Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Spellman
May 31, 2011

Homestuck is structured shitposting

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Clawtopsy
Dec 17, 2009

What a fascinatingly unusual cock. Now, allow me to show you my collection...
vriskagram is one long fart featuring vriska?

Bogart
Apr 12, 2010

by VideoGames

ArfJason posted:

yeah like i can get behind having an air of ridiculous nonsense to help overcome the potential stumbling block that is matching the latter official album's technical proficiency, and also to help people experiment. But I also completely loath every single person that says "shitpost" for everything, and this seems like both the authors and the target demographic.

Stop shitposting

Bell_
Sep 3, 2006

Tiny Baltimore
A billion light years away
A goon's posting the same thing
But he's already turned to dust
And the shitpost we read
Is a billion light-years old
A ghost just like the rest of us

Clawtopsy posted:

vriskagram is one long fart featuring vriska?
That time when Vriska was dying and we thought she was using blood to tell Tavros to kill her?

We were wrong.

ThaumPenguin
Oct 9, 2013

Dark realisations

https://twitter.com/KeilaNKTC/status/1025370693486215169?s=19

Dolash
Oct 23, 2008

aNYWAY,
tHAT'S REALLY ALL THERE IS,
tO REPORT ON THE SUBJECT,
oF ME GETTING HURT,

Man, all someone has to do is make reference to a combination pizza-hut and taco bell and I get the Homestuck Association Shame. Fitting the naming convention is entry-level stuff.

Ytlaya
Nov 13, 2005

*speculates on the classpects of various prominent political figures*

Farg
Nov 19, 2013
hiveswap part 2 cancelled

proud to break this news

Pants Donkey
Nov 13, 2011

hosed up if true

life_source
May 11, 2008

i got tired of looking at your edgy baby avatar that a 14-year old would be proud of
too much money spent on creating new trolls

EDIT: vvvvvv
woah, money well spent imo

life_source fucked around with this message at 05:18 on Aug 10, 2018

paranoid randroid
Mar 4, 2007
all the money was spent on petting horses and fancy santas

Plom Bar
Jun 5, 2004

hardest time i ever done :(
Hiveswap is now just Hiveswap Friendsim.

Joey died on the way back to her home planet.

(Also for anyone genuinely concerned this is fake news)

Plom Bar fucked around with this message at 05:41 on Aug 10, 2018

Pants Donkey
Nov 13, 2011

It’s only fake if Act 2 actually releases.

Who What Now
Sep 10, 2006

by Azathoth

Ytlaya posted:

*speculates on the classpects of various prominent political figures*

The classpect of all politicians is Piece of poo poo

Farg
Nov 19, 2013
I'm just repeatin the hussman

paranoid randroid
Mar 4, 2007
bizarrely enough hussmaster flex is the least reliable source when it comes to homestuck and homestuck-adjacent issues

Clawtopsy
Dec 17, 2009

hahahahaha what a trash fire

thanks alot assbag
Feb 18, 2005

BLUUUUHHHHHH
i keep having a recurring nightmare where i have to explain homestuck to people

YggiDee
Sep 12, 2007

WASP CREW
I once tried to explain Homestuck to someone who didn't know what webcomics were. Or adventure games.

Android Blues
Nov 22, 2008

Friendsim got pretty good again. I really like how:

a) There's actual plot progression and instead of being a lonely idiot who's desperately needy for friendship, the protagonist now has like twenty friends that they occasionally bump into and is desperately needy for friendship not because they're lonely, but because of a bizarre and disproportionate fixation on the concept of friendship in general.

b) The episode where you meet Chahut ruled and featured a cameo (!) from a character who appeared in actual Homestuck.

It's cool. Kind of dragged in Volumes 2, 3 and 4, but really picks up around...Zebruh's route in Volume 5? Zebruh is genuinely hilarious and feels like a classic Homestuck troll in how skeevy and weird he is. Kuprum and Folykyl in Volume 6 also rule. If you were leery on the middle volumes, the later ones are worth checking out, it's super cheap and you can always backfill later if you want to be a completionist.

