Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Agile Vector
May 21, 2007

scrum bored

akadajet posted:

Things you can't do in a Tesla Model 3:
Driving

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Fiedler
Jun 29, 2002

I, for one, welcome our new mouse overlords.
tesla 2016: look at ford and gm wasting all that time and money doing design testing at expensive test facilities. we're gonna disrupt them so hard.

tesla 2019: we were huge idiots and didn't know what we were doing, but we've now fixed the majority of the fundamental design problems with the model 3 and...

Ciaphas
Nov 20, 2005

> BEWARE, COWARD :ovr:

lol that anyone thinks elon will face any sort of justice

there is no such thing as justice and even if there was he's personally rich enough to gently caress off and disappear if he notices legal heat that he can't otherwise destroy by throwing other people's money at it

President Beep
Apr 30, 2009

i have to have a car because otherwise i cant drive around the country solving mysteries while being doggedly pursued by federal marshals for a crime i did not commit (9/11)

Ciaphas posted:

lol that anyone thinks elon will face any sort of justice

there is no such thing as justice and even if there was he's personally rich enough to gently caress off and disappear if he notices legal heat that he can't otherwise destroy by throwing other people's money at it

yeah, pretty much. :negative:

infernal machines
Oct 11, 2012

we monitor many frequencies. we listen always. came a voice, out of the babel of tongues, speaking to us. it played us a mighty dub.
john mcafee already exist tho.

they're going to have to have a highlander duel

Endless Mike
Aug 13, 2003

jonny 290 with a sick take

https://twitter.com/jonny290/status/1028486282643566592

Suspicious Dish
Sep 24, 2011

2020 is the year of linux on the desktop, bro
Fun Shoe
the front fell off

TerminalRaptor
Nov 6, 2012

Mostly Harmless

akadajet posted:

I'm dying

so's tesla

ol qwerty bastard
Dec 13, 2005

If you want something done, do it yourself!
lmao the model 3 is the F-22 of cars

infernal machines
Oct 11, 2012

we monitor many frequencies. we listen always. came a voice, out of the babel of tongues, speaking to us. it played us a mighty dub.

ol qwerty bastard posted:

has anyone crossed the international date line in a tesla yet?

ol qwerty bastard
Dec 13, 2005

If you want something done, do it yourself!
*model 3 drives into death valley and explodes*

*musk fans immediately begin typing out manuscripts about how it's not the fault of the batteries for overheating but actually the fault of the driver for taking the car into a location where the altitude is negative, which crashes the thermal management software*

infernal machines
Oct 11, 2012

musk fans nothing, tesla themselves would release that during the ntsb investigation

Agile Vector
May 21, 2007

scrum bored

i can see the headline now 'musk fans flame'

TerminalRaptor
Nov 6, 2012

Mostly Harmless
funky musk persists after tesla meltdown

Themage
Jul 21, 2010

by Nyc_Tattoo

but the f-22 goes fast

refleks
Nov 21, 2006

lmao at not just doing a loving u-turn right back to tesla with that piece of poo poo car missing a bumper...

PleasureKevin
Jan 2, 2011

it’s awesome that these flaws are being discovered so that future Tesla models can fix them. what, would you rather this doesn’t happen and that they never learn from the mistake? it just means revised Tesla’s will be even better now.

President Beep
Apr 30, 2009

i have to have a car because otherwise i cant drive around the country solving mysteries while being doggedly pursued by federal marshals for a crime i did not commit (9/11)

infernal machines posted:

john mcafee already exist tho.

they're going to have to have a highlander duel

this would be very cool.

fart simpson
Jul 2, 2005

DEATH TO AMERICA
:xickos:

lol im dying

OJ MIST 2 THE DICK
Sep 11, 2008

Anytime I need to see your face I just close my eyes
And I am taken to a place
Where your crystal minds and magenta feelings
Take up shelter in the base of my spine
Sweet like a chica cherry cola

-Cheap Trick

Nap Ghost
https://twitter.com/Benj1Franks/status/1028460160375836672

Bloody
Mar 3, 2013

got mud flaps wrong

Fuzzy Mammal
Aug 15, 2001

Lipstick Apathy
am i crazy or is it simply unremarkable the dude is waiting over a year for a repair.

