Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

fatal oopsie-daisy
Jul 30, 2007

by R. Guyovich

The North Tower posted:

I think that's Reform, but it might be Pentecostco. It's been a while.

The Church of Latter Day Sinegals refuse to let you have any condiments at all.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

binge crotching
Apr 2, 2010

Trastion posted:

The what? I don't think i have seen these but I want to.

Basically Korean gyoza. I pan fried them (Gun-mandu), but some people like just boiling them. They aren't too difficult to make yourself, but it's so much more convenient to just buy the pre-made 3 pound frozen bag from Costco.

Good soup!
Nov 2, 2010

No idea if it's outside of Texas given it's an Austin-based company, but the big packs of Waterloo Sparking Water have begun to supplant La Croix in our home

That watermelon flavor is just too good

Peachfart
Jan 21, 2017

binge crotching posted:

Basically Korean gyoza. I pan fried them (Gun-mandu), but some people like just boiling them. They aren't too difficult to make yourself, but it's so much more convenient to just buy the pre-made 3 pound frozen bag from Costco.

I bought these a few weeks ago, they have more flavor than gyoza and are very good. Definitely recommended.

topenga
Jul 1, 2003

Good soup! posted:

No idea if it's outside of Texas given it's an Austin-based company, but the big packs of Waterloo Sparking Water have begun to supplant La Croix in our home

Yeah, that Waterloo is drat fine.
Mighty Swell in the variety packs are supposed to hit local (maybe just Austin?) Costcos on August 15th. If it does well, they'll release it nationwide.

The Slack Lagoon
Jun 17, 2008

Good soup! posted:

We get Polar seltzer in Massachusetts, it's a local company. Also Teddy Peanut Butter, which is the best peanut butter (also MA company)

Geoj
May 28, 2008

BITTER POOR PERSON
My Costco used to stock 24 bottle flats of Deer Park sparkling water in four flavors (lemon, orange, black cherry, lime raspberry) but they've been replaced with 30 can packs of Klarbruun in two flavors (lemon/lime and black cherry/grapefruit.)

It's largely a downgrade.

Infidel Castro
Jun 8, 2010

Again and again
Your face reminds me of a bleak future
Despite the absence of hope
I give you this sacrifice

binge crotching posted:

The bulgogi mandu they sell in the frozen section are amazing. Pretty good sized pillows of deliciousness, and a serving of 4 is only 280 calories.

Definitely buying them again when I go back, the naanwiches are nothing compared to them.

Was looking for something to grab to throw in the work freezer. Sounds like we have a winner!

Sun Prairie, WI still has the onion dispenser.

the mean lunch lady
Jun 24, 2009

went mad at sea
lots were drawn
Kroenke didn't survive
he was delicious

Good soup! posted:

I've only seen Waterloo at Whole Foods here

AWarmBody
Jul 26, 2014

Better than a cold one.
Do I really need to wash my Sherpa throw before first use like the instructions say? I'm afraid it will spoil the cloud-like quality

therobit
Aug 19, 2008

I've been tryin' to speak with you for a long time

AWarmBody posted:

Do I really need to wash my Sherpa throw before first use like the instructions say? I'm afraid it will spoil the cloud-like quality

We didn't, to no ill effect.

pacerhimself
Dec 30, 2008

by Fluffdaddy

Whiskey_Dick posted:

I am currently watching "Trailer Park Boys" in disgusting UHD

Frozen mixed vegetable cocks

This is the Costco thread.

Normandy style vegetable blend cocks

Ixian
Oct 9, 2001

Many machines on Ix....new machines
Pillbug
Went to partake in communion today for lunch at the new Austin Costco that opened recently and one of the food court staff was out cleaning the onion dispenser. Then I noticed she placed a container full of them (to refill it) and had it open for customer use.

Clearly a high ranking priest is in charge of this store. Or someone who reads this thread.

BTW thanks for the earlier tips on the bath towels, holy poo poo.

Vakal
May 11, 2008
Has anyone in Canada seen the Kirkland brand protein bars in their costco store lately?

I last bought some back in the winter, but then they were never in stock again and later I heard they had to scrap their entire stock due to a packaging misprint or something like that.

When I search on Costco.com I see them listed again in new packaging but so far Costco.ca has nothing.

