Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Bluedeanie
Jul 20, 2008

It's no longer a blue world, Max. Where could we go?

Phil Davis spent months flaunting his wrestling pedigree over Rashad Evans and then got Dad Wrestled. He also blatantly looked past Rumble Johnson and spent the whole camp talking up his inevitable matchup with Jon Jones and he didn't even have a fraction of a second worth of success against Rumble.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Brown Paper Bag
Nov 3, 2012

https://twitter.com/mymmanews/status/1029488984521617408?s=21

piratepilates
Mar 28, 2004

So I will learn to live with it. Because I can live with it. I can live with it.

whoooooooo woooouuulllldddd haaaavee gueeesssed

DoombatINC
Apr 20, 2003

Here's the thing, I'm a feminist.

I'm upset, of course, but more than anything I'm surprised

TheKingslayer
Sep 3, 2008

Look he got those in prison and didn't get them removed because he knew he would go back.

Truther Vandross
Jun 17, 2008

I remember Horodecki getting hyped up until Ryan Schultz pounded the will to live out of him in embarrassing fashion.

yea ok
Jul 27, 2006

thats sad

I.N.R.I
May 26, 2011

Thats awful. I hope they catch whoever did it

Bundt Cake
Aug 17, 2003
;(

sportsgenius86 posted:

I remember Horodecki getting hyped up until Ryan Schultz pounded the will to live out of him in embarrassing fashion.

you watched ifl

Grem
Mar 29, 2004

It's how her species communicates

Andrea Lee getting abused by her Nazi boyfriend was the surest bet in MMA this year and there was a CM Punk fight.

CommonShore
Jun 6, 2014

A true renaissance man

I hate that this happened but it's one of those "everything went exactly as expected" situations that could be funny if it weren't domestic abuse.

Skip My Posts
Aug 15, 2005

by FactsAreUseless
Its Just a coincidence that he was a nazi

TheReverend
Jun 21, 2005

Hold the phone, Nazis..... bad?!

CommonShore
Jun 6, 2014

A true renaissance man

Holy poo poo that article :staredog:

quote:

She’s sprinting. It’s 5:30 a.m. I put on my gym clothes to chase after if I had to. Donny goes back in the house and he’s like “I did it again, I did it again.” I was like ‘what did you do? Did you kill her?’ because he has killed someone before. I didn’t know if he grabbed a rock and banged her head.

quote:

“It’s hosed up because Donny used to be a cop. He’s hosed up in the head. He was making her do things to try and fake evidence that she was cheating. He was trying to get her to pull her pants off and take pictures to send to a guy so it looked like she sent it. He’s hosed up in the head.

Eat This Glob
Jan 14, 2008

God is dead. God remains dead. And we have killed him. Who will wipe this blood off us? What festivals of atonement, what sacred games shall we need to invent?

Bluedeanie posted:

Phil Davis spent months flaunting his wrestling pedigree over Rashad Evans and then got Dad Wrestled. He also blatantly looked past Rumble Johnson and spent the whole camp talking up his inevitable matchup with Jon Jones and he didn't even have a fraction of a second worth of success against Rumble.

i was super early onto the Phil Davis hype train. I knew I erred so badly when the Evans fight happened. so, so badly.

Neurosis
Jun 10, 2003
Fallen Rib

YOLOsubmarine posted:

He won me money by beating Machida in an absurdly boring fight so he’s not a disappointment to me.

Probably to himself and his family though.

It is a mistake to think that just because Machida lost Phil Davis won

Scapegoat
Sep 18, 2004

Neurosis posted:

It is a mistake to think that just because Machida lost Phil Davis won

It's been a long time since I saw this fight but from memory Davis got some takedowns and did nothing with them while Machida actually got some strikes in during the standup?

JaySB
Nov 16, 2006

Never would have guessed that the noted White Supremacist from rural Louisiana, who has also been to jail for killing someone, would also be a domestic abuser.

Seriously, gently caress that guy.

