Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Strawberry Panda
Nov 4, 2007

Breakfast Defecting, Slow Dick Touching, Root Beer Barreling SwagVP
What really makes Punk a piece of poo poo is he can't even bother dividing the amount by 2 for Colt.

Also, yeah, reading this complaint and subsequent documents makes me realize the court systems are only around to intimidate poor people and keep the rich insulated.

But $750 per hour makes the transition to being a lawyer tempting.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

projecthalaxy
Dec 27, 2008

Yes hello it is I Kurt's Secret Son

Its really cool how cm punk looked at a friend gifting him a platform in his time of need, and instead of feeling gratitude in his heart, felt the need to lie to that friend and then try to extort hundreds of thousands of dollars from him

Orange Carlisle
Jul 14, 2007

It's ridiculous that Colt was being held accountable for any of this in the first place

Chris James 2
Aug 9, 2012

Never let any friends on a podcast. It either ends in lawsuits or the podcast dying (rip pisscast)

Cavauro
Jan 9, 2008

why hasn't wwe brought back scotty goldman out of spite

Big Coffin Hunter
Aug 13, 2005

gently caress CM Punk, and also, as usual, Burn America to the loving Ground

MJeff
Jun 2, 2011

THE LIAR
On the bright side, when climate change turns the planet into an inhospitable hunk of rock that can't support life anymore, America will die.

Astro7x
Aug 4, 2004
Thinks It's All Real

davidbix posted:

It's ~$200,000 in fees for Cabana AFTER the split. $513,736 for Punk (on his and Cabana's behalf) before the split, which was a little less than a year and a half in but still TWO YEARS before the trial. Cabana is suing for the $200k plus punitive damages.

It's a lot of loving money and says a lot about the American legal system.

I must have read that differently... there is no date on that Punk email, but it seemed like Punk was saying that he has paid $513,736, plus owes another $300,000, but Colt owes him only half of the $513,736 that Punk paid thus far and is cutting Colt off from additional legal feels yet to be billed at that point to him and splitting any additional legal fees yet to be billed to Punk.

Because the lawyer agreement stated that Punk would get a bill each month for the previous month that is owed within 60 days. The trial ended in June, so July 1st Punk probably got the big bill for the trail which is owed by Sept 1st.

But whatever, I don't really care that much.

Basically what I'm trying to say is...

Strawberry Panda posted:

What really makes Punk a piece of poo poo is he can't even bother dividing the amount by 2 for Colt.

oldpainless
Oct 30, 2009

This 📆 post brought to you by RAID💥: SHADOW LEGENDS👥.
RAID💥: SHADOW LEGENDS 👥 - It's for your phone📲TM™ #ad📢

Best in the world

davidbix
Jun 14, 2016

Wow, Bix. First K.Rool, then Steve and now SEPHIROTH? Your dream game is real!

Astro7x posted:

I must have read that differently... there is no date on that Punk email, but it seemed like Punk was saying that he has paid $513,736, plus owes another $300,000, but Colt owes him only half of the $513,736 that Punk paid thus far and is cutting Colt off from additional legal feels yet to be billed at that point to him and splitting any additional legal fees yet to be billed to Punk.

Because the lawyer agreement stated that Punk would get a bill each month for the previous month that is owed within 60 days. The trial ended in June, so July 1st Punk probably got the big bill for the trail which is owed by Sept 1st.

But whatever, I don't really care that much.
The Punk email is from "late April 2016." Cabana never paid him for any of that, citing their various agreements. He's strictly asking for what he owes Carey Stein, plus punitive damages, not anything that Punk said he owed him.

thefncrow
Mar 14, 2001

Astro7x posted:

Punk's demands in that email sound quite like "pay me back half of what I paid, plus anything unpaid is something you'll owe half of". So, half of the 512 plus half of the 300k unpaid. Now, despite Punk demanding payment, it doesn't seem Cabana's actually been pursued for any of that. The agreement in the documents straight up says Punk's solely responsible for the bills. After Punk's email, Cabana tells Punk's attorney he'll agree to stay if Punk pays the bills and gives him in writing that Punk's not going to sue him for the existing bill. Ultimately, Punk's lawyer says that he can represent Cabana and Punk will pay the bills, so Cabana doesn't switch attorneys at the time. (Also, to note, it doesn't sound like Punk actually provides that assurance that he won't sue Cabana for the legal fees that Cabana originally asked for.)

