Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Jonny 290
May 5, 2005

[ASK] me about OS/2 Warp

Dixie Cretin Seaman posted:

such an INTJ thing to say :rolleyes:

this is some libra rear end bullshit

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Agile Vector
May 21, 2007

scrum bored

ol qwerty bastard posted:

lmbo

https://twitter.com/elonmusk/status/1028121465785405441

can't wait to see the musk fanboys wearing those

pretty bold to try to manipulate the stock price then tell people to short tesla

poty
Jun 21, 2008

虹はどこで終わるのですか? あなたの魂の中で、または地平線で?

lol

PIZZA.BAT
Nov 12, 2016

:cheers:

never go full fyad wtf

big scary monsters
Sep 2, 2011

-~Skullwave~-
weird twitter is so passé, if elon wants to impress he needs to start making posts earnestly aimed at improving his community. constructive sincerity is the biggest troll of all these days

President Beep
Apr 30, 2009

i have to have a car because otherwise i cant drive around the country solving mysteries while being doggedly pursued by federal marshals for a crime i did not commit (9/11)
elon’s in more of the “stupid twitter” milieu tho.

PleasureKevin
Jan 2, 2011

so it seems there is no “funding secured”

Elon wants current investors to simply give him immunity from the laws and regulators that protect them. and his case for this seems to boil down to his personal annoyance with running a public company.

there’s at least one lawsuit in the works https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/business-45155268

qirex
Feb 15, 2001

geez maybe he should have not taken billions of dollars in other people’s money in investment and used his own wealth to fund his stupid vanity projects

PleasureKevin
Jan 2, 2011

“get rich off other people’s money, not your own” is basically the first commandment of business

qirex
Feb 15, 2001

PleasureKevin posted:

“get rich off other people’s money, not your own” is basically the first commandment of business

I know it’s just hilarious to see a literal billionaire complain about it since when you use other people’s money they tend to want a say about what you’re doing with it

PIZZA.BAT
Nov 12, 2016

man it’s always the cardinal sin of loving with rich peoples’ money. he was getting away with everything else but this will absolutely sink him.

PleasureKevin
Jan 2, 2011

willing to bet Musk’s “plan” is to ask hardcore Musk cultists to give him money to buy out the investors who want to sell at $420

doing some rough math, if $30B worth of investors want to sell, Musk would need $100,000 from everyone subscribed to /r/teslamotors

i have no idea how many sane investors would go “hmm i can sell all my shares for $100k and make a profit, or i can invest another $100k so Musk doesn’t have to report quarterly earnings to me anymore. hmm yes i’ll do the latter.”

PleasureKevin
Jan 2, 2011

but whether it fails or not doesn’t really matter since the whole point is to boost the stock before his loans are due. he’ll just have to make a pretty dramatic effort to avoid jail

PIZZA.BAT
Nov 12, 2016

PleasureKevin posted:

willing to bet Musk’s “plan” is to ask hardcore Musk cultists to give him money to buy out the investors who want to sell at $420

doing some rough math, if $30B worth of investors want to sell, Musk would need $100,000 from everyone subscribed to /r/teslamotors

i have no idea how many sane investors would go “hmm i can sell all my shares for $100k and make a profit, or i can invest another $100k so Musk doesn’t have to report quarterly earnings to me anymore. hmm yes i’ll do the latter.”

saying ‘funding secured’ means he’s already done this- full stop. he committed fraud and is gonna go to jail

PIZZA.BAT
Nov 12, 2016

by ‘funding secured’ i actually meant i was seeking funding god you lame short-sellers are so pedantic :shucks:

PleasureKevin
Jan 2, 2011

Rex-Goliath posted:

saying ‘funding secured’ means he’s already done this- full stop. he committed fraud and is gonna go to jail

i’m sure he did his due diligence and ran the numbers in Calculator.app ahead of time

