Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

muon
Sep 13, 2008

by Reene

Odysseus S. Grant posted:

I mean, I'm super glad that Direwolf is on the ball with quick adjustments, but is a news post a day in advance, or even an hour before, that much to ask for?
Neither their news blog nor their twitter account has posted about the changes yet.

they posted here: https://steamcommunity.com/games/531640/announcements/detail/1692677521819338427

it's a well deserved nerf

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Gridlocked
Aug 2, 2014

MR. STUPID MORON
WITH AN UGLY FACE
AND A BIG BUTT
AND HIS BUTT SMELLS
AND HE LIKES TO KISS
HIS OWN BUTT
by Roger Hargreaves
I mean it still works at 7 you just do t get the explosive win off bullet shaper into turn 3 call.

STANKBALLS TASTYLEGS
Oct 12, 2012

yeah delaying call a turn is probably good enough to bring the deck down to the proper level. Still playable but way more vulenerable to interaction

Roluth
Apr 22, 2014

STANKBALLS TASTYLEGS posted:

yeah delaying call a turn is probably good enough to bring the deck down to the proper level. Still playable but way more vulenerable to interaction

An extra turn or two to fetch a Kaleb's Choice from my Icaria Blue's market sounds perfect, yeah. Doesn't reduce the impact, but reduces the speed a little.

Tubgoat
Jun 30, 2013

by sebmojo
I got a system message in-game, like the reminders thst units can't attack the turn you play them, or that you require the following influence to play that card, but something entirely different, and with a larger font and it was way too fast for me to read. Happened entirely apropos of nothing. Opponent declined to allow me to message them to ask if they saw it too and I am deathly confused. Any y'all know what it might've been? I wasn't trying to take any action at the time and Google has been no help thus far. Happened during a ranked game, was on Haunting Scream and opp was on some Praxis overrun bullshit or something I think, don't remember and don't care, just want to know :wtc: it might've said.

Aranan
May 21, 2007

Release the Kraken
I finally got around to opening my Dusk Road packs for league and this is the resulting pool:
https://eternalwarcry.com/decks/details/ldhxeOYmOVU/league-pool?view=color

I was running FJP before, but didn't have a ton of luck with the thing I cobbled together. I forgot to export the deck before throwing everything into eternalwarcry.com, so I guess it's gone but it was basically the decent bodies+removal. Aeva is my only real bomb (as far as I can tell), so I'm probably going to at least stay in Primal.

[edit] Rebuilt it as a JPf with the new cards. Maybe it isn't garbage? Maybe it is. You decide.

Aranan fucked around with this message at 21:12 on Aug 10, 2018

Nighthand
Nov 4, 2009

what horror the gas

They changed ranks a little. You can no longer drop from gold to silver or silver to bronze, and you can't demote within the first three games after reaching a new tier, so it's a little harder to really get kicked while you're on a losing streak.

Also the Eternal on Twitch event is starting in about half an hour. 4K gold or 300 gems, constructed play, 9 wins/3 losses, and the top 10 winners get a year of Twitch Prime. https://www.direwolfdigital.com/news/new-event-eternalontwitch/

Wrestlepig
Feb 25, 2011

my mum says im cool

Toilet Rascal
Just lost a match because of the answer the call nerf. Please reverse thanks so I can win again

Nighthand
Nov 4, 2009

what horror the gas

I just lost a game because there was a card in my deck that I definitely didn't put in my deck!

ShadeofBlue
Mar 17, 2011

Nighthand posted:

I just lost a game because there was a card in my deck that I definitely didn't put in my deck!

Was it a firebomb?

Nighthand
Nov 4, 2009

what horror the gas

No, somehow a copy of Bar the Gates ended up in my rakano aggro deck. Just one, and I'm not sure what it was in place of, but I know I wouldn't have just randomly put a singleton of something like that in that deck.

Tubgoat
Jun 30, 2013

by sebmojo
I lost a game because my touchscreen decided I wanted to Torch my Pyroknight instead of play Yeti Champ and swing for 5. Lost a draft once because my touchscreen decided I wanted to P1P1 Learned Herbalist instead of the Feln fellow that activates for Wheel of Fortune.

lazerwolf
Dec 22, 2009

Orange and Black

Tubgoat posted:

I lost a game because my touchscreen decided I wanted to Torch my Pyroknight instead of play Yeti Champ and swing for 5. Lost a draft once because my touchscreen decided I wanted to P1P1 Learned Herbalist instead of the Feln fellow that activates for Wheel of Fortune.

