Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Spoeank
Jul 16, 2003

That's a nice set of 11 dynasty points there, it would be a shame if 3 rings were to happen with it

Grittybeard posted:

Not a well thrown ball at all but that was a good catch.

Whoops I wasn't clear, it was a helluva ball to try to catch

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

rjmccall
Sep 7, 2007

no worries friend
Fun Shoe
Yeah, not a whole lot of spectacular passing tonight from any of our QBs.

Play
Apr 25, 2006

Strong stroll for a mangy stray
CJ Beathard is a seriously elite crash dummy

Coldforge
Oct 29, 2002

I knew it would be bad.
I didn't know it would be so stupid.

Play posted:

CJ Beathard is a seriously elite crash dummy

Someone asked me last year if he had any elite skills.

“Durability.”

Spoeank
Jul 16, 2003

That's a nice set of 11 dynasty points there, it would be a shame if 3 rings were to happen with it

Coldforge posted:

Someone asked me last year if he had any elite skills.

“Durability.”

Doinkin the ball the gently caress off of a DL every goddamn play

Grittybeard
Mar 29, 2010

Bad, very bad!
Haha, that ping pong reception.

rjmccall
Sep 7, 2007

no worries friend
Fun Shoe
looooooooool

Tom Sellout
May 27, 2011

$240 million of Johnny Walker Blue and Throatzilla's services.
Yelling at the TV during a preseason game and loving it

Play
Apr 25, 2006

well thank god the Cowboys didn't win

Play
Apr 25, 2006

Jimmy G status: remains undefeated

Coldforge
Oct 29, 2002

I knew it would be bad.
I didn't know it would be so stupid.
Good triumphed over evil, as the 49ers beat the Cowboys, and that's all that matters.

I mean, outside the 16 injured 49ers starters, of course.

Vertical Lime
Dec 11, 2004

it's darnold time

literally hundreds at metlife

fsif
Jul 18, 2003

One team definitely wants to be playing this game a lot more than the other

Diva Cupcake
Aug 15, 2005

Vertical Lime posted:

it's darnold time

literally hundreds at metlife

I gave away my seats because lol at a Friday night game in week 1 preseason.

Raku
Nov 7, 2012

Every good gift and every perfect gift is from above, coming down from the Father of lights with whom there is no variation or shadow due to change.

Roll Tide

fsif posted:

One team definitely wants to be playing this game a lot more than the other

Tbf if one team loses its starting quarterback to some stupid injury its Superbowl window is closed, and the other is trying to decide which of its backup QBs is a bigger upgrade

mcmagic
Jul 1, 2004

If you see this avatar while scrolling the succ zone, you have been visited by the mcmagic of shitty lib takes! Good luck and prosperity will come to you, but only if you reply "shut the fuck up mcmagic" to this post!
Jets don't really have RB's with the right skills for outside zone runs unless Cannon is the real deal or McGuire takes a big step forward.

Ches Neckbeard
Dec 3, 2005

You're all garbage, back up the truck BACK IT UP!
Crowell going to give up his brain to CTE in preseason

fsif
Jul 18, 2003

WAIT MATT SCHAUB IS STILL IN THE NFL??

Quiet Feet
Dec 14, 2009

THE HELL IS WITH THIS ASS!?

fsif posted:

WAIT MATT SCHAUB IS STILL IN THE NFL??

Hey, no fair stealing my post!

sexy tiger boobs
Aug 23, 2002

Up shit creek with a turd for a paddle.

You could call that lowering the helmet poo poo on every play ever.

Ches Neckbeard
Dec 3, 2005

sexy tiger boobs posted:

It looks like something that is going to vary wildly between ref crews.

Play
Apr 25, 2006

sexy tiger boobs posted:

That was a crackback block, you can't do it like that and that's been the rule for a while now

mcmagic
Jul 1, 2004

If you see this avatar while scrolling the succ zone, you have been visited by the mcmagic of shitty lib takes! Good luck and prosperity will come to you, but only if you reply "shut the fuck up mcmagic" to this post!

sexy tiger boobs posted:

Games (mostly in favor of the Patriots) are going to be decided on that call and it's going to be ridiculous.

Play
Apr 25, 2006

sexy tiger boobs posted:

That was a crackback block, you can't do it in that way and that's been the rule for a while now

Teddy B lookin good, he's so accurate in the short to intermediate range. It's amazing how many QBs don't hit their guys on the hands in short passes

sexy tiger boobs
Aug 23, 2002

Up shit creek with a turd for a paddle.

I'm not talking about the crackback, just seems like another super subjective rule for the refs to gently caress up. Hope they figure poo poo out before the real games start.

Play
Apr 25, 2006

Yeah I doubt it, mostly it will remain pretty subjective. In some of the games it was mainly late hits where the runner is already held up, i.e. unnecessary hits. Looked at that way it seems reasonable, but the way it's written is ridiculous

drat Teddy

mcmagic
Jul 1, 2004

Cannon's got a little burst.

Play
Apr 25, 2006

mcmagic posted:

Cannon's got a little burst.

Yeah that looked good, awkward as hell handoff though. If he'd been hit in the backfield that would've been a fumble

Quiet Feet
Dec 14, 2009

THE HELL IS WITH THIS ASS!?

Bridgewater is looking pretty good. You have to think that if McCown has a few shaky games are going to throw him in Bridgewater is looking pretty good. You have to think that if McCown has a few shaky games they're going to throw him in there at some point, assuming they don't want to throw Rosen to the wolves right away.

Edit: Not Rosen, who ever the hell they drafted.

Edit 2: Darnold!

Eifert Posting
Apr 1, 2007

Most of the time he catches it every time.
Grimey Drawer
I hope the NFL calls the helmet rule at least somewhat consistently because it's directly addressing the biggest concern that I have that stops me from going to games and spending money on Game Pass.

Eliminating plays with the crown of the helmet is the number one thing to a positively affect player safety.

Diva Cupcake
Aug 15, 2005

Quiet Feet posted:

Bridgewater is looking pretty good. You have to think that if McCown has a few shaky games are going to throw him in Bridgewater is looking pretty good. You have to think that if McCown has a few shaky games they're going to throw him in there at some point, assuming they don't want to throw Rosen to the wolves right away.

Edit: Not Rosen, who ever the hell they drafted.

Edit 2: Darnold!

Darnold gonna win the job outright and the Jets will trade Teddy B to the Jags or somewhere.

Play
Apr 25, 2006

Diva Cupcake posted:

Darnold gonna win the job outright and the Jets will trade Teddy B to the Jags or somewhere.

I don't care at all where he goes as long as someone gives him a chance to start. Him on the Jags sounds really good actually

TASTE THE PAIN!!
May 18, 2004

The Dynasty has begun.

Eifert Posting
Apr 1, 2007

Most of the time he catches it every time.
Grimey Drawer
Personally as a fan of an AFC team I feel like the Jaguars should have to carry Bortles as the starter just as a handicap.

mcmagic
Jul 1, 2004

Where's my boy Chris Herndon?

Ches Neckbeard
Dec 3, 2005

McCown being so excited for Darnold is making this game for me.

Paint Crop Pro
Mar 22, 2007

Find someone who values you like Rick Spielman values 7th round picks.

Me IRL

Play
Apr 25, 2006

Darnold is throwing really well. That's cool

Diva Cupcake
Aug 15, 2005

God King Sam Darnold

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

TASTE THE PAIN!!
May 18, 2004