Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

Claw is probably the most top tier of all the top tiers and he's awesome.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Real hurthling!
Sep 11, 2001

exquisite tea posted:

The worst part about maining a popular character is that you have to play mirrors all the time, which nobody actually likes.

Jacko mirrors are cool

Dias
Feb 20, 2011

by sebmojo
Rose mirrors were hell on earth.

Brother Entropy
Dec 27, 2009

exquisite tea posted:

The worst part about maining a popular character is that you have to play mirrors all the time, which nobody actually likes.

she wasn't top tier but sf4 rose mirrors was some good poo poo

Dias
Feb 20, 2011

by sebmojo
Roseball was fun. Tryhard Rose mirrors loving sucked.

Brother Entropy
Dec 27, 2009

roseball was implied in my post, yes

anime was right
Jun 27, 2008

death is certain
keep yr cool
grappler mirrors are great because they're rare and you're just playing a really long set of RPS

Lord_Magmar
Feb 24, 2015

"Welcome to pound town, Slifer slacker!"

I feel like that’d be an interesting idea for a fighting game tbh, everyone is a grappler and you basically can fight for control of the grapple with inputs.

Captain Baal
Oct 23, 2010

I Failed At Anime 2022

interrodactyl posted:

All you loving scrubs are picking your characters incorrectly, based on these stupid attributes like waifu ability and aesthetics and other BULLSHIT when everyone knows there is only one loving way to choose who you should play on any given game

https://youtu.be/sGh4ZU4H5Hk

God it's been a while since I've seen Joe with hair

mango sentinel
Jan 5, 2001

by sebmojo

Captain Baal posted:

God it's been a while since I've seen Joe with hair

That video is 9 years old and I am a crumbling pile of dust

anime was right
Jun 27, 2008

death is certain
keep yr cool

Lord_Magmar posted:

I feel like that’d be an interesting idea for a fighting game tbh, everyone is a grappler and you basically can fight for control of the grapple with inputs.

have you ever purchased a wrestling game

AndyElusive
Jan 7, 2007

You know what was be really cool? A wrestling video game.

PaletteSwappedNinja
Jun 3, 2008

One Nation, Under God.
First you pick the character that looks cool (claw) and then after being beaten a hundred times you settle on whichever character lets you beat your friend who won't stop spamming the secret moves (Honda)

kirbysuperstar
Nov 11, 2012

Let the fools who stand before us be destroyed by the power you and I possess.

AndyElusive posted:

You know what was be really cool? A wrestling video game.

bring back rumble roses

PaletteSwappedNinja
Jun 3, 2008

One Nation, Under God.
Yeah, for real though.

Real hurthling!
Sep 11, 2001

Rumble fish x rumble roses tag battle

kirbysuperstar
Nov 11, 2012

PaletteSwappedNinja posted:

Yeah, for real though.

There was no irony in what I posted. RR was the only wrasslin game I could actually figure out the controls for, it was fun.

AndyElusive
Jan 7, 2007

Saturday Night Slam Masters x Rumble Roses

Babe Magnet
Jun 2, 2008

Smackdown vs. RR vs. RAW

anime was right
Jun 27, 2008

death is certain
keep yr cool
rumble fish x ruby x roses

Night Blade
Feb 25, 2013

Breakers Vs Fighting Layer

kirbysuperstar
Nov 11, 2012

Asuka 120% featuring Asuka from the Tekken series

absolutely anything
Dec 28, 2006

~As for dreams, she has enough and more to spare~
a new rumble roses but specifically like the xbox 360 one where they leaned a million times harder into the humiliation fetish poo poo

yo mamma a Horus
Apr 7, 2008

Nap Ghost
doa6 is the new rumble roses

Shiki Dan
Oct 27, 2010

If ya can move ya toes ya back's fine

anime was right posted:

have you ever purchased a wrestling game

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ENb_FR4nIRY

Smoking Crow
Feb 14, 2012

*laughs at u*

Lord_Magmar posted:

Giant Gram 2000 is an All Japan Pro Wrestling fighting game for arcade and DC. It plays like a fighting game, and iirc some of the Virtua Fighter team worked on it

Here's a Mikado vid of it in action

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OnaMcNLYL4k

PaletteSwappedNinja
Jun 3, 2008

One Nation, Under God.
There are three of those games - All Japan Pro Wrestling featuring Virtua for Saturn, Giant Gram: AJPW 2 for Dreamcast and Giant Gram 2000 - and they're all rad. The first two games include a few VF characters but Giant Gram 2000 is all AJPW guys, more or less... at the time, there was a "real" Wolf Hawkfield wrestling in AJPW, so you can play as that guy if you want.

