Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

SamuraiFoochs
Jan 16, 2007

Grimey Drawer

Phenix Rising posted:

What's Fish's injury status at this point? Is there a chance they trot him out at Takeover to try and throw Moustache Mountain off their game or is he still on the shelf for a while?

He tore his ACL like...at most 6 months ago so no way.

March 4th.

SamuraiFoochs fucked around with this message at 03:50 on Aug 16, 2018

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

fatherofmustard
May 15, 2018

Torn ACLs usually take 6-9 months to recover from so it will be September at the earliest.

Truther Vandross
Jun 17, 2008

Fish is 38 so I’m guessing it’s not gonna be best case scenario

Roque11
Aug 7, 2016
So this Saturday at Takeover could we see the Carnies, Joey Lynch and AJ Gray shown sitting in the front row?

Rarity
Oct 21, 2010

~*4 LIFE*~
I'm going to be busy all Saturday, does anyone want to take on the Takeover OP?

rovert
Jun 10, 2013
NXT TV owned this week.

Truther Vandross
Jun 17, 2008

The first time I’d ever seen, or even heard of, The Carnies was an ROH show in Columbus that they curtain jerked.

I thought it was gonna be miserable dogshit from the look of them and I left the match thinking they were great. They were just a very very entertaining team.

Endless Mike
Aug 13, 2003

Roque11 posted:

So this Saturday at Takeover could we see the Carnies, Joey Lynch and AJ Gray shown sitting in the front row?

If you're asking, then no.

Von Linus
Apr 6, 2006
I complete me.

Roque11 posted:

Very possibly until they get asked to move so Matt Riddle can be caught on camera.

Gorn Myson
Aug 8, 2007

rovert posted:

Main NXT management like Zack a poo poo tonne.

A good Zack Gibson interview/podcast is worth listening to. He gets Wrestling and Wrestling psychology on a Chris Hero/Kevin Owens type level. Explains it clean and clear. Generally articulate and savvy media wise also.

A true step above.
Talk more about the UK scene plz, its loving brilliant right now and deserves more attention than it gets.

DarkstarIV
Apr 6, 2010

OFFICIAL RACIST

Rarity posted:

I'm going to be busy all Saturday, does anyone want to take on the Takeover OP?

Maybe I'll work on it. I'll try and have it up by Saturday afternoon if I do take on the duty though.

Rarity
Oct 21, 2010

~*4 LIFE*~

DarkstarIV posted:

Maybe I'll work on it. I'll try and have it up by Saturday afternoon if I do take on the duty though.

Ok but only if you put a paragraph in there praising Lacey Evans :colbert:

DarkstarIV
Apr 6, 2010

OFFICIAL RACIST

Rarity posted:

Ok but only if you put a paragraph in there praising Lacey Evans :colbert:

Why would I praise Lacey Evans who has nothing to do with Takeover? :confused:

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

Until she's revealed to be the one who took out Black.

Wazzu
Feb 28, 2008

Are you sure I'm winning the Rumble? That does'nt seem right.....

Aphrodite posted:

Until she's revealed to be the one who took out Black.

"I don't like Black types"?

Auritech
May 27, 2004

Blessed be the tailors
The masks are cut to fit

Blessed be the woodworkers
The crosses and the gallows

Blessed be the forgers of iron
And the spikes and the barbwire

Blessed be the stone cutters
It took a quarry to bury the dreams
I kinda felt happy when I saw that Aleister Black was wearing a Transilvanian Hunger shirt, for I have the same shirt even if that album is the starter black metal kit. But then again I've seen him with Mayhem and Shining shirts on NXT TV before so it's not news that's what he digs.

But regarding this show, I really liked it, the main was very good and I loved Kairi and Shayna's angle, even if we had to watch Aliyah wrestle. I want an extended Velveteen/EC3 feud though, I think we can get to even higher sexy heights!

fart blood
Sep 13, 2008

by VideoGames

Auritech posted:

I kinda felt happy when I saw that Aleister Black was wearing a Transilvanian Hunger shirt, for I have the same shirt even if that album is the starter black metal kit. But then again I've seen him with Mayhem and Shining shirts on NXT TV before so it's not news that's what he digs.

But regarding this show, I really liked it, the main was very good and I loved Kairi and Shayna's angle, even if we had to watch Aliyah wrestle. I want an extended Velveteen/EC3 feud though, I think we can get to even higher sexy heights!

A Blaze In The Northern Sky is the superior record.

Auritech
May 27, 2004

Blessed be the tailors
The masks are cut to fit

fart blood posted:

It for sure has the best intro of any of their records, and no songs written by Varg.

Charles Gnarwin
Jul 31, 2014

I joined the #RXT REVOLUTION.
:boom:
he knows...

fart blood posted:

Punk Darkthrone is the superior band.

fart blood
Sep 13, 2008

by VideoGames

Charles Gnarwin posted:

Punk Darkthrone is the superior band.

