Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Eltoasto
Aug 26, 2002

We come spinning out of nothingness, scattering stars like dust.

Joey Freshwater posted:

It’s weird how in here everyone thinks it was Mattingly’s Call but the guys on TV think Urena acted on his own

They have come around to that, but earlier they were thinking Mattingly made the call. Frenchy definitely did.

And of course Gausman is going to suck rear end and we won't even win for revenge.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

elentar
Aug 26, 2002

Every single year the Ivy League takes a break from fucking up the world through its various alumni to fuck up everyone's bracket instead.

Joey Freshwater posted:

It’s weird how in here everyone thinks it was Mattingly’s Call but the guys on TV think Urena acted on his own

Mattingly is a known bitch

Mike_V
Jul 31, 2004

3/18/2023: Day of the Dorks
Ump in Nats/Cards game seems to be calling a tight zone tonight

Joey Freshwater
Jun 20, 2004

Always playing with my meat
Grimey Drawer

elentar posted:

Mattingly is a known bitch

I dont disagree I just thought it was interesting

the popes toes
Oct 10, 2004

Man, it would be nice if Correa ignites the Astros to start hitting again

I. M. Gei
Jun 26, 2005

CHIEFS

BITCH

Apparently this is not the first time Urena has been an rear end in a top hat.

divx
Aug 21, 2005

Hahaha security had to hold back fans from charging the field

elentar
Aug 26, 2002

Every single year the Ivy League takes a break from fucking up the world through its various alumni to fuck up everyone's bracket instead.
Apparently fastest pitch Ureña has thrown to start a game all year, and at the very upper reaches of his velocity.

Pancakes
May 21, 2001

Crypto-Rump Roast

Squall posted:

RIP our fallen comrade.

Glad Acuña is able to stay in the game.

Per EHF: Acuna doesn't hot dog it or anything, he just mashes taters and plays around with Albies. MLB better suspend his rear end for his own protection.

That's right, EHF is so angry about this that they're PMing their rage.

Poque
Sep 11, 2003

=^-^=
Contract the Marlins

Joey Freshwater
Jun 20, 2004

Grimey Drawer

elentar posted:

Apparently fastest pitch Ureña has thrown to start a game all year, and at the very upper reaches of his velocity.

https://mobile.twitter.com/ESPNStatsInfo/status/1029880980390244352?ref_src=twsrc%5Egoogle%7Ctwcamp%5Eserp%7Ctwgr%5Etweet

I. M. Gei
Jun 26, 2005

CHIEFS

BITCH

No seriously, I wish BAD, UNSPEAKABLE THINGS on this man and the rest of his team. But mostly him, Mattingly, and Jeter.

That hit was absolutely intentional and I hope people on TV talk about it constantly for months and that Urena’s career is over.

Pancakes
May 21, 2001

Crypto-Rump Roast
BIG BEAR

Mike_V
Jul 31, 2004

do other team's broadcasts consistently get crickets by a field mic or is it just the cardinals

also, big bear hits another dong. now would be a good time for him to find his OPS again

Pancakes
May 21, 2001

Crypto-Rump Roast
I actually put on the "Big Bear" song from Super Troopers when Ozuna hits a dong.

Poque
Sep 11, 2003

=^-^=
I am furious that the Marlins are allowed to continue playing this game

Pancakes
May 21, 2001

Crypto-Rump Roast

Poque posted:

I am furious that the Marlins are allowed to continue playing this game

More than anyone in the thread, you have email addresses you could light the gently caress up over this.

DO SOMETHING

Mike_V
Jul 31, 2004

oh good today is the broadcast that danny mac and rick horton will suck off the military for 9 innings

Poque
Sep 11, 2003

=^-^=
I've almost accidentally sent so many emails to Magic Johnson because his name showed up first in the league directory for awhile

'Magic' Johnson, Earvin

Mike_V
Jul 31, 2004

wait nevermind. i can select the radio broadcast on roku hell yeah, time to listen to mike shannon drunkenly ramble

Pancakes
May 21, 2001

Crypto-Rump Roast

Mike_V posted:

oh good today is the broadcast that danny mac and rick horton will suck off the military for 9 innings

The White Sox do a "Hero of the Game" every goddamn game and there's a cultural expectation among good seats that you stand up and applaud for everyone, regardless of their backstory. I get dirty looks when I stay seated, all while I enviously look at the upper deck folks who can get away with not giving a gently caress.

the popes toes
Oct 10, 2004

Hey Yuli, it's like the old Astros are back

PrinceRandom
Feb 26, 2013

The astros are scoring runs at home...

Mr. Meagles
Apr 30, 2004

Out here, everything hurts

Pancakes posted:

I actually put on the "Big Bear" song from Super Troopers when Ozuna hits a dong.

This song has perpetually been in my head since I first saw that movie like 15 years ago

Pancakes
May 21, 2001

Crypto-Rump Roast
I love me some Harrison Bader highlight reel catches.

Mike_V
Jul 31, 2004

harrison bader kicks rear end. probably didn't have to dive but it looked cooler

Pancakes
May 21, 2001

Crypto-Rump Roast
Seriously, layout catches at full speed are loving hard (at least in ultimate frisbee) and I'm always impressed by them.

Joey Freshwater
Jun 20, 2004

Grimey Drawer
Hell yeah Charlie

Intruder
Mar 5, 2003

I got a taste for blown saves
*turns on game*

Whoa where the hell has this been

RC and Moon Pie
May 5, 2011

Kiss my rear end, Miami.

Squall
Mar 10, 2010

"...whatever."
DANSBY DONG :swoon:

Joey Freshwater
Jun 20, 2004

Grimey Drawer
gently caress yeah, Dansby

Get hosed Marlins

elentar
Aug 26, 2002

Dansby coming online lately

Mr. Meagles
Apr 30, 2004

Out here, everything hurts

Mike_V posted:

Man alive I'm switching to Bob Carpenter and the Nats broadcast because Dan and Ricky are piling this on thick

BasicFunk
Feb 26, 2011

How's your Funkentelechy?
Extra intense high fives. Motherfuckers are AMPED in the Braves dugout!

Mike_V
Jul 31, 2004

Tom Gorman posted:

Man alive I'm switching to Bob Carpenter and the Nats broadcast because Dan and Ricky are piling this on thick

mike shannon is currently enamored with a sign that says YOU STOLE MY HEART SO I STOLE YOUR LAST NAME. it's the funniest thing he's heard in years it seems like

Pancakes
May 21, 2001

Crypto-Rump Roast

Tom Gorman posted:

I'm just watching the video while listening to the "Hadestown" soundtrack.

Intruder
Mar 5, 2003

I got a taste for blown saves
Arenado almost got hit in the head by Cole just now and in the process of diving out of the way his bat went through the zone and man even though it went my team's way I think it's bullshit that it's called a strike

Joey Freshwater
Jun 20, 2004

Grimey Drawer
Urena is in line to pitch in Game 3 of next weeks Braves Marlins series.

I’d be surprised if he’s not suspended though

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

KICK BAMA KICK
Mar 2, 2009

Please tell me Dansby did cartwheels or c-walked the entire trot or something.

• Locked thread