Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
DEEP STATE PLOT
Aug 13, 2008

Yes...Ha ha ha...YES!

with the next community and raid days so far away i hope niantic has some decent event planned before then.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Mustached Demon
Nov 12, 2016

DEEP STATE PLOT posted:

with the next community and raid days so far away i hope niantic has some decent event planned before then.

Shiny groudon?!

HookShot
Dec 26, 2005
Moltres will never stop being "Fire Chicken" to me.

oddium
Feb 21, 2006

end of the 4.5 tatami age

moltres is extremely ugly and everyone on the red team should feel bad

seiferguy
Jun 9, 2005

FLAWED
INTUITION

Toilet Rascal

oddium posted:

moltres is extremely ugly and everyone on the red team should feel bad

In-game wise it's the best attacker of the three though :grin:

DizzyBum
Apr 16, 2007

I was able to make it a Registeel raid at the EX gym we're targeting this week. Caught it on my last ball, finally getting the Pokedex entry. That was probably my last chance to get one, so I'm happy. We also have a very good chance of getting more EX passes in a couple days.

HookShot posted:

Moltres will never stop being "Fire Chicken" to me.

Every time I bring out Moltres or Blaziken in a gym or raid battle I think to myself "Arise, chicken. Chicken, arise."

oddium
Feb 21, 2006

end of the 4.5 tatami age

yeah it’s the most offensive alright. offensive to look at

Willsun
Dec 9, 2006

I willed too hard again...

DizzyBum posted:

Every time I bring out Moltres or Blaziken in a gym or raid battle I think to myself "Arise, chicken. Chicken, arise."

I have had this thought before and I love this.

I also think it's a testament to its (bad?) design that people worldwide call Moltres "fire chicken" so easily.

PathAsc
Nov 15, 2011

Hail SS-18 Satan may he cleanse us with nuclear fire

PISS TAPE IS REAL

Chickens are evil shitbirds, so the fire version of murderbird trio is badass by virtue of looking the way it does.

Kheldarn
Feb 17, 2011

They're making a goon friendly version:

https://twitter.com/PokemonGoApp/status/1029827590444539910

Dragonstoned
Jan 15, 2006

MR. DOG WITH BEES IN HIS MOUTH AND WHEN HE BARKS HE SHOOTS BEES AT YOU
by Roger Hargreaves

I always refer to that dumb teddy bear as Turdursa because I don't really like that there is a pokemon based on a teddy bear.

PathAsc posted:

Chickens are evil shitbirds...

Chickens are actually quite sweet, like with most animals they only become evil shitbirds if you treat them like poo poo and are a bad owner.

pubic works project
Jan 28, 2005

No Decepticon in history, and I say this with great surety, has been treated worse or more unfairly.

Dragonstoned posted:

I always refer to that dumb teddy bear as Turdursa because I don't really like that there is a pokemon based on a teddy bear.

How dare you talk that way about one of my favorite Pokémon!

FistEnergy
Nov 3, 2000

DAY CREW: WORKING HARD

Fun Shoe

Dragonstoned posted:

I think you mean Islammy Bear.

Cowslips Warren
Oct 29, 2005

What use had they for tricks and cunning, living in the enemy's warren and paying his price?

Grimey Drawer
I love the legendaries Suicide and Groupon.

Psychobabble!
Jun 22, 2010

Observing this filth unsettles me

Beachcomber posted:

Not Cubone?

My boyfriend calls Cubone "baby weirdo" and I kind of love it.

hamburgers in pockets posted:

My Arcanine since the game first came out has been Doge Caliente, but I may have to move that name over to Entei.

I still have my original Arcanine and it's name is CALIENTE PUP :hf:

In other news, Go Hub on point:

Beachcomber
May 21, 2007

Another day in paradise.

Slippery Tilde

Dragonstoned posted:

There's two.

DEEP STATE PLOT
Aug 13, 2008

Yes...Ha ha ha...YES!

yeah the local raid group here is pretty active but we pretty much all called it quits as soon as each of us had a registeel. be interesting to see what they do for 5 star raids after regirock. maybe gen 4 will be out by then and it'll be one of the lake trio.

