Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Say Nothing
Mar 5, 2013

by FactsAreUseless
Turmeric is a healthy spice.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

zedprime
Jun 9, 2007

yospos
100% a weird sex thing. Oh I just happened to want some ramen in my "game" room.

Knormal
Nov 11, 2001

Man arrested, accused of setting destructive California wildfire

He was so close to getting away with it, just a few minor slip-ups...

Ninurta
Sep 19, 2007
What the HELL? That's my cutting board.

Say Nothing posted:

Turmeric is a healthy spice.

Welp, now I know what I'm getting for lunch tomorrow.

As an aside, is Seagull edible or is it like Pigeon and laden with disease?

AlbieQuirky
Oct 9, 2012

Just me and my 🌊dragon🐉 hanging out
There are recipes for gull.

Or try it Jutland-style.

Don't let anyone tell you that mutton birds/tītī, a traditional Māori dish, are seagulls. They are petrels. :colbert:

AlbieQuirky has a new favorite as of 05:20 on Aug 10, 2018

RandomPauI
Nov 24, 2006

Grimey Drawer
I saw a YouTube cooking challenge show where the chef stuck with a pigeons breast muscles. He said those would be least likely to have parasites.

Tiggum
Oct 24, 2007

Your life and your quest end here.

Jew it to it! posted:

As an aside, is Seagull edible or is it like Pigeon and laden with disease?

You can eat pigeons.

Phlegmish
Jul 2, 2011

Pigeon is eaten from time to time (I've eaten it on occasion), but it's not the urban type of pigeon that most people think of.

I suppose those would be edible as well if properly cooked, but the fact that it seems to be rare even in developing countries makes me suspicious. City pigeons are really easy to catch.

e: reading Wikipedia it seems they're usually rock pigeons either way so have at it boys

Phlegmish has a new favorite as of 07:18 on Aug 10, 2018

Ghost Leviathan
Mar 2, 2017

Exploration is ill-advised.
Doves (which are basically the same as pigeons) used to be eaten all the time iirc, at least if my King Arthur Pendragon books are accurate. An aviary of doves would make a convenient source of meat in winter.

Antivehicular
Dec 30, 2011

I wanna sing one for the cars
That are right now headed silent down the highway
And it's dark and there is nobody driving And something has got to give

Ghost Leviathan posted:

Doves (which are basically the same as pigeons) used to be eaten all the time iirc, at least if my King Arthur Pendragon books are accurate. An aviary of doves would make a convenient source of meat in winter.

Pigeons were domesticated thousands of years ago and bred for both meat and messenger duties; apparently it was the most common food bird in Europe/the Middle East before the chicken came over from Asia. The modern urban pigeon is actually a feral, derived from escaped domestic pigeons.

pidan
Nov 6, 2012

Pigeons are inherently edible but city pigeons eat trash and live in the city streets so you probably don't want to eat them unless you like diseases.

Quail on the other hand are poison.

venus de lmao
Apr 30, 2007

Call me "pixeltits"

City pigeons will land on you if they think you have food.

gey muckle mowser
Aug 5, 2003

Do you know anything about...
witches?

Buglord

Bertrand Hustle posted:

City pigeons will land on you if they think you have food.

there's this dude who hangs in out in Washington Square Park in NY and talks to/feeds the pigeons, he is usually surrounded by a flock of them they will chill on his shoulders/head. He'll give you a handful of food if you also want city pigeons crawling all over you for some reason. pretty sure he is a supervillain of some sort

Henchman of Santa
Aug 21, 2010

gey muckle mowser posted:

there's this dude who hangs in out in Washington Square Park in NY and talks to/feeds the pigeons, he is usually surrounded by a flock of them they will chill on his shoulders/head. He'll give you a handful of food if you also want city pigeons crawling all over you for some reason. pretty sure he is a supervillain of some sort

Pigsfeet on Rye
Oct 22, 2008

I'm meat on the hoof

Knormal posted:

"I would have gotten away with it too, if it weren't for you meddling kids and your stupid dog"

Also: pigeon chat - I love this video clip.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aH53ofk5ESk

Sir Lemming
Jan 27, 2009

It's a piece of JUNK!
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0b4TU_R7J3c

Cartoon Man
Jan 31, 2004

gey muckle mowser posted:

CellBlock
Oct 6, 2005

It just don't stop.