PleasureKevin
Jan 2, 2011

$2 billion from Saudis

https://www.bloomberg.com/news/articles/2018-08-12/saudi-fund-is-said-to-be-in-talks-to-invest-in-tesla-buyout-deal

Farmer Crack-Ass
Jan 2, 2001

this is me posting irl

F-22 actually is a good plane, maybe you're thinking the F-35?

Jonny 290
May 5, 2005

[ASK] me about OS/2 Warp

Fuzzy Mammal posted:

am i crazy or is it simply unremarkable the dude is waiting over a year for a repair.

what do you mean? "is this par for the course for tesla"? or "would any other marque allow somebody to go over a year without a repair" the answers are yes and no

PIZZA.BAT
Nov 12, 2016

:cheers:

‘in talks’ = funding secured

akadajet
Sep 14, 2003

i wish somebody would secure elon some jail time

OJ MIST 2 THE DICK
Sep 11, 2008

-Cheap Trick

Nap Ghost

Fuzzy Mammal posted:

the entire tesla parts supply chain and employees base have been diverted to meet the 5k a month quotas

Ciaphas
Nov 20, 2005

> BEWARE, COWARD :ovr:

exploded mummy posted:

the entire tesla parts supply chain and employees base have been diverted to meet the 5k a month quotas

and as the lovely cars start getting called in tesla will find itself mysteriously far behind and in a negative news light, i hope

i'm so sad about this because even as little as two or three years ago i bought in to the musk glamour and even when it wore off i still thought the model 3 might be a good car that gets EVs more popularized

shows what I know

TerminalRaptor
Nov 6, 2012

Mostly Harmless

Ciaphas posted:

i'm so sad about this because even as little as two or three years ago i bought in to the musk glamour and even when it wore off i still thought the model 3 might be a good car that gets EVs more popularized

shows what I know

Same op

the talent deficit
Dec 20, 2003

self-deprecation is a very british trait, and problems can arise when the british attempt to do so with a foreign culture

Farmer Crack-rear end posted:

F-22 actually is a good plane, maybe you're thinking the F-35?

the f-22 anti radar paint coating needs to be replaced after 15 minutes in the air

NoneMoreNegative
Jul 20, 2000
GOTH FASCISTIC
PAIN
MASTER

shit wizard dad

the talent deficit posted:

the f-22 anti radar paint coating needs to be replaced after 15 minutes in the air

an extra half-billion per plane for an R2 unit with a long paint roller arm

ADINSX
Sep 9, 2003

Wanna run with my crew huh? Rule cyberspace and crunch numbers like I do?

Thats pretty interesting, what happens to it? Does UV light ruin it or does it flake off or something?

How much does it cost to just paint the aircraft every time it needs to fly a real mission?

OJ MIST 2 THE DICK
Sep 11, 2008

-Cheap Trick

Nap Ghost

ADINSX posted:

Thats pretty interesting, what happens to it? Does UV light ruin it or does it flake off or something?

How much does it cost to just paint the aircraft every time it needs to fly a real mission?

liquefies

Sagebrush
Feb 26, 2012

ADINSX posted:

that's not what happens to it

the paint does need more maintenance than on older aircraft because it's full of iron nanoparticles and poo poo that doesn't really make for very durable paint in the first place, and if it starts flaking off the plane will be more visible to radar. that's the nature of stealth aircraft.

there was a thing with the b-2 where early versions of the RAM paint would wear away quickly when getting blasted with raindrops at 500mph, which is the source of the "paint melts off in the rain" story.

Powerful Two-Hander
Mar 10, 2004

Mods please change my name to "Tooter Skeleton" TIA.

Rex-Goliath posted:

‘in talks’ = funding secured

it's like an inverse Lionel hutz, going from "in talks? No, funding secured! " to "in talks, no funding secured"

Powerful Two-Hander
Mar 10, 2004

Mods please change my name to "Tooter Skeleton" TIA.

also what the gently caress is going on in that "I hit a small pot hole" picture? sure they're shoddily made but that's some crash test dummies toy poo poo where you tap the wheel and the car explodes

Those things ruled now I think of it.

Zamujasa
Oct 27, 2010

Bread Liar
#devastated

Dixie Cretin Seaman
Jan 22, 2008

all hat and one catte
Hot Rope Guy

build the aircraft with a russian nesting doll of anti-radar-painted shells that it sheds at a rate of 4 per hour

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Jonny 290
May 5, 2005

[ASK] me about OS/2 Warp
ablative radar countermeasures lmfao