Learned Herbalist might be better than that guy

Tubgoat
Jun 30, 2013

by sebmojo
I disagree, and even if my rare was a 15th copy of Fearbinder, I'd've rather had the 200 shift. It was upsetting.

BGrifter
Mar 16, 2007

Winner of Something Awful PS5 thread's Posting Excellence Award June 2022

Congratulations!
Neat, got a free premium Eilyn, Clan Mother by leaving my Mac with a bunch of Twitch tabs open. This is awesome.

Kurash
May 12, 2008

Nighthand posted:

No, somehow a copy of Bar the Gates ended up in my rakano aggro deck. Just one, and I'm not sure what it was in place of, but I know I wouldn't have just randomly put a singleton of something like that in that deck.

That's probably exactly what happened, considering that's the only reasonable explanation.

MrL_JaKiri
Sep 23, 2003

A bracing glass of carrot juice!

Tubgoat posted:

Pfft, come back when your touchscreen decides to torch yourself for lethal instead of torching the opponent for lethal

Brendan Rodgers
Jun 11, 2014

I can never get into the game since trying to come back, it infinitely loops when it's trying to start up, and although the problem seems common the listed solutions of clearing data/reinstalling etc aren't working.

Lone Goat
Apr 16, 2003

When life gives you lemons, suplex those lemons.

looks like there's a bug in the Twitch event that lets you apply more than 3 runs to your ranking.

Hauki
May 11, 2010

STiL. posted:

That's probably exactly what happened, considering that's the only reasonable explanation.

Sometimes on mobile the act of trying to scroll through my collection during deckbuilding results in it randomly throwing singleton copies of the displayed cards into my deck.

Lone Goat
Apr 16, 2003

When life gives you lemons, suplex those lemons.

Lone Goat posted:

looks like there's a bug in the Twitch event that lets you apply more than 3 runs to your ranking.

It's been addressed and they're going to fix it so only the first 3 runs count, so you're released from your prison of grinding the event all weekend.

Vando
Oct 26, 2007

stoats about
Holy god Censari Brigand is a beating in Skycrag Aggro, nobody expects the charging berserk warcry-pumped destroyer of life totals

interrodactyl
Nov 8, 2011

you have no dignity
Slowly building up my collection of cards through daily wins. Is it worth buying the campaigns? They're pricy, gold-wise, but I've been seeing some campaign-only cards that pop up in decklists.

Aranan
May 21, 2007

Release the Kraken
There are a few cards in each of the campaigns that see some use. For what it's worth, if you're going to spend $ on anything in this game, I believe the campaigns give you the best ratio of $ to gold, so they're the best thing to put real money into.

Plus they're kind of fun and flesh out the world a little if that's remotely interesting to you.

bamhand
Apr 15, 2010
The first campaign is kind of skippable. The other 2 have really, really good cards.

MerrMan
Aug 3, 2003

bamhand posted:

The first campaign is kind of skippable. The other 2 have really, really good cards.

You're right, I thought I remembered more good stuff being from the first campaign but I went through and made a list:

Jekk's Bounty - Quarry (Copperhall Bailiff, Stray into Shadow, Passage of Eons, Cliffside Porter)
Horus Traver - Cinder Yeti, Auric Interrogator, Vision of Austerity, Tavrod (Crimson Firemaw, Power Stone, Devoted Theurge, Yetipult)
Dead Reckoning - Bore, little Icaria, Inquisitor's Blade, Hailstorm, Ripknife Assassin, In Cold Blood, Equivocate, Hooru Pacifier (Oni Dragonsmith, Venom Rider sorta I guess)

Cards outside the parenthesis are the that go in to a bunch of decks, or are the best option for the decks that they live in. Inside are the cards I see less often - either as a single copy in a market, a 5/6th copy of a similar effect like Stray into Shadow for extra board wipes or cards used in niche decks that are off-meta.

Dead Reckoning is definitely where to start - Hailstorm is still the best early sweeper by a mile and several of the other cards in there are really nice to have on hand. Tavrod isn't as good as he used to be, so Horus Traver isn't quite as value as it was before set4.

