Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Jackie D
May 27, 2009

Democracy is like a tambourine - not everyone can be trusted with it.

KO seems pretty chill

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

boar guy
Jan 25, 2007

Billzasilver posted:

isn't literally every wrestler bad excvept maybe sami zayn and finn balor?

no, sami is also bad

TheKingslayer
Sep 3, 2008

Billzasilver posted:

Titus is bad at wrestling. But seemingly good at being a person.

Chinston Wurchill
Jun 27, 2010

It's not that kind of test.

CubsWoo posted:

Inside sources say Punk's text to Colt read "Don't worry, I owe you one, pal."

CM Punk posted:

You see, if I can be afforded the time to tell all of you here today a little bit of a story. It's a parable of sorts. There was once an old man walking home from work, and he's walking in the snow and he stumbled upon a snake frozen in the ice. He took that snake and he brought it home, and he took care of it. And he thawed it out, and he nursed it back to health. And as soon as that snake was well enough, it BIT that old man. And as that old man laid there dying, he asked the snake, "Why? I took care of you. I loved you. I saved your life." And that snake looked that man right in the eye and said, "You stupid old man. I'm a snake."

fart blood
Sep 13, 2008

by VideoGames

Billzasilver posted:

Batista seems to be good hearted though he's been a prick to a few people like Mickie James, Shelly Martinez, and Booker T (the latter of which came to blows) but it seems he's just made mistakes rather than being a rotten person.

shiksa
Nov 9, 2009

i went to one of these wrestling shows and it was... honestly? frickin boring. i wanna see ricky! i want to see his gold chains and respect for the ftw lifestyle

cm TRUMP!

Son of Man
Jan 29, 2003

by Azathoth
punk and cabana should settle the score with a shoot fight. hell make it a PPV, cabana might recoup his legal fees

TheKingslayer
Sep 3, 2008

Son of Man posted:

punk and cabana should settle the score with a shoot fight. hell make it a PPV, cabana might recoup his legal fees

My money is on Cabana.

Saint Freak
Apr 16, 2007

Regretting is an insult to oneself
Buglord
Sami Zayn caused an international incident.

Enrique Meridian
Mar 29, 2010

shiksa posted:

cm TRUMP!

what do my knuckles say???

P I S S T A P E

JitteryComa
Nov 6, 2012
Hey Colt Cabana, why ya suin'?

FUCKFACE MORON
Apr 23, 2010

by sebmojo
oval office of personality

Orange Carlisle
Jul 14, 2007

cavallingus posted:

Enrique Meridian posted:

what do my knuckles say???

P I S S T A P E

fart blood
Sep 13, 2008

by VideoGames

cavallingus posted:

This.

This is the winner.

CubsWoo
Aug 17, 2005

Where the big boys RAAAAAAARRRRRRRRRGH FUCK YOU
Look in my eyes

What do you see

All your unpaid legal fees

dromal phrenia
Feb 22, 2004

fart blood posted:

Punk is a tryhard teen edgelord who's good in the ring and good--but overrated--on the mic.

Anyhoo, JTG wrote a really good article about Hogan that I shamelessly stole from Reddit: http://thesportsdaily.com/2018/08/09/836171-tfs11/

I haven't gotten to the part where he begins to make his actual point yet but I wanted to quote this ASAP because the mental image is hilarious to me

quote:

The villain, Yokozuna, covered my hero for the three-count, a then eight-year-old JTG whispered under his breath, “cheating mothaf*****,” as the tears rolled down my face. It was the first time my mom heard me curse and because she was also a diehard Hulkamaniac, she let my underage profanity slide.

Child in pajamas, crying: ":mad: cheating motherFUCKER"
Grandma: *nods solemnly*

Big Coffin Hunter
Aug 13, 2005

Punk not helping Colt in his legal fees is pretty much the only thing he could've done to turn me against him. You don't leave comrades behind

MotU
Mar 6, 2007

It was like she was evicting walking garbage.
Pillbug
go to cheap

The Bee
Nov 25, 2012

Making his way to the ring . . .
from Deep in the Jungle . . .

The Big Monkey!
Wow, that was a really good article. I guess he was just that good all along.

Blaise330
Aug 13, 2007

GOD'S FAVORITE CHAMPION
One day punk is gonna get a chicago crowd to not cheer for him

CubsWoo
Aug 17, 2005

Where the big boys RAAAAAAARRRRRRRRRGH FUCK YOU

Blaise330 posted:

Punk will appear in front of 3 types of Chicago crowds:

- Cubs games
- Blackhawks games
- Whenever Chicago builds a large enough arena to seat a modern era Wrestlemania crowd indoors for his HoF induction (possibly posthumous)

and in any of those circumstances I'm pretty sure he'll at least get some polite applause as 'that C-list guy from Chicago we remember from our childhoods'

bradzilla
Oct 15, 2004

CM Punk's hof video package is the rear end video

Big Coffin Hunter
Aug 13, 2005

Blaise330 posted:

Seriously, he got me to say "oh gently caress you, dude" out loud when I read the news, and up until then I viewed him as a folk hero for walking away, coming out with everything, and winning the case even if the UFC stuff was... very bad at least he was doing a thing he wanted to do.