Sagebrush
Feb 26, 2012

Rex-Goliath posted:

saying ‘funding secured’ means he’s already done this- full stop. he committed fraud

yes

Rex-Goliath posted:

and is gonna go to jail

hah

PIZZA.BAT
Nov 12, 2016

i stand by this. there was literally one rule he wasn’t allowed to break and he broke it.

creationist believer
Feb 16, 2007

College Slice
if i were the judge, id sentence him to 69 years in prison

coffeetable
Feb 5, 2006

TELL ME AGAIN HOW GREAT BRITAIN WOULD BE IF IT WAS RULED BY THE MERCILESS JACKBOOT OF PRINCE CHARLES

YES I DO TALK TO PLANTS ACTUALLY
yeah he doesn't have poo poo

https://twitter.com/matt_levine/status/1027994229904162816

H.P. Hovercraft
Jan 12, 2004

one thing a computer can do that most humans can't is be sealed up in a cardboard box and sit in a warehouse
Slippery Tilde
i’m waiting for someone over in sec enforcement to be really whiny about this whole thing

you know it’s coming

Sagebrush
Feb 26, 2012

Rex-Goliath posted:

i stand by this. there was literally one rule he wasn’t allowed to break and he broke it.

it's true, what he has done is tantamount to the most heinous of all crimes, theft of money

but he is whitey mcrich, so it's not happening.

big scary monsters
Sep 2, 2011

-~Skullwave~-
it's cool that in the past this kind of financial fraud required internal whistle blowers and intense, long-term investigations and so on to bring down company execs but now you can just go on twitter dot com forward slash mycrimes and it's all there

President Beep
Apr 30, 2009

i have to have a car because otherwise i cant drive around the country solving mysteries while being doggedly pursued by federal marshals for a crime i did not commit (9/11)

Rex-Goliath posted:

lol. there’s no way he’ll go to jail.

President Beep
Apr 30, 2009

Rex-Goliath posted:

I genuinely hope you’re right, and I’d be happy to be wrong, but I really don’t think anything material is going to happen to that fucker.

President Beep
Apr 30, 2009

creationist believer posted:

if i were the judge, id sentence him to 69 years in prison

id sentence him to be hanged, drawn, and 420thrd

PleasureKevin
Jan 2, 2011

President Beep posted:

id sentence him to be hanged, drawn, and 420thrd

was literally writing a post saying him being imprisoned would just make it harder to guillotine him and for some reason i checked for a reply and here is the confirmation and my post ruined

President Beep
Apr 30, 2009

u’r welcome?????

PleasureKevin
Jan 2, 2011

President Beep posted:

u’r welcome?????

no apology necessary comrade

PleasureKevin
Jan 2, 2011

hey

President Beep
Apr 30, 2009

lmao

Zikan
Feb 29, 2004

https://twitter.com/rithesh/status/1028437449318576128?s=21

President Beep
Apr 30, 2009

oh wow another hater!!!

President Beep
Apr 30, 2009

rithesh is obviously trying to short tesla

OJ MIST 2 THE DICK
Sep 11, 2008

Anytime I need to see your face I just close my eyes
And I am taken to a place
Where your crystal minds and magenta feelings
Take up shelter in the base of my spine
Sweet like a chica cherry cola

-Cheap Trick

Nap Ghost
https://twitter.com/WombatPickled/status/1028442038847463424?s=19

elmer chud
May 18, 2018
(USER WAS PUT ON PROBATION FOR THIS POST)

holy lol

akadajet
Sep 14, 2003

I'm dying

President Beep
Apr 30, 2009

ah, yes, I’m sure “rough road” has been defined via case law, if not statute. :thunk:

elmer chud
May 18, 2018
(USER WAS PUT ON PROBATION FOR THIS POST)
https://twitter.com/mydoghasagun/status/1028443129853050880

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

akadajet
Sep 14, 2003

Things you can't do in a Tesla Model 3:
1) Long road trips
2) Driving through rain puddles