Then, March 2017, Cabana is told that they're not representing him any more (which is almost certainly because Punk said he wasn't going to pay for it any more, but the letter submitted offers no explanation).

Cabana's suing for $200k to cover his costs on his own attorney after he got dropped.

rovert
Jun 10, 2013

Gumball Gumption posted:

Sexual assault laws still existed in 2003 so I'm hoping this finally catches up to him.

His Twitter Likes (in general) don't make him very sympathetic

Strawberry Panda
Nov 4, 2007

thefncrow posted:

Punk's demands in that email sound quite like "pay me back half of what I paid, plus anything unpaid is something you'll owe half of". So, half of the 512 plus half of the 300k unpaid. Now, despite Punk demanding payment, it doesn't seem Cabana's actually been pursued for any of that. The agreement in the documents straight up says Punk's solely responsible for the bills. After Punk's email, Cabana tells Punk's attorney he'll agree to stay if Punk pays the bills and gives him in writing that Punk's not going to sue him for the existing bill. Ultimately, Punk's lawyer says that he can represent Cabana and Punk will pay the bills, so Cabana doesn't switch attorneys at the time. (Also, to note, it doesn't sound like Punk actually provides that assurance that he won't sue Cabana for the legal fees that Cabana originally asked for.)

Then, March 2017, Cabana is told that they're not representing him any more (which is almost certainly because Punk said he wasn't going to pay for it any more, but the letter submitted offers no explanation).

Cabana's suing for $200k to cover his costs on his own attorney after he got dropped.

Cabana's suing for $1.4 million. $200k to cover his legal fees, $200k for general damages from fraud, and $1 mill in punitive and exemplary damages, plus all legal fees associated with this lawsuit and interest on all of it.

Liquid Communism
Mar 9, 2004

Out here, everything hurts.

Just caught Miz's promo from last week.

That was actually real good, and it looks like they'll have a good match that the audience is actually hot for.

Big Coffin Hunter
Aug 13, 2005

Bryan/Miz is going to be the most over match on the show, no question. So expect a stupid dumb DQ or countout ending.

Incessant Excess
Aug 15, 2005

Cause of glitch:
Pretentiousness
I have no faith in the match but I do have faith in the video package right before it.

Strawberry Panda
Nov 4, 2007

Incessant Excess posted:

I have no faith in the match but I do have faith in the video package right before it.

Miz had a great match with Rollins earlier this year so it should be good.

Blaise330
Aug 13, 2007

GOD'S FAVORITE CHAMPION
Thank goodness Rusev took a bullet for the team and is taking up the preshow slot so daniel bryan doesnt have to.

Chris James 2
Aug 9, 2012

https://twitter.com/WWEBrayWyatt/status/1028770565216194562

blast0rama
Aug 13, 2003

Tingly.

Bray’s gonna have a dumbass podcast. Can’t wait.

Alan_Shore
Dec 2, 2004

Please no don't change your intro! You fool!

In The Bushes
Mar 4, 2012

OGB posted:

I see you out there like the decaying charon you are, and when the sun falls and the buzzards return, y’all are going to want to go to meundies.com/buzzards for 20% of your first order.

rare Magic card l00k
Jan 3, 2011

Alan_Shore posted:

Please no don't change your intro! You fool!

