Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

EIDE Van Hagar
Dec 8, 2000

Beep Boop

Sagebrush posted:

nah, that's when you're selling 100k+ luxobarges like bentleys or whatever. supercars are the one place where you can get away with making something that costs as much as a house and feels like riding in a coffin made out of a bathtub because you can say it's for performance reasons.

this is apparently the only picture on the internet of someone getting into a countach. i wonder why

yeah getting into exotic cars is supposed to be like lowering yourself into a bathtub with a ceiling 1 foot over the lip of the bathtub. if you don't have a side frame rail there that goes up to the height of a normal car window and doesn't move when the door opens, it's not a real exotic car.

also the seats are hard because that makes the car lighter and go faster. padding is for lexuses and mercedes cars for old people.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=D8aJkf-VXio

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

EIDE Van Hagar
Dec 8, 2000

Beep Boop
i have gotten 10x more flexible after getting the lotus because i have to put my feet up by my face every time i want to get in or out of it.

Arcteryx Anarchist
Sep 15, 2007

Fun Shoe
i felt pretty cozy in the F430 Scuderia I drove once :shrug:

canyoneer
Sep 13, 2005

I only have canyoneyes for you

it's a suth effrican rawhide kobayashi

creationist believer
Feb 16, 2007

College Slice

Dixie Cretin Seaman posted:

that depends on whether KSA takes spacex private

spacex more likely to get bought by KSP imo

President Beep
Apr 30, 2009

i have to have a car because otherwise i cant drive around the country solving mysteries while being doggedly pursued by federal marshals for a crime i did not commit (9/11)

canyoneer posted:

it's a suth effrican rawhide kobayashi

lol. beat me to it.

canyoneer
Sep 13, 2005

I only have canyoneyes for you

creationist believer posted:

spacex more likely to get bought by KSP imo

lol

President Beep
Apr 30, 2009

i have to have a car because otherwise i cant drive around the country solving mysteries while being doggedly pursued by federal marshals for a crime i did not commit (9/11)
augmented reality

OJ MIST 2 THE DICK
Sep 11, 2008

Anytime I need to see your face I just close my eyes
And I am taken to a place
Where your crystal minds and magenta feelings
Take up shelter in the base of my spine
Sweet like a chica cherry cola

-Cheap Trick

Nap Ghost
good news theres a bunch of unsold teslas in this video

https://twitter.com/23dawit/status/1029016297668046848?s=19

elmer chud
May 18, 2018
(USER WAS PUT ON PROBATION FOR THIS POST)

Isn't he the guy that started the solar company that musk bought

Gazpacho
Jun 18, 2004

by Fluffdaddy
Slippery Tilde
he looks more likely to be invested in bootlegging

elmer chud
May 18, 2018
(USER WAS PUT ON PROBATION FOR THIS POST)
I'm surprised that car isn't painted like the general lee

EIDE Van Hagar
Dec 8, 2000

Beep Boop
sorry guys that belt buckle fuckin rules

President Beep
Apr 30, 2009

what has texas done to you?

wyoak
Feb 14, 2005

a glass case of emotion

Fallen Rib
Kimbal owns some good restaurants in the Denver area

kierrie
Jun 7, 2010
lmao at the guy who thinks elon musk has a mortgage.

hobbesmaster
Jan 28, 2008

kierrie posted:

lmao at the guy who thinks elon musk has a mortgage.

you don’t get rich spending your own money when the bank’s money will do just fine

EIDE Van Hagar
Dec 8, 2000

Beep Boop

hobbesmaster posted:

you don’t get rich spending your own money when the bank’s money will do just fine

yes, time value of money, my friend.

rich people still borrow money because people will lend it to them for free, and they can use the money they don't sink into buying a house outright into something that has better returns.

Taintrunner
Apr 10, 2017

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
stealing this from the c-spam thread

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5zNtTfzYiu4

PleasureKevin
Jan 2, 2011

as a person who just wrote two paragraphs where i had to muster all my knowledge from entry level college accounting, and all my knowledge from the 4-5 college finance club meetings that I attended solely because it was hosted by my statistics class group project partner who was trying avidly to avoid me... would i be right in saying Musk is walking a dental floss tight rope over a wilderness of razor blades?

now speaking from the perspective of someone who has seen Arbitrage starring Richard Gere, isn’t over-inflating your business in order bolster the portfolios of stakeholders the job of any sexually perverted CEO who exploits blacks?

Sniep
Mar 28, 2004

All I needed was that fatty blunt...

