Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
N. Senada
May 17, 2011

My kidneys are busted
Cops have surrounded my building. The guy two floors above me apparently has a warrant out. At least 6cops with guns pointing at his door

I’m in a corner of a room with my spouse hoping we don’t get caught in the crossfire. Wish me luck.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

N. Senada
May 17, 2011

My kidneys are busted
Whoops, meant to post in GBS

N. Senada
May 17, 2011

My kidneys are busted
Phone posting, how do I upload photos on mobile?

Who What Now
Sep 10, 2006

by Azathoth
I know when I'm in mortal danger my first thought is "wait'll the goons hear about this!"

N. Senada
May 17, 2011

My kidneys are busted
We all process trauma differently

1stGear
Jan 16, 2010

Here's to the new us.
PYF time you were in a hostage situation

N. Senada
May 17, 2011

My kidneys are busted
Guy jumped from the third floor onto our ground level patio. Broke something and an ambulance is taking him away.

Danaru
Jun 5, 2012

何 ??

N. Senada posted:

Guy jumped from the third floor onto our ground level patio. Broke something and an ambulance is taking him away.

Hey technically your patio took out the gunman, congrats :toot:

N. Senada
May 17, 2011

My kidneys are busted
I’m not the hero they want, but the apt owner they need

chernobyl kinsman
Mar 18, 2007

a friend of the friendly atom

Soiled Meat
post pics

N. Senada
May 17, 2011

My kidneys are busted

N. Senada has a new favorite as of 20:13 on Aug 12, 2018

N. Senada
May 17, 2011

My kidneys are busted

Applesnots
Oct 22, 2010

MERRY YOBMAS

Well thats pretty neato.

shame on an IGA
Apr 8, 2005

Three Olives posted:

This wouldn't have happened if you had a condo, peasant.

autism ZX spectrum
Feb 8, 2007

by Lowtax
Fun Shoe
The only thing that can stop a bad guy with a gun is a good guy with a patio

SulfurMonoxideCute
Feb 9, 2008

I was under direct orders not to die
🐵❌💀

Your patio is a hero. It should get a medal.

DarklyDreaming
Apr 4, 2009

Fun scary

1stGear posted:

So about three years ago my street got blockaded because someone three houses down probably killed his wife. When the cops showed up to serve his arrest warrant he had anticipated this and set up barricades and taken his neighbor hostage. We were all given strict orders not to leave our houses until the all clear was given six hours later, during this time it was impossible to hear anything except the helicopters (Both SWAT and local news) and the back and forth between the hostage negotiator and the suspect. It was more tedious than frightening but the thought of getting hit by a stray bullet did stay at the front of my mind.

So thanks N. Senada for empowering me to talk about this :v:

Feb 2, 2016

by R. Guyovich
Once I mistimed the start of an event and was stuck alone for 3 hours in the middle of nowhere with an old man that was one of those "Discovered Jesus and wants to do nothing else but talk about It" types.

Varsity
Jun 4, 2006

GBS used to be not horrible less lovely.

Aesop Poprock
Oct 21, 2008

Grimey Drawer

Varsity posted:

GBS used to be not horrible less lovely.

I staunchly disagree

du -hast
Mar 12, 2003

BEHEAD THOSE WHO INSULT GENTOO
Goldmine thread immediately imo

Untrustable
Mar 17, 2009

du -hast posted:

Goldmine thread immediately imo

Snowglobe of Doom
Mar 30, 2012

sucks to be right

1stGear posted:

One time I wanted to buy a a bag of cheetohs from the shop but my neighbour was working on his front garden and I didn't want to talk to him so I had to wait 3 hours until he went inside

Maximum Sexy Pigeon
Jun 5, 2008

We must never speak of this!
I am glad this had a happy ending.

Punished Chuck
Dec 27, 2010

Snowglobe of Doom posted:

One time I wanted to buy a a bag of cheetohs from the shop but my neighbour was working on his front garden and I didn't want to talk to him so I had to wait 3 hours until he went inside

Situations like these are exactly what pocket sand was made for

yeah I eat ass
Mar 14, 2005

only people who enjoy my posting can replace this avatar

Snowglobe of Doom posted:

I called in sick from work once because my landlord was working on his car for several hours and I owed him like 100 euro that I didn't have and didn't want to talk about it again. I thought about leaving through the window but there wouldn't be a way to close it from the outside.

pseudorandom
Jun 16, 2010

Yam Slacker
PYF: Point-of-impact

Spanish Manlove
Aug 31, 2008

HAILGAYSATAN
flirt with the cops and see if you can date one of them

N. Senada
May 17, 2011

My kidneys are busted

DarklyDreaming posted:

It was more tedious than frightening but the thought of getting hit by a stray bullet did stay at the front of my mind.

I felt similarly. I was super worried that the guy would jump onto the ground floor and break into our apartment and try to hide out here. And I was also afraid the cops might open fire and just shoot into our apartment to get him.

Classic good news bad news scenario. He did jump but he did break his leg.

Officer called to ask me questions and he told me that the car the guy’d been fixing he was going to drive to Arizona because they don’t extradite? I’m very tired today and kinda freaking out about stuff. OH WELL

N. Senada
May 17, 2011

My kidneys are busted

Out of frame is my spouse sitting on the floor.

Former DILF
Jul 13, 2017

I’m also too poor to afford chairs

Fagmaster
Aug 21, 2004

That guy with a gun got owned, lamao.

rekt

ShortyMR.CAT
Sep 25, 2008

:blastu::dogcited:
Lipstick Apathy
:five:

Fhistleb
Dec 31, 2008

Tell me more about your sandwiches.
You should have rubbed your rear end on the glass while the cops were trying to concentrate on a volatile situation.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

JEEVES420
Feb 16, 2005

The world is a mess... and I just need to rule it

1stGear posted:

Bought a house and a month later someone would not stop banging on my door. I peaked out the blinds to a cop in tac gear pointing a gun and yelling at me to open the door. I opened the door to a bunch of guns and tasers pointed at me. They kept asking about some guy that I didn't know and then asked why I was acting nervous. When I told them I just bought the house and that I didn't think they were here to welcome me to the neighborhood they lightened up some and put their guns away. They still searched my house and told me the previous owner was a drug dealer who had been spotted on the street earlier that morning.

Later when I guess they caught the guy I got a visit from the County Sheriffs looking to cease the house for being purchased with drug money.

It all worked out in the end and they didn't shoot my dogs or me and I still have the house.

• Locked thread