Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

china bot
Sep 7, 2014

you listen HERE pal
SAY GOODBYE TO TELEPHONE SEX
Plaster Town Cop

LingcodKilla posted:

I don’t think your suppose to put it up your butt.

gives "ants on a log" a whole new meaning :goatsecx:

china bot has a new favorite as of 20:54 on Aug 14, 2018

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

DandyLion
Jun 24, 2010
disrespectul Deciever

LingcodKilla posted:

Well where the hell are you supposed to put CD's nowadays, smart-guy?!?

Ellie Crabcakes
Feb 1, 2008

Stop emailing my boyfriend Gay Crungus

LingcodKilla posted:

Then how do you make a Butty Mary?

Also, let us not forget the important role played by celery in the history of art:

Only registered members can see post attachments!

text me a vag pic
May 18, 2007

Peeny Cheez posted:

Also, let us not forget the important role played by celery in the history of art:

This happens to me every morning on my way to work

Sandwich Anarchist
Sep 12, 2008
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2VxHUfeEX5Q

Pick
Jul 19, 2009
Nap Ghost

text me a vag pic posted:

This happens to me every morning on my way to work

you're going to run into something

text me a vag pic
May 18, 2007

Pick posted:

you're going to run into something

Well if I can make bad posts and drive, i think I can manage

big fan

of bad posts

grittyreboot
Oct 2, 2012

I'm the guy at parties who actually eats from the veggie tray, including the celery. Just pop some ranch on that bad boy and I'm gtg.

ToxicSlurpee
Nov 5, 2003

-=SEND HELP=-

Pillbug

LingcodKilla posted:

Like that ever stops anybody. If it fits in an rear end it's been in one.

Altared State
Jan 14, 2006

I think I was born to burn

Fleta Mcgurn
Oct 5, 2003

Porpoise noise continues.

Hunh, never knew Jimmy Neutron was Amish.

Panfilo
Aug 27, 2011

EXISTENCE IS PAIN😬

LingcodKilla posted:

:qq: But I how else will I make that horrible itching go away?

Ellie Crabcakes
Feb 1, 2008

Stop emailing my boyfriend Gay Crungus

Panfilo posted:

:qq: But I how else will I make that horrible itching go away?

Only registered members can see post attachments!

marshmallow creep
Dec 10, 2008

I've been sitting here for 5 mins trying to think of a joke to make but I just realised the animators of Mass Effect already did it for me

Tilda Swinton, what happened?

Crab Dad
Dec 28, 2002

behold i have tempered and refined thee, but not as silver; as CRAB

Did elastic really not exist until after the 40s?

poo poo im gonna have to google this one.

RickVoid
Oct 21, 2010

Peeny Cheez posted:

Out in the club
Errybody lookin at me
Panties on the ground
My hands full of celery.

eating only apples
Dec 12, 2009

Shall we dance?

RickVoid posted:

as they watch their child slowly wither away, and those loving mongrels

What do you think that word means?

hint: not the same as the derogatory term "mong", referring to people with Down syndrome

eating only apples has a new favorite as of 00:47 on Aug 15, 2018

Decrepus
May 21, 2008

In the end, his dominion did not touch a single poster.

Nostradingus posted:

Raw celery tastes the way a new spindle of CDs smells

like syrup?

Violet_Sky
Dec 5, 2011

Fun Shoe

I'm the poor life decisions.

Pick
Jul 19, 2009
Nap Ghost

eating only apples posted:

It means non-purebred dog, doesn't it?

RickVoid
Oct 21, 2010

hint: not the same as the derogatory term "mong", referring to people with Down syndrome

I am only aware of the term being derrogatory as related to dogs. If I have used it incorrectly, please enlighten me. I wish to be precise with my insults.

eating only apples
Dec 12, 2009

Shall we dance?

RickVoid posted:

I am only aware of the term being derrogatory as related to dogs. If I have used it incorrectly, please enlighten me. I wish to be precise with my insults.

Just a weird word to use about the parents in question. I've only ever seen it used about dogs and the children of mixed-race couples. In dogs it means a mixed or unknown breed, hence its use as a racial epithet.

That's why I thought you might have confused it with "mong", the UK derogatory term for people with Down syndrome. Not pleasant either way.