I’m a “Hate Them/Sardonic Wrath” guy myself

Auritech
May 27, 2004

Blessed be the tailors
The masks are cut to fit

In Honour Of Thy Name is my favorite Darkthrone song for some reason!

rovert
Jun 10, 2013
Kairi loving people up last night

https://twitter.com/KairiSaneWWE/status/1030307399167619072

DoctorDelaware
Mar 24, 2013
I liked how the "suspects" video showed off Riker/Blake/Cutler as if they're noteworthy people. (Look! We haven't fired these guys yet!)

Cool Post Beg
Mar 6, 2008

DADDY MAGIC
Show a little respect to people that served and also Wesley Blake

Davros1
Jul 19, 2007

You've got to admit, you are kind of implausible

The obvious answer is it should be Rikishi. "I did it for The Rock!"

DrKrankenwagen
Mar 21, 2005

I’ll be going to my first ever live wrestling event tonight which is an NXT house show. I can’t find anything about the card so I had a question. Being that Takeover Brooklyn is tomorrow night what kind of event should I expect? Will it be people practicing matches for tomorrow night or are they going to take it easy so no one gets injured before the big show?

frankenfreak
Feb 16, 2007

I SCORED 85% ON A QUIZ ABOUT MONDAY NIGHT RAW AND ALL I GOT WAS THIS LOUSY TEXT

#bastionboogerbrigade

rovert posted:

Main NXT management like Zack a poo poo tonne.

A good Zack Gibson interview/podcast is worth listening to. He gets Wrestling and Wrestling psychology on a Chris Hero/Kevin Owens type level. Explains it clean and clear. Generally articulate and savvy media wise also.

A true step above.
I hope he finally get recognized as the UK's number 1. :colbert:

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

Last night they only ran one match that'll be on Takeover tomorrow, and a tag with Shayna and Kairi on opposite teams.

NXT seems to mix the card up more often than main roster house show tours, but if they didn't do it last night I wouldn't expect a bunch of Takeover practice tonight.

Procrastinator
Aug 16, 2009

what?

"Who could have taken out aleister black? Was it, the entire male roster? Or maybe the female roster?"

I'm voting for the ref. Nobody expects the refler.

rovert
Jun 10, 2013

Aphrodite posted:

Last night they only ran one match that'll be on Takeover tomorrow, and a tag with Shayna and Kairi on opposite teams.

NXT seems to mix the card up more often than main roster house show tours, but if they didn't do it last night I wouldn't expect a bunch of Takeover practice tonight.

The card was largely booked for the local market (Dijak, Oney, Hansen) and to give most of the NXT card some rest.

Deonna Purrazzo made her NXT debut last night there also.

Davros1
Jul 19, 2007

You've got to admit, you are kind of implausible

Procrastinator posted:

"Who could have taken out aleister black? Was it, the entire male roster? Or maybe the female roster?"

I'm voting for the ref. Nobody expects the refler.

HHH. Now it's his time to shine in NXT

Von Linus
Apr 6, 2006
I complete me.

Davros1 posted:

HHH. Now it's his time to shine in NXT

tbh I wouldn't hate a little run as a more active regal, if he lost a bit.

DarkstarIV
Apr 6, 2010

OFFICIAL RACIST
I'm actually curious how this weekend will shape out. Most of the title matches are pretty unpredictable. I'd say the only one that is really a lock is The Undisputed Era retaining the tag titles. With Mustache Mountain being NXT UK wrestlers, and Triple H saying he wants to keep the champions and brands separate, I don't see them regaining the title. Also not really a fan of the titles being hot potato-ed back and forth.

I mean, do you pull the trigger and give Gargano the NXT title already? It would make Ciampa the worst NXT Champion of all time in terms of credibility. But if Gargano loses here, he really doesn't have an excuse for another shot at the title. I think the best way to go would be a draw, then put the feud on ice until Takeover: Phoenix or Takeover: New York (WM Weekend).

As for the North American title, Adam Cole hasn't done much with it. But at the same time, I think taking it off of him now is a bit premature. This is his first Takeover North American title defense. To be honest, I don't really see him losing the title until The Undisputed Era drop the tag titles. I would have Cole and TUE drop the titles during Wrestlemania weekend and then debut on the RAW or SD after Mania.

The NXT Women's Title is an interesting situation as well. If Shayna retains, then she will have officially cleared out/beaten every single babyface in the NXT Women's Division. And unlike Asuka, she's a full blown heel, so Shayna can't really go up against heels without the feuds being really...not good at best. She won't have anyone to face until after Evolution, assuming the winner of the MYC gets a title shot. It doesn't seem to help that NXT has spent more time building up female heels than babyfaces. It's one of the main reasons why I think Kairi is winning this weekend. It helps that Shayna is basically main roster ready at this point as well, and doesn't need the title anymore to remain relevant in NXT.

There are more feuds for her than there are for Shayna, and the main roster DESPERATELY needs a strong female heel right now on either brand. After Ronda deals with Alexa, there won't be anyone for her to feud with on the heel side who is even remotely credible/a threat to her, and Carmella is an utter failure as the top heel of Smackdown. Where if Kairi loses this weekend, I feel like she's getting called up and will be lost in a sea of babyfaces within two or three weeks of her debut, barring her making a MAJOR impact (ex: winning the women's title on her debut), which won't happen.

