Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Crab Dad
Dec 28, 2002

behold i have tempered and refined thee, but not as silver; as CRAB

Mods requesting name change to "Aborted Fetal Tissue From Female Lungs".

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

RickVoid
Oct 21, 2010

Solice Kirsk posted:

Throw all of those people on a loving fire.

Fixed

:killing:

Solice Kirsk
Jun 1, 2004

Remember, if your baby has a fever just baste it with more oils.

SulfurMonoxideCute
Feb 9, 2008

I was under direct orders not to die
🐵❌💀

It cooks itself!

Screaming Idiot
Nov 26, 2007

JUST POSTING WHILE JERKIN' MY GHERKIN SITTIN' IN A PERKINS!

BEATS SELLING MERKINS.
how the gently caress can anyone read that poo poo and not consider making an exit?

Burt Sexual
Jan 26, 2006

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Switchblade Switcharoo

Screaming Idiot posted:

how the gently caress can anyone read that poo poo and not consider making an exit?

You need to stop, or get help tomorrow. Last chance dude.

Solice Kirsk
Jun 1, 2004

I don't think the kid can read yet.

RickVoid
Oct 21, 2010
Like, the worst part of that is that there was this terrified parent in a hospital somewhere, whose entire world is collapsing around them as they watch their child slowly wither away, and those loving mongrels care more about pushing their bullshit anti-vax agenda than the actual child.

There's literal a person there going "Huh, this is weird, I've never heard of a non-vaccinated child getting sick like this." and then they turn it around into "MAYBE THIS PERSON IS TROLLING". I just want to beat them. And cry. Maybe both at the same time.

twistedmentat
Nov 21, 2003

Its my party
and I'll die if
I want to
There was a picture ages ago like this of this kid wit horrible hives all over his body, and they were 'they never vaccinated and given a vegen and non-gluten diet! I don't know what's wrong!" and all the posts were "Did you try chanting and burning incense?" or "take them to a chiropractor!" and the womans mother comes in and says "Take him to a god drat doctor and don't let my grandson die!" and all the space cadets are all "your mother is just a shill for BIG PHARMA!!!"

The Bloop
Jul 5, 2004

by Fluffdaddy
It's tough and I've had to deal with it in my family, not that bad thankfully. The problem is that most of those people are desperately trying to help and sharing a deeply held sincere belief that happens to be completely wrong. They aren't trolling, they're trying, just in a profoundly stupid way.

Obviously you should shame and/or :sever: these people as appropriate, but it would be a lot easier if they were actually trying to cause harm. Ignorant but passionate "helping" can be the worst drat thing. especially from someone you love

Edit: corporations and charlatans profiting from any kind of woo should be utterly destroyed, of course

The Bloop has a new favorite as of 04:37 on Aug 14, 2018

Hihohe
Oct 4, 2008

Fuck you and the sun you live under

Am i correct in that vaccinating is useless after you get the disease. So now that your soon to be dead child has polio or something you cant just be "well give him the vaccine." because the point of a vaccine is to teach your body how to fight what your vaccinating against.

Sandwich Anarchist
Sep 12, 2008

Hihohe posted:

Am i correct in that vaccinating is useless after you get the disease. So now that your soon to be dead child has polio or something you cant just be "well give him the vaccine." because the point of a vaccine is to teach your body how to fight what your vaccinating against.

This is correct.

Also:

The Bloop posted:

Edit: corporations should be utterly destroyed, of course

Fify

RoboRodent
Sep 19, 2012

My dad said to me once that the only way I could disappoint him is if I became an anti-vaxxer.

I mean, I gotta think that "serial killer" would also disappoint him but apparently not!

Croccers
Jun 15, 2012

RoboRodent posted:

My dad said to me once that the only way I could disappoint him is if I became an anti-vaxxer.

I mean, I gotta think that "serial killer" would also disappoint him but apparently not!
Serial killing takes some effort at least. He just doesn't want you to be lazy.

SUPERMAN'S GAL PAL
Feb 21, 2006

Holy Moly! DARKSEID IS!

I sincerely hope sooner than later failing to vaccinate for reasons other than immune conditions, financial reasons*, or just weird extenuating circumstances is handled as child neglect.

