Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Cavauro
Jan 9, 2008

Every time somebody doesn't want to take the poo poo anymore and at least makes the company aware that they are frustrated in their role instead of being a mindless zombie, there are multiple people half-blaming them for being ignorant. good poo poo

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Codependent Poster
Oct 20, 2003

Good for Asuka.

Endless Mike
Aug 13, 2003

When does R-Truth fight Carmella?

fart blood
Sep 13, 2008

by VideoGames
Asuka is great for telling them to stick it.

Punk is also great for telling them to stick it, but was a teeny bopper edgelord in the process of doing so.

What I’m saying is I can look past you being terrible if you tell WWE to stick it.

Chris James 2
Aug 9, 2012

Kairi should feel nervous about a callup right now

Io should feel nervous about coming into the company right now

Asuka's right to be pissed and I'm glad she's making it known to WWE. 6+ hour show yet can't be booked, ridiculous

shiksa
Nov 9, 2009

i went to one of these wrestling shows and it was... honestly? frickin boring. i wanna see ricky! i want to see his gold chains and respect for the ftw lifestyle

DarkstarIV posted:

Per PWInsider:

what were you thinking, asuka, being right on all counts like that?

MJeff
Jun 2, 2011

THE LIAR
Asuka and Neville The Couch Warriors is a good MMC team.

DarkstarIV
Apr 6, 2010

OFFICIAL RACIST
I just find it funny, because I've been saying for months that pushing Carmella was a really bad idea, and look at what happened. If the walkout ends up being true (we'll see after tonight's house show, since she's advertised to be part of it), then it will be an absolutely devastating blow to the "Women's Revolution" that WWE seems to love to tout. Because WWE let one of the best female workers of the world walk out because they couldn't resist pushing a talentless hack (Carmella) who has no business being in a wrestling ring.

Abroham Lincoln
Sep 19, 2011

Note to self: This one's the good one

every time darkstar posts about carmella her reign is extended another month

shiksa
Nov 9, 2009

i went to one of these wrestling shows and it was... honestly? frickin boring. i wanna see ricky! i want to see his gold chains and respect for the ftw lifestyle
beyond all the "what did she expect from wwe," dropping her like a rock after two lovely sight gag matches and leaving her off of freaking summerslam is just incredibly lovely.

harder to just shut up and put over the pathetically untalented women's champion for the big payday when they snatch away the payday too.

fart blood
Sep 13, 2008

by VideoGames

DarkstarIV posted:

I just find it funny, because I've been saying for months that pushing Carmella was a really bad idea, and look at what happened. If the walkout ends up being true (we'll see after tonight's house show, since she's advertised to be part of it), then it will be an absolutely devastating blow to the "Women's Revolution" that WWE seems to love to tout. Because WWE let one of the best female workers of the world walk out because they couldn't resist pushing a talentless hack (Carmella) who has no business being in a wrestling ring.

**insert post here by MassRafTer about how Asuka stinks**

The Cameo
Jan 20, 2005

fart blood posted:

Asuka is great for telling them to stick it.

Punk is also great for telling them to stick it, but was a teeny bopper edgelord in the process of doing so.

What I’m saying is I can look past you being terrible if you tell WWE to stick it.

What about Neville, who's still stuck in frozen contract land

I miss him; WWE, let my PAC go (and wrestle in New Japan) :smith:

Does this make Asuka the worst end result of an NXT call-up? Going from undefeated NXT women's champion who vacates the belt on leaving, spends five months on the main roster being also undefeated, loses to Charlotte in best match on Mania, gets turned into complete idiot against Carmella afterwards and now can't even get on Summerslam, not even a loving year after being called up. After uprooting your family or moving halfway around from the world from them to make money, depending on what she did.

Like yeah yeah yeah you can go "Enzo and Cass lol" but they had a very, very low ceiling (that they couldn't even reach).

shiksa
Nov 9, 2009

have carmella come out and do the "start a tearful promo and then say haha just kidding im still the heel" thing for the fifth time about being so lovely that asuka left the company

Blooming Brilliant
Jul 12, 2010

Remember when Road Dogg went onto Twitter to defend his booking with "Carmella won because the face always wins in the end", and then the feud just ended :lol:

fart blood
Sep 13, 2008

by VideoGames

Blooming Brilliant posted:

Remember when Road Dogg was a loving idiot

Why yes yes I do

RealFoxy
May 11, 2011

I'm not making a fucking QCS thread for this but seriously can we take a harder stance on Kiwifarms freaks like this guy, Jesus Christ seriously, you used to be better at knocking these creeps down. I guess ADTRW mods aren't responsible like GBS mods are.
In Japan Asuka wrote this article called Manifesto where she talked about how much she HATED the WWE Diva-style girls that were becoming popular in Japan at the time (Former models, children, etc)

The first thing they do after she loses her streak is pair her up with the kinda person she hated in Japan and made her lose like a chump :v:

shiksa
Nov 9, 2009

road dogg in a week: indirectly causing one of the fans' favorite wrestlers and a huge star to leave the company gets HEAT. its called getting over you marks!

fart blood
Sep 13, 2008

by VideoGames
Mike Johnson is saying it isn’t true.