DarkstarIV fucked around with this message at 16:00 on Aug 17, 2018

Procrastinator
Aug 16, 2009

what?

Reminder that the nxt women's title only really needs one more match because the match after evolution will be vs the myc2 winner. I think they can find one more person for shayna if they go that route, though I am also rooting for kairi, and it makes sense to me that she wins tomorrow and defends in a rematch at evolution.

DarkstarIV
Apr 6, 2010

OFFICIAL RACIST

Procrastinator posted:

Reminder that the nxt women's title only really needs one more match because the match after evolution will be vs the myc2 winner. I think they can find one more person for shayna if they go that route, though I am also rooting for kairi, and it makes sense to me that she wins tomorrow and defends in a rematch at evolution.

Just a heads up, but if the MYC2 winner gets catapulted right to a title shot and wins it, their ceiling would be capped almost immediately. And no, they really couldn't find one more person for Shayna to face. The only person who springs to mind is Candice, and her character development has been utterly terrible. Her only defining trait right now from a character standpoint is "wife of Johnny Gargano". Which will die as soon as Gargano gets called up. Dakota Kai has been buried 10 feet under. Nikki Cross is most likely main roster bound soon after Summerslam, not to mention her match against Shayna was not good. It was very weak for an NXT Women's Title defense.

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

There's no Takeover between now and Evolution.

Edit: I mean after Brooklyn. There's obviously one between now and then.

Aphrodite fucked around with this message at 16:53 on Aug 17, 2018

DarkstarIV
Apr 6, 2010

OFFICIAL RACIST

Aphrodite posted:

There's no Takeover between now and Evolution.

Yeah. Also (from the latest WON) WWE is looking at doing the 4HW vs 4HW match at either Evolution or Survivor Series this year, which means Shayna would have to drop the title fairly soon, because I doubt they want her working double duty at Evolution, or having a rough match at War Games, and then another tough match (where she'll be doing most of the carrying for the UFC 4HW) the following night.

DarkstarIV fucked around with this message at 16:54 on Aug 17, 2018

Auritech
May 27, 2004

Blessed be the tailors
The masks are cut to fit

Too many YouTube prognosticators I’ve heard keep saying Shayna will retain, which just doesn’t jive with the way they tell stories in NXT. It might be main roster dumb to make Shayna invincible but Shayna is not Asuka 2.0 in NXT and the women’s division is so much more diverse now just to have them all buried by Shayna. When Asuka was champ, it made sense that no one was ready for her because quite literally no one was. But Shayna burying everyone except Lacey and Bianca? Unless Bianca turns face when she comes back, Shayna’s carrying the belt all the way to Survivor Series would be an insult. And Lacey, well...

And the story beats seem to check out otherwise. Shayna threw Aliyah at Kairi and Kairi destroyed her. Shayna thinks herself above competition and that Kairi doesn’t have “the killer instinct.” It’s the classic face vs heel formula, and a Kairi win would be nice to watch especially if all the other heels retain.

rovert
Jun 10, 2013
About two weeks ago there was very real talk about calling Shayna up.

Kairi losing at Takeover while in battle mode will kinda kill her character off. Shayna has nothing really left to do in NXT once she drops the belt.

NXT is planning to add new women very, very soon.

I loved this Ciampa/Gargano feud video from this week's NXT. Can't believe people aren't talking about it more. It completely revived my interest in the match and feud:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FcHV-zJUCfg

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

DarkstarIV
Apr 6, 2010

OFFICIAL RACIST

Auritech posted:

Too many YouTube prognosticators I’ve heard keep saying Shayna will retain, which just doesn’t jive with the way they tell stories in NXT. It might be main roster dumb to make Shayna invincible but Shayna is not Asuka 2.0 in NXT and the women’s division is so much more diverse now just to have them all buried by Shayna. When Asuka was champ, it made sense that no one was ready for her because quite literally no one was. But Shayna burying everyone except Lacey and Bianca? Unless Bianca turns face when she comes back, Shayna’s carrying the belt all the way to Survivor Series would be an insult. And Lacey, well...

And the story beats seem to check out otherwise. Shayna threw Aliyah at Kairi and Kairi destroyed her. Shayna thinks herself above competition and that Kairi doesn’t have “the killer instinct.” It’s the classic face vs heel formula, and a Kairi win would be nice to watch especially if all the other heels retain.

It's not just YouTube reviewers either. It's also some actual columnists as well. I think the only actual columnists I have seen who have predicted that Kairi will win are Bryan Alvarez and Jason Powell. Everyone else predicts Shayna retaining in a dominant fashion, and eventually losing the title to Candice because "their feud is more interesting, and its not the right time or place for Kairi to win. She hasn't done anything on NXT worthy of winning the title. Also she has shown no personality and hasn't connected with the audiences. Nor can she promo."

Uh, Shayna couldn't promo before winning the title and even shortly after winning it as well. It's like the title can be used to help cover up some flaws/work on them, since the champion naturally gets the most exposure.

DarkstarIV fucked around with this message at 17:19 on Aug 17, 2018