*vaccines should be free

Crab Dad
Dec 28, 2002

I take it most of the anti-vax people were vaccinated as children hence how they managed to make it to adulthood to make more babies.

It is a mystery.

La Brea Carpet
Nov 22, 2007

I have no mouth and I must post

SUPERMAN'S GAL PAL posted:

I sincerely hope sooner than later failing to vaccinate for reasons other than immune conditions, financial reasons*, or just weird extenuating circumstances is handled as child neglect.

*vaccines should be free

In America children can get free vaccinations through several programs including health department clinics.

Untrustable
Mar 17, 2009

This is disgusting. I once took a free mattress a dude shot himself on and it was nicer than that. I was poor as hell and only had an inflatable mattress at the time don't judge.

Nettle Soup
Jan 30, 2010

Oh, and Jones was there too.

The MMR vaccine put me in hospital for 2 weeks with brain swelling, permanently kinda hosed up my balance, and for years afterwards high fevers gave me seizures (I haven't had so much as a cold in years though, so no idea if that's still a thing). Who knows what other side effects it left me with.

You should still vaccinate your kids.

text me a vag pic
May 18, 2007

Screaming Idiot posted:

Not to defend the lovely lunches, but maybe there's something less unhealthy they can't pack there as it needs refrigeration? Celery sticks? Everybody likes celery.

Even I like celery, and I have the eating habits of a vulture.

Celery is bad, you gently caress

Philippe
Aug 9, 2013

(she/her)

Fleta Mcgurn posted:

CHINA BOT PLEASE TRUST ME THIS IS ALWAYS A TRAP!!!! He's gonna flip over at the last second! Trust me, he's done this to me so many times that I'm seriously gonna block him, probably. Soon.

It's she, but you're not wrong.

Sponge Baathist
Jan 30, 2010

by FactsAreUseless
Vaccinated parents who are anti-vax caught autism from getting the vaccine.

SulfurMonoxideCute
Feb 9, 2008

I was under direct orders not to die
🐵❌💀

Untrustable posted:

This is disgusting. I once took a free mattress a dude shot himself on and it was nicer than that. I was poor as hell and only had an inflatable mattress at the time don't judge.

My mom would furnish our home with things from the retirement home she worked in. My mattress smelled like a hospital. I'm certain someone died on it too, and that's why I am cursed today.

china bot
Sep 7, 2014

you listen HERE pal
SAY GOODBYE TO TELEPHONE SEX
Plaster Town Cop
I lived in a condo in college, and I got it at a really discounted rate because the previous owner died and left a big decomposition stain on the living room carpet

Such Fun
May 6, 2013

Nettle Soup posted:

The MMR vaccine put me in hospital for 2 weeks with brain swelling, permanently kinda hosed up my balance, and for years afterwards high fevers gave me seizures (I haven't had so much as a cold in years though, so no idea if that's still a thing). Who knows what other side effects it left me with.

You should still vaccinate your kids.

That’s rough :(
Was your reaction from one of the additives in the vaccine, or could you have had the same reaction if you’d encountered one of the disseases in the wild?

TheHomerTax
Dec 26, 2012

That's a high quality avatar right there.

Violet_Sky posted:

This is sad. :smith:

One of the doctors I work with is of the firm belief we need a good plague to cull the herd. I’m beginning to agree with her.

StrangersInTheNight
Dec 31, 2007
ABSOLUTE FUCKING GUDGEON
Now now, the hubris of doctors can be its own sort of AUG. Look at Ben Carson.

Richard Bong
Dec 11, 2008

china bot posted:

I lived in a condo in college, and I got it at a really discounted rate because the previous owner died and left a big decomposition stain on the living room carpet

They didn’t tear that out...? loving gross.

I mean I get it cheap rent when you’re a broke student, but why did they not tear up the carpet? Why?

china bot
Sep 7, 2014

you listen HERE pal
Plaster Town Cop

Richard Bong posted:

They didn’t tear that out...? loving gross.

I mean I get it cheap rent when you’re a broke student, but why did they not tear up the carpet? Why?

