Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Dark_Tzitzimine
Oct 9, 2012

by R. Guyovich
https://twitter.com/UnMandoParaDos/status/1028175016809164801

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

girl dick energy
Sep 30, 2009

You think you have the wherewithal to figure out my puzzle vagina?

Moriatti posted:

Interesting, is it cool if I poach some of your playbook stuff?
Go for it.

Blaze Dragon
Aug 28, 2013
LOWTAX'S SPINE FUND

I'm glad every Funko is still a horrifying, soulless monster that should be destroyed in such a way as to not leave trace in history that it ever existed.

Hitlersaurus Christ
Oct 14, 2005

Funky Pops are Nendoroids for assholes.

I think I might have said that already but it’s still true.

MorningMoon
Dec 29, 2013

He's been tapping into Aunt May's bank account!
Didn't I kill him with a HELICOPTER?
They're fine to get a figure of a thing you like on the super cheap.

People who collect them are monsters, however.

ThermoPhysical
Dec 26, 2007

ArmyOfMidgets posted:

Truly.

The most recent one is Pikachu...people have already stolen them from Targets around here. The rest are being bought up before the store can even take inventory as employees are leaking information online and there's large crowds in the toy sections.

There's only 6 per box that Target gets.

Also, Funko is shipping boxes with zero Funko-branded stuff inside just to throw people off, I guess?

Anyway, what's the consensus on the Digimon game coming? I was going to get the last one but there was SO much complaining about how garbage it was, I skipped it.

Is Applimon good yet?

Nodosaur
Dec 23, 2014

Applimon ended nearly a year ago.

It was fantastic.

Hitlersaurus Christ
Oct 14, 2005

ArmyOfMidgets posted:

Yeah, if you like mutant versions of things you like with terrifying soulless void-eyes.

thetoughestbean
Apr 27, 2013

Keep On Shroomin

ThermoPhysical posted:

Anyway, what's the consensus on the Digimon game coming? I was going to get the last one but there was SO much complaining about how garbage it was, I skipped it.

If you mean Survive, then I'm optimistic. The Cyber Sleuth games were pretty great so another JRPG by the same studio could be good. As for the mobile games, I avoid that stuff like the plague, so I have no clue if this new one will be good

Hitlersaurus Christ
Oct 14, 2005

Survive isn’t by the same development studio, actually.

Omnicrom
Aug 3, 2007
Snorlax Afficionado

ThermoPhysical posted:

Is Applimon good yet?

Appmon was never bad. It was also easily the best Digimon since Savers wrapped a decade ago.

Blaze Dragon
Aug 28, 2013
LOWTAX'S SPINE FUND

Hitlersaurus Christ posted:

Survive isn’t by the same development studio, actually.

I'm pretty sure it is. It's still the same people as every non-mobile Digimon game since Adventure PSP. It's still good ol' Habu, the man that took something as awful as Digimon's game side and turned it into something great.

I'm definitely interested in Survive. Being more heavily story-driven would be very Digimon, and I like SRPGs.

Also yes, Appmon was amazing and absolutely worth the watch. I second it being the best Digimon since Savers, and probably like second or third in my favourite series list (Tamers is hard to beat).

Nodosaur
Dec 23, 2014

Habu is working on it, but it's not the same development team as the past several games. Those guys are working on the next Story game.

thetoughestbean
Apr 27, 2013

Keep On Shroomin
Well, I'm still optimistic. It looks cool!

Hitlersaurus Christ
Oct 14, 2005

Yeah, I’m sure it’ll be fine. The Cyber Sleuth team is still working on another Story game on the meantime anyway.

So just for the record, here’s who made what:
-Digimon World RE:Digitize: Tri-Crescendo (Eternal Sonata, parts of Baten Kaitos)
-Digimon Adventure PSP: PROPE (Yuji Naka of Sonic fame’s studio, but not really known for anything special)
-Digimon Story Cyber Sleuth + Hacker’s Memory: Media.Vision (Wild Arms series)
-Digimon World Next Order: Bandai Namco Game’s (an internal studio I believe)
-Digimon Survive: Witchcraft (Made by ex-Media.Vision staff in 2008, seems to have mostly worked on licensed games while also offering some small graphical assistance to bigger projects by other companies)

The first game Habu produced was Cyber Sleuth as far as I know, and he became the main producer of all the games starting with the PS4 port of New Order.

