Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Dixie Cretin Seaman
Jan 22, 2008

all hat and one catte
Hot Rope Guy
in the bedroom elon insists grimes call him christian grey

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

TerminalRaptor
Nov 6, 2012

Mostly Harmless

quote:

As we danced at our wedding reception, Elon told me, "I am the alpha in this relationship."

makes sense if he's speaking in software terms

flakeloaf
Feb 26, 2003

Still better than android clock

TerminalRaptor posted:

makes sense if he's speaking in software terms

justine was the release version

flakeloaf
Feb 26, 2003

https://business.financialpost.com/transportation/autos/tesla-plunges-wiping-out-all-the-gains-it-reaped-from-elon-musks-tweet

quote:

It didn’t take long for the euphoria to fade.

Exactly 48 hours after Elon Musk triggered a frantic rally with a tweet saying he was considering taking Tesla Inc. private, the stock erased all of those gains.

Doubts have mounted about Musk’s ability to take the electric-car maker off the market, sending the stock tumbling as much as 4.6 per cent to US$353.33 in Thursday afternoon trading, well off the US$420 at which Musk said shareholders would be bought out. The shares have dropped on back-to-back days after having jumped 11 per cent on Tuesday, when Musk vowed that he had “funding secured” at a spectacular US$82 billion valuation.

for a guy who wants people to dump the pump he seems awfully fond of both of those things

President Beep
Apr 30, 2009

i have to have a car because otherwise i cant drive around the country solving mysteries while being doggedly pursued by federal marshals for a crime i did not commit (9/11)
elon’s the bad guy from cars 2 :ninja:

TerminalRaptor
Nov 6, 2012

Mostly Harmless
arse has an article up right now saying the board is completely in the dark about musky's supposed private funding to take Tesla private.

musky is apparently speed running securities fraud

Captain Foo
May 11, 2004

we vibin'
we slidin'
we breathin'
we dyin'

TerminalRaptor posted:

arse has an article up right now saying the board is completely in the dark about musky's supposed private funding to take Tesla private.

that's impressive given how in the tank they usually are for elon

President Beep
Apr 30, 2009

i have to have a car because otherwise i cant drive around the country solving mysteries while being doggedly pursued by federal marshals for a crime i did not commit (9/11)

TerminalRaptor posted:

lol. what’s the half-a press in this scenario?

flakeloaf
Feb 26, 2003

TerminalRaptor posted:

tulle assisted speedrun

President Beep
Apr 30, 2009

heh

prisoner of waffles
May 8, 2007

Ah! well a-day! what evil looks
Had I from old and young!
Instead of the cross, the fishmech
About my neck was hung.

tag yourself, I'm the need to exert a weird dominance hierarchy in every human relationship

elmer chud
May 18, 2018
(USER WAS PUT ON PROBATION FOR THIS POST)
cnbc says that tesla is actually very good despite being unable to make a worthwhile car because ~~AI~~

https://www.cnbc.com/2018/08/10/tesla-is-undervalued-overlooked-lead-in-ai-will-drive-stock-higher.html

the stock is actually extremely undervalued!

quote:

This is not a cult stock. Tesla stock is dramatically undervalued based on its leadership role in self-driving cars, including a superior amount of real-world driving data, the only proprietary AI autonomous driving chip and the fact that it is now self-funding on a go-forward basis.

also musk pinkie swore that they're going to be able to keep up production goals and they'll definitely be able to make a profit going forward!

quote:

Musk recently confirmed that Tesla will produce 50,000 Model 3's in the third quarter, an increase of 75 percent over Q1, and reach 10,000 per week in 2019. The dramatically increasing Model 3 production rate will take Tesla vehicles on the road to 700,000 by late 2018.

"confirmed"

guess they're just going to ignore that he says whatever the gently caress he wants to with no real world basis constantly

Dixie Cretin Seaman
Jan 22, 2008

all hat and one catte
Hot Rope Guy

prisoner of waffles posted:

tag yourself, I'm the need to exert a weird dominance hierarchy in every human relationship

even species that form dominance hierarchies compete for mates, not with their mates

H.P. Hovercraft
Jan 12, 2004

one thing a computer can do that most humans can't is be sealed up in a cardboard box and sit in a warehouse
Slippery Tilde

Munkeymon
Aug 14, 2003

Motherfucker's got an
armor-piercing crowbar! Rigoddamndicu𝜆ous.

elmer chud posted:

cnbc says that tesla is actually very good despite being unable to make a worthwhile car because ~~AI~~

https://www.cnbc.com/2018/08/10/tesla-is-undervalued-overlooked-lead-in-ai-will-drive-stock-higher.html

the stock is actually extremely undervalued!

also musk pinkie swore that they're going to be able to keep up production goals and they'll definitely be able to make a profit going forward!

