Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
(Thread IKs: fart simpson)

Larry Parrish
Jul 9, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Cerebral Bore posted:

Doesn't sound that much more humane to me.

They seriously have heart attacks if you look at them funny. The high birth rate is there for a reason

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Kurnugia
Sep 2, 2014

by Nyc_Tattoo
https://www.independent.co.uk/news/...i-a8485871.html

quote:

But Beijing’s policy of “Sinification” of religion has increasingly alarmed many Hui, who fear it is widening its strict measures in Xinjiang to additional Muslim areas, such as Ningxia and neighbouring Gansu province.

In the crackdown, the government has banned religious education for young people in mosques, ordered that the call to prayer over loudspeakers be silenced, and sought to stamp out what it sees as Arab elements in mosques.

the thing that i keep wondering is when do you go from being a dictatorship of the proletariat to a nationalist one

i say swears online
Mar 4, 2005

R. Guyovich posted:

this is a bannable offense.

i get the legs stuck in my teeth

i'll re-reg on this hill

i say swears online
Mar 4, 2005

Kurnugia posted:

the thing that i keep wondering is when do you go from being a dictatorship of the proletariat to a nationalist one

Laïcité :smugdog:

Pablo Nergigante
Apr 16, 2002

I'm sure chapulines are delicious but I will probably never eat a bug on purpose that didn't come out of the ocean

Infernot
Jul 17, 2015

"A short night wakes me from a dream that seemed so long."
Grimey Drawer

Kurnugia posted:

It's like they haven't even read Marx's thoughts on religion. :v:

Pener Kropoopkin
Jan 30, 2013

Stamping out Arab elements in mosques is good.

Kurnugia
Sep 2, 2014

by Nyc_Tattoo

Pener Kropoopkin posted:

umm... :stare:

Pener Kropoopkin
Jan 30, 2013

There's no reason China should let what happened in Russia happen to them, where Saudi-financed Wahhabists radicalized Muslim populations in the Caucasus and convinced them that waging holy war against the state was great.

Kurnugia
Sep 2, 2014

by Nyc_Tattoo
I don't think that's quite what it means in context.

And yeah sure, saudis are scum, but i don't think secret saudi influence in mosques has ever been a problem in china so... yeah.

Grapplejack
Nov 27, 2007

Does Xi's Made in China plan qualify as movement towards an autarky, and does that then qualify China to be considered a fascist state?

Typo
Aug 19, 2009

Chernigov Military Aviation Lyceum
The Fighting Slowpokes

Pener Kropoopkin posted:

There's no reason China should let what happened in Russia happen to them, where Saudi-financed Wahhabists radicalized Muslim populations in the Caucasus and convinced them that waging holy war against the state was great.

perhaps china should also preach the scientific truth of Marxist-Xiism in mosques instead

Karl Barks
Jan 21, 1981

all they need is the god drat US constitution. sharia law? no thanks!

Pener Kropoopkin
Jan 30, 2013

Islam with Marxist Characteristics

Tiberius Thyben
Feb 7, 2013

Gone Phishing

Pener Kropoopkin posted:

:chloe:

Modest Mao
Feb 11, 2011

by Cyrano4747
marxism right, theism wrong

simple as that folks

Metal Cat
Dec 25, 2017

Metal Cat has issued a correction as of 06:05 on Oct 8, 2021

Eox
Jun 20, 2010

by Fluffdaddy

Pener Kropoopkin posted:

it is, hth

Kurnugia
Sep 2, 2014

by Nyc_Tattoo
Soo... UN thinks there's about 3 million Uighurs in internment camps. And yet, no credible reports on any kind of ethnic oppression going on that we can find. I think we can just dismiss this whole thing as western propaganda at this point

Typo
Aug 19, 2009

The Fighting Slowpokes

Kurnugia posted:

Soo... UN thinks there's about 3 million Uighurs in internment camps. And yet, no credible reports on any kind of ethnic oppression going on that we can find. I think we can just dismiss this whole thing as western propaganda at this point

#fakenews

His Purple Majesty
Dec 12, 2008

Kurnugia posted:

Man we asked nicely and they said no so I guess nothing's happening :downs:

THS
Sep 15, 2017

the west did a great job undermining itself in human rights because yeah i believe that as much as i believe kim jong un was executing people we saw months later with AA guns

A Gnarlacious Bro
Apr 25, 2007

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Yandat posted:

the west did a great job undermining itself in human rights because yeah i believe that as much as i believe kim jong un was executing people we saw months later with AA guns

That was funny as hell

Kurnugia
Sep 2, 2014

by Nyc_Tattoo

Yandat posted:

yeah, you shouldn't believe it. it's just so clearly propaganda and besides Chairman Xi would never allow any of that to happen

I mean, if it was true wouldn't it be on the chinese news? it would be highly illegal besides

A Gnarlacious Bro
Apr 25, 2007

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Sounds like you got a good grasp on it fella

THS
Sep 15, 2017

Kurnugia posted:

yeah, you shouldn't believe it. it's just so clearly propaganda and besides Chairman Xi would never allow any of that to happen

I mean, if it was true wouldn't it be on the chinese news? it would be highly illegal besides

if it comes out that 3 million people arent in concentration camps in china are you going to reconsider your entire way of looking at geopolitics

Kurnugia
Sep 2, 2014

by Nyc_Tattoo

Yandat posted:

if it comes out that 3 million people arent in concentration camps in china are you going to reconsider your entire way of looking at geopolitics

well if it's only 1 million, yeah

Kurnugia
Sep 2, 2014

by Nyc_Tattoo
I mean, if it's only something like a couple hundred thousand people in concentration camps, i'd have to commit seppuku from the shame

THS
Sep 15, 2017

youre basically just a labrador retriever im sorry

Kurnugia
Sep 2, 2014

by Nyc_Tattoo
what?

THS
Sep 15, 2017

exactly

A Gnarlacious Bro
Apr 25, 2007

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
huh?

THS
Sep 15, 2017

im gay

Captain_Maclaine
Sep 30, 2001

Every moment I'm alive, I pray for death!
I'm no longer sure what you idiots are even trying to talk about, but I'm pretty sure it's very dumb.

Metal Cat
Dec 25, 2017

Metal Cat has issued a correction as of 06:04 on Oct 8, 2021

Kurnugia
Sep 2, 2014

by Nyc_Tattoo
hell i just wanted to do sarcastic about concentration camps with chinese characteristics, but i guess i melted down instead

Bro Dad
Mar 26, 2010

Pener Kropoopkin posted:

get hosed bootlicker

Pener Kropoopkin
Jan 30, 2013

if three million people were in concentration camps it’d still be a lower incarceration rate than the United States lol

Larry Parrish
Jul 9, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Pener Kropoopkin posted:

if three million people were in concentration camps it’d still be a lower incarceration rate than the United States lol

It's bad when the Chinese do things, but not when the USA does

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Typo
Aug 19, 2009

The Fighting Slowpokes

Pener Kropoopkin posted:

lol if you think only uighurs gets sent to jail in china