, really.

Her :ssh:

Though honestly I agree for the most part with what you're saying, the stuff about Nyx getting swamped with transphobia and them not stomping on that quick, along with Nyx seemingly breaking off from them is a lot more to go on than some douchey sounding discord messages with zero context.

Yardbomb fucked around with this message at 18:07 on Aug 9, 2018

Puppy Time
Mar 1, 2005

Dapper_Swindler posted:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=03E_hZdXqBE&feature=youtu.be

some twitch guy got a interview with Scott Cawthon the creator of FNAF. its interesting stuff.

Oh, man, this is great. I'm glad Scott's remained a really nice, humble dude.

Puppy Time
Mar 1, 2005

Hemingway To Go! posted:

The bar being lowered to "said something that sounds bad out of context to an internet acquaintance in a discord chat" does not seem helpful

I'm not really sure what context would make that rant there acceptable, honestly.

WampaLord
Jan 14, 2010

Puppy Time posted:

I'm not really sure what context would make that rant there acceptable, honestly.

Yea, "douche chills" was spot on, I have no idea who either of these people are but I instantly lose all respect for anyone who acts that condescending.

Dapper_Swindler
Feb 14, 2012

Puppy Time posted:

Oh, man, this is great. I'm glad Scott's remained a really nice, humble dude.

yeah, i have never heard anything about about the dude personally. like he says in the video, he took a weakness and rolled with it and got lucky as hell. my little cousin LOVES fnaf and its nice to see that the creator isn't some weird rear end in a top hat of any stripe.

Puppy Time
Mar 1, 2005

Dapper_Swindler posted:

yeah, i have never heard anything about about the dude personally. like he says in the video, he took a weakness and rolled with it and got lucky as hell. my little cousin LOVES fnaf and its nice to see that the creator isn't some weird rear end in a top hat of any stripe.

I'd heard little bits here and there- like wanting to make a horror game that was still safe for kids, or just the fact that he spun his designing weakness into a strength- but this interview really does show how cool a guy he is. More cool people should win the success lottery!

achillesforever6
Apr 23, 2012

psst you wanna do a communism?

FoldableHuman posted:

Content-wise, Campster has a (week old) new video on Jurassic Park as a franchise and Jurassic World Evolution in specific. It's good
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9aDDbKhzyBg
This is good even though Jurassic Park Operation Genesis was great if albeit really flawed game (man I wish the new JW evolution had JPOG's Dino AI and animations)

Dean of Swing
Feb 22, 2012
“Unperson”?

lol if you think youtubers are people.

Dapper_Swindler posted:

Respect and a healthy mindset can be all yours if you don’t make every firing brain synapse “part-o-yo-brand”. I’m willing to bet dollars to donuts that dude has some opinions that would get this thread ultra-booty bothered but he has the sense to keep to himself like every other functional adult in the world.

Dean of Swing fucked around with this message at 21:34 on Aug 9, 2018

Max Wilco
Jan 23, 2012

I'm just trying to go through life without looking stupid.

It's not working out too well...

Dean of Swing posted:

Dehumanize yourself, and embrace AdSense revenue.

Kim Justice
Jan 29, 2007

Resistance is futile

sexpig by night
Sep 8, 2011

by Azathoth

Puppy Time posted:

I'd heard little bits here and there- like wanting to make a horror game that was still safe for kids, or just the fact that he spun his designing weakness into a strength- but this interview really does show how cool a guy he is. More cool people should win the success lottery!

Yea, seems like just a nice guy who lucked out when his 'aw poo poo I have problems making my game...maybe I can wiggle it around to make it work' project exploded in an insane way. Good for him, he always seemed like a decent dude.

Dean of Swing posted:

Respect and a healthy mindset can be all yours if you don’t make every firing brain synapse “part-o-yo-brand”. I’m willing to bet dollars to donuts that dude has some opinions that would get this thread ultra-booty bothered but he has the sense to keep to himself like every other functional adult in the world.

Yea, like for all we know maybe he DOES have some lovely side, but if he does he A) keeps it to himself, and B) doesn't victimize others with it so who cares. The evil SJWs aren't actually holding a grand inquisition where if your video gets more than 1000 hits we ask you what you think of Israel while dangling you over a pit! You can just be a normal person, shut up about whatever 'unpopular' thoughts you may have that aren't relevant to your thing, and just be successful. It's like that old Twitter joke. "Ah I've built a livelihood around playing video games and doing skits...Time to tell everyone how I feel about the different races of people..."

sexpig by night fucked around with this message at 22:54 on Aug 9, 2018

Dapper_Swindler
Feb 14, 2012

Dean of Swing posted:

“Unperson”?

yeah, he made a weird cyberpunk pilgrims progress game so he is pretty christian but he seems to be not a dick about it so i don't care and id play a weird pilgrims progress game if it was interesting.

sexpig by night posted:

Yea, seems like just a nice guy who lucked out when his 'aw poo poo I have problems making my game...maybe I can wiggle it around to make it work' project exploded in an insane way. Good for him, he always seemed like a decent dude.