They also put out a Giant Gram-branded VMU that come pre-loaded with a Giant Baba minigame, from memory it's pretty much just chao fighting but with Baba.

exquisite tea
Apr 21, 2007

Carly shook her glass, willing the ice to melt. "You still haven't told me what the mission is."

She leaned forward. "We are going to assassinate the bad men of Hollywood."

Ivy has looked really strong in the exhibition matches I've seen of SC6 so far. Maybe that's just because zoning characters tend to have an advantage before everybody becomes more confident with the movelist, and some of her weak matchups like Voldo aren't in the game yet. Her ground throw and new little whiplash string look really cheap.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1f9MWCrIdWo

CharlieFoxtrot
Mar 27, 2007

organize digital employees

https://twitter.com/cleargatewest/status/1025555673529167877?s=19

SleepySonata
Mar 3, 2010

exquisite tea posted:

Ivy has looked really strong in the exhibition matches I've seen of SC6 so far. Maybe that's just because zoning characters tend to have an advantage before everybody becomes more confident with the movelist, and some of her weak matchups like Voldo aren't in the game yet. Her ground throw and new little whiplash string look really cheap.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1f9MWCrIdWo

Her normals also don't interact with the soul charge burst mechanic so she's free to whiff or set you up after you charge, the pushback from Soul charge also puts you at range for a mid/low mix, she has command grab Mix-Ups on her close game so you're not coming in and mauling her for free, she has several lethal hit routes that also leave you in place for a mix...

I'm really hoping they flesh out everybody else's combo routes as much as Ivy. She feels like the only truly realized character. But her having access to burst safe routing and pressure/install not being a combo interrupter feels off when no-one can match her set-up game atm.

Spuckuk
Aug 11, 2009

Being a bastard works

PaletteSwappedNinja posted:

There are three of those games - All Japan Pro Wrestling featuring Virtua for Saturn, Giant Gram: AJPW 2 for Dreamcast and Giant Gram 2000 - and they're all rad. The first two games include a few VF characters but Giant Gram 2000 is all AJPW guys, more or less... at the time, there was a "real" Wolf Hawkfield wrestling in AJPW, so you can play as that guy if you want.

They also put out a Giant Gram-branded VMU that come pre-loaded with a Giant Baba minigame, from memory it's pretty much just chao fighting but with Baba.

Giant Gram 2000 fuckin owns, I have to dig out my DC now and play it. The bonebreaking effects are incredibly horrible/amazing for the time.

RBX
Jan 2, 2011

Def Jam Fight For NY might get a sequel.

Spanish Manlove
Aug 31, 2008

HAILGAYSATAN

RBX posted:

I hope it's actually just 50 cent in Tekken7

Weird Pumpkin
Oct 7, 2007

Spanish Manlove posted:

:yeah:

TulliusCicero
Jul 29, 2017

Spanish Manlove posted:

Only if Zafina is back so she can help take his crystal skull

Yardbomb
Jul 11, 2011

What's with the eh... bretonnian dance, sir?

RBX posted:

I'd be legit hyped as hell for this, I loved those stupid games a whole lot.

It already got a middling sequel though, Def Jam: Icon

Ryoga
Sep 10, 2003
Eternally Lost

Yardbomb posted:

I'd be legit hyped as hell for this, I loved those stupid games a whole lot.

It already got a middling sequel though, Def Jam: Icon

And then Microsoft hired the guy responsible for "rappers are not wrestlers" to help out with the kinect.

Shirkelton
Apr 6, 2009

I'm not loyal to anything, General... except the dream.

Spanish Manlove posted:

Yo, Fiddy, hit that bigass combo.

Gavok
Oct 10, 2005

Brock! Oh, man, I'm sorry about your...

...tooth?

AndyElusive posted:

Saturday Night Slam Masters x Rumble Roses

Back when Capcom and SNK were making crossover games, I wanted a new Slam Masters featuring the cast of 3-Count Bout.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

KungFu Grip
Jun 18, 2008
This talk reminds me that there were rumors that Capcom was working on a new wrestling/fighting game recently