Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Powershift
Nov 23, 2009

Release date: October 26, 2018
Release systems: Xbox One, PS4
First gameplay trailer: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Dw_oH5oiUSE

-More Cowboy skyrim than cowboy GTA
-Most of your time will be spent building camps rather than robbing people
-Online mode will feature game balance breaking items only affordable by buying snake cards
-Unicorns
-Unitards
-Twonicorns

-Complete 2 treasure hunts in GTA Online to earn the double action revolver and stone hatchet in RDR2
-Preorder to unlock War Horse which is a horse with increased courage and stamina that you'll probably accidentally shoot in the back of the head
-Preorder to unlock The Outlaw Survival Kit which is a collection of consumables to replenish health and dead-eye
-Preorder digitally to unlock A Cash Bonus, You can exchange Cash for goods and services
-Preorder digitally before Aug 15 to unlock A Treasure Map, A map, to treasure
-Buy the Special edition to unlock:
--A bank robbery mission, and a gang hideout in story mode
--Dappled Black thoroughbred A horse, but black!
--Talisman and Medallian gameplay bonuses which reduce damage and increase enviromental awareness
--Gameplay boosts, Cash, and Discounts Make those snake cards go farther
--Nuevo Paraiso Gunslinger Outfit Bandito cosplay!
--The Volcanic Pistol, Pump action shotgun, and Lancaster Varmint Rifle
Buy the Ultimate Edition to unlock:
--The blackrose Bounty hunter Outfit and Copperhead Enforcer Outfit
--Black Chestnut Thoroughbred Also a horse, Also black
--Survivor Theme for your online camp That probably means what you think it means
--Faster Ranking up to level 25 online

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Powershift
Nov 23, 2009

More info will be added as it becomes available, based on the pre-order bonuses/special edition rewards, it certainly sounds like this will be the best cowboy barbie game of all time.

Dandywalken
Feb 11, 2014

Excellent title.

DMorbid
Jan 6, 2011

Hello! I see you.

Oh poo poo, RDR2 is coming out this year? For some reason I thought it got pushed back to Q1 2019, although I guess there's still plenty of time for them to do that as well. :v:

RDR is one of my favorite games of all time, and I hope this one is just as enjoyable although I am a bit worried about modern Rockstar's handling of... well, anything. At least most of the microtransaction poo poo will be confined to the multiplayer, I guess.

completely unrelate
Nov 7, 2009
I am not opposed to a cowboy skyrim barbie game. Do we know anything about the mechanics? I tried replaying the first game recently, but the controls didn't age well after having played Uncharted 4 and Bloodborne.

90s Solo Cup
Feb 22, 2011

To understand the cup
He must become the cup

Ok, I gotta get this one out of the way.

PC?

chitoryu12
Apr 24, 2014

Balliver Shagnasty posted:

Ok, I gotta get this one out of the way.

PC?

Not yet.

Tercio
Jan 30, 2003

Finally an RDR2 thread!

Halfway decent *speculative* preview:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tWSIGsUWlgI

Slush Garbo
Nov 20, 2007

FALSE SLACK
is
BETTER
than
NO SLACK
Dirt floor

Slush Garbo
Nov 20, 2007

FALSE SLACK
is
BETTER
than
NO SLACK

completely unrelate posted:

I am not opposed to a cowboy skyrim barbie game. Do we know anything about the mechanics? I tried replaying the first game recently, but the controls didn't age well after having played Uncharted 4 and Bloodborne.

You will probably hate it, it will be grand theft horse

Mode 7
Jul 28, 2007

I'm probably buying a PS4 just for this game, because RDR is one of my favourite games of all time.

Ms Adequate
Oct 30, 2011

Baby even when I'm dead and gone
You will always be my only one, my only one
When the night is calling
No matter who I become
You will always be my only one, my only one, my only one
When the night is calling

I think I've been Mandela'd because I'm from a timeline where the initial announcement confirmed this was coming to PC and everyone was super hype about that fact.

:negative:

Funso Banjo
Dec 22, 2003

Ms Adequate posted:

I think I've been Mandela'd because I'm from a timeline where the initial announcement confirmed this was coming to PC and everyone was super hype about that fact.