Hello darkness my old friend...

shiksa
Nov 9, 2009

i went to one of these wrestling shows and it was... honestly? frickin boring. i wanna see ricky! i want to see his gold chains and respect for the ftw lifestyle
leave it to bray to look at his theme song, how distinctive and different it is from other theme songs, and decide "what i really need to stand out is to bother avenged sevenfold for a metalcore song"

rare Magic card l00k
Jan 3, 2011

shiksa posted:

leave it to bray to look at his theme song, how distinctive and different it is from other theme songs, and decide "what i really need to stand out is to bother avenged sevenfold for a metalcore song"

OGB posted:

Gumball Gumption
Jan 7, 2012

Bray the man constantly makes me ashamed that I was ever a fan of Bray the wrestler.

FUCKFACE MORON
Apr 23, 2010

by sebmojo

Gumball Gumption posted:

Bray the man constantly makes me ashamed that I was ever a fan of Bray the wrestler.
why

E: I just remembered he cheated on his wife so nvm

shiksa
Nov 9, 2009

i went to one of these wrestling shows and it was... honestly? frickin boring. i wanna see ricky! i want to see his gold chains and respect for the ftw lifestyle

i will say i will listen to the episode of the windham rotunda show where bo dallas is on to talk about lizard people

Blaise330
Aug 13, 2007

GOD'S FAVORITE CHAMPION
Bray is jealous his brother keeps getting new theme songs

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NJV_o7qoOwI

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eKSXo95MWdY

Strawberry Panda
Nov 4, 2007

I hated Avenged Sevenfold until up to recently when M Shadows had become Dan Le Batard's golf correspondent.

rovert
Jun 10, 2013
https://twitter.com/WWNLennyLeonard/status/1029006387874029568

He ruled.

Wazzu
Feb 28, 2008

Are you sure I'm winning the Rumble? That does'nt seem right.....

Midnightghoul posted:

My art is also hitting people with my butt

Her art is beautiful and too precious for this world. Gotta block out the haters.

Gumball Gumption posted:

Randy has always given off the energy of the sort of dude who sexually assaults other men and then calls them gay for it.

Yeah. That story is just so......mid 2000s bullshit, I somehow don't think he's changed underneath.

Wazzu fucked around with this message at 15:26 on Aug 13, 2018

FUCKFACE MORON
Apr 23, 2010

by sebmojo

Wazzu posted:

Yeah. That story is just so......mid 2000s bullshit, I somehow don't think he's changed underneath.
That's why I think him grabbing Hardy by the ear lobe was a shoot

Saint Freak
Apr 16, 2007

Regretting is an insult to oneself
Buglord
Cock and balls outta nowhere!!!

Blaise330
Aug 13, 2007

GOD'S FAVORITE CHAMPION

Who?

shiksa
Nov 9, 2009

you know how in game of thrones the stark family has those cousins the karstarks and its like "oh well i mean they're no stark family but theyre pretty cool honestly and they team up sometimes and their names are kind of the same" well that was based on the hart foundation

quote:

Stu Hart, seeking publicity for Neidhart, promised him $500 to enter and win an anvil toss at the Calgary Stampede. He did, throwing it 11 feet, 2 inches. This earned him the nickname "The Anvil", replacing his prior, "The Animal".[8][9]

i didn't know this and honestly it is the best wrestling nickname origin story ive ever heard.

jesus WEP
Oct 17, 2004

Randy’s Knob Out

FUCKFACE MORON
Apr 23, 2010

by sebmojo

shiksa posted:

you know how in game of thrones the stark family has those cousins the karstarks and its like "oh well i mean they're no stark family but theyre pretty cool honestly and they team up sometimes and their names are kind of the same" well that was based on the hart foundation
whoosh

HerraS
Apr 15, 2012

Looking professional when committing genocide is essential. This is mostly achieved by using a beret.

Olive drab colour ensures the genocider will remain hidden from his prey until it's too late for them to do anything.

Still holding out hope until an actual source confirms but holy gently caress poor Natty if true

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Bard Maddox
Feb 15, 2012

I'm just a sick guy, I'm really just a dirty guy.
what would Randy have done if you asked to shake his dick instead of his hand

• Locked thread