Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Toxic Fart Syndrome
Jul 2, 2006

*hits A-THREAD-5*

Only 3.6 Roentgoons per hour ... not great, not terrible.

...the meter only goes to 3.6...

Pork Pro
Letting Ralph, who got picked last, get all of the advantages was maybe the best thing MC has ever done. :shobon:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Propaganda Machine
Jan 2, 2005

Truthiness!
Ramsey is reportedly pissed at the difference of Masterchef quality cooking between America and Australia. I suspect he may be flipping his dick onto the table in production meetings and ... well, we all know that he knows how to berate poor performance, just maybe he's taken it to the correct level.

Tired Moritz
Mar 25, 2012

wish Lowtax would get tired of YOUR POSTS

(n o i c e)
Aggressively bitching poor performance in masterchef is why the american version sucka though

Invalid Validation
Jan 13, 2008

They also need like a million episodes per season.

SpannerX
Apr 26, 2010

I had a beer with Stephen Harper once and now I like him.

Fun Shoe

Invalid Validation posted:

They also need like a million episodes per season.

If the US version got rid of the fake drama and started recruiting decent home chefs, I'd start watching it again. My favorite cooking shows now are Master Chef Aus., Great British Bake off, and the Canuckinstan Baking show.

Invalid Validation
Jan 13, 2008

I like master chef Aussie but man it’s hard to keep up with so many episodes.

Propaganda Machine
Jan 2, 2005

Truthiness!
Agreed, though it airs at a time when there's very little else on tv (in the States, anyway). It doesn't need that lack of competition but it sure helps.

wormil
Sep 12, 2002

Hulk will smoke you!
24 Hours of Hell or whatever it's called featured a dog friendly restaurant and it was what you imagine but surprisingly without puddles or dog poo poo, they must have edited that out. I love my dog and take her lots of places but I don't want to eat at a dog friendly restaurant, that's disgusting.

Toxic Fart Syndrome
Jul 2, 2006

*hits A-THREAD-5*

Pork Pro

wormil posted:

24 Hours of Hell or whatever it's called featured a dog friendly restaurant and it was what you imagine but surprisingly without puddles or dog poo poo, they must have edited that out. I love my dog and take her lots of places but I don't want to eat at a dog friendly restaurant, that's disgusting.

Yeah that's why it's :airquote: illegal :airquote: almost everywhere. Whatever absurd jurisdiction they were in must not even have a health department. :shrug:

Propaganda Machine
Jan 2, 2005

Truthiness!
Was it a small town or anything? It's easier to bribe and handwave things away in that case.

nunsexmonkrock
Apr 13, 2008

wormil posted:

I could have sworn I saw a close up of a dog turd in the kitchen. It could have been some other kind of nasty crud but it sure looked like a dog turd. Unfortunatly since I watched OTA it's not recorded for me to go back and check.

Anne Whateley
Feb 11, 2007
:unsmith: i like nice words
Dog-friendly restaurants are okay, I've been to plenty of places that allowed good dogs on the patio and it's always been cool. That dog-themed restaurant, though, was nasty as hell.

Although one thing I didn't get why he was upset about was cooking dog and human food on the same burners. Since the dog food was all human food to start with, who cares? I mean they're not buying cans of Alpo, they're buying normal chicken breasts from Sysco or whatever.

Enderzero
Jun 19, 2001

The snowflake button makes it
cold cold cold
Set temperature makes it
hold hold hold

Propaganda Machine posted:

Was it a small town or anything? It's easier to bribe and handwave things away in that case.

It’s in Kansas. You know, the state that had the water slide designed by a guy with a high school education that decapitated a kid who’s dad was a state senator who voted to limit legal damage payouts to $300000, and who then sued the water park in another state to get a larger payout.

nunsexmonkrock
Apr 13, 2008

Anne Whateley posted:

Although one thing I didn't get why he was upset about was cooking dog and human food on the same burners. Since the dog food was all human food to start with, who cares? I mean they're not buying cans of Alpo, they're buying normal chicken breasts from Sysco or whatever.