:negative:

It didn't say it was coming to PC. A lot of people just assumed it would, because “hey, everything comes to PC now!” If PC gets it, it will be in a couple of years.

I don’t know what Mandela’d means, though, so I might be misunderstanding what you mean.

Funso Banjo fucked around with this message at 15:55 on Aug 11, 2018

Zigmidge
May 12, 2002

Exsqueeze me, why the sour face? I'm here to lemon aid you. Let's juice it.
Goons are going to haaaaate this game :getin:

LostRook
Jun 7, 2013

Funso Banjo posted:

I don’t know what Mandela’d means, though, so I might be misunderstanding what you mean.

It's either the feeling that you're memories are wrong because you've transferred to another reality or being kept in prison for 27 years.

Also, I'm going to throw out my story speculation now so I can be smug about it down the line or quietly stealth edit it out. I'm guessing Arthur betrays the gang for a pardon and part of the reason the government was so adamant about hunting the remnants of the gang is he is pushing for it.

marshmallow creep
Dec 10, 2008

I've been sitting here for 5 mins trying to think of a joke to make but I just realised the animators of Mass Effect already did it for me

So the epilogue is Arthur enjoying his retirement when Jack walks in and plugs him?

ElwoodCuse
Jan 11, 2004

we're puttin' the band back together

Zigmidge posted:

As a Rockstar game it will no doubt have a lot that's incredible but also some things are stupidly frustrating, but goons will latch on to one or two things and repeat them forever in order to sound smart when they point out "actually, this hugely popular game sucks rear end".

Like whining about the phone calls in GTA4, which you could turn off, or "if this game is so great how come Niko isn't sad that I just ran over 100 people and shot 10 cops HUH? MY LUDO-NARRATIVE DISSONANCE"

Brannic
Aug 11, 2018

Funso Banjo posted:

Just when you get out of jail, dreaming of the sweet pussy you've got back at home, you get dumped.

LostRook
Jun 7, 2013

marshmallow creep posted:

So the epilogue is Arthur enjoying his retirement when Jack walks in and plugs him?

I'm guessing that Arthur is running for office or something, but yeah pretty much.

Oh and some speculation for online. I'm thinking that the camps are going to be a combination of GTAs Nightclub and MGS 5s Mother Base. I mean you can only make so many river boats, horses and buggies. Customized forts and PVP raiding sounds like the sort of thing that will move snake cards.

Tercio
Jan 30, 2003

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6GlsKKeaCNA

curlys gold
Jan 17, 2018

im herbert moooon

titties
May 10, 2012

They're like two suicide notes stuffed into a glitter bra

Zigmidge posted:

I am going to love this game enough to let it peg me and go atm on the first date

I will also call in sick to work to attend the midnight release, install it and download the day 1 patch for 2 hours, and then play the game for approx 3 hours until game breaking bugs make it literally unplayable until it is patched 2 weeks later. My boss will instantly know why I called in and I will get in trouble.

Beeb
Jun 29, 2003

Good hunter, free us from this waking nightmare

curlys gold posted:

im herbert moooon

Who is Herbert Moooo? I only know HerBERT MOON!

Timeless Appeal
May 28, 2006

Hugh Malone posted:

You will probably hate it, it will be grand theft horse
From what people have been able to extrapolate, it's looking a bit closer to Max Payne 3 in some ways. We've seen dual wielding guns, and it doesn't seem that you infinitely store a million guns up your butt. The recent gameplay video talked about how extra weapons are stored in your saddle. The expectation right now is that you get a melee knife, lasso, two handguns, and two two-handed guns at any given time. The last gameplay video's brief scenes of action showed stuff a lot smoother than GTA V.

As an immersion junkie, this is looking like my ultimate game. Stuff like the ability to actually take care of your horse, pour yourself a cup of coffee, hang out around a fire with your camp, and fish are the stuff I live for. I feel like this is Rockstar seeing just how far they can go with immersion on something lower stakes than a new GTA.

ElwoodCuse
Jan 11, 2004

Rockstar is clearly going for that Japanese market by putting in a fishing minigame.