"confirmed"

guess they're just going to ignore that he says whatever the gently caress he wants to with no real world basis constantly

"This is not a cult stock" insists totally not a corn cob but actually a financial analyst paid to write those words

prisoner of waffles
May 8, 2007

Ah! well a-day! what evil looks
Had I from old and young!
Instead of the cross, the fishmech
About my neck was hung.

Dixie Cretin Seaman posted:

even species that form dominance hierarchies compete for mates, not with their mates

yep! also a lot of that alpha/beta stuff is apparently based on observation of canines in captivity and misses on behavior in the wild

whether that makes it more or less applicable to human beings is up in the air, depending on how comfortable you are equating society with prison

H.P. Hovercraft
Jan 12, 2004

one thing a computer can do that most humans can't is be sealed up in a cardboard box and sit in a warehouse
Slippery Tilde
the alpha wolf guy straightup rejected his work too because iirc not just due to incomplete data and that they were in captivity but also the wolves he was studying weren't even related to eachother

so just hosed all around

it's like people who say "type a personality" it's just old discredited pop sci

Arcteryx Anarchist
Sep 15, 2007

Fun Shoe
i like how his alpha statement was attributed purely to being a white south african and not to the fact that he's an incredibly insecure narcissist

Endless Mike
Aug 13, 2003

I bet they can produce 50k cars a quarter as long as you assume half of them will be unsellable and end up in the dirt lot

President Beep
Apr 30, 2009

Endless Mike posted:

I bet they can produce 50k cars a quarter as long as you assume half of them will be unsellable and end up in the dirt lot

hey, you know how the old saying goes: can’t make an omelette without breaking half of you eggs.

hobbesmaster
Jan 28, 2008

lancemantis posted:

i like how his alpha statement was attributed purely to being a white south african and not to the fact that he's an incredibly insecure narcissist

same thing

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2NTcndxuwOA

Suspicious
Apr 30, 2005
You know he's the villain, because he's got shifty eyes.

don't read the comments

qirex
Feb 15, 2001

"alpha" and "type A" are just excuses to put up with jerks and the secret-style self-motivation for said jerks to hype themselves up

President Beep
Apr 30, 2009

the A is for “rear end in a top hat”

PIZZA.BAT
Nov 12, 2016

:cheers:

i’m real glad all the places i’ve worked have moved swiftly to remove those dipshits whenever they’ve popped up instead of worshipping them like some toxic places seem to do

Arcteryx Anarchist
Sep 15, 2007

Fun Shoe
by toxic places you mean almost all top level tech and academic institutions?

Zamujasa
Oct 27, 2010

Bread Liar

President Beep posted:

lol. what’s the half-a press in this scenario?

the punctured batteries. we can save a battery if we just continue to hold them together with some glue

H.P. Hovercraft
Jan 12, 2004

Slippery Tilde
a securites fraud is a securities fraud you can't say it's only half

PleasureKevin
Jan 2, 2011

https://twitter.com/rationalwalk/status/1027728790573731840

not entirely real :(

Captain Foo
May 11, 2004

we vibin'
we slidin'
we breathin'
we dyin'

anyone who calls himself an alpha male is, but they're actually referring to the software sense of the term

Agile Vector
May 21, 2007

scrum bored

H.P. Hovercraft posted:

a securites fraud is a securities fraud you can't say it's only half

sure you can its easy

fraud!

obstipator
Nov 8, 2009

by FactsAreUseless
u guys do realize that 50% of the population is type A?

HAIL eSATA-n
Apr 7, 2007

obstipator posted:

100% of your posts are bad

Zamujasa
Oct 27, 2010

Bread Liar

HAIL eSATA-n posted:

100% of your posts are bad

fart simpson
Jul 2, 2005

DEATH TO AMERICA
:xickos:

obstipator posted:

a lot of ppl suck, yeah

duz
Jul 11, 2005

Come on Ilhan, lets go bag us a shitpost

https://twitter.com/elonmusk/status/1028074217793679360

Agile Vector
May 21, 2007

scrum bored

connect to the wifi elon

Suspicious
Apr 30, 2005
You know he's the villain, because he's got shifty eyes.
get the garbage file

ol qwerty bastard
Dec 13, 2005

If you want something done, do it yourself!
lmbo

https://twitter.com/elonmusk/status/1028121465785405441

can't wait to see the musk fanboys wearing those

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Dixie Cretin Seaman
Jan 22, 2008

all hat and one catte
Hot Rope Guy

qirex posted:

"alpha" and "type A" are just excuses to put up with jerks and the secret-style self-motivation for said jerks to hype themselves up

such an INTJ thing to say :rolleyes: