Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

I Am Just a Box
Jul 20, 2011
I belong here. I contain only inanimate objects. Nothing is amiss.

guppy posted:

While I'm asking, is there anything at all I can do in Ancient Chaos via Corridor of Blood? I've never found another entrance, I have only killed 4 guardians (Fafnir, Vritra, Jormungand, Kujata) still. I've found more areas but I'm still struggling to make big strides in progress.

Not until you kill more guardians.

John Lee posted:

Basically, I don't really wants hints as such, but what if any of these bizarre occurrences are bugs, and can they be fixed?

I strongly suspect the first one is a bug, and I am 100% certain the second is. It is the most infamous bug introduced by the 1.1.1.2 patch and appears inescapable until they patch the game again and fix it.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Verviticus
Mar 13, 2006

I'm just a total piece of shit and I'm not sure why I keep posting on this site. Christ, I have spent years with idiots giving me bad advice about online dating and haven't noticed that the thread I'm in selects for people that can't talk to people worth a damn.
griffins bugged. you cant kill it and move forward. i dont know what implications this has on completing the game but you cant get the chest right now

the real question: wait, there's another solution to that puzzle? i also just ran really fast down the ladders to the left

John Lee
Mar 2, 2013

A time traveling adventure everyone can enjoy

Verviticus posted:

griffins bugged. you cant kill it and move forward. i dont know what implications this has on completing the game but you cant get the chest right now

the real question: wait, there's another solution to that puzzle? i also just ran really fast down the ladders to the left

Yeah, if you use the Gale Fibula from the platform in the room to the left and jump over the gap, running at full speed into the griffin-statue room will let you pass under it. Then you can move to the lower section and hit the weight platform.

No Mods No Masters
Oct 3, 2004

It's cool that the game is now more broken than it was when it launched. I guess at least the final boss has more than 50 hp now?

Sockser
Jun 28, 2007

This world only remembers the results!

Someone hint me up

Three guardians down, Five Mantras, two sigils, got the grapple claw and the power glove and the fast run thing

I have no idea where to go. Everything I can access from the corridor of blood seems to really kick my rear end real quick, I can't find anything left to do in Valhalla or the Immortal Battleground or the Tomb of the Frost Giants, feels like I'm probably missing something obvious

e:: oh gently caress I missed a very obvious ladder in Immortal Battleground

e2: welp, that just got me the totem pole and now I'm stuck again

Sockser fucked around with this message at 02:23 on Aug 13, 2018

Sacrificial Toast
Nov 5, 2009

Sockser posted:

Someone hint me up

Three guardians down, Five Mantras, two sigils, got the grapple claw and the power glove and the fast run thing

I have no idea where to go. Everything I can access from the corridor of blood seems to really kick my rear end real quick, I can't find anything left to do in Valhalla or the Immortal Battleground or the Tomb of the Frost Giants, feels like I'm probably missing something obvious

Have you been everywhere you can go from the Roots?

The Lemondrop Dandy
Jun 7, 2007

If my memory serves me correctly...

Wedge Regret

Sockser posted:

Someone hint me up

have you been to an topsy-turvy place? look for a strange platform that you likely triggered a screen or two above the grail tablet in immortal battleground (on the right side)

Sockser
Jun 28, 2007

This world only remembers the results!

The Lemondrop Dandy posted:

have you been to an topsy-turvy place? look for a strange platform that you likely triggered a screen or two above the grail tablet in immortal battleground (on the right side)

Naturally I never thought to huck shurikens from that platform

e: getting crushed by the same vase three times is great and fun

Sockser fucked around with this message at 03:09 on Aug 13, 2018

XavierGenisi
Nov 7, 2009

:dukedog:

No Mods No Masters posted:

It's cool that the game is now more broken than it was when it launched. I guess at least the final boss has more than 50 hp now?

It legit sucks a big one that some really bad glitches cropped up, but giving the final boss some actual health pretty much fixed the whole fight, turning it from “pretty much a gimmie fight once you got it” to “actually giving a genuine challenge”

Justin_Brett
Oct 23, 2012

GAMERDOME put down LOSER
Underworld is tedious bullshit. I just want to get the actual puzzles, not spend minutes every room dodging enemies.

I'm not even sure if I can do anything here but it's this or wander around for hours checking every area.

Justin_Brett fucked around with this message at 03:26 on Aug 13, 2018

moller
Jan 10, 2007

Swan stole my music and framed me!
So i thought I had wrangled the controls into a usable state on my ds4 by ignoring the trigger buttons and using the menu to switch primary/secondary. Then I got the knife and discovered that up on the dpad was both up and next weapon. If I try to set the triggers to anything they either give me an error or act like I'm holding a direction until I reset.

I'm fairly sure the problem with r2/l2 is related to them being detected as an axis rather than buttons, and I have no idea what the problem with L1/R1 is. La Mulana 1 works fine. Anything I can do at this point? I'm on a mac so keyboard mapping is less of an easy option.

Also, R1 always looks up. Huh.

Edit: and dpad up sends r1/right when I'm in the inventory menu. And I can't map the share button.

McFrugal
Oct 11, 2003
Okay so if you get the 40 Nepur visits achievement and visit an area, it automatically uses your key credit on whatever chest is in that area. Be sure you know which costume you want before you go anywhere!
Oh and it's tied to your account, not your save game, so you can't load an earlier save to pick a different chest.

Verviticus
Mar 13, 2006

I'm just a total piece of shit and I'm not sure why I keep posting on this site. Christ, I have spent years with idiots giving me bad advice about online dating and haven't noticed that the thread I'm in selects for people that can't talk to people worth a damn.

Sockser posted:

Naturally I never thought to huck shurikens from that platform

e: getting crushed by the same vase three times is great and fun

the cool thing is that theres a tablet that literally draws this out flawlessly. i found it AFTER finding the entrance and went "oh.. i should probably be taking pictures of all of these diagrams huh"

Arbitrary Number
Nov 10, 2012

McFrugal posted:

Okay so if you get the 40 Nepur visits achievement and visit an area, it automatically uses your key credit on whatever chest is in that area. Be sure you know which costume you want before you go anywhere!
Oh and it's tied to your account, not your save game, so you can't load an earlier save to pick a different chest.

It only uses the key if you collect the costume. Until then all costume chests can be opened.

Afaik the other keys are unlocked by completing the game, getting all treasures, and completing the glossary. And currently completing the glossary is impossible.

McFrugal
Oct 11, 2003

Arbitrary Number posted:

It only uses the key if you collect the costume. Until then all costume chests can be opened.

Afaik the other keys are unlocked by completing the game, getting all treasures, and completing the glossary. And currently completing the glossary is impossible.

Oh well then I guess just make sure you know which chest to open before you open any.

temple
Jul 29, 2006

I have actual skeletons in my closet
has anyone gotten the Nemean Fur post patch? isn't it in the hall of malice? what screen is the chest on?
nvm

temple fucked around with this message at 08:48 on Aug 13, 2018

GameSaver
Feb 18, 2013
Finally finished La-Mulana 2, was really great to get to play through the whole thing blind, even if a stupid bug killed 20 hours of progress the first time through. A couple puzzles were kinda iffy and the bugs grind at the edges of gameplay sometimes. Also kinda came off feeling like there was just a little bit more I was missing, even though there wasn't at all, very odd.

GameSaver fucked around with this message at 09:28 on Aug 13, 2018

Neutral Zone Trap
Nov 6, 2011

It's in the garbage. Where it belongs.

Amppelix posted:

^^They be talking about the pyramid

There's a few tablets concerning the footprints in the underworld. I was able to figure out the solution by just staring at them (and then the footprints, of course).

Thanks, but I’ve been there a ton but guess I’ll check again... eh?

Wait. What the gently caress. Have I completely lost it or did that tablet about Maat’s Judgement have a different symbol earlier? Like a triangle thing?

Pretty sure I would’ve recognized that because I have them all screenshotted and referenced with the tablet texts. that symbol is dubbed ”spikes” in my notes.

Did it change after I got Maat’s thing?

Or maybe the game has finally succeeded in driving me insane

lets hang out
Jan 10, 2015

Does seem like they changed the symbol in the patch. Not sure how effective a hint it is being attached to a mostly unrelated tablet.

Amppelix
Aug 6, 2010

lets hang out posted:

Does seem like they changed the symbol in the patch. Not sure how effective a hint it is being attached to a mostly unrelated tablet.
Well, it sure worked for me. I tried forever using the symbol somehow in the combination needed for the judgement room, and when it turned out to have absolutely nothing to do with the actual solution, I then immediately tried variations of using it first when it came time to try and open the pyramid (after trying all the old combinations). It was literally the only hint I'd gotten regarding the footprints that hadn't been used yet. And wouldn't you know it, totally worked.

lets hang out
Jan 10, 2015

Oh well there you go

Arbitrary Number
Nov 10, 2012

McFrugal posted:

Oh well then I guess just make sure you know which chest to open before you open any.

No opening the chest doesn't use a key, it's collecting the costume that permanently unlocks it for your account. But still, you can't see how the costume would look on lumisa without actually wearing it.

Cirina
Feb 15, 2013

Operation complete.
Beat the game yesterday, after almost 36 hours of playtime. I did get some help from another player of the game in a couple spots gently caress that last anubis riddle, even with being given a hint by them I still only realized what I had to hit by pure luck but for the most part I figured everything out on my own. At least when I play through it again for hard mode/no subweapons on guardians I'll already know all the puzzle solutions so I can get through it much faster. A shame there's a few glossary entries bugged and the latest update introduced further bugs so it may not be entirely completable now.

Hyper Crab Tank
Feb 10, 2014

The 16-bit retro-future of crustacean-based transportation

Eopia posted:

A shame there's a few glossary entries bugged and the latest update introduced further bugs so it may not be entirely completable now.

The game seems to be completable in the sense that you can reach the ending still, but man, it's real tough in places without the Perfume and upgraded tablet.

temple
Jul 29, 2006

the echidna boss fight embodies everything wrong with this game

Neutral Zone Trap
Nov 6, 2011

Did I just soft lock the stupid game.

I boarded the spiral boat. Walked to the final door and had a chat with the duo. Opened the door with a mantra and teleported to heal because I had 40 hp.

I can't enter the door now after returning.

lets hang out
Jan 10, 2015

Have you actually done every step in the prophecies

Evil Eagle
Nov 5, 2009

Neutral Zone Trap posted:

Did I just soft lock the stupid game.

I boarded the spiral boat. Walked to the final door and had a chat with the duo. Opened the door with a mantra and teleported to heal because I had 40 hp.

I can't enter the door now after returning.

No, but you did miss out on an important conversation with Fobos. It was basically You can't enter the door? Don't you have the Secret Treasure of La-Mulana?

Neutral Zone Trap
Nov 6, 2011

Right. Right.

I need to calm down and read things.

I did try to rechat him but he just told me to prepare.

At least it was in a logical place and I'm in now.

Amppelix
Aug 6, 2010

temple posted:

the echidna boss fight embodies everything wrong with this game

Do you have the axe

use the axe and flares

and i though there are far worse bosses. she doesn't fill the screen with projectiles or require inhuman reflexes to dodge or assault you with random luck-based bullshit or go on forever

I think the worst bosses by far are the ones with the capability to instakill you. That just shouldn't happen.

Elman
Oct 26, 2009

I've tried really hard not to look at this thread while playing, but I have a couple of questions:

I flooded this area of the Endless Battlefield before finding this button, and now it's underwater and I can't press it. Is that a big deal? Can I stop the water somehow?

Also I remember reading about people running into game-ruining bugs soon after the game came out. Is that still a problem?

temple
Jul 29, 2006

Elman posted:

I've tried really hard not to look at this thread while playing, but I have a couple of questions:

I flooded this area of the Endless Battlefield before finding this button, and now it's underwater and I can't press it. Is that a big deal? Can I stop the water somehow?

Also I remember reading about people running into game-ruining bugs soon after the game came out. Is that still a problem?

keep playing. you will come back later

Suspicious Dish
Sep 24, 2011

2020 is the year of linux on the desktop, bro
Fun Shoe
(Icefire) Surtr was bullshit until I learned how to manipulate the attack they do, and also learned to just bring a heals fairy.

I wish the weapon fairy wasn't completely useless in this game. Between softlocking, not doing any damage late-game, and attacking things that are not enemies (like rocks and tablets).

temple
Jul 29, 2006

Amppelix posted:

Do you have the axe

use the axe and flares

and i though there are far worse bosses. she doesn't fill the screen with projectiles or require inhuman reflexes to dodge or assault you with random luck-based bullshit or go on forever

I think the worst bosses by far are the ones with the capability to instakill you. That just shouldn't happen.

i have the axe. i can kill her but let me kill the turrets at least! stuff like that is why I think its just dumb hard, not fun hard.

Amppelix
Aug 6, 2010

The turrets fire in a very easily read pattern, i don't think they're too bullshit

a bit bullshit, but not too bullshit.

XavierGenisi
Nov 7, 2009

:dukedog:

Echidna is definitely one of the weaker bosses. The turrets, you can deal with, but they still kinda suck and it’s tricky to hit the boss with normal attacks. Flares really great though.

Surtr on the other hand, is just bad. It’s an interesting idea, but this boss really needed a lot more redesigns because it suuuuuucks.

corn in the bible
Jun 5, 2004

Oh no oh god it's all true!

Suspicious Dish posted:

(Icefire) Surtr was bullshit until I learned how to manipulate the attack they do, and also learned to just bring a heals fairy.

I wish the weapon fairy wasn't completely useless in this game. Between softlocking, not doing any damage late-game, and attacking things that are not enemies (like rocks and tablets).

She did insane amounts of damage late-game before the patch. They overcompensated, but she killed the first three phases of the final boss for me by herself so I guess she was a little much yeah

FrickenMoron
May 6, 2009

Good game!
How do i get to the tablets in Eternal Prison? I'm sick of constantly re-entering via the corridor.

Suspicious Dish
Sep 24, 2011

2020 is the year of linux on the desktop, bro
Fun Shoe

FrickenMoron posted:

How do i get to the tablets in Eternal Prison? I'm sick of constantly re-entering via the corridor.

You can only access one right now.

You can only access the one in Eternal Prison - Gloom right now.

It's at the top of the stage. Just climb up.

You need to cross the River Styx. Talk to Charon to do it.

You need to have exactly one gold piece for him to ferry you across. Go in with one piece, use room transitions to despawn gold or wait for them to go away, and don't hit more pots or enemies from close up as far as you can help it.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

SettingSun
Aug 10, 2013

Did anyone else notice there aren't any 4th children anywhere? This lends a lot of credibility to some of the unused things datamined out of the game about what might come up as DLC.