Yea, like for all we know maybe he DOES have some lovely side, but if he does he A) keeps it to himself, and B) doesn't victimize others with it so who cares. The evil SJWs aren't actually holding a grand inquisition where if your video gets more than 1000 hits we ask you what you think of Israel while dangling you over a pit! You can just be a normal person, shut up about whatever 'unpopular' thoughts you may have that aren't relevant to your thing, and just be successful. It's like that old Twitter joke. "Ah I've built a livelihood around playing video games and doing skits...Time to tell everyone how I feel about the different races of people..."

i mean yeah, he hit that primal kid fear i had of animatronics. and he inadvertently saved and sorta brought back animatronic restaurant poo poo apparently.

i agree with you later point mostly though i have seen innocent people (avgn and that dude with the stupid hawaiin shirt being the ones i remember) who landed the probe on the asteroid get dragged through the mud based on bullshit, mostly because twitter bullshit and in the latter case because chris plante was being lovely rear end in a top hat moron who wanted to start poo poo. that being said, its not some super conspiracy poo poo.

but yeah cawthon keeps quiet about it and gives a ton to charity so if he ends up being conservative(but not a chud) i am cool with it.

Dapper_Swindler fucked around with this message at 23:34 on Aug 9, 2018

Lotus Aura
Aug 16, 2009

KNEEL BEFORE THE WICKED KING!
Hey look, PushingUpRoses did a Doug retrospective. The, uh, the cartoon.

rujasu
Dec 19, 2013

Haha, yeah, every time I see her tweet about that, I do a double-take.

Dapper_Swindler
Feb 14, 2012

i remeber watching it as a kid and kinda liking it but re watching it, its just kinda eh. i mean i get what they were going for and it works but idk. i guess hey arnold did it better for me.

DEEP STATE PLOT
Aug 13, 2008

Yes...Ha ha ha...YES!

Dapper_Swindler posted:

i remeber watching it as a kid and kinda liking it but re watching it, its just kinda eh. i mean i get what they were going for and it works but idk. i guess hey arnold did it better for me.

i rewatched a bunch of doug a while ago and i still found it to be a really well-written kid's show. it is not as entertaining to me as an adult as hey arnold (among others), but it wasn't intended for me as an adult, so.

Linear Zoetrope
Nov 28, 2011

A hero must cook
I just wasn't really a fan of the art which made me watch it less. There's something about that Newspaper Comic Strip-like art style that offputs me. (Not that that's one style, it's a wide range of styles from Calvin and Hobbes to Family Circus to a host of other things, but a lot of them share a similar "messy" vibe I can't articulate that I hate). Weirdly I liked Ed, Edd, n Eddy just fine though :shrug:.

AriadneThread
Feb 17, 2011

The Devil sounds like smoke and honey. We cannot move. It is too beautiful.

the music/sound effects is the thing that has stuck with me long after i've forgotten the actual show

Zedd
Jul 6, 2009

I mean, who would have noticed another madman around here?

I only remember the bully, i loved to hate that little poo poo.
It being compared to Hey Arnold-light is not bad though, Hey Arnold really was that good and holds up drat well.

TheMaestroso
Nov 4, 2014

I must know your secrets.

Zedd posted:

I only remember the bully, i loved to hate that little poo poo.
It being compared to Hey Arnold-light is not bad though, Hey Arnold really was that good and holds up drat well.

I always hold that Hey Arnold was one of the smartest shows on Nick. It treated its audience like they were intelligent, empathetic, and patient in sharp contrast to most shows made for kids.

DEEP STATE PLOT
Aug 13, 2008

Yes...Ha ha ha...YES!

TheMaestroso posted:

I always hold that Hey Arnold was one of the smartest shows on Nick. It treated its audience like they were intelligent, empathetic, and patient in sharp contrast to most shows made for kids.

i always felt this was the case with both shows, with doug being a bit simpler as it seems to be aimed at a somewhat younger audience.

Dapper_Swindler
Feb 14, 2012

DEEP STATE PLOT posted:

i rewatched a bunch of doug a while ago and i still found it to be a really well-written kid's show. it is not as entertaining to me as an adult as hey arnold (among others), but it wasn't intended for me as an adult, so.

thats pretty much what i mean, i guess it wasn't as memorable to me as other shows.

TheMaestroso posted:

this, plus its memorible, i can remeber a ton of poo poo from hey arnold. i only remember like 2 episodes of doug.

Calaveron
Aug 7, 2006
:negative:
Hey Arnold also had a ton of heart and they snuck some pretty good jokes under the censors especially where Grampa was concerned. Also it dealt with some relatively heavy stuff
Like the Christmas movie where Arnold helps reunite his Vietnamese neighbor with his long lost daughter he explicitly got separated from during the war or Helga having to live with an inattentive dad and alcoholic mother that ignored her completely for her overachieving sister who was also broken from trying to live up to her own horribly high expectations
Also their teacher was gay and it was a completely normal thing, at a time where it would either be a punchline or completely unheard of
The soundtrack was incredible too

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Arc Hammer
Mar 4, 2013

Got any deathsticks?
I remember Garbage Can Day. It was like The Purge for Hey Arnold.