Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

GEORGE W BUSHI
Jul 1, 2012

https://twitter.com/ATVS_JakeNazar/status/1028561540323176448

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

UltimoDragonQuest
Oct 5, 2011

That's a fair take. I liked Charlton but he spoke so infrequently that they would have been fine using him as a research guy passing notes to the commentary team.

GEORGE W BUSHI
Jul 1, 2012

UltimoDragonQuest posted:

That's a fair take. I liked Charlton but he spoke so infrequently that they would have been fine using him as a research guy passing notes to the commentary team.

Charlton's translations were excellent compared to Jango's and he did a good job explaining the context of the building and match ups. Even if your problem is that he spoke too little, that's not a reason to mute the commentary.

Gumball Gumption
Jan 7, 2012

That guys has a lot of opinions

https://twitter.com/ATVS_JakeNazar/status/1028899550797459457

Mel Mudkiper
Jan 19, 2012

At this point, Mudman abruptly ends the conversation. He usually insists on the last word.
that convoluted as gently caress series of descriptions is why twitter should go back to 140

Chris James 2
Aug 9, 2012

All the Naito fans are upset that it's very likely his best-case for WK is yet again settling for being in the second or third most important match of the show

coconono
Aug 11, 2004

KISS ME KRIS

maybe they should stop stanning for the 2nd or 3rd best wrestler in the company

Joey McChrist
Aug 8, 2005

Chris James 2 posted:

All the Naito fans are upset that it's very likely his best-case for WK is yet again settling for being in the second or third most important match of the show

https://twitter.com/zacksabrejr/status/1028292633364320256

Your Parents
Jul 19, 2017

by R. Guyovich

Chris James 2 posted:

Naito is beating Tana for the briefcase in a future six star classic so I'm not upset at all!

Rarity
Oct 21, 2010

~*4 LIFE*~

GEORGE W BUSHI posted:

Charlton's translations were excellent compared to Jango's and he did a good job explaining the context of the building and match ups. Even if your problem is that he spoke too little, that's not a reason to mute the commentary.

On Jango's last show the whole crowd were chanting at Yano so Kevin asked Jango for a translation and his response "what's this about now?" :ughh:

Genericide
Jan 20, 2004

Charlton's book Lion's Pride has helped me feel like less of a novice about njpw

GEORGE W BUSHI
Jul 1, 2012

Rarity posted:

On Jango's last show the whole crowd were chanting at Yano so Kevin asked Jango for a translation and his response "what's this about now?" :ughh:

It was "kaere" as well which Kevin even knows because of the Taichi chant and he was throwing Jango the softest of softballs. It feels pretty obvious that Kevin prefers working with Charlton though

Benne
Sep 2, 2011

STOP DOING HEROIN
Jake Nazar is a loving moron

ShootaBoy
Jan 6, 2010

Anime is Bad.
Except for Pokemon, Valkyria Chronicles and 100% OJ.

GEORGE W BUSHI posted:

Charlton is the brit or possibly New Zealander guy that helped on commentary for the final, yeah? Cause with the G1 as my first major bloc of NJPW content, I like him more than the other guy I've heard that tries to translate Japanese.

SamuraiFoochs
Jan 16, 2007

Grimey Drawer

Mel Mudkiper posted:

I actually got frustrated trying to fit those lyrics into the melody of all star

Like, actually angry

Same. It's brain bending.

DarkstarIV
Apr 6, 2010

OFFICIAL RACIST
https://twitter.com/fanfiction_txt/status/1029087392798453761

Fanfiction is scary.

Gonzo McFee
Jun 19, 2010

Lemongrab X Roman Reigns an erotic thriller.

DarkstarIV
Apr 6, 2010

OFFICIAL RACIST
Too lazy to take a screengrab right now, but there are people out there who think because Asuka hasn't tweeted in almost a week on social media, that she really did get into an altercation with management backstage. Please disregard the fact that she has followed and unfollowed various accounts over this weekend alone.

:psyduck:

I guess its unrealistic for wrestlers/celebrities to want to take a break from social media. Especially since Asuka, Kairi, (and eventually Io) seem to get some really heinous poo poo tweeted at them from time to time.

SyntheticPolygon
Dec 20, 2013

I like that all he can say about Okada is that he is a jerk but only when in character and also he's tall.

coconono
Aug 11, 2004

KISS ME KRIS

people really take that follow/unfollow stuff super seriously.