King of Breakfast

can you talk normal for like, 15 seconds

Moist von Lipwig
Oct 28, 2006

by FactsAreUseless
Tortured By Flan

Dixie Cretin Seaman posted:

that depends on whether KSA takes spacex private

They'll probably get desperate enough to try and do it to drop some tungsten telephone poles on Yemen only for a Houthi to knock their orbital bombardment platform out of orbit with a reflection from a piece of polished tin can

Moist von Lipwig
Oct 28, 2006

by FactsAreUseless
Tortured By Flan

PleasureKevin posted:

trying avidly to avoid me...

is this a theme in your life because it certainly is for your posting

Powerful Two-Hander
Mar 10, 2004

Mods please change my name to "Tooter Skeleton" TIA.

lmao equities as collateral for anything slays me

what's a second order risk????

Crazy Achmed
Mar 13, 2001

On the subject of sarth effriker, I have fond memories of watching the goodies when I was a child but never saw the episode where they go to south africa. Good lord is it racist
https://www.dailymotion.com/video/x2r1oxy

Silver Alicorn
Mar 30, 2008

𝓪 𝓻𝓮𝓭 𝓹𝓪𝓷𝓭𝓪 𝓲𝓼 𝓪 𝓬𝓾𝓻𝓲𝓸𝓾𝓼 𝓼𝓸𝓻𝓽 𝓸𝓯 𝓬𝓻𝓮𝓪𝓽𝓾𝓻𝓮

:frog::patriot:

akadajet
Sep 14, 2003

i cry every time

Triglav
Jun 2, 2007

IT IS HARAAM TO SEND SMILEY FACES THROUGH THE INTERNET

PleasureKevin posted:

would i be right in saying Musk is walking a dental floss tight rope over a wilderness of razor blades?

as the article says, he's fine unless tsla hits $90/share. unless the stock goes below $90, its going down will only hinders his ability to buy acid and fund spacex and the boring company

but despite $90/share probably being a realistic number for tesla, it would send the company into a death spiral:
- convertible debt will come due and need to be paid in cash they don't have instead of "free" stock
- investor confidence would be lost following at 75% drop in share price, making continued equity financing more difficult
- employees would braindrain the company because their options are worthless

Mr. Nice!
Oct 13, 2005

c-spam cannot afford

tesla just got subpoenaed by the sec

FAUXTON
Jun 2, 2005

spero che tu stia bene

Aye, gromseygrims, wit tar feck is a soob-poo-ina an whoo is the iss-ee-see?

Improbable Lobster
Jan 6, 2012

What is the Matrix 🌐? We just don't know 😎.

Buglord

Rex-Goliath posted:

then decided it’d be a good idea to get extremely online on acid

writers for silicon valley are probably furious at having to scrap so much material they had ready for next season

the last season had entirely too much tesla dicksucking

George
Nov 27, 2004

No love for your made-up things.
well this is the year everyone chokes on it i guess

Cocoa Crispies
Jul 20, 2001

Vehicular Manslaughter!

Pillbug

Improbable Lobster posted:

the last season had entirely too much tesla dicksucking

yeah the jokes about Dinesh buying a Stanford Camry for an underling were good but the ones about how fast it goes or that cops want to drive one were bad

President Beep
Apr 30, 2009

Mr. Nice! posted:

:yeshaha:

hifi
Jul 25, 2012

Sagebrush posted:

one of the 152s i fly has a metal bar like that in the seat that you can feel.

so tesla has at least reached the level of seat comfort provided by a 40 year old small airplane where everything is built to minimize weight above all else

luxury vehicles

nah, that's when you're selling 100k+ luxobarges like bentleys or whatever. supercars are the one place where you can get away with making something that costs as much as a house and feels like riding in a coffin made out of a bathtub because you can say it's for performance reasons.

this is apparently the only picture on the internet of someone getting into a countach. i wonder why

thats how ray gets into his lambo too

President Beep
Apr 30, 2009

this is the largest car I could afford.

jre
Sep 2, 2011

To the cloud ?

Mr. Nice! posted:

Stymie
Jan 9, 2001

by LITERALLY AN ADMIN

Mr. Nice! posted:

wow, they're going to have a tough time, that's a pretty serious division

i can't imagine they'll be much of a challenge to florida or arkansas

President Beep
Apr 30, 2009

Stymie posted:

i can't imagine they'll be much of a challenge to florida or arkansas

lol.

:secsmug:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

FAUXTON
Jun 2, 2005

spero che tu stia bene

Stymie posted: