Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Dsmif
Sep 4, 2014

The text on tapes 1 and 2 is upside down compared to the others.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Horace Kinch
Aug 15, 2007

This building sits right across from one of my favorite restaurants. I see it all the time going to/from work.

voiceless anal fricative
May 6, 2007

Dsmif posted:

The text on tapes 1 and 2 is upside down compared to the others.

I think he's pointing out that the letters aren't an anagram of Hitchcock, suggesting a photoshop or something.

Dsmif
Sep 4, 2014

bike tory posted:

I think he's pointing out that the letters aren't an anagram of Hitchcock, suggesting a photoshop or something.

Yeah I get that, the upside down text on the titles may mean that those 2 tapes are back to front which is why there is no H and 2 K's.

voiceless anal fricative
May 6, 2007

Dsmif posted:

Yeah I get that, the upside down text on the titles may mean that those 2 tapes are back to front which is why there is no H and 2 K's.

Oh I see what you're saying. That's a weirdly designed VHS case if so.

coolskull
Nov 11, 2007

Jamesman posted:

You could just take it at face value and find it funny how one Twix is longer than the other for seemingly no good reason. I get that there's more to take away from that picture, but I just thought it was funny without that. But I'll try to post images that aren't racially suggestive in the future. :)

lol you post some basic rear end racist poo poo, try to play innocent, then get mad about the blandest poster in the thread. how about you think about your own miserable life before railing against the Tapioca of Posting.

Proteus Jones
Feb 28, 2013

bike tory posted:

That would work, so then if you had it lined up on one side it would be lined up correct on the other. In other words, you would be able to read “HITCHCOCK” on both sides.

Dsmif
Sep 4, 2014

bike tory posted:

I was thinking they where that type of sleeve cover where the VHS slides out the bottom rather than the side.

DiggityDoink
Dec 9, 2007

Proteus Jones posted:

That would work, so then if you had it lined up on one side it would be lined up correct on the other. In other words, you would be able to read HITCHCOCK on both sides.

This looks to be the correct answer, look how the titles for tapes 1 and 2 are facing the opposite direction.

Buckets
Apr 10, 2009

...THE CHILD...

I didn't know they did another remake of The Prisoner, looks good.

chitoryu12
Apr 24, 2014

trickybiscuits
Jan 13, 2008

yospos
Fan art is fun art!

Marvel

Game of Thrones

Mad Men

extra Rocket

Double Bill
Jan 29, 2006

These are fake 110% of the time.

Karate Bastard
Jul 31, 2007

Soiled Meat

Proteus Jones posted:

That would work, so then if you had it lined up on one side it would be lined up correct on the other. In other words, you would be able to read “HITCHCOCK” on both sides.

Wow that's amazing, so you can read "HITCHCOCK" also from inside the bookcase that's some galaxy brain thinking right there

Phlegmish
Jul 2, 2011

Double Bill posted:

That's the joke, yes

Knormal
Nov 11, 2001

Still more useful than "Heart".

voiceless anal fricative
May 6, 2007

Double Bill posted:

We had a massive derail when the olive garden ones got posted too. Let's just get it out of the way, it went something like this from various posters:

quote:

-These are fake!!!!

-Only partially, they have human guidance. Here's a link to someone discussing how they're made and a tool that lets you make them too.

-No these ones are fully fabricated

-omg you guys are so gullible

-There aren't even 10 hours of olive garden commercials, let alone 1000. These are definitely fake.

-Yeah the guys whole shtick is that he writes these to be funny.

-oh ok they're still funny and belong in this thread

-NO they don't they're dumb and fake!!!!!!

-[some mod] ok let's end this lovely derail and move on

Ok let's move on. They're funny.

Potato Salad
Oct 23, 2014

nobody cares

Knormal posted:

Still more useful than "Heart".

iirc the heart guy could send elephants after your rear end

Milo and POTUS
Sep 3, 2017

I will not shut up about the Mighty Morphin Power Rangers. I talk about them all the time and work them into every conversation I have. I built a shrine in my room for the yellow one who died because sadly no one noticed because she died around 9/11. Wanna see it?

Potato Salad posted:

iirc the heart guy could send elephants after your rear end

Please don't slander the GOP :smug:

Potato Salad
Oct 23, 2014

nobody cares

poo poo, my apologies for implying that love could have any effect whatsoever on the GOP.

Jamesman
Nov 19, 2004

"First off, let me start by saying curly light blond hair does not suit Hyomin at all. Furthermore,"
Fun Shoe

LOVE LOVE SKELETON posted:

lol you post some basic rear end racist poo poo, try to play innocent, then get mad about the blandest poster in the thread. how about you think about your own miserable life before railing against the Tapioca of Posting.

Milo and POTUS
Sep 3, 2017

I will not shut up about the Mighty Morphin Power Rangers. I talk about them all the time and work them into every conversation I have. I built a shrine in my room for the yellow one who died because sadly no one noticed because she died around 9/11. Wanna see it?
Wait till he gets a load of the white and black seas. Yeesh.

Jamesman
Nov 19, 2004

"First off, let me start by saying curly light blond hair does not suit Hyomin at all. Furthermore,"
Fun Shoe

Milo and POTUS posted:

Wait till he gets a load of the white and black seas. Yeesh.

EmmyOk
Aug 11, 2013

My ma will occasionally buy me a tshirt with something like this on it. I always wear them a few times so she doesn’t feel bad before sticking it at the back of a wardrobe

voiceless anal fricative
May 6, 2007

EmmyOk posted:

My ma will occasionally buy me a tshirt with something like this on it. I always wear them a few times so she doesn’t feel bad before sticking it at the back of a wardrobe

Ya I posted it because it's the sort of poo poo that my mother still buys me, an adult, no longer even in his 20s, with child(ren) of his own.

voiceless anal fricative has a new favorite as of 07:45 on Aug 13, 2018

Memento
Aug 25, 2009

Bleak Gremlin

I'd drink a beer with the old coots, you might get some advice on tying fishing lures or something.

https://i.imgur.com/EZIdVQa.mp4

Milo and POTUS
Sep 3, 2017

EmmyOk posted:

Donate it to a goodwill or something. Give it to a homeless person, idk.

incoherent light
Aug 15, 2014

bike tory posted:

We had a massive derail when the olive garden ones got posted too. Let's just get it out of the way, it went something like this from various posters:

Ok let's move on. They're funny.

is it funny if it's the exact same sort of attention grabbing garbage that you see in the stdh thread?

Karate Bastard
Jul 31, 2007

Soiled Meat

bike tory posted:

Ya I posted it because it's the sort of poo poo that my mother still buys me, an adult, no longer even in his 20s, with child(ren) of his own.

Oh man that sucks. Imagine getting owned that hard by your own mother.

Karate Bastard has a new favorite as of 11:20 on Aug 13, 2018

Phlegmish
Jul 2, 2011

Son I know you have a wife and kids now, but to me you'll always be a moody teenage video game nerd

Snowglobe of Doom
Mar 30, 2012

sucks to be right

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7ydBgdL5R08

Nuebot
Feb 18, 2013

The developer of Brigador is a secret chud, don't give him money

Memento posted:

I'd drink a beer with the old coots, you might get some advice on tying fishing lures or something.

This turtle must be pissed. It found the biggest god drat grape in the world and it keeps escaping.

EmmyOk
Aug 11, 2013

Milo and POTUS posted:

Donate it to a goodwill or something. Give it to a homeless person, idk.

It usually goes to a clothes bank or charity shop when I donate my excess clothes every few months yeah

Phanatic
Mar 13, 2007

Please don't forget that I am an extremely racist idiot who also has terrible opinions about the Culture series.

Facebook Aunt
Oct 4, 2008

wiggle wiggle

Memento posted:

No matter what they are doing these seem like the least efficient animal ever. So much limb flopping for so little movement. When eating it seems to take several big air chomps before they manage to get anything in their mouths. What is even going on with these guys?

Ghost Leviathan
Mar 2, 2017

Exploration is ill-advised.

Facebook Aunt posted:

No matter what they are doing these seem like the least efficient animal ever. So much limb flopping for so little movement. When eating it seems to take several big air chomps before they manage to get anything in their mouths. What is even going on with these guys?

Tank build.

Bolivar
Aug 20, 2011

Turtles live up to 100+ years so...yeah...nature is funny :regd09:

Rysithusiku
Nov 10, 2013

Witness the assless man and despair!
All futures point to a world of filled holes.
Charles Darwin's pet turtle died in like 2013 I think? and it was already fully grown when he picked it up.

Bloody Hedgehog
Dec 12, 2003

💥💥🤯💥💥
Gotta nuke something

Phlegmish posted:

Son I know you have a wife and kids now, but to me you'll always be a moody teenage video game nerd

My dad still asks if I've "played any new nintenno games lately.

Despite the fact I haven't owned a Nintendo system since the SNES, and not even a console since the early days of the XBox 360.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Brewmaster
Dec 10, 2007

Hi! I'm awkward.

Rysithusiku posted:

Charles Darwin's pet turtle died in like 2013 I think? and it was already fully grown when he picked it up.

I had to look this up because I was like "no god drat way is that true" but drat you were right. It was technically 2006 but whatever. Holy poo poo tortoises live for a long time.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Harriet_(tortoise)