Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

jyrque
Sep 4, 2011

Gravy Boat 2k

AnElegantPeacock posted:

Hey Hard, to avoid further frustration you should probably change the match making timer to some kind of bar graph. I've been casual queuing for the last several hours and never once managed to connect in the allotted amount of time. 34 seconds? More like 3 minutes and 40 seconds. Lol.

Drop out of queue, requeue, get a half filled game instantaneously. Works for casual at least due to more players leaving early.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Fart Car '97
Jul 23, 2003

people still take the time to screenshot and post this rather than just dropping out and re-queuing lol

Orv
May 4, 2011
Bitching on the internet solves my video game queue times with 100% reliability. Every time I say "Well I guess you better loving requeue this bullshit" it pops.

Try it at home kids!

ClassicFascist
Jul 8, 2011
I mean honestly posting about queue times is such passé bullshit. Especially when the solution posted above works like 90% of the time. The horse is long loving dead, we can stop beating it off now.

Wallrod
Sep 27, 2004
Stupid Baby Picture

ClassicFascist posted:

we can stop beating it off now.
hmm
I recently got a logitech mouse that apparently has an RGB light that can respond to stuff that happens in discord. Whoever OKed putting this poo poo in discord needs to gently caress all the way off.

Cup Runneth Over
Aug 8, 2009

She said life's
Too short to worry
Life's too long to wait
It's too short
Not to love everybody
Life's too long to hate

ClassicFascist posted:

I mean honestly posting about queue times is such passé bullshit. Especially when the solution posted above works like 90% of the time. The horse is long loving dead, we can stop beating it off now.

Hey you know what would instantly ensure that those posts are never ever seen again? Programming the loving game to requeue you automatically when you pass over the estimated wait time.

Orv
May 4, 2011

ClassicFascist posted:

Nah.

Thief
Jan 28, 2011

:420::420::420::420::420::420::420::420::420::420::420:
the game has been pretty good at both dumping you into a game in progress and immediately filling empty spots with random ppl

going way over the estimate happens sometimes but more often than not i find myself in a match before 2:30s

even ranked times are fairly quick, especially in relation to other shooters whose spergbase spends more time watching youtube pro strats than actually playing because they're waiting for everyone to ready up

ClassicFascist
Jul 8, 2011

Very intentional.

Cup Runneth Over posted:

Hey you know what would instantly ensure that those posts are never ever seen again? Programming the loving game to requeue you automatically when you pass over the estimated wait time.

Fixing something that’s a not an issue for anyone with a half functioning broken brain sounds like a wonderfully productive use of time.

ClassicFascist fucked around with this message at 20:32 on Aug 16, 2018

Cup Runneth Over
Aug 8, 2009

She said life's
Too short to worry
Life's too long to wait
It's too short
Not to love everybody
Life's too long to hate

ClassicFascist posted:

Fixing something that’s a not an issue for anyone with a half functioning broken brain sounds like a wonderfully productive use of time.

Uh yeah, UI/UX is in fact an incredibly productive use of time and this is why you aren't a game designer.

Thief
Jan 28, 2011

don't worry operation healths now have cooler names like Grim Sky

also:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=azBGjLrWwSs

Apprentice Dick
Dec 1, 2009
Great, now when do I get an operator named Goose?

SpazmasterX
Jul 13, 2006

Wrong about everything XIV related
~fartz~
I'm wondering if you have any control over his blowtorch or if just makes long murder holes of a predetermined length.

Thief
Jan 28, 2011

there better be more to it or he is just a lovely Hibana lol. what if a teammate can shoot his tank and insta breach whatever he's standing next to?

either way if maverick tries to cut into my off-site fortress of solitude i'ma be like :goofy:

Megaman's Jockstrap
Jul 16, 2000

What a horrible thread to have a post.
"really big hole, coming right up!" *spends 2 minutes carving the outline of a dick and balls into a reinforced wall*

Orv
May 4, 2011

Thief posted:

lovely Hibana

Hi lovely Hibana.

Xaintrailles
Aug 14, 2015

:hellyeah::histdowns:

Kikas
Oct 30, 2012

Megaman's Jockstrap posted:

"really big hole, coming right up!" *spends 2 minutes carving the outline of a dick and balls into a reinforced wall*

Please, we all know this will be used to carve out loss.jpg within the fist our of opening the test server.

Also his face seems familiar as hell. The music and the voice remind me of the Prince from the Sands of Time trilogy, but it's not that.

The Shame Boy
Jan 27, 2014

Dead weight, just like this post.

For a CG trailer he sure did rather roboticlly swivel his hips to aim at sombody on the other side of the wall right at the end though.

Orv
May 4, 2011

Kikas posted:

Also his face seems familiar as hell. The music and the voice remind me of the Prince from the Sands of Time trilogy, but it's not that.