Rutibex
Sep 9, 2001

by Fluffdaddy

Vakal posted:

Has anyone in Canada seen the Kirkland brand protein bars in their costco store lately?

I last bought some back in the winter, but then they were never in stock again and later I heard they had to scrap their entire stock due to a packaging misprint or something like that.

When I search on Costco.com I see them listed again in new packaging but so far Costco.ca has nothing.

i saw them at the Costco in London Ontario like a month ago. i don't know if they are still there, i only go to costco once a month

Accretionist
Nov 7, 2012
I BELIEVE IN STUPID CONSPIRACY THEORIES

binge crotching posted:

Surprisingly good. That hint of carrot for sweetness? Man, that really ties it all together.

Taima
Dec 31, 2006

tfw you're peeing next to someone in the lineup and they don't know

Good soup! posted:

We drink a lot of Waterloo but it's only from Whole Foods in CA. We like it because it's insanely carbonated, so it lets you do insane burps (my fiancee has taken to calling herself The Bullfrog lately because of these sodas).

I like the grapefruit and black cherry. I don't like the watermelon, but the worst flavor is mango, oh man that flavor is bad.

Overall our favorite zero calorie drinks from Costco are probably Kirkland Vita Rain Zero. They're basically flavored waters with vitamins. I don't care about the vitamins- it's just delicious and doesn't have sugar. There is no bad flavor and they're 20 oz bottles.

KakerMix
Apr 8, 2004

8.2 M.P.G.
:byetankie:
My wife and I don't even go for the flavors, just straight-plain. You can't get anything besides a big mix of flavors at Costco so we never do.

Ice-cold plain carbonated water owns and owns hard.

ArbitraryC
Jan 28, 2009
Pick a number, any number
Pillbug
I just wait for sales at albertson's/safeway for that kind of thing. You can get 12 packs of whatever flavor you want for like a buck, costco never has it that cheap.

durrneez
Feb 20, 2013

I like fish. I like to eat fish. I like to brush fish with a fish hairbrush. Do you like fish too?

ArbitraryC posted:

I just wait for sales at albertson's/safeway for that kind of thing. You can get 12 packs of whatever flavor you want for like a buck, costco never has it that cheap.

Shoo shoo, heretic!

I rented a sous vide through Joymode one weekend. The kit came with a vacuum sealer. I went to church and loaded up on goods to vacuum seal and freeze. Bread! Fresh wild sockeye salmon fillets! Steaks! Ahhh yisssss. Oh yeah, you have to freeze bread until it’s rock solid before you vacuum seal it or you end up with a dense brick. Whoops.

KakerMix
Apr 8, 2004

8.2 M.P.G.
:byetankie:

durrneez posted:

Shoo shoo, heretic!

I rented a sous vide through Joymode one weekend. The kit came with a vacuum sealer. I went to church and loaded up on goods to vacuum seal and freeze. Bread! Fresh wild sockeye salmon fillets! Steaks! Ahhh yisssss. Oh yeah, you have to freeze bread until it’s rock solid before you vacuum seal it or you end up with a dense brick. Whoops.

I do this with Costco croissants and even with freezing beforehand they still get crushed. Upside is when you take them out and put them in the microwave to defrost they form back up perfectly.

Whiskey_Dick
Feb 10, 2009

pacerhimself posted:

This is the Costco thread.

Normandy style vegetable blend cocks

Im not worthy

But really those normandy veg are loving excellent in a wok. Guess i need to go back to Costco.

Does anybody know what the origin of the kirkland bourbon is? Its pretty not bad for mixing

Argyle
Jun 7, 2001

AWarmBody posted:

I washed mine and the fluffiness remained unchanged. PBUC.

Argyle fucked around with this message at 19:57 on Aug 9, 2018

tangy yet delightful
Sep 13, 2005

Ixian posted:

Went to partake in communion today for lunch at the new Austin Costco that opened recently and one of the food court staff was out cleaning the onion dispenser. Then I noticed she placed a container full of them (to refill it) and had it open for customer use.

Clearly a high ranking priest is in charge of this store. Or someone who reads this thread.

BTW thanks for the earlier tips on the bath towels, holy poo poo.

What is the bath towel tip?