I'm sure they would have, but I heard about it early through a realtor relative and made a low-ball offer. I power-washed the smell of death out of there, and the stain on the floor was a good story for people who came over for the first time. As indicated elsewhere in this thread, this isn't even close to the grossest aspect of my college years.

cash crab
Apr 5, 2015

all the time i am eating from the trashcan. the name of this trashcan is ideology

StrangersInTheNight posted:

Now now, the hubris of doctors can be its own sort of AUG. Look at Ben Carson.

This is one of my favourite tweets ever:

china bot posted:

I'm sure they would have, but I heard about it early through a realtor relative and made a low-ball offer. I power-washed the smell of death out of there, and the stain on the floor was a good story for people who came over for the first time. As indicated elsewhere in this thread, this isn't even close to the grossest aspect of my college years.

First of all:

Second of all, college lodgings are fertile ground for AUG stories. I have probably mentioned this before but, I lived with a girl who for one thing, never bought toilet paper. When me and my boyfriend asked to her to buy some, she said, "Well, what do you want me to do?! You know, I'll just go down to Starbucks and steal a bunch of napkins, would that make you happy?" And true to her word, she did. After she moved out, another roommate asked me where all his mugs had gone, so I went into her old room, which was still incredibly messy and ripe-smelling, and looked under her bed. There were all the mugs. I pulled one out and it was full of dead bedbugs. She was so dirty that bedbugs died in her care. Amazing.

china bot
Sep 7, 2014

you listen HERE pal
Plaster Town Cop

cash crab posted:

First of all:

Second of all, college lodgings are fertile ground for AUG stories. I have probably mentioned this before but, I lived with a girl who for one thing, never bought toilet paper. When me and my boyfriend asked to her to buy some, she said, "Well, what do you want me to do?! You know, I'll just go down to Starbucks and steal a bunch of napkins, would that make you happy?" And true to her word, she did. After she moved out, another roommate asked me where all his mugs had gone, so I went into her old room, which was still incredibly messy and ripe-smelling, and looked under her bed. There were all the mugs. I pulled one out and it was full of dead bedbugs. She was so dirty that bedbugs died in her care. Amazing.

hey, at least the body wasn't there when i moved in

my current apartment has an apparently unsolvable cockroach problem (the building has sent exterminators 5 times), so the mug full of dead bedbugs sounds like a pretty sweet deal to me. the roaches usually stay in the kitchen, but when the dishwasher runs, they scurry around the entire two bedroom apartment for a day or so. very happy to be moving out in two weeks

cash crab
Apr 5, 2015

all the time i am eating from the trashcan. the name of this trashcan is ideology

Oh, actually, that reminds me. different than the rest of the hallway. I asked why, and he explained that his neighbor died, and no one found him until he essentially turned to liquid. So, yes, in that sense you were lucky.

Anyway, yes, I am happy you are moving out as well. Hopefully your next place is less populated by bugs.

china bot
Sep 7, 2014

you listen HERE pal
Plaster Town Cop
thank you raccoon

Stoatbringer
Sep 15, 2004

naw, you love it you little ho-bot :roboluv:

text me a vag pic posted:

Celery is bad, you gently caress

It's nature's toothbrush, you ignoramus!

The Bloop
Jul 5, 2004

by Fluffdaddy

Stoatbringer posted:

It's nature's toothbrush, you ignoramus!

Well that image certainly is appetizing!

Weldon Pemberton
May 19, 2012

I'm such a vegetable-loving nerd that I said salad was my favourite food when I was doing a school project aged 8, and even I hate raw celery. Giving someone raw celery in their lunchbox as their only veg sounds like a great way to turn them into one of those people who refuses to eat vegetables in adulthood.

chitoryu12
Apr 24, 2014

I've loved raw celery since I was a kid. Fight me.

Andos El Pantos
May 7, 2004
Celery is merely a ranch delivery vehicle for 99% of people eating celery. Pick any other vegetable to eat.

Nostradingus
Jul 13, 2009

Raw celery tastes the way a new spindle of CDs smells

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Crab Dad
Dec 28, 2002

I don’t think your suppose to put it up your butt.