ClassicFascist
Jul 8, 2011

Cup Runneth Over posted:

Uh yeah, UI/UX is in fact an incredibly productive use of time and this is why you aren't a game designer.

Oh and here I thought it was my complete lack of desire to design video games. Thanks for clearing that up for me. And don’t go trying to explain the importance of ui to me, I played war thunder for like 5 years, and the ui guy kept his job for like at least 4 of them by just endlessly refreshing and changing poo poo that didn’t need to be changed.

Guillermus
Dec 28, 2009

Aight! if there are PS4 goons out there that play this, I just got it on PS4 aswell so I'll be playing on both platforms. PSN and ubi: guillermus_

Thief
Jan 28, 2011

who is ur waifu and wut does she do?

Orv posted:

Hi lovely Hibana.

:japan:7

Thief fucked around with this message at 00:51 on Aug 17, 2018

SpazmasterX
Jul 13, 2006

Wrong about everything XIV related
~fartz~

HOOLY BOOLY posted:

For a CG trailer he sure did rather roboticlly swivel his hips to aim at sombody on the other side of the wall right at the end though.

Prerendered trailers usually utilize existing animations and effects when possible to cut corners. Guarantee Clash will plant her shield with the exact animation from the trailer.

Fart Car '97
Jul 23, 2003

Clash is already using Monty's animations.

underage at the vape shop
May 11, 2011

by Cyrano4747

Cup Runneth Over posted:

actually allocation of resources and prioritisation are in fact incredibly productive uses of time and this is why you arent a designer full stop. people arent sitting and waiting for your personal issues to fill up their jira schedule. go write a 1 star review on their yelp and facebook page and try get your free meal out of your non issue.

underage at the vape shop fucked around with this message at 02:03 on Aug 17, 2018

Cup Runneth Over
Aug 8, 2009

She said life's
Too short to worry
Life's too long to wait
It's too short
Not to love everybody
Life's too long to hate

underage at the vape shop posted:

actually allocation of resources and prioritisation are in fact incredibly productive uses of time and this is why you arent a designer full stop. people arent sitting and waiting for your personal issues to fill up their jira schedule. go write a 1 star review on their yelp and facebook page and try get your free meal out of your non issue.

I am a designer actually.

Orv
May 4, 2011

Cup Runneth Over posted:

Well you should be fired from wherever you work for gross incompetence on a message board full of nobody idiots.

Thief
Jan 28, 2011

currently accepting all steam keys to games you've worked on t ia

May 11, 2011

by Cyrano4747

Cup Runneth Over posted:

stop soccer mumming yourself.

Scrooged
Feb 19, 2004

Truth, Juthtithe,
and the American Way
just leaving this here

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iHHbEA2bLgU

Cup Runneth Over
Aug 8, 2009

She said life's
Too short to worry
Life's too long to wait
It's too short
Not to love everybody
Life's too long to hate

Thief posted:

currently accepting all steam keys to games you've worked on t ia

Sent ;)

Orv posted:

Well you should be fired from wherever you work for gross incompetence on a message board full of nobody idiots.

What's wrong with dead gay comedy forum again? Is that too insipid now?

Orv
May 4, 2011

Cup Runneth Over posted:

What's wrong with dead gay comedy forum again? Is that too insipid now?

I just wanted to be unnecessarily wordy, I think it's fine since everyone understands it's not a hate thing but who knows.

May 11, 2011

by Cyrano4747
i got the starter pack ages ago with pubg crate money, is there a way to upgrade with the sales atm?

Thief
Jan 28, 2011

season passes might go on sale if they are doing the free weekend thing

Thief fucked around with this message at 11:56 on Aug 17, 2018

jyrque
Sep 4, 2011

Gravy Boat 2k
There's no way to upgrade from starter. However the game's on sale right now, just buy a new standard edition. Might need a separate Ubisoft account for this though.

Fart Car '97
Jul 23, 2003

underage at the vape shop posted:

i got the starter pack ages ago with pubg crate money, is there a way to upgrade with the sales atm?

Just buy the standard additiona instead and ditch whatever account you are using

May 11, 2011

by Cyrano4747
that means I gotta log in and out of my steam all the time, my uplay too, both of which have games on them :l

underage at the vape shop fucked around with this message at 16:18 on Aug 17, 2018

jyrque
Sep 4, 2011

Gravy Boat 2k
Yes, it sucks!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

May 11, 2011

by Cyrano4747
should have checked the thread before making such horrible life choices

apparently i can either remove the game from my steam account permanently and then buy the standard version which sounds dodgy as, or just buy credits.

underage at the vape shop fucked around with this message at 16:21 on Aug 17, 2018