Nodosaur
Dec 23, 2014

Habu’s first game was “Digimon Story: Super Xros Wars Red and Blue”. The only Digimon games he hasn’t developed since are the original version of Next Order and mobile games.

Dark_Tzitzimine
Oct 9, 2012

by R. Guyovich
So it was confirmed that in Survive, your choices can get some of your buddies killed.

http://www.siliconera.com/2018/08/17/digimon-survive-introduces-aoi-and-minoru-choices-that-can-lead-friends-to-their-demise/

Petiso
Apr 30, 2012

Dark_Tzitzimine posted:

So it was confirmed that in Survive, your choices can get some of your buddies killed.

DIGIMON!

Omnicrom
Aug 3, 2007
Snorlax Afficionado

I for one look forward to Devil Survivor 3.

Hypocrisy
Oct 4, 2006
Lord of Sarcasm

I know, I'll send Leomon into the vents!

Dark_Tzitzimine
Oct 9, 2012

by R. Guyovich
Just for clarification, the ones that have been confirmed to die is your human friends, still no word about the Digimon.

And the Digimon Quatro is off to a great start.

https://twitter.com/Digisoulweb/status/1030558367180365824
https://twitter.com/Digisoulweb/status/1030558375539617792

Burkion
May 10, 2012

by Fluffdaddy
They look

Different

I'm not sure if that's a good different or not

Dark_Tzitzimine
Oct 9, 2012

by R. Guyovich
Tai looks like he was replaced by a muppet.

Matt looks great tho.

girl dick energy
Sep 30, 2009

You think you have the wherewithal to figure out my puzzle vagina?
Agumon is deeply uncomfortable with Muppet Tai.

Dark_Tzitzimine
Oct 9, 2012

by R. Guyovich
https://twitter.com/bandai_digimon/status/1031782355709583360

A new V-pet focused on X-Antibody Digimon is coming.

drrockso20
May 6, 2013

Has Not Actually Done Cocaine

Guess that explains that poll they were doing to decide on new X-Antibody Digimon was for

Dark_Tzitzimine
Oct 9, 2012

by R. Guyovich
https://twitter.com/Digisoulweb/status/1034139050066825217

Omnicrom
Aug 3, 2007
Snorlax Afficionado

That sure is an X-Digimon there.

Dark_Tzitzimine
Oct 9, 2012

by R. Guyovich

Supposedly this page from the tri artbook Is calling Meicoomon a Pokemon. :v:

nine-gear crow
Aug 10, 2013
Probation
Can't post for 6 hours!

Dark_Tzitzimine posted:

Supposedly this page from the tri artbook Is calling Meicoomon a Pokemon. :v:

Top left corner: What’s wrong with your face haaaaaaaaaaand?!!!

Burkion
May 10, 2012

by Fluffdaddy

nine-gear crow posted:

He wanted some exposition on Jason Voorhees so he had to have his finger snapped

Blaze Dragon
Aug 28, 2013
LOWTAX'S SPINE FUND

nine-gear crow posted:

It's Seto Kaiba Syndrome. I'm afraid it's terminal.

Blaze Dragon
Aug 28, 2013
LOWTAX'S SPINE FUND

Double post, but it's an important message.

PS4 people: there's a big Bandai-Namco sale on PS store right now. Cyber Sleuth is 70% off, Next Order is 75% off, Hacker's Memory is 67% off. All are way below half price, I'd take the chance! In fact, I did, and got both Next Order and Hacker's Memory.

Uhh, on the topic, is there anything I should do in Cyber Sleuth before moving on to Hacker's Memory? I have most Digimon and a bunch of Medals already, and finished the storyline.

Crabtree
Oct 17, 2012

ARRRGH! Get that wallet out!
Everybody: Lowtax in a Pickle!
Pickle! Pickle! Pickle! Pickle!

Dinosaur Gum

Lord of the Flies but with Digimon.

thetoughestbean
Apr 27, 2013

Keep On Shroomin

Blaze Dragon posted:

Uhh, on the topic, is there anything I should do in Cyber Sleuth before moving on to Hacker's Memory? I have most Digimon and a bunch of Medals already, and finished the storyline.