Though Road Dogg still stinks.

Abroham Lincoln
Sep 19, 2011

https://twitter.com/mikepwinsider/status/1028406675387179008?s=21

turns out reddit rumors are poo poo

TheKingslayer
Sep 3, 2008

"Stop supporting people that lie to you."

"Well... ok."

*wrestling industry goes out of business*

Shayna Baszler
Oct 24, 2001

i'll always take care of you
Muldoon
you guys should be happy that Asuka is making more money than she would be in Japan. you should be grateful that she is more financially secure now that she works for the WWE. some people, sheesh

WrasslorMonkey
Mar 5, 2012

It's not about the money, it's about sending an "art"

Davros1
Jul 19, 2007

You've got to admit, you are kind of implausible

Cavauro posted:

Every time somebody doesn't want to take the poo poo anymore and at least makes the company aware that they are frustrated in their role instead of being a mindless zombie, there are multiple people half-blaming them for being ignorant. good poo poo

They can totally be frustrated in the way they're being treated by WWE, but if they thought unlike everyone who came before them, that they're the ones who are going to be treated differently, then yeah, they're being naive.

Midnightghoul
Oct 1, 2003

COME ON DON'T BE SCURRED
My art is also hitting people with my butt

Chris James 2
Aug 9, 2012

https://www.cagesideseats.com/wwe/2018/8/11/17679596/wwe-looking-into-allegations-past-inappropriate-behavior-randy-orton

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

Darkstar please stop creating false rumors to attack Carmella.

WrasslorMonkey
Mar 5, 2012

Apparently Randy Orton's art is pulling out his dick and yelling at new writers to shake his hand. I wouldn't have immediately called that.

DarkstarIV
Apr 6, 2010

OFFICIAL RACIST

Aphrodite posted:

It was posted elsewhere as well. Not just here.

Abroham Lincoln
Sep 19, 2011

so that's why the ramp snake hasn't been seen again

The Cameo
Jan 20, 2005

Davros1 posted:

They can totally be frustrated in the way they're being treated by WWE, but if they thought unlike everyone who came before them, that they're the ones who are going to be treated differently, then yeah, they're being naive.

Can't really argue there. If you're not picked to be The One from the moment you walk in the door, you're gonna be the same chaff as everyone else, since after almost two decades with no other legit venues for wrestlers to continue onto with their careers they don't care who you were, how much the crowd likes you, or how good you actually are, you're just gonna get slid into a spot and never be allowed to leave that spot. And as the roster bloats with them picking up any and every indie worker with a bit of heat behind them (plus rugby players and gymnasts and other athletes), there's going to be ever less room to break out of that spot.

Cavauro
Jan 9, 2008

Davros1 posted:

sweet

Invalid Validation
Jan 13, 2008

Brock is in it for the money and until WWE proves otherwise that should be your only aspiration when working for them.

OctoberCountry
Oct 9, 2012

Aphrodite posted:

The Character Assassination of Carmella by the Coward Darkstar Four

TheKingslayer
Sep 3, 2008

Randy getting his rocks off to guys touching his penisey hands sure is something.

Gumball Gumption
Jan 7, 2012

Randy has always given off the energy of the sort of dude who sexually assaults other men and then calls them gay for it.

Invalid Validation
Jan 13, 2008

He hears voices and has never gotten professional help for them.

fatherofmustard
May 15, 2018

Cena needs to come back and put Randy in his place

Orange Carlisle
Jul 14, 2007

The ol' dick handshake power move

OctoberCountry
Oct 9, 2012

Mr. Carlisle posted:

The ol' dick handshake power move

VINTAGE ORTON!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

The Cameo
Jan 20, 2005

You know it's wrestling because the understandable, normal sort of wrestling workplace story turned out to be fake and the weird creepy one involving a penis and the weird overture of threatening to tell Mom and Dad is most likely legitimate and will probably end up with zero consequences.

• Locked thread