Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
DR FRASIER KRANG
Feb 4, 2005

"Are you forgetting that just this afternoon I was punched in the face by a turtle now dead?

Chows posted:

:siren: Felix is being moved to the bullpen :siren:

Is it a nice bullpen? With room for him to run around?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Some Numbers
Sep 28, 2006

"LET'S GET DOWN TO WORK!!"

HEY NONG MAN posted:

Is it a nice bullpen? With room for him to run around?

I guess it's upstate?

Shiroc
May 16, 2009

Sorry I'm late
Dear Cincinnati Reds,

We heard you like former aces who are now broken and banished to the bullpen...

I'm glad I got to see Felix pitch in 2014. It was a hell of a year and as much as I love Kluber, Felix probably would have been the AL Cy Young that year if his worst start of the year hadn't been right when the votes needed to go in.

DR FRASIER KRANG
Feb 4, 2005

"Are you forgetting that just this afternoon I was punched in the face by a turtle now dead?
That reverse cycle stat is blowing my mind. I’ll probably remember it forever.

Benne
Sep 2, 2011

STOP DOING HEROIN
Watching Felix's perfect game might be my favorite sports memory as an adult :unsmith:

harperdc
Jul 24, 2007

Benne posted:

Watching Felix's perfect game might be my favorite sports memory as an adult :unsmith:

King Felix’s grand slam off Johan Santana was also a hell of a thing

Shiroc
May 16, 2009

Sorry I'm late
The Mariners are good again and this will never change!

Some Numbers
Sep 28, 2006

Shiroc posted:

The Mariners are good again and this will never change!

Healy went 3-4 with two doubles! He must be fixed!

ixnay
Jun 11, 2002

rainbow dash why are you making such a cool face?!
:sweep::sweep::sweep:

Hyrax Attack!
Jan 13, 2009

We demand to be taken seriously

Four game sweep of Houston! Díaz saves every game, Ramírez did fine in his start with five scoreless, and Healy got a clutch homer to tie it in the ninth. Neat!

Tony Phillips
Feb 9, 2006
I totally called a four game sweep of the Astros. Just forgot to post about it ahead of time. I swear.

Chows
Apr 13, 2002

I think I'm finally ready to trust Eddie

DR FRASIER KRANG
Feb 4, 2005

Scott is getting p dang close to getting that sick fade.

Its Rinaldo
Aug 13, 2010

CODS BINCH
GET REKT HOUSTON

shirts and skins
Jun 25, 2007

Good morning!
Mariners undefeated since bullpenning Felix

Some Numbers
Sep 28, 2006

shirts and skins posted:

Mariners undefeated since bullpenning Felix

Let's keep that train going against the As!

DR FRASIER KRANG
Feb 4, 2005

Do you think once Díaz notches his 50th save they’re gonna do the haircut right there on the mound? God I hope it happens at home.

Some Numbers
Sep 28, 2006

HEY NONG MAN posted:

Do you think once Díaz notches his 50th save they’re gonna do the haircut right there on the mound? God I hope it happens at home.

We six games at home this week, so it's certainly possible!

Though that would mean he saved 5 of the next 9 games, which is not where we want his workload to be.

Some Numbers
Sep 28, 2006

Apparently he's already at 46, but still 4 of the next 9 games is not what we want from him.

shirts and skins
Jun 25, 2007

Good morning!

Some Numbers posted:

Apparently he's already at 46, but still 4 of the next 9 games is not what we want from him.

They were going to rest him tonight but apparently he called the dugout from the bullpen after Mitch's double and said he wanted to close it out.

Some Numbers
Sep 28, 2006

shirts and skins posted:

They were going to rest him tonight but apparently he called the dugout from the bullpen after Mitch's double and said he wanted to close it out.

Yep, I read that and Healy's quoted as saying "that gave me more goosebumps than my homer," which is amazing.

Tony Phillips
Feb 9, 2006
So Brock and Salk apparently has the Astros Rants twitter guy on today following the sweep?

Anyone listen?

Some Numbers
Sep 28, 2006

Tony Phillips posted:

So Brock and Salk apparently has the Astros Rants twitter guy on today following the sweep?

Anyone listen?

No, but I'm sure it was an epic meltdown.

Cat Hassler
Feb 7, 2006

Slippery Tilde
Well that sucked

Pungry
Feb 26, 2011

JUST PICK ONE. ANY ONE.

Keith Atherton posted:

Well that sucked

Think of it this way, though. The more one-run games we lose and one-run games the A's win, the more the narrative about the A's will shift to them "just being lucky" and away from us!

Some Numbers
Sep 28, 2006

Pungry posted:

Think of it this way, though. The more one-run games we lose and one-run games the A's win, the more the narrative about the A's will shift to them "just being lucky" and away from us!

No, you see, the Mariners are just getting lucky because the Mariners are always bad. The A's are a good team because...

DR FRASIER KRANG
Feb 4, 2005

Losing 6-7 after that lovely game is a ray of light. Christ. Let’s take 2/3.

Some Numbers
Sep 28, 2006

Well, we just lost our new ace in the first inning of a crucial game against a division rival.

Depending on what happens to Paxton, that might be the end of the season for us.

DR FRASIER KRANG
Feb 4, 2005

He’ll be fine.

Hyrax Attack!
Jan 13, 2009

HEY NONG MAN posted:

He’ll be fine.

Yeah. Hopefully just a bruise. Felix is looking ok in relief.

Some Numbers
Sep 28, 2006

Hyrax Attack! posted:

Yeah. Hopefully just a bruise. Felix is looking ok in relief.

Apart from the HR to Lowrie, he's pitched really well.

DR FRASIER KRANG
Feb 4, 2005

Just a bruise. No break.

Some Numbers
Sep 28, 2006

I thought we had some nice momentum after sweeping the Astros, but apparently after crushing Verlander and Cole, we just couldn't figure out Mike Fiers.

RIP Mariners.

Pungry
Feb 26, 2011

JUST PICK ONE. ANY ONE.

Some Numbers posted:

I thought we had some nice momentum after sweeping the Astros, but apparently after crushing Verlander and Cole, we just couldn't figure out Mike Fiers.

RIP Mariners.

The only piece of hope I can hold onto is the age-old SAS wisdom that "momentum doesn't exist". It certainly didn't carry over after the Mariners swept the Astros! Maybe the same thing will happen to the A's. You know, sometime before the season ends :smith:

Hyrax Attack!
Jan 13, 2009

Mariners win on a 12th inning Dee Gordon home run! And Mike Leake had a strong outing.

Some Numbers
Sep 28, 2006

Mike Leake had an incredibly strong 8 inning ND.

Hyrax Attack!
Jan 13, 2009

Some Numbers posted:

Mike Leake had an incredibly strong 8 inning ND.

Yeah! Runners on 1st and 3rd, no outs? He just strikes out the side.

Shiroc
May 16, 2009

Sorry I'm late
The radio guys were cracking up for the rest of the game after Dee's homer and it was hilarious.

Chows
Apr 13, 2002

Nick Vincent without a beard is weirding me out

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

DR FRASIER KRANG
Feb 4, 2005

He gave his clippings to Paxton

• Locked thread