Some things people can eat are toxic to dogs - for example onion and garlic.

nunsexmonkrock fucked around with this message at 15:39 on Jul 29, 2018

Anne Whateley
Feb 11, 2007
Yeah, that was covered in the episode too, but I definitely don't see how that would be an issue with using the same burner. That was about "ew gross" not about "what if I suddenly forget I'm making a dog recipe"

Propaganda Machine
Jan 2, 2005

Truthiness!
Onions and garlic are related, and some humans are allergic to that entire family (forget the name) as well. Dog food cooking next to it on the grill and catching the fumes probably isn't the worst thing ever, but I can't imagine it's good.

Anne Whateley
Feb 11, 2007
If dogs could get sick from smelling an onion (they can't), they'd have much more exposure from their owner actually eating the dish with onions at the table next to them. Did you guys watch the episode? Because that wasn't the concern with the separate burners at all.

Toxic Fart Syndrome
Jul 2, 2006

*hits A-THREAD-5*

Pork Pro
Human food and dog food have different preparation/cleanliness requirements. Ignoring the legal stuff, I will guarantee they didn't wash those dog pans every time they used them... :barf:

wormil
Sep 12, 2002

Hulk will smoke you!
There is a dog friendly beer place (bar/retail) in town but the dogs have always been well behaved, it's clean, and they don't serve food. Health dept shut 'em down but let them reopen.

SHVPS4DETH
Mar 19, 2009

seen so much i'm going blind
and i'm brain-dead virtually

Ramrod XTreme

Propaganda Machine posted:

Onions and garlic are related, and some humans are allergic to that entire family (forget the name) as well.

alliums

that allergy sucks bc it includes so many vegetables so commonly used that you can't eat food you don't make yrself

see also celery allergy, feel for those ppl

solarNativity
Nov 11, 2012

New episode of 24 Hour Kitchen Nightmares is pretty stellar, including Ramsay saying "surf's up" in what is easily his best disguise yet (no beard) and a truly disgusting restaurant. Also, according to Kitchen Nightmares Updates they had to undo some of the renovations due to lack of permits, and people aren't big fans either.

e: also he says "tacos" again lmao

solarNativity fucked around with this message at 23:42 on Aug 9, 2018

Hijinks Ensue
Jul 24, 2007
So the preview for the next season of Hell's Kitchen sets things up as Rookies vs. Veterans. Not sure who all the vets will be but I see at least one face I recognize. Just as long as they don't bring back Robyn or Elise again.

nunsexmonkrock
Apr 13, 2008
The Roku Channel has Seasons 1-15 of Hells Kitchen and all of Kitchen Nightmares (at least I think - it was 6 seasons correct?). I don't mind the adds especially since the older episodes are so hard to find (at least for me). - I finally got to watch the first season - and man is it so much different - it also seems to be uncensored - which is a pro and a con - It's fun to hear but I don't know if it's funnier to hear the beeps.

They are also on their webisite therokuchannel.com - but the navigation is just the same on the Roku (horrid - no search, just a roku style menu.) - but they are under the TV section. You shouldn't need to use an account but honestly - I haven't really tried since I'd rather just watch them on my tv. On to season 2 binging later tonight.

nunsexmonkrock fucked around with this message at 01:54 on Aug 10, 2018

Anne Whateley
Feb 11, 2007

solarNativity posted:

New episode of 24 Hour Kitchen Nightmares is pretty stellar, including Ramsay saying "surf's up" in what is easily his best disguise yet (no beard) and a truly disgusting restaurant. Also, according to Kitchen Nightmares Updates they had to undo some of the renovations due to lack of permits, and people aren't big fans either.

e: also he says "tacos" again lmao
Are we seriously watching reality TV Hamlet in this episode? What the gently caress?

wormil
Sep 12, 2002

Hulk will smoke you!

Hijinks Ensue posted:

So the preview for the next season of Hell's Kitchen sets things up as Rookies vs. Veterans. Not sure who all the vets will be but I see at least one face I recognize. Just as long as they don't bring back Robyn or Elise again.

I hope they bring back 2 Coolers.

Corgiflop
Dec 1, 2005

Maximum Derp

wormil posted:

Okay, yeah, I can get behind that one.

:stare: :...I like to eat them raw

Hijinks Ensue
Jul 24, 2007

wormil posted:

My dream team for the veterans: 2 Coolers, Sabrina, Lacey, Raj, and the lady with the puppet.

wormil
Sep 12, 2002

Hulk will smoke you!
I haven't watched KN in a few years and don't remember most of them but 2 Coolers is a friend of an aquaintance. I haven't seen him in a long time though.

wormil
Sep 12, 2002

Hulk will smoke you!
24 hours of the worst TV show title in history is playing games with the colors. The old food and decor are desaturated while the new food and decor are pumped to the point of blooming. Also Fred acts like he'd like to take the kid out back and go a few rounds.

Timby
Dec 23, 2006

Your mother!

Yeah, 24 Hours to Hell is pretty rough and they really didn't need to add the new gimmick to Kitchen Nightmares. Especially when Ramsay has Barney Stinson-esque disguises.

So far, it feels more contrived than Restaurant Impossible, which ... well, that's pretty impressive.

Davros1
Jul 19, 2007

You've got to admit, you are kind of implausible

Timby posted:

Yeah, 24 Hours to Hell is pretty rough and they really didn't need to add the new gimmick to Kitchen Nightmares. Especially when Ramsay has Barney Stinson-esque disguises.

So far, it feels more contrived than Restaurant Impossible, which ... well, that's pretty impressive.

Next week he's just going to walk in with no disguise and introduce himself as "Ramsay Gordon".

Scrotum Modem
Sep 12, 2014

I'm finishing up the season of Australian Masterchef that just completed and I definitely like it over the US version, without a doubt. How did I watch it? :filez:

My dream guest judge for Masterchef US: TheReportOfTheWeek. Perhaps the challenge can be focused on creations limited to fast food ingredients or something. 95% of the viewers won't know who he is but I don't care. Him critiquing in this show for a single challenge would be gold

Xelkelvos
Dec 19, 2012
It's probably been brought up in this thread before, but I'm curious as to why there's literally been zero focus on Bowen Li on Masterchef over the past few episodes. They don't even show his dishes being tasted and it's almost absurd the lengths the show goes to to sorta ignore his existence.

Arms_Akimbo
Sep 29, 2006

It's so damn...literal.

wormil posted:

24 hours of the worst TV show title in history is playing games with the colors. The old food and decor are desaturated while the new food and decor are pumped to the point of blooming. Also Fred acts like he'd like to take the kid out back and go a few rounds.

This season of MasterChef had also had a lot of instances where they obviously added CGI steam to food the judges cooked. The cheese souffle episode was particularly funny.

Toxic Fart Syndrome
Jul 2, 2006

*hits A-THREAD-5*

Pork Pro

Xelkelvos posted:

It's probably been brought up in this thread before, but I'm curious as to why there's literally been zero focus on Bowen Li on Masterchef over the past few episodes. They don't even show his dishes being tasted and it's almost absurd the lengths the show goes to to sorta ignore his existence.

That usually means he gets into the top 5, so they can keep some people fresh. :shrug:

Enderzero
Jun 19, 2001

The snowflake button makes it
cold cold cold
Set temperature makes it
hold hold hold

Xelkelvos posted:

They did the same thing with Julia last night. I, too, assume it’s for season pacing - so they use up sets of characters who are likely to lose when they hit the limit of their tier and to keep things fresh for deep run contestants.

Timby
Dec 23, 2006

Your mother!

Enderzero posted:

They did the same thing with Julia last night. I, too, assume it’s for season pacing - so they use up sets of characters who are likely to lose when they hit the limit of their tier and to keep things fresh for deep run contestants.

Almost certainly, yes. Like, two or three straight episodes have had heavy focuses on Shanika, so I'm figuring she's toast soon.

Toxic Fart Syndrome
Jul 2, 2006

*hits A-THREAD-5*

Pork Pro

Timby posted:

Almost certainly, yes. Like, two or three straight episodes have had heavy focuses on Shanika, so I'm figuring she's toast soon.

Shanika is the season's heel...she might make it to the final. :shrug:

Arms_Akimbo
Sep 29, 2006

It's so damn...literal.
Shanika has two expressions. "Who just farted?" and "I just farted."

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Imagine Party Babyz
Apr 5, 2004

Ron and Fez Show, Peez Howd.
I work in seafood processing, and watching how some of the chefs filleting the halibut really offended me. I do it differently, but we sell skin on whole fillets, so a lot of what thay wasted we sell..

Imagine Party Babyz fucked around with this message at 04:06 on Aug 17, 2018