She's probably swapping horror stories with Io and Kairi.

Two Beans
Nov 27, 2003

dabbin' on em
Pillbug

SamuraiFoochs
Jan 16, 2007

Grimey Drawer

Dear God that take seared my eyeballs.

jesus WEP
Oct 17, 2004

nice

Low Desert Punk
Jul 4, 2012

i have absolutely no fucking money

They're right

Yardbomb
Jul 11, 2011

What's with the eh... bretonnian dance, sir?

Insertnamehere31
Jan 23, 2012

This could be the most one-sided fight since 1973 when Ali faced an eighty-foot tall mechanical Joe Frazier. My memory isn't what it used to be, but I think the entire Earth was destroyed.

I’d like to see Ronda pull out a sliced bread #2

projecthalaxy
Dec 27, 2008

Yes hello it is I Kurt's Secret Son

Ronda would probably be improved with Eva's announcer/hypeman leading into Bad Reputation

Dangerous Person
Apr 4, 2011

Not dead yet

This can't be serious. It just can't

Cavauro
Jan 9, 2008

eva marie and ronda are both good in wrestling

Smoking Crow
Feb 14, 2012

*laughs at u*

https://twitter.com/ChargingOX/status/1030891668147499009?s=19

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

Would you be my new best friends?

Imagine sticking up for Vince Russo in 2018. Somebody please imagine it, because it's beyond my limit of comprehension.

Rarity
Oct 21, 2010

~*4 LIFE*~

Jerusalem posted:

Imagine sticking up for Vince Russo in 2018. Somebody please imagine it

Vince Russo: ...Nope, I got nothing

Endless Mike
Aug 13, 2003

Rarity posted:

Vince Russo: ...Nope, I got nothin' bro

fart blood
Sep 13, 2008

by VideoGames

Meltzer was arguing with these people on twitter all day. I am convinced they're all paid bots and Meltzer doesn't realize.

coconono
Aug 11, 2004

KISS ME KRIS

there are enough Russo supporters to keep the lights on in his Mother In-Law's attic.

davidbix
Jun 14, 2016

Wow, Bix. First K.Rool, then Steve and now SEPHIROTH? Your dream game is real!

coconono posted:

there are enough Russo supporters to keep the lights on in his Mother In-Law's attic.
Not to defend Russo but how true is that, anyway? Because IIRC he did get the restraining order in Indiana, but doesn't he still live in Colorado?

Anyway, I dunno what the reason is, but someone DMed me to give me a heads up that Russo has been going in on me by name on his shows lately. What makes that interesting is that while he did eventually mention me on Twitter some, he was clearly making a point not to allude to me directly on his shows for a LONG time, which I always figured was because I have receipts, for lack of a better term.

fart blood
Sep 13, 2008

by VideoGames

davidbix posted:

Not to defend Russo but how true is that, anyway? Because IIRC he did get the restraining order in Indiana, but doesn't he still live in Colorado?

Anyway, I dunno what the reason is, but someone DMed me to give me a heads up that Russo has been going in on me by name on his shows lately. What makes that interesting is that while he did eventually mention me on Twitter some, he was clearly making a point not to allude to me directly on his shows for a LONG time, which I always figured was because I have receipts, for lack of a better term.

Russo is from the Trump school of lying so much people just give up and let the lie into the lexicon.

hunnert car pileup
Oct 28, 2007

the first world was a mistake

gotta hand it to Russo and Bischoff for finding a way to grift people who were probably babies during the Monday night wars

coconono
Aug 11, 2004

KISS ME KRIS

davidbix posted:

The story I was told that I've probably forgotten/got it wrong because keeping track of Russo's bullshit is low on my priorities:

Russo was living in Southern Indiana as part of his then unsuccessful bid to return to Impact's writing staff, Cornette decided to have at him, he fled and is currently living with his mother-in-law.

I'm of the opinion its best to ignore Russo unless its causing you issues. Dude is legitimately mentally ill and does this rolling in his own poo poo act as a means to pay the bills because its his survival mechanism in this hell country.

coconono fucked around with this message at 19:48 on Aug 19, 2018

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

GEORGE W BUSHI
Jul 1, 2012

https://twitter.com/TheLadyJSays/status/1031594904852602881?s=19