Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

voiceless anal fricative
May 6, 2007

They should've kept up that totally legit legal disclaimer about how you weren't allowed to download the rom unless you owned the game for real, or if you didnt own it you could only download it for testing and you had to delete it within 24 hours.

My Geocities page hosts roms with that disclaimer and I have never received any legal threats from Nintendo

voiceless anal fricative has a new favorite as of 03:29 on Aug 13, 2018

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Memento
Aug 25, 2009

Bleak Gremlin
https://twitter.com/dasharez0ne/status/1028378858553335808

share z0ne admin is right as usual

voiceless anal fricative
May 6, 2007

Potato Salad
Oct 23, 2014

nobody cares

:love:

The Anime Liker
Aug 8, 2009

by VideoGames
I don't suppose anyone is going to explain that thanos meme with the wall of text.

This is why Russia is winning the meme race.

DiggityDoink
Dec 9, 2007

A GLISTENING HODOR posted:

I don't suppose anyone is going to explain that thanos meme with the wall of text.

This is why Russia is winning the meme race.

It was explained last page.

The Anime Liker
Aug 8, 2009

by VideoGames

DiggityDoink posted:

It was explained last page.

Disagree.

Potato Salad
Oct 23, 2014

nobody cares

Thanos killed half my childhood.

cohsae
Jun 19, 2015

Man kids these days with their emu paradises. I'm old enough to remember the loss of Archnacho and Tortilla Godzilla's Quality Rom's. RIP

voiceless anal fricative
May 6, 2007

There's a new Super Smash Bros game coming out which has like 50+ characters and King K. Rule (the Bowser equivalent from Donkey Kong) was recently announced as a character which made people happy. But at the same time Emuparadise have finally (after like 20+ years) caved to ongoing legal pressure from Nintendo to stop hosting ROMs of their games.

Meanwhile Thanos, the purple Hank Hill lookalike in the meme is from the recent Avengers movie where he is the villain who is trying to kill half the universe (like literally a magic trick that kills exactly half of the beings in the universe at random) in order to "save" the rest from overcrowding and scarcity. He gets manly sad feels because he has to kill his "daughter" (the small green alien girl in the picture) in order to pull off his kill 'em all magic trick.

Hence the "what did it cost you" - "everything" mirroring the success/tragedy of Thanos in the success/tragedy of Nintendo.

SpacePig
Apr 4, 2007

I'M FEELING JIMMY

This has to be the third or fourth upload of this I've seen since, like, a year ago, and "here's my funny video as seen on Markiplier" is really making me angry about memes.

e: here's one from a year ago that even admits it's a reupload.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=e_a_cJKS6uk

SpacePig has a new favorite as of 05:05 on Aug 13, 2018

Zereth
Jul 9, 2003

bike tory posted:

Meanwhile Thanos, the purple Hank Hill lookalike in the meme is from the recent Avengers movie where he is the villain who is trying to kill half the universe (like literally a magic trick that kills exactly half of the beings in the universe at random) in order to "save" the rest from overcrowding and scarcity. He gets manly sad feels because he has to kill his "daughter" (the small green alien girl in the picture) in order to pull off his kill 'em all magic trick.

Hence the "what did it cost you" - "everything" mirroring the success/tragedy of Thanos in the success/tragedy of Nintendo.
Note that this is extremely different from his motivations in the comics, where he just needed the Infinity Gauntlet with the Infinity Stones to kill half the universe, and his motivation was that he was trying to get into Death's pants.

She was not impressed.

Who What Now
Sep 10, 2006

by Azathoth

Zereth posted:

Note that this is extremely different from his motivations in the comics, where he just needed the Infinity Gauntlet with the Infinity Stones to kill half the universe, and his motivation was that he was trying to get into Death's pants.

She was not impressed.

I never understood why giving her a shitload more work to do was supposed to impress her

Milo and POTUS
Sep 3, 2017

I will not shut up about the Mighty Morphin Power Rangers. I talk about them all the time and work them into every conversation I have. I built a shrine in my room for the yellow one who died because sadly no one noticed because she died around 9/11. Wanna see it?

How. How are these sandwiches.

Screaming Idiot posted:

Which mod is he talking to?

Please don't sass, thanks.

Phlegmish
Jul 2, 2011

Death is a hot chick? Seems non-canon but I can dig

Milo and POTUS
Sep 3, 2017

I will not shut up about the Mighty Morphin Power Rangers. I talk about them all the time and work them into every conversation I have. I built a shrine in my room for the yellow one who died because sadly no one noticed because she died around 9/11. Wanna see it?

How is da mother loving share zone the most wholesome place on the internet

Erebus
Jul 13, 2001

Okay... Keep your head, Steve boy...