I'd recommend doing all the side quests that aren't the Royal Knights or Seven Deadly Digimon battles, if only because they're charming. You might have to run around Nagano Broadway to trigger the one with JimmyKEN, though.

There's the aforementioned battle missions and the final offline tournament if you want a postgame challenge, but other than that, there really isn't much other than that besides finishing off the Digimon list and the medal collection. The registered Digimon and the medals carry over into Hacker's Memory if you transfer your save file, which is a neat bonus if you 100%-ed the first game like I did

Blaze Dragon
Aug 28, 2013
LOWTAX'S SPINE FUND

thetoughestbean posted:

I'd recommend doing all the side quests that aren't the Royal Knights or Seven Deadly Digimon battles, if only because they're charming. You might have to run around Nagano Broadway to trigger the one with JimmyKEN, though.

There's the aforementioned battle missions and the final offline tournament if you want a postgame challenge, but other than that, there really isn't much other than that besides finishing off the Digimon list and the medal collection. The registered Digimon and the medals carry over into Hacker's Memory if you transfer your save file, which is a neat bonus if you 100%-ed the first game like I did

I already did all of this except getting all Digimon and Medals and even there I have most of them, so I guess I'll just start with that after burning all my money to get whatever Medals I can since that won't pass on to Hacker's Memory. Getting all Medals in Cyber Sleuth was too much of a pain for me, having to constantly reset to get the right jobs because BlackAgumon and MetalGreymon (Virus)'s Medals couldn't be obtained any other way was terrible.

Disconnected from that, this is really interesting, an interview with Director Motonaga from Tri. It shows that a lot of thought went into the series, even if it ended up having a lot of issues anyways.

https://twitter.com/onkeikun/status/1037868859825512448

It continues on the replies.

drrockso20
May 6, 2013

Has Not Actually Done Cocaine
Read all of V-Tamer 01 yesterday and it was overall pretty good, some minor pacing and tonal issues, and there being only one protagonist Digimon who can actually fight definitely contributed to that, but again it was pretty good, shame we'll never see it get an anime adaptation

Blaze Dragon
Aug 28, 2013
LOWTAX'S SPINE FUND

drrockso20 posted:

Read all of V-Tamer 01 yesterday and it was overall pretty good, some minor pacing and tonal issues, and there being only one protagonist Digimon who can actually fight definitely contributed to that, but again it was pretty good, shame we'll never see it get an anime adaptation

V-Tamer is really good and I'd call it required reading for anyone who likes Digimon. Did you read the 02/Frontier specials? They genuinely do more with the goggles of their respective series far more than said series ever did, in the span of a chapter each. Yabuno is a really good writer.

If you want more Digimon manga, the Xros Wars manga uses the same characters as the anime but it's also a completely unique story and far better written, though sadly the ending is blatantly rushed due to cancellation thanks to how badly Hunters sucked. Next is also readable, but it's merely okay, definitely the weaker companion to Savers.

Onmi
Jul 12, 2013

If someone says it one more time I'm having Florina show up as a corpse. I'm not even kidding, I was pissed off with people doing that shit back in 2010, and I'm not dealing with it now in 2016.

Blaze Dragon posted:

I already did all of this except getting all Digimon and Medals and even there I have most of them, so I guess I'll just start with that after burning all my money to get whatever Medals I can since that won't pass on to Hacker's Memory. Getting all Medals in Cyber Sleuth was too much of a pain for me, having to constantly reset to get the right jobs because BlackAgumon and MetalGreymon (Virus)'s Medals couldn't be obtained any other way was terrible.

Disconnected from that, this is really interesting, an interview with Director Motonaga from Tri. It shows that a lot of thought went into the series, even if it ended up having a lot of issues anyways.

https://twitter.com/onkeikun/status/1037868859825512448

It continues on the replies.

There may have been a lot of thought, but a lot of that still reads like "We kinda had a finish we had to get to" I feel Matsumura Julia's work was the far more interesting part of Tri.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Black Mage Knight
Jan 25, 2012

stop biting my cape
Was finally able to find a copy of Digimon World Next Order for cheap. Initial thoughts are that the opening kicking in during ExE mode is absolutely perfect and instantly makes me love this game. It also makes me question why every game isn't already doing that.