Basically, the passenger pigeon is extinct because they were super easy to hunt and quite delicious.

Aesop Poprock
Oct 21, 2008

Grimey Drawer

Did they tie the pigeons to her like Hitchcock did to that one actress in The Birds or are they all just that chill

GrossMurpel
Apr 8, 2011

Knormal posted:

Holy Jim :allears:

Debunk This!
Apr 12, 2011

German police save man from baby squirrel terror

Carthag Tuek
Oct 15, 2005

Tider skal komme,
tider skal henrulle,
slægt skal følge slægters gang

"The squirrel was taken into custody after it abruptly fell asleep."

:3:

Say Nothing
Mar 5, 2013

by FactsAreUseless
Ad placement.

Mu Zeta
Oct 17, 2002

Me crush ass to dust

Nonsensical headlines like this annoy me. I have zero clue what this is about and I'm not reading the article because I hate the title.

jojoinnit
Dec 13, 2010

Strength and speed, that's why you're a special agent.

Mu Zeta posted:

Nonsensical headlines like this annoy me. I have zero clue what this is about and I'm not reading the article because I hate the title.

I'd just have to guess that somebody connected to Putin who is nicknamed "The Surgeon" has sent a threatening message to the president of Slovakia.

Aesop Poprock
Oct 21, 2008

Grimey Drawer
Surgeon of the Night Wolves connected to Putin is probably the last person I would want to shake hands with at some weird Russian dinner party. Sounds like a late game Metal Gear Solid boss you can only beat by poisoning him with his own home blended cocktail

jojoinnit
Dec 13, 2010

Strength and speed, that's why you're a special agent.

Aesop Poprock posted:

Surgeon of the Night Wolves connected to Putin is probably the last person I would want to shake hands with at some weird Russian dinner party. Sounds like a late game Metal Gear Solid boss you can only beat by poisoning him with his own home blended cocktail

Putin is an animal lover. This guy could just be a really good vet.

Lord Hydronium
Sep 25, 2007

Non, je ne regrette rien

:same:, CNN

It's about the SeaTac plane theft, but the headline just showed up in my news feed with no context.

Lord Hydronium has a new favorite as of 18:40 on Aug 11, 2018

venus de lmao
Apr 30, 2007

Call me "pixeltits"

Surgeon of the Night Wolves definitely sounds like an At The Gates song.

EoinCannon
Aug 29, 2008

Grimey Drawer
I'm guessing the Night Wolves are that biker gang Putin used to be seen with.

Carthag Tuek
Oct 15, 2005

Tider skal komme,
tider skal henrulle,
slægt skal følge slægters gang

I have no photo but these are headlines from two current Danish tabloids today when I bought cigarettes:

A: Inferno of Pain: The Treatments Don't Work (photo of the prince looking away from the camera)
B: You Haven't Seen Him Like This Before: King Rock (photo of the prince dancing)

I love it

Say Nothing
Mar 5, 2013

by FactsAreUseless

Former DILF
Jul 13, 2017

EoinCannon posted:

I'm guessing the Night Wolves are that biker gang Putin used to be seen with.

bingo. the night wolves appear to be at least co-equal to the russian state if not a more important edifice within the russian oligarchy

Former DILF has a new favorite as of 01:27 on Aug 12, 2018

C.M. Kruger
Oct 28, 2013

Former DILF posted:

bingo. the night wolves appear to be at least co-equal to the russian state if not a more important edifice within the russian oligarchy

"Yevgeni! Do the sorority squat so that Dear Leader is not the shortest!

Absurd Alhazred
Mar 27, 2010

by Athanatos

(link)

Byzantine
Sep 1, 2007

"applicants must know how to operate a manual car"

GOD drat IT

venus de lmao
Apr 30, 2007

Call me "pixeltits"

I'll figure it out.

The MSJ
May 17, 2010

Florida?

Cythereal
Nov 8, 2009

I love the potoo,
and the potoo loves you.

The MSJ posted:

Florida?

Can't be us this time, we don't have fireflies this far south.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Ape Agitator
Feb 19, 2004

Soylent Green is Monkeys
College Slice

Cythereal posted:

Can't be us this time, we don't have fireflies this far south.

Life finds a way.