CROWS EVERYWHERE
Dec 17, 2012

CAW CAW CAW

Dinosaur Gum

Dragonstoned posted:

Chickens are actually quite sweet, like with most animals they only become evil shitbirds if you treat them like poo poo and are a bad owner.

You will be very sad to hear there is a new teddy bear Pokemon line in Alola, Stuffull and Bewear. Stuffull is a cute pink teddy bear with a happy face who actually loathes cuddles and is full of hatred and evil. When it evolves into Bewear it learns to love hugs but unfortunately also gains the size and strength of a real bear and crushes children to death on the reg. It's canon.

Ziddar
Jul 24, 2003

Time Travel: Not Even Once

okay maybe a few times

CROWS EVERYWHERE posted:

You will be very sad to hear there is a new teddy bear Pokemon line in Alola, Stuffull and Bewear. Stuffull is a cute pink teddy bear with a happy face who actually loathes cuddles and is full of hatred and evil. When it evolves into Bewear it learns to love hugs but unfortunately also gains the size and strength of a real bear and crushes children to death on the reg. It's canon.

This isn't even an exaggeration. Its Moon dex entry states, "This Pokémon has the habit of hugging its companions. Many Trainers have left this world after their spines were squashed by its hug. "

The face of fatal hugs.

runawayturtles
Aug 2, 2004
The sun/moon dex is regularly morbid or cynical and I find it hilarious. Good old rotom.

Untrustable
Mar 17, 2009

Ziddar posted:

This isn't even an exaggeration. Its Moon dex entry states, "This Pokémon has the habit of hugging its companions. Many Trainers have left this world after their spines were squashed by its hug. "

The face of fatal hugs.

Gosh, things got dire as the number of Pokemon increased I guess.

DEEP STATE PLOT
Aug 13, 2008

Yes...Ha ha ha...YES!

Untrustable posted:

Gosh, things got dire as the number of Pokemon increased I guess.

nah, the new pokemon are good and also cool. gen 5 in particular really kicked rear end for its designs.

Untrustable
Mar 17, 2009

So the pink Teddy bear is an outlier? Good to know.

DEEP STATE PLOT
Aug 13, 2008

Yes...Ha ha ha...YES!

gen 3 is kinda the low point. gen 4 ain't great either but it's a substantial improvement over gen 3. gen 5 and onward rules.

Rich Uncle Chet
Jan 20, 2005

The Law? Law is a Human Institution.

Untrustable posted:

So the pink Teddy bear is an outlier? Good to know.

How DARE you

endlessmonotony
Nov 4, 2009

by Fritz the Horse

DEEP STATE PLOT posted:

gen 3 is kinda the low point. gen 4 ain't great either but it's a substantial improvement over gen 3. gen 5 and onward rules.

Klink and Vanillite are both generation 5. Generation 5 sucks way worse than generation 3.

Beachcomber
May 21, 2007

Another day in paradise.

Slippery Tilde
Gen 3 is one of the best, and gen 5 wasn't very Pokémon-y.

DEEP STATE PLOT
Aug 13, 2008

Yes...Ha ha ha...YES!

endlessmonotony posted:

Klink and Vanillite are both generation 5. Generation 5 sucks way worse than generation 3.

you have extraordinarily wrong opinions if you don't love the gently caress outta the vanillite line.

Ziddar
Jul 24, 2003

Time Travel: Not Even Once

okay maybe a few times

Gen 5 has some of the best pokemon and I can't wait for Go to eventually get there. :colbert:

Golurk is fantastic.

endlessmonotony posted:

:smith:

DEEP STATE PLOT
Aug 13, 2008

Yes...Ha ha ha...YES!

Beachcomber posted:

Gen 3 is one of the best, and gen 5 wasn't very Pokémon-y.

how in the hell was gen 5 'not very pokemon-y', like what does that even mean

Untrustable
Mar 17, 2009

I don't know, isn't every generation like...3 starters (water, fire, grass), a couple of birds with a couple of evolutions, floating metal electric Pokemon, and some bugs that turn into cocoons that turn into butterflies/moths? Oh also something doofy that evolves into something cool.