Milo and POTUS posted:

How is da mother loving share zone the most wholesome place on the internet

because :thejoke:

ICHIBAHN
Feb 21, 2007

by Cyrano4747
Let's see Death

3D Megadoodoo
Nov 25, 2010

No no no it's

*slaps seat* This stool can fit so many paedophiles on it.

3D Megadoodoo
Nov 25, 2010

Zereth posted:

She was not impressed.

Infinity gauntlet? I think you mean he wanted to kill everything with a cosmic cube (which Captain Marvel karate chopped while dying of old age thus killing Thanos which did please death).

Mierenneuker
Apr 28, 2010

We're all going to experience changes in our life but only the best of us will qualify for front row seats.

bike tory posted:

They should've kept up that totally legit legal disclaimer about how you weren't allowed to download the rom unless you owned the game for real, or if you didnt own it you could only download it for testing and you had to delete it within 24 hours.

My Geocities page hosts roms with that disclaimer and I have never received any legal threats from Nintendo

God bless that disclaimer, it allowed me to stay true neutral instead of becoming *gasp* a chaotic evil character who *reads notes* just uses BT to download a entire console’s catalogue within 15 minutes.

Data Graham
Dec 28, 2009

📈📊🍪😋

Milo and POTUS posted:

How. How are these sandwiches.

Gotta call it something FDA approved in the fine print

throw to first DAMN IT
Apr 10, 2007
This whole thread has been raging at the people who don't want Saracen invasion to their homes

Perhaps you too should be more accepting of their cultures

I might have gotten these from this thread and I don't know if they are really relevant but whatever

Coucho Marx
Mar 2, 2009

kick back and relax

Dabir
Nov 10, 2012

Phlegmish posted:

ICHIBAHN posted:

Let's see Death

Only registered members can see post attachments!

Dabir
Nov 10, 2012

she gave him a boner

Murray Mantoinette
Jun 11, 2005

THE  POSTS  MUST  FLOW
Clapping Larry
Wait how does she have tits and abs without face- or hand-flesh? She got a rockin chick bod under the robe and just missing the skin on her hands and face? Or is she bone everywhere and just has some weird bone-rack?

Samuringa
Mar 27, 2017

Best advice I was ever given?

"Ticker, you'll be a lot happier once you stop caring about the opinions of a culture that is beneath you."

I learned my worth, learned the places and people that matter.

Opened my eyes.
It depends on the artist. In Annihilation, Thanos gets his wish granted(By getting his heart ripped out by Drax)

Solar Tornado
Aug 9, 2016

A true fool keeps on fighting, even when there is no more glory to be gained

weird clothes physics. it's skin tight but also a long dress-robe.

also reminds me of this

throw to first DAMN IT
Apr 10, 2007
This whole thread has been raging at the people who don't want Saracen invasion to their homes

Perhaps you too should be more accepting of their cultures

Mr Luxury Yacht
Apr 16, 2012

Canonically one of the reasons Deadpool can't die is that Death actually wants to bone him and not Thanos, so out of jealousy Thanos finds ways to resurrect him every time Deadpool dies so him and Death can't be together.

Comics are weird.

RareAcumen
Dec 28, 2012

Mr Luxury Yacht posted:

Comics are weird.

PYF examples

Spider-Man killed his wife because he had radioactive jizz and didn't know about it.

-Zydeco-
Nov 12, 2007

What is an AC/DC hadouken?

DiggityDoink
Dec 9, 2007

RareAcumen posted:

PYF examples

i wouldn't call it my favorite but green lantern finding his girlfriend dead in a fridge is a good example

Karate Bastard
Jul 31, 2007

Soiled Meat
Autoelectric asphyxiation gone wrong.

tactlessbastard
Feb 4, 2001

Godspeed, post
Fun Shoe

Murray Mantoinette posted:

Wait how does she have tits and abs without face- or hand-flesh?

Because comics are for 12 year olds

snergle
Aug 3, 2013

A kind little mouse!

Phlegmish posted:

I wanna say its the same one from sandman but I cant be 100% sure. If it is shes a hot hot goth chick. Deadpool also wants to bone her i think.

NewFatMike
Jun 11, 2015

Solar Tornado posted:

weird clothes physics. it's skin tight but also a long dress-robe.

also reminds me of this

Hands coyly censoring the vagina bones

TheRagamuffin
Aug 31, 2008

In Paradox Space, when you cross the line, your nuts are mine.

snergle posted:

I wanna say its the same one from sandman but I cant be 100% sure. If it is shes a hot hot goth chick. Deadpool also wants to bone her i think.

Nah, The Sandman is DC.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

3D Megadoodoo
Nov 25, 2010

tactlessbastard posted:

Because comics are for 12 year olds