Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

coconono
Aug 11, 2004

KISS ME KRIS

Injured is what I heard. No idea since she’s still mad at me over the shoplifting fiasco.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Chris James 2
Aug 9, 2012

coconono posted:

Injured is what I heard.

https://twitter.com/TenilleDashwood/status/1029855882635628544

coconono
Aug 11, 2004

KISS ME KRIS

e: not as funny as i thought.

Gaz-L
Jan 28, 2009
The not-injury led to Viper and KLR basically doing a pretty house show-ish match with a bunch of comedy about them being friends but keeping trying to trick each other into pins.

Honestly, the whole Edinburgh show felt pretty house-show-ish (which, duh, that's what it was), although most of the crew worked decently hard. There was just a lot of comedy in the undercard matches to allow the guys and gals to get reactions without having to bump or do much. Hendry and Page, Lethal/Brooks and the main were all fairly heated, good matches. The women and Daniels/Havoc, plus about half of Kip/Flip was pretty comedy oriented, and the rest of Kip/Flip relied on Flip being super-over as a face (which he was, but I still can't quite click with him). Gresham/Haskins was well worked, but the crowd was dead, and I'm not sure what Vicky Haskins adds to Mark's act: She didn't do much besides very, very lackadaisical slapping the apron to get some claps.

OJ MIST 2 THE DICK
Sep 11, 2008

Anytime I need to see your face I just close my eyes
And I am taken to a place
Where your crystal minds and magenta feelings
Take up shelter in the base of my spine
Sweet like a chica cherry cola

-Cheap Trick

Nap Ghost
https://twitter.com/TheJonGresham/status/1030240991616409601?s=19

rovert
Jun 10, 2013
Apparently was "Black Sabre Jr" and the dude was called out/pushed into making an apology. Which Jordynne Grace had none of.

https://twitter.com/JordynneGrace/status/1030441930310787072

abraham linksys
Sep 6, 2010

:darksouls:

Gaz-L posted:

plus about half of Kip/Flip was pretty comedy oriented, and the rest of Kip/Flip relied on Flip being super-over as a face (which he was, but I still can't quite click with him).

flip is honestly really good at comedy and I think I'd like him more if he stuck to that. he was a fun as hell comedy heel in Beyond when I saw him last January, everyone booing him every time he teased a flip

Gaz-L
Jan 28, 2009
Daniels/Havoc was the big surprise, honestly, as it was 100% a comedy match and not what I expected as someone who only knows Havoc by his rep. Which, y'know, Daniels is great at. Me and a couple of others tried to get a "Fallen Angel" chant going, but it was very, very clear that the majority of the crowd were primarily BTE viewers.

SamuraiFoochs
Jan 16, 2007

Grimey Drawer

rovert posted:

Apparently was "Black Sabre Jr" and the dude was called out/pushed into making an apology. Which Jordynne Grace had none of.

I mean not that that's great or anything but it says a lot about our world (none of it good) that I expected way worse.

Bigass Moth
Mar 6, 2004

I joined the #RXT REVOLUTION.
:boom:
he knows...
You’d normally expect wrestling fans to double down and try to get into dumb internet fights so at least an apology is a better option.

Truther Vandross
Jun 17, 2008

SamuraiFoochs posted:

I mean not that that's great or anything but it says a lot about our world (none of it good) that I expected way worse.

This was exactly how I felt.

Manic_Misanthrope
Jul 1, 2010

Bigass Moth posted:

You’d normally expect wrestling fans to double down and try to get into dumb internet fights so at least an apology is a better option.

Wrestling fans are at least better people than Hulk Hogan. Most of the time.

MassRafTer
May 26, 2001

BAEST MODE!!!
The BUZZ is so big that 75% of MSG tickets were sold to fans in the New York area, meaning any theories that this sell out isn't about BUZZ but just about fans coming in for WrestleMania are false, anti-buzz propaganda.

Gaz-L
Jan 28, 2009

MassRafTer posted:

The BUZZ is so big that 75% of MSG tickets were sold to fans in the New York area, meaning any theories that this sell out isn't about BUZZ but just about fans coming in for WrestleMania are false, anti-buzz propaganda.

Hilariously, Kevin Owens was just on that Gorilla Position podcast claiming that it's almost 100% due to WWE and WrestleMania.

MassRafTer
May 26, 2001

BAEST MODE!!!

Gaz-L posted:

Hilariously, Kevin Owens was just on that Gorilla Position podcast claiming that it's almost 100% due to WWE and WrestleMania.

Makes sense that man has no buzz.

Also if you want to watch Daniels vs Hechicero and Briscoes vs Rey Cometa and Volador join us at 10 http://www.psp-tv.com/r/badmoviesworsewrestling

MassRafTer fucked around with this message at 02:05 on Aug 24, 2018

Gumball Gumption
Jan 7, 2012

I don't get why people are surprised at the sellout. ROH is a boring weekly show but does really well as a live show. Of course they sold out in one if the largest markets. Wrestlemania is going to help but they could sell that show