Sandwich Anarchist
Sep 12, 2008

Just a weird word to use about the parents in question. I've only ever seen it used about dogs and the children of mixed-race couples. In dogs it means a mixed or unknown breed, hence its use as a racial epithet.

That's why I thought you might have confused it with "mong", the UK derogatory term for people with Down syndrome. Not pleasant either way.

Mongrel sees common usage as a word to call someone you don't like for whatever reason, but it got its start as a racial insult.

Screaming Idiot
Nov 26, 2007

JUST POSTING WHILE JERKIN' MY GHERKIN SITTIN' IN A PERKINS!

BEATS SELLING MERKINS.

TheHomerTax posted:

One of the doctors I work with is of the firm belief we need a good plague to cull the herd. I’m beginning to agree with her.

Cool let's kill the young and immunocompromised and elderly just to get back at some dumbasses

gently caress your doctor friend and gently caress you as well

StrangersInTheNight
Dec 31, 2007
ABSOLUTE FUCKING GUDGEON
Not the first doctor I've heard say something incredibly callous and dumb about humanity. It's like while they understand intellectually they'll be helping the vulnerable and less-educated-than-them all day, it doesn't always process through their empathy glands properly - and to be fair, having to actually be around people who need you, like need need you, all day every day can be incredibly emotionally draining. That, combined with the fact that day-in and day-out they're dealing with questions that seem simple, repetitive, or misguided, it leads to a mounting frustration and an unfair anger at humanity, wondering why people can't just DO X, Y, or Z on their own or understand how X works?? Forgetting that your entire role, your professional existence, is literally to be their guide through these issues.

What I'm saying is we need shorter shifts for doctors so they can take breathers because eventually even the good ones start hating people if they don't get enough breathing room.

But yes, doctors who think they're such amazing people while simultaneously looking down upon those they help are a special sort of terrible human being, and I wish hell existed because there'd be a special room in it for those folks.

StrangersInTheNight has a new favorite as of 01:48 on Aug 15, 2018

ToxicSlurpee
Nov 5, 2003

-=SEND HELP=-

Pillbug
This might be surprising but some doctors are only in it for the money and don't give a poo poo about anything other than "am I making $250,000 a year?"

RickVoid
Oct 21, 2010

Yeah, either of those reads are pretty bad. I didn't put any thought behind the word really. In my experience there are two types of anti-vaxxers: the Upper Middle-Class Anglo-Saxon woman that is into crystals, faith/spiritual healing, has a grudge against doctors (whether legitimate due to a traumatic event or they just didn't like something a doctor told them once), and is a closeted racist but thinks they are open minded because they are open to old "home remedies" from other countries and are therefore honoring those people (insert them using the word Namaste here), or poor minorities living with access to poor healthcare coverage and little income searching social media for "home remedies" in an attempt to take care of their kids with out breaking the bank and stumbling into a hug-box full of spiders in the form of the first examples peudoscience blog.

My invective was directed at the WASP.

Downs people can be literally the nicest people on Earth, I hate that they get treated like poo poo. :smith:

RickVoid has a new favorite as of 01:55 on Aug 15, 2018

StrangersInTheNight
Dec 31, 2007
ABSOLUTE FUCKING GUDGEON

ToxicSlurpee posted:

This might be surprising but some doctors are only in it for the money and don't give a poo poo about anything other than "am I making $250,000 a year?"

Yes, and in a roundabout way I'm calling those sorts lazy, because they became doctors for the paycheck without realizing how much of an involved, difficult and constantly high-stress job it is, a career such that they'd be seeing some of the best and worst of humanity, and then dared to complain that they, UGH, need to, BLUGH, HELP PEOPLE. Then they poo poo on the people they are supposed to help, for daring to need help. gently caress those guys.

Many do actually care about being doctors though. Good eggs.

pseudorandom
Jun 16, 2010

Yam Slacker

Violet_Sky posted:

Face tattoos represent an interesting mathematical paradox; in terms of life decisions, it's one of the few cases where 69 > 88.

Untrustable
Mar 17, 2009

Picnic Princess posted:

My mom would furnish our home with things from the retirement home she worked in. My mattress smelled like a hospital. I'm certain someone died on it too, and that's why I am cursed today.