MisterOblivious
Mar 17, 2010

by sebmojo

Whiskey_Dick posted:

Does anybody know what the origin of the kirkland bourbon is? Its pretty not bad for mixing

Most folks think it's sourced from barrels produced by George Dickel because it pretty much has to be either Dickel or Jack Daniels and people don't think it tastes like something Jack produced.
Large distilleries sell off excess barrels, barrels they produced explicitly for sale, or liquor that doesn't meet their flavor profile to smaller blenders and bottlers.

Here's an effortpost by a distillery owner that explains some of it: https://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=3832236&userid=0&perpage=40&pagenumber=2#post477586375

The Slack Lagoon
Jun 17, 2008

Followed a rainbow today, and a led me to the Dedham Costco

The Slack Lagoon fucked around with this message at 01:32 on Aug 10, 2018

Laterite
Mar 14, 2007

It's Gutfest '89
Grimey Drawer
This is the true #blessed thread.

AWarmBody
Jul 26, 2014

Better than a cold one.

The Slack Lagoon posted:

Followed a rainbow today, and a led me to the Dedham Costco

PBUC!!!!!!!!!!!!

Posting while on the 'co Sherpa throw, back against an all-cotton pillow that feels fresh and pure while gazing deep into a bowl of Kirkland tortilla chips with organic chunky guacamole, yours courtesy of Costco

Apprentice Dick
Dec 1, 2009

Whiskey_Dick posted:

Im not worthy

But really those normandy veg are loving excellent in a wok. Guess i need to go back to Costco.

If it’s labeled as bourbon it’s probably Jim Beam

MisterOblivious
Mar 17, 2010

by sebmojo

Apprentice Dick posted:

If it’s labeled as bourbon it’s probably Jim Beam

The Kentucky Bourbon was sourced from Jim Beam's gigantic rackhouse, but it was discontinued. It was replaced by a bourbon from Tennessee.

EAT FASTER!!!!!!
Sep 21, 2002

Legendary.

:hampants::hampants::hampants:

MisterOblivious posted:

The Kentucky Bourbon was sourced from Jim Beam's gigantic rackhouse, but it was discontinued. It was replaced by a bourbon from Tennessee.

THERE'S NO SUCH THING AS TENNESSEE BOURBON RAAAHRGHGHHH *insert pedantic bourbon/rye whiskey meltdown*

No Butt Stuff
Jun 10, 2004

EAT FASTER!!!!!! posted:

THERE'S NO SUCH THING AS TENNESSEE BOURBON RAAAHRGHGHHH *insert pedantic bourbon/rye whiskey meltdown*

sir, i've already unsubscribed from /r/bourbon

Good soup!
Nov 2, 2010

The Slack Lagoon posted:

We get Polar seltzer in Massachusetts, it's a local company. Also Teddy Peanut Butter, which is the best peanut butter (also MA company)

Polar is awesome and for the longest time it was impossible to find down here - my gf is from CT and her family used to get it all the time - but we were at the CVS down the street and they randomly had tons of cases of it with some interesting flavors (Watermelon Lemonade and that kinda stuff), poo poo is so drat good.

I would blow Dane Cook
Dec 26, 2008
Every week costco gets spookier

Nfcknblvbl
Jul 15, 2002

I wanna ride on that spider.

EAT FASTER!!!!!!
Sep 21, 2002

Legendary.

:hampants::hampants::hampants:
My audible response to that picture, "Jesus Christ, no."

I do not like a spooky, large spider.

AWarmBody
Jul 26, 2014

Better than a cold one.
My Costco had full-body children's Halloween costumes hanging from the ceiling and it looked like little hanging people :(
I should've taken a photo. It startled me

fatal oopsie-daisy
Jul 30, 2007

by R. Guyovich
Holy poo poo it's barely even August

Argyle
Jun 7, 2001

tangy yet delightful posted:

What is the bath towel tip?

I went through the last 40 pages ctrl+f'ing for the word "towel" and only found stuff about paper towels.

So I have no idea, unless the tip is to... buy them because they're good?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

13Pandora13
Nov 5, 2008

I've got tiiits that swingle dangle dingle

fatal oopsie-daisy posted:

Holy poo poo it's barely even August

Get spoopy or get rekt, motherfucker