Also, please put in a Phil Collins (alum of Vice City Stories!) skin

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=B7Z-eUmR2bM

High Noon. Shane. Once Upon A Time In The West. The Alamo. The 3:10 To Yuma.

curlys gold
Jan 17, 2018

the best part of RDR was playing poker in the chuparosa courtyard at night so im totally fine with the emphasis on ambient elements

davebo
Nov 15, 2006

Parallel lines do meet, but they do it incognito
College Slice
RDR was great but after single player was done, the thing I did more than anything else was climb on top of that one cabin that had the massive cougar attack and just snipe cougars because gently caress cougars. I'll be very disappointed if this game doesn't offer the same cougar-sniping experience or tries to foist adrenaline on me by forcing me to actually avoid cougars instead of cowering on a building.

Disgusting Coward
Feb 17, 2014
I hope there's a mission where an irritating dude makes outrageous demands for assistance and the player character paces backwards and forwards, blustering and threatening, before grudgingly agreeing to help them.

Powershift
Nov 23, 2009

My 3 things that will determine if this game is successful or not.

1. riding buffalo
2. riding side saddle in pretty pretty dresses
3. a punt gun to kill all the geese

^burtle
Jul 17, 2001

God of Boomin'

Is Online going to be delayed like GTAs was?

Powershift
Nov 23, 2009

You get bonuses in online for some preorder/special edition stuff, so probably not.

Tercio
Jan 30, 2003

Disgusting Coward posted:

I hope there's a mission where an irritating dude makes outrageous demands for assistance and the player character paces backwards and forwards, blustering and threatening, before grudgingly agreeing to help them.

you help goons in these games?

Beeb
Jun 29, 2003

Good hunter, free us from this waking nightmare

Powershift posted:

My 3 things that will determine if this game is successful or not.

1. riding buffalo
2. riding side saddle in pretty pretty dresses
3. a punt gun to kill all the geese

Excellent dress spotted at 5m 45s

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Dw_oH5oiUSE&t=345s

Also a punt gun would be amazing

ElwoodCuse
Jan 11, 2004

^burtle posted:

Is Online going to be delayed like GTAs was?

even if it isn't it will surely be unplayable for a week or two because of connection problems

Captain Beans
Aug 5, 2004

Whar be the beans?
Hair Elf
online had better allow you to be a mustachioed fat man with a sombrero riding a tiny donkey again

marshmallow creep
Dec 10, 2008

I've been sitting here for 5 mins trying to think of a joke to make but I just realised the animators of Mass Effect already did it for me

I hope we actually get a character creator instead of playing prebuilt avatars like the first RDR or the largely identical skinny dweebs of GTA Online.

Powershift
Nov 23, 2009

I hope we can import our GTAO character into RDRO because mine is awesome and GTAO doesn't have any good dresses.

screaden
Apr 8, 2009

davebo posted:

RDR was great but after single player was done, the thing I did more than anything else was climb on top of that one cabin that had the massive cougar attack and just snipe cougars because gently caress cougars. I'll be very disappointed if this game doesn't offer the same cougar-sniping experience or tries to foist adrenaline on me by forcing me to actually avoid cougars instead of cowering on a building.

I would go up to Torquemada (i think? the big fort right on the cliff side) and push the soldiers off the edge, the trick was to just slowly walk in to them and "guide" them over the edge rather than using the push button because then they'd all just start shooting at you

zelah
Dec 1, 2004

Diabetes, you are not invited to my pizza party.
I’m torn between getting this for PS4Pro or XB1X. I don’t really care about online, so it’s kinda down to which it’ll look better on. Is it safe to say that it’ll look better on the X? Or has rockstar not really done enough this generation to say one way or another

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Powershift
Nov 23, 2009

I'm kind of in a similar situation. I have a PS4, but it's hard to go back from a powerful computer to an underpowered console. The xXxbonexXx seems to be the more powerful "current" console, buying into that ecosystem has the possibility of it being a play anywhere title in the future, and the gamepass would be a good chance to catch up on games i missed.

On the flip side, i do already have the PS4, and i really don't look forward to paying for online again.

I don't know if i'm going to get more into Fallout 76 or RDR:O so the prospect of $600 for the console and $50 for online to play RDR:O at a reasonable visual fidelity vs just playing Fallout 76 on PC until RDR2 comes to PC.

As for what Rockstar has done this generation, their last new game was GTA 5 in 2013.