Oh the dude who shot himself on my bed didn't die. He just lost a leg from the knee down. He was cleaning a large caliber handgun and it went off into his knee.

Nuebot
Feb 18, 2013

The developer of Brigador is a secret chud, don't give him money

Untrustable posted:

Oh the dude who shot himself on my bed didn't die. He just lost a leg from the knee down. He was cleaning a large caliber handgun and it went off into his knee.

Sorry 'bout your haunted mattress. At least the worst it can do is kick your rear end in the middle of the night.

fisting by many
Dec 25, 2009

Violet_Sky posted:

You don't want to be sexual interference with a minor.

Ms Boods
Mar 19, 2009

Did you ever wonder where the Romans got bread from? It wasn't from Waitrose!

LingcodKilla posted:

My mum is 89 (born in 1929), so she was a pre-teen/teen in the early to mid 1940s -- when I was a kid in the 1970s, she was adamant that I wear only granny-pants under my school uniform (as opposed to bikini or hip-huggers) because 'They don't stay up! And there's nothing more embarrassing than to have your knickers fall down in public!!' Having your drawers or knickers fall down for whatever reason in the pre-modern elastic era was enough of a thing that it showed up in children's stories in the pre-decent elastic era and something 1940s tweens worried about because 'they knew someone it happened to!' (She claims it happened to her). Early elastics also tended to dry out in summer heat and become useless because they broke or stretched out and didn't snap back.

And now I have the Rutles' 'Knicker-elastic King' stuck in my head.

Brief (HA!) history of modern underwear

https://blog.findmypast.co.uk/pants-9-ways-underwear-changed-forever-in-1939-1434540101.html

KnickersFact! posted:

Elastic became increasingly common in underwear, replacing the buttons and clasps of previous years and making everyone sing in the streets like a scene from the Billy Elliot musical. Unfortunately in many cases it wasn't actually sewn into the underwear, simply threaded through and held together at a single seam. This meant many people had the unfortunate experience of a seam popping and their underwear falling to the floor.

Stoatbringer posted:

It's nature's toothbrush, you ignoramus!

So a missing episode of a Peter Davison Doctor Who serial? Huh.

Ms Boods has a new favorite as of 08:46 on Aug 15, 2018

MageMage
Feb 11, 2007

I SUCK AND LOVE TO YELL PERFORMATIVE HOT TAKES AND NONSENSE LIES WHEN I GET WORKED UP. SOMETIMES AUTOBANNED IS BETTER. MAYBE ONE DAY WHEN I STORM OFF I'LL ACTUALLY STOP SHITTING UP THE SITE FOR REAL

Violet_Sky posted:

I feel bad the poor guy had to join a gang in prison just to survive and mutilate his face like that.

TontoCorazon
Aug 18, 2007

MageMage posted:

I feel bad the poor guy had to join a gang in prison just to survive and mutilate his face like that.

Naw he's just an idiot

Crab Dad
Dec 28, 2002

behold i have tempered and refined thee, but not as silver; as CRAB

MageMage posted:

He’s a sound cloud rapper.

Also human garbage from admitted crimes.

T-man
Aug 22, 2010

Talk shit, get bzzzt.

I'm the windbreaker tucked haphazardly into the track pants. Is that really the best you could do, mate?

SUPERMAN'S GAL PAL
Feb 21, 2006

Holy Moly! DARKSEID IS!

Peeny Cheez posted:

LingcodKilla posted:

Ahh, the timeless work of Art Frahm

SulfurMonoxideCute
Feb 9, 2008

I was under direct orders not to die
🐵❌💀

MageMage posted:

No, he just wants to exude that tough guy image. He probably grew up in Wisconsin or something.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

chitoryu12
Apr 24, 2014

Picnic Princess posted:

No, he just wants to exude that tough guy image. He probably grew up in Wisconsin or something.

Grew up in Brooklyn, got expelled from school in 8th grade and never went back. He stuck to dealing weed and making lovely rap.

He's in court right now because he was on probation for filming himself and another guy having sex with a 13-year-old girl when he was 18, and then he broke his probation after choking a teenager in a mall in Houston.