Clawtopsy
Dec 17, 2009

who's the cameo

Scarodactyl
Oct 22, 2015

Yeah, you're not going to spoil it. Everything is already ruined.

Android Blues
Nov 22, 2008

It's the Grand Highblood.. HIC is also apparently alive and kicking in this time period, she gets mentioned a few times too. Trizza appears to be the heir before Feferi, presumably one of the ones who met a grisly fate at the hands of the Condesce.

Plom Bar
Jun 5, 2004

The Friendsim is building up to something, with plot threads carrying over between episodes and a progression of the protagonist's understanding of Alternian culture and customs. One episode even shows where the protagonist stays in between friendquests. I doubt it will amount to anything ultra-relevant in Hiveswap proper, but it's still been interesting watching the pieces fall into place.

I wonder if, in the year 2025 when Hauntswitch materializes, we'll see this concept carry over to human NPCs populating Dammek's adventure.

Freak Futanari
Apr 11, 2008
question: do yall know if Hussie will sue me if i use Steam Direct to publish my homestuck dating sim

Scarodactyl
Oct 22, 2015

WP sent me a c&d years back because I was selling some natural mineral samples and I mentioned in the description that they looked like prospit and derse. That probably wasn't even close to infringement. This was after I did art for Homestuck as well.
So yes, they're not nice, and probably worse with Viz's legal team.

Freak Futanari
Apr 11, 2008
guess it's time for plan b

i have to change the name to Trapped In My Own House: A Sexual Game Of Reading And Still Images

life_source
May 11, 2008

i got tired of looking at your edgy baby avatar that a 14-year old would be proud of
weren't you run off the forums for being outed as an abuser?

just some steam thread heresay

Freak Futanari
Apr 11, 2008
youre probably thinking of someone else, the only thing i abuse is my own dignity

Spellman
May 31, 2011

Freak Futanari posted:

question: do yall know if Hussie will sue me if i use Steam Direct to publish my homestuck dating sim

Only if you sell it at Comiccon

ArfJason
Sep 5, 2011

life_source posted:

weren't you run off the forums for being outed as an abuser?

just some steam thread heresay

no but he should be outed for crimes against comedy and hung like mussolini

life_source
May 11, 2008

luckily we, the Something Awful Homestuck Thread, are the perfect arbiters of comedy and humour

Freak Futanari
Apr 11, 2008
i got curious and namesearched myself on the forum and i guess it was just one person making poo poo up about me but its still kinda unsettling

paranoid randroid
Mar 4, 2007

life_source posted:

luckily we, the Something Awful Homestuck Thread, are the perfect arbiters of comedy and humour

i point down from my throne of posting like the black queen and intone with gravitas "wear the loving funny hat, freak futa"

Bogart
Apr 12, 2010

by VideoGames
someone i liked and was talking with outside of Dumb Dating Site offhandedly mentioned playing a friendsim to unwind and mentioned 'i hope you don't know what that means.'

but i did. oh how i did

Bogart
Apr 12, 2010

by VideoGames

Bogart posted:

someone i liked and was talking with outside of Dumb Dating Site offhandedly mentioned playing a friendsim to unwind and mentioned 'i hope you don't know what that means.'

but i did. oh how i did

i then made sure they knew that vriska did nothing wrong

Samovar
Jun 4, 2011

I'm 😤 not a 🦸🏻‍♂️hero...🧜🏻

Bogart posted:

Evidently the date was a rip-roaring success!

Bogart
Apr 12, 2010

by VideoGames
adopting two kids and naming them both homestuck

paranoid randroid
Mar 4, 2007

Bogart posted:

objection - she did everything wrong

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Plom Bar
Jun 5, 2004

You're misunderstanding. Vriska did nothing, incorrectly. Just like every thing else she DID do.