Oh well, I'm going to do the right thing and view Big Sexy as the real hero of the business.

DeathChicken
Jul 9, 2012

Nonsense. I have not yet begun to defile myself.

Batista and Booker T made amends after Booker kicked his rear end while repeatedly yelling "I'm an OG!" As such things will happen

Blaise330
Aug 13, 2007

GOD'S FAVORITE CHAMPION

DeathChicken posted:

Batista and Booker T made amends after Booker kicked his rear end while repeatedly yelling "I'm an OG!" As such things will happen

This is why you pick Booker T on any video game he’s on. God help if he ever gets on Tekken.

MJeff
Jun 2, 2011

THE LIAR

Big Coffin Hunter posted:

Punk not helping Colt in his legal fees is pretty much the only thing he could've done to turn me against him. You don't leave comrades behind

Pretty much. This is the one thing outside of like, actual criminal activity that could've gotten me to stop being a shameless Punk stan. :[

Ad by Khad
Jul 25, 2007

Human Garbage
Watch me try to laugh this title off like the dickbag I am.

I also hang out with racists.

Blaise330 posted:

This is why you pick Booker T on any video game he’s on. God help if he ever gets on Tekken.

Okada got on Tekken, there is still hope

Timby
Dec 23, 2006

Your mother!

CubsWoo posted:

- Whenever Chicago builds a large enough arena to seat a modern era Wrestlemania crowd indoors for his HoF induction (possibly posthumous)

I was going to say, I doubt Punk ever accepts a Hall of Fame induction / Legends deal unless he gets into a Warrior-type situation in which he's flat-broke and needs the money that goddamn badly. Dude probably has Funko Pops of Vince and HHH and uses them as voodoo dolls every morning.

Hedgehog Pie
May 19, 2012

Total fuckin' silence.
But will someone have a misunderstanding with a text message on the next Raw?

Gonz
Dec 22, 2009

"Jesus, did I say that? Or just think it? Was I talking? Did they hear me?"

Hedgehog Pie posted:

But will someone have a misunderstanding with a text message on the next Raw?

Stephanie fires Kurt via text message. For real.

Then Kurt gets a job with CMLL and becomes their champion.

Chris James 2
Aug 9, 2012

Big Coffin Hunter posted:

:agreed:

FUCKFACE MORON
Apr 23, 2010

by sebmojo

Blaise330 posted:

He'll put ketchup on a hot dog

Although it's not the type of venue they're looking for these days, a WrestleMania in Wrigley would own, even if the weather in late March/early April is a crapshoot in Chicago

fart blood
Sep 13, 2008

by VideoGames
It’s important to remember that Punk may be a try hard teen edge lord who uses livejournal, but we must never forget WWE is way worse. (Not that anyone here thinks otherwise, just saying)

cavallingus posted:

He'll put ketchup on a hot dog

People who do this are savages and should be shamed publicly in a social movement.

Beef Jerky Robot
Sep 20, 2009

"And the DICK?"

Oh no someone put tomato syrup on their meat tube, call the police

Lumbermouth
Mar 6, 2008

GREG IS BIG NOW

Punk is a perfect example of someone who absolutely refuses to deal with their own trauma, to the detriment of every friend he has.

fart blood
Sep 13, 2008

by VideoGames

Beef Jerky Robot posted:

Oh no someone put tomato syrup on their meat tube, call the police

I absolutely would. These people are disgusting.

sexpig by night
Sep 8, 2011

by Azathoth

VJeff posted:

Pretty much. This is the one thing outside of like, actual criminal activity that could've gotten me to stop being a shameless Punk stan. :[

yea like I made fun of Punk's UFC poo poo but that was just 'ahaha what is this guy doing?' stuff. This is the first time I've gone 'oh, no, gently caress Punk I guess'.

DarkstarIV
Apr 6, 2010

OFFICIAL RACIST
ICYMI: Rusev and Lana vs Andrade "Cien" Almas and Zelina Vega was added to the Kickoff show for Summerslam.

Chris James 2
Aug 9, 2012

projecthalaxy posted:

List of things that i am excited for at summerslam:
-Almas and Vega vs Rusev and Lana
-Becky winning the title
-the end of the Bork Lazer nightmare

Chris James 2 posted:

Last two won't happen, first one will be pre-show

I'm sorry my friend

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

DarkstarIV
Apr 6, 2010

OFFICIAL RACIST
Yeah, I think Carmella is likely slipping away with the title again. Charlotte and Becky's friendship will probably implode at Summerslam, and Carmella will capitalize.

Also I dunno if WWE can resist the urge to potentially run Charlotte/Becky vs Sasha/Bayley for the rumored women's tag titles at Evolution. I can't think of a bigger match otherwise if those titles are introduced.

• Locked thread