Edit: I just looked up Klink. What the gently caress? Klink, klang, klinklang. That's dumb as hell.

Beachcomber
May 21, 2007

Another day in paradise.

Slippery Tilde

DEEP STATE PLOT posted:

how in the hell was gen 5 'not very pokemon-y', like what does that even mean

It means the same as saying Gen 3 is a low point.

Gen 5 had lots of good mons, but so do all gens. The ones I didn't like felt more Digimon-y to me than, say, poochyena.

Also, I hate the gently caress out of the elemental monkeys.

DEEP STATE PLOT
Aug 13, 2008

Yes...Ha ha ha...YES!

Untrustable posted:

I don't know, isn't every generation like...3 starters (water, fire, grass), a couple of birds with a couple of evolutions, floating metal electric Pokemon, and some bugs that turn into cocoons that turn into butterflies/moths? Oh also something doofy that evolves into something cool.

gen 5 has a ghost chandelier, an amoeba, a giant centipede of death, a sentient sarcophagus, a living representation of the nazca lines, an archaeopteryx, a jousting bug, and the world's cutest blood-sucking parasite. gen 5 is fuckin baller.

Mustached Demon
Nov 12, 2016

DEEP STATE PLOT posted:

gen 5 has a ghost chandelier, an amoeba, a giant centipede of death, a sentient sarcophagus, a living representation of the nazca lines, an archaeopteryx, a jousting bug, and the world's cutest blood-sucking parasite. gen 5 is fuckin baller.

A literal sack of trash that turns into a pile of trash. A fighter wielding a steel girder.

Untrustable
Mar 17, 2009

My fellow Pokemon Go people. I did not play beyond the second generation. The dancing cactus upthread is cool as gently caress tho. I asked my wife if it was an evolution for the cactus I caught and she said it wasn't so now I'm bummed. I've forgotten what my point was. How do I get the cool cactus?

IcePhoenix
Sep 18, 2005

Take me to your Shida

TheEye posted:

The sun/moon dex is regularly morbid or cynical and I find it hilarious. Good old rotom.

My friend, it has been like this since gen 1 on the game boy

DEEP STATE PLOT
Aug 13, 2008

Yes...Ha ha ha...YES!

Beachcomber posted:

It means the same as saying Gen 3 is a low point.

Gen 5 had lots of good mons, but so do all gens. The ones I didn't like felt more Digimon-y to me than, say, poochyena.

Also, I hate the gently caress out of the elemental monkeys.

i mean gen 3 has some good pokemon like ludicolo and anorith, but it also just has so goddamn many forgettable or outright poo poo designs as well. there is no generation in the series for which i can name fewer pokemon off the top of my head than gen 3 because so many are just so, so uninteresting. even gen 4, which also has a lot of mediocre-to-bad designs, there's still more good designs there.

Mustached Demon posted:

A literal sack of trash that turns into a pile of trash. A fighter wielding a steel girder.

if you mean this in any way other than garbodor being fuckin awesome then you are a bad human being.

Untrustable
Mar 17, 2009

DEEP STATE PLOT posted:

Ghost Chandelier: Misdreavus (sp?)
An amoeba: Ditto
Giant Centipede of death: Wurmple
A sentient sarcophagus: Sarcophagon
A living representation of the Nazca lines: Nazcanon
An archaeopteryx: archaeopteryx
A jousting bug: Joustabout
Blood sucking parasite: Rattatas

See? Every Pokemon has parallels to the previous generations.

Mustached Demon
Nov 12, 2016

Braviary: the pokemon embodiment of :911:

That chill as gently caress dog.

Yes I'm saying gen5 owned.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Willsun
Dec 9, 2006

I willed too hard again...

Untrustable posted:

I've forgotten what my point was. How do I get the cool cactus?

It's the final evolution of Lotad, the little blue blob with a giant lily pad on its head. Unfortunately for you, its gimmick is that it only comes out during rainy weather (or things like the water event) in Pokemon Go.

The cactus boy you see dancing all the time evolves into some scarecrow-with-jack-o-latern-head of a humanoid cactus.

• Locked thread