Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Bust Rodd
Oct 21, 2008

by VideoGames

Random rear end in a top hat posted:

I would also accept I dressed-a myself like a Juggalo, sir!

I was certain it would be I left my penis in the other room

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

RandallODim
Dec 30, 2010

Another 1? Aww man...
"How did I oversleep? gently caress!" would've been my choice.

Ghost Leviathan
Mar 2, 2017

Exploration is ill-advised.
That seems to strongly imply that 21 outright murdered Wandering Spider after making him dig his own grave, given he's part of the various dead people that are literally haunting his nightmares. He seems to be quietly getting more and more unstable.

Shindragon
Jun 6, 2011

by Athanatos
That was probably the biggest shock for me honestly.

When last season Monarch was like whaaat 21? He’s fine, I figured that he let him go just to never return. I figured the burial of the legs was fake out but drat guess 21 did kill him. Monarch took Red Deaths advice too literal. As for Shelia knowing Dugong is alive? I mean she’s part of the council 13 where she would have access to arch files. Now the question for me is there gonna be an escalation because RD killed OSI agents which I’m pretty sure is a no no.

Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Dec 22, 2005

GET LOSE, YOU CAN'T COMPARE WITH MY POWERS
Do we still need the tags?
I assumed wandering spider was one of the people 21 locked up in the bathroom, victim of the butt eater

420 Gank Mid
Dec 26, 2008

WARNING: This poster is a huge bitch!

Shindragon posted:

That was probably the biggest shock for me honestly.

When last season Monarch was like whaaat 21? He’s fine, I figured that he let him go just to never return. I figured the burial of the legs was fake out but drat guess 21 did kill him. Monarch took Red Deaths advice too literal. As for Shelia knowing Dugong is alive? I mean she’s part of the council 13 where she would have access to arch files. Now the question for me is there gonna be an escalation because RD killed OSI agents which I’m pretty sure is a no no.

Back in Season 3's finale Brock and Monarch killed like over a hundred random OSI dudes between them so I dont think it's gonna be that big a deal

Ghost Leviathan
Mar 2, 2017

Exploration is ill-advised.
Everything we've seen about the OSI indicates life is super loving cheap for them.

Rand Brittain
Mar 25, 2013

"Go on until you're stopped."
Hm, looking back at episode 1, Jonas' face flashes very clearly on the screen in the R&D room, but Rusty is facing the other way and doesn't see it.

BIG HEADLINE
Jun 13, 2006

"Stand back, Ottawan ruffian, or face my lumens!"
I still think one of the most underrated lines from this show is "You wanna end up like Gary Busey?"

Phenotype
Jul 24, 2007

You must defeat Sheng Long to stand a chance.

Jeffrey of YOSPOS posted:

I assumed wandering spider was one of the people 21 locked up in the bathroom, victim of the butt eater

Yeah, this was my take too. Regardless of his intentions, he's partially responsible for the deaths of all those villains given that he locked them in a very Saw-looking room with a guy who decided to eat them.

TK-42-1
Oct 30, 2013

looks like we have a bad transmitter

Phenotype posted:

Yeah, this was my take too. Regardless of his intentions, he's partially responsible for the deaths of all those villains given that he locked them in a very Saw-looking room with a guy who decided to eat them.

If nothing else he was negligent about proper prisoner chain length

Mr. Fall Down Terror
Jan 24, 2018

by Fluffdaddy

Bust Rodd posted:

Like one of Red Death’s super powers is he can just find anyone? Like multiple times he just zooms to wherever someone is with literally no explanation, he kills without remorse, and even the guild council are all afraid of him. The only people we’ve seen on that level in the show are the 3 red guys and Killinger.

the way i read red death is that he is quasi-retired from supervillainy. and we don't really have that many characters who are old and terrifyingly competent. general treister comes to mind, in this universe where people don't age so much as level up. red death is sort of the villain who's seen it all, been there and done that and has a cool story about it (a ticket stub for movie night) and the only way you end up coming out of a career in supervillainy without dying is by being both lucky and extremely, massively good at what you do. so the man is basically a legend in his time, except that now he just wants to settle down and be a family man and only occasionally scratch his murdering itch for old times sake

he did make monarch and gary completely piss themselves. "uh... sorry?"

Mr. Lobe
Feb 23, 2007

... Dry bones...

How do you make turkey dinners on the downlow, incidentally? even in a house the size of the Monarch's, it must have smelt like thanksgiving 24/7 while Gary had that business going on

The Notorious ZSB
Apr 19, 2004

I SAID WE'RE NOT GONNA BE FUCKING SUCK THIS YEAR!!!

Mr. Lobe posted:

How do you make turkey dinners on the downlow, incidentally? even in a house the size of the Monarch's, it must have smelt like thanksgiving 24/7 while Gary had that business going on

the mighty monarchs EGG SACK must have it's own ventilation and kitchen for the hero/villain who can't be bothered to go up the stairs.

CAT INTERCEPTOR
Nov 9, 2004

Basically a male Margaret Thatcher

Mr. Lobe posted:

Gary's just that good, he could cook a 6 course meal right under your feet and you would never smell a thing.

Billzasilver
Nov 8, 2016

I lift my drink and sing a song

for who knows if life is short or long?

Man's life is like the morning dew

past days many, future days few

Gary has improved in a lot of ways but I believe he is still very very smelly.