Marching Powder
Mar 8, 2008

stop the fucking fight, cornerman, your dude is fucking done and is about to be killed.
the decision was bad iirc but the fight was bad so who gives a poo poo

Skip My Posts
Aug 15, 2005

by FactsAreUseless
its coo lthe ufc offered to touch up his tattoos for free

Lid
Feb 18, 2005

And the mercy seat is awaiting,
And I think my head is burning,
And in a way I'm yearning,
To be done with all this measuring of proof.
An eye for an eye
And a tooth for a tooth,
And anyway I told the truth,
And I'm not afraid to die.
I still have Little Nog in Little Nog v Phil Davis. Having your face in so.eones balls for 15 minutes while being punched isn't winning.

willie_dee
Jun 21, 2010
I obtain sexual gratification from observing people being inflicted with violent head injuries
Pure mma

Troxartas
Jan 13, 2007

The Old Warhorse

#Police #Nazi

Skip My Posts
Aug 15, 2005

by FactsAreUseless
statistically police officers abuse their wives moer than nazis do. mathematically

Captain Log
Oct 2, 2006

Captain Log posted:

"I AINT DYING! Choo choo motherfucker!"
:toot::birddrugs::toot:

What a piece of human trash. I hope he gets a lot of books thrown at him. Big ole' lawyering books.

mewse
May 2, 2006

Did Dana ever explain his statement “actually Conor does have a title defense, but she lives in Canada and you’ve never met her”

Skip My Posts
Aug 15, 2005

by FactsAreUseless
that sounds like someone saying it doesnt really exist like your buddy that says he got a girlfriend up in canada that youve never met

Orange Carlisle
Jul 14, 2007

I posted about nothing interesting happening and then this happens

I take it all back I don't want anything interesting to happen

TheCool69
Sep 23, 2011

Troxartas posted:

#Police #Nazi

Crazy thing is that apparently UFC offered to pay for his coverup

https://twitter.com/smoogymma/status/1029501515071934464?s=19

Marching Powder
Mar 8, 2008

stop the fucking fight, cornerman, your dude is fucking done and is about to be killed.
cerrone is fighting perry? that's the only fight i care about rn

Bluedeanie
Jul 20, 2008

In case any of you have ever wanted to buy a $750 to $2500 chicken before it hatches, early access tickets to Khabib vs Conor are going on sale tomorrow. And yes, that's what they're charging for seats.

TheKingslayer
Sep 3, 2008

TheCool69 posted:

Crazy thing is that apparently UFC offered to pay for his coverup

https://twitter.com/smoogymma/status/1029501515071934464?s=19

But remember, he said to cover it up would have looked even more white trash. So I guess it's better to just be a Nazi or whatever.

Orange Carlisle
Jul 14, 2007

Marching Powder posted:

cerrone is fighting perry? that's the only fight i care about rn

That's gonna be rad as hell

Eat This Glob
Jan 14, 2008

God is dead. God remains dead. And we have killed him. Who will wipe this blood off us? What festivals of atonement, what sacred games shall we need to invent?

Bluedeanie posted:

In case any of you have ever wanted to buy a $750 to $2500 chicken before it hatches, early access tickets to Khabib vs Conor are going on sale tomorrow. And yes, that's what they're charging for seats.

:yikes:

kimbo305
Jun 9, 2007

actually, yeah, I am a little mad

Bluedeanie posted:

That's a function of them not preselling the cheap seats, right?

Bluedeanie
Jul 20, 2008

kimbo305 posted:

That's possible. I didn't really look at the seating chart, just the available price range :eyepop:

Waroduce
Aug 5, 2008

Bluedeanie posted:

Seems cheap tbh. Would expect superbowl level of price gouging primary aimed at corporate clients

CRISPYBABY
Dec 15, 2007

by Reene

kimbo305 posted:

In Vegas, for a Conor fight? Haha, probably not.

I think they're shifting to the Mayweather attendence model where 90% of the tickets go to either celebrities, high rollers, or both. Also those are probably comped and the only people paying full price are the remaining 10% of super degenerate fight fans who mortgaged a house to get in the door.

e: or corporate clients, I guess. I could go on a rant here about how corporate shadow entertainment economies are absurd and how insanely silly it is that there's a wide variety of services and events that even rich people are wary of spending their own money on but make profits entirely from people billing to businesses that are like 'sure, whatever" but mostly I'd be tilting at windmills.

CRISPYBABY fucked around with this message at 23:34 on Aug 15, 2018

Skip My Posts
Aug 15, 2005

by FactsAreUseless
Lol at all that bullshit. People from all over are willing to pay a lot to see this fight live

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

STING 64
Oct 20, 2006

Skip My Posts posted:

Lol at all that bullshit. People from all over are willing to pay a lot to see this fight live

im gonna get paid to watch it lol

• Locked thread