BGrifter
Mar 16, 2007

Winner of Something Awful PS5 thread's Posting Excellence Award June 2022

Congratulations!
I sprung for the two campaigns I was missing and holy poo poo Argentport with Tavrod is super fun. Easily my favourite deck since I started about a month ago.

Nighthand
Nov 4, 2009

what horror the gas

I am on an absolute TEAR with Skycraggro right now. Turns out when all these decks are looking to pull big shenanigans or go for long games or are control, playing a deck where you can win on turn 3 is really good. Currently I'm 17-3 out of the last 20 games and have gone from Silver 3 to Gold 2 in like two days of casual play with it.

eSporks
Jun 10, 2011

I was on a similar tear with skycraggo, but for some reason I'm stuck at good 2. Seems like it's flooded with praxis decks now.

bamhand
Apr 15, 2010
Yeah I hit masters with Skycrag (old Dead Reckoning list) this month and then when I went to try out an updated list with berserk I hit a wall of defensive Time units and gave up.

extravadanza
Oct 19, 2007
I got to masters this month and last month with a Rizahn/Icaria deck. Icaria used to be balanced around her power requirement 3F3T, but now it's trivial to hit that with Bulletshaper. I think she needs a bit of a nerf.

Vando
Oct 26, 2007

stoats about

bamhand posted:

Yeah I hit masters with Skycrag (old Dead Reckoning list) this month and then when I went to try out an updated list with berserk I hit a wall of defensive Time units and gave up.

I took out a couple of each of yeti and vadius and brought in 4x thunderbird which has definitely helped finish things off over the top against praxis

Nighthand
Nov 4, 2009

what horror the gas

I might try that. Oddly enough I haven't run into much in the way of Praxis yet, and the ones I have I tend to run over before they actually do much. I did lose one to a slow start + SST, but usually they play some power, drop Teacher, I torch Teacher and run them down.

As usual for a deck like this I don't really have an answer for SST beyond "go wide enough they die before I do" or maybe warcry up one lucky unit enough to go over it, but neither is reliable.

Vando
Oct 26, 2007

stoats about
My anti-SST tech is 'win by t4 on the play'

Or maybe 'hold burn and throw away warcry units early game for later payoff' but this is really hard to predict a lot of the time.

Comedy option: ankle cutter!

Nighthand
Nov 4, 2009

what horror the gas

I did have Ankle Cutter in the market but I think I swapped it for Obliterate. I could probably put it back in, take out Factory Quota or something since if I'm in a position to be casting Quota I'm not going to win that game.

bamhand
Apr 15, 2010
This is the deck list I was testing out, it doesn't run markets.

https://eternalwarcry.com/decks/details/gqi1_x56OWY/manus-skycragdeckwins-v3

Vando
Oct 26, 2007

stoats about
I don't like merchants either because of the speed, but I think that list only works if you can out-trade early on and warcry snowball (which a lot of the time you can do!) so if you're running into a Time-heavy micrometa bringing in merchants/some other means of gaining midgame reach (flyers to combat fatties, ankle cutter to take down SST) could be a good option. I don't think the full market package is necessary to swing the matchup but ymmv

Nosre
Apr 16, 2002

Nighthand posted:

I am on an absolute TEAR with Skycraggro right now. Turns out when all these decks are looking to pull big shenanigans or go for long games or are control, playing a deck where you can win on turn 3 is really good. Currently I'm 17-3 out of the last 20 games and have gone from Silver 3 to Gold 2 in like two days of casual play with it.

extravadanza posted:

I got to masters this month and last month with a Rizahn/Icaria deck. Icaria used to be balanced around her power requirement 3F3T, but now it's trivial to hit that with Bulletshaper. I think she needs a bit of a nerf.

Can I peep a list? I typically just play janky midrange piles forever but at some point I've got to finish a master's climb

extravadanza
Oct 19, 2007

Nosre posted:

Can I peep a list? I typically just play janky midrange piles forever but at some point I've got to finish a master's climb

https://eternalwarcry.com/decks/details/tLZBtn42Nyk/rakano-valkyries

I'm actually playing it with only 2 big Icarias in the main deck because I didn't want to craft a 4th and subbed in an extra amilli. It's an effective deck, but kinda boring with ranked just being battle of the Icarias right now.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Framboise
Sep 21, 2014

To make yourself feel better, you make it so you'll never give in to your forevers and live for always.

Lipstick Apathy

much thanks to the advice i've been given here and on reddit