TK-42-1
Oct 30, 2013

*sniff sniff*

Taerkar
Dec 7, 2002

kind of into it, really

BIG HEADLINE posted:

I still think one of the most underrated lines from this show is "You wanna end up like Gary Busey?"

"BUSEY EVERYONE"

drrockso20
May 6, 2013

Has Not Actually Done Cocaine
Just put an order in for the Art Book, as it's only 27.99 on Amazon right now

drrockso20
May 6, 2013

Also apparently the Shark that Wide Wale stole in the flashback is a real piece of art called The Physical Impossibility of Death in the Mind of Someone Living by Damien Hirst(who the show has referred to before), which leads to two different likely reasons why Dugong was giving him crap about it; 1) said piece is an already dead shark preserved in formaldehyde(thus making useless for his work), and 2) there are two versions of that piece, in the first version the Shark used was preserved poorly, leading it to gradually deteriorate, which lead to two attempts to fix it, the first involved removing the shark's skin and putting it over a mold, and then later in 2006 they replaced the Shark with a new one

Which also explains Wide Wale's comment of having "Bad Shark" in himself

LashLightning
Feb 20, 2010

You know you didn't have to go post that, right?
But it's fine, I guess...

You just keep being you!

drrockso20 posted:

Which also explains Wide Wale's comment of having "Bad Shark" in himself

When he said that I was sad because it was such a cool moment and I had resided myself to the fact that he was going to die because how else was The Monarch gonna make it outta this one and then Dr Mrs M saves the day.

TK-42-1
Oct 30, 2013

Any guesses as to the names of the guys on the far left and far right?

Rand Brittain
Mar 25, 2013

"Go on until you're stopped."
If the guy on the left owns the van we saw in impound, he could be Vanotaur.

Mantis42
Jul 26, 2010

Jeffrey of YOSPOS posted:

He's the guy 21 kills in S6E7 and buries out in the woods.

tarlibone
Aug 1, 2014

Am I a... bad person?
AM I??

Fun Shoe
I like how, when the Guild members decide to go after Blue Morpho, one of them (Brick Frog, I think) says that they should get pitchforks, like in Dracula, and someone else says "or in Frankenstein." Then somebody else says that they should get torches, like in Dracula... and again, "or in Frankenstein!"

Also, is it me, or is Gary creeping on Dr. Mrs. the Monarch just a bit?

asecondduck
Feb 18, 2011

by Nyc_Tattoo

tarlibone posted:

I hope this is a joke about the thread being obtuse about Rocco.

drrockso20
May 6, 2013

tarlibone posted:

I like how, when the Guild members decide to go after Blue Morpho, one of them (Brick Frog, I think) says that they should get pitchforks, like in Dracula, and someone else says "or in Frankenstein." Then somebody else says that they should get torches, like in Dracula... and again, "or in Frankenstein!"

There's been this whole sexual tension between them since season 4, especially after Gary found out that Monarch and Sheila are swingers*(which makes the whole situation hilarious cause it would be pretty easy to resolve by this show's standards)

*which hasn't come up as much as you think it would

Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Dec 22, 2005

GET LOSE, YOU CAN'T COMPARE WITH MY POWERS

Mantis42 posted:

He's the guy 21 kills in S6E7 and buries out in the woods.
I know that, but that episode leaves his fate ambiguous. It's implied in last season's finale that Gary had been locking people up instead of killing them (only to face the butt eater) - I think wandering spider would have been one of them, hence not showing his body itself being buried.

reignofevil
Nov 7, 2008

TK-42-1 posted:

Any guesses as to the names of the guys on the far left and far right?

Goat To Jail?

Republicanus
Oct 16, 2002

Have a smoke. Coffee? You're welcome.
Fun Shoe
Hornswoggle and Orang-Mogatu.

Question Friend
Aug 3, 2018

by FactsAreUseless

Question Friend
Aug 3, 2018

by FactsAreUseless
Was it implying The Alchemist was Mesoamerican when he could understand the tribesmen in episode 1. He does have the right features

Barono
May 6, 2007

Rich in irony and most satirical
The voice credits have a "Hogfish" which I'm assuming is the guy on the right.

Question Friend
Aug 3, 2018

by FactsAreUseless

Barono posted:

The voice credits have a "Hogfish" which I'm assuming is the guy on the right.

It would have taken me years to guess that

drrockso20
May 6, 2013

Question Friend posted:

Was it implying The Alchemist was Mesoamerican when he could understand the tribesmen in episode 1. He does have the right features

Maybe, at least one of them looked kinda like him

Cojawfee
May 31, 2006
I think the US is dumb for not using Celsius
I hope the one guy is called the mighty Minotaur just to piss off the monarch.

SeanBeansShako
Nov 20, 2009

Now the Drums beat up again,
For all true Soldier Gentlemen.

Cojawfee posted:

I hope the one guy is called the mighty Minotaur just to piss off the monarch.

There actually was a dude called that.

Then Phantom Limb happened.

reignofevil
Nov 7, 2008

Question Friend posted:

Waaaaaay back in season 4 the alchemist mentions that one of his powers is knowing when people are lying I imagine that understanding languages is another of his powers.

TK-42-1
Oct 30, 2013

No one escapes Phantom Limb's poo poo list. Not even Man-otaur. And loving Hogfish is insane. I kept thinking of something with Hog/Javelina and Fire but was coming up empty. I'm at a complete loss as to the other one. A play on mouflon?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

reignofevil
Nov 7, 2008
Maybe he was put in prison for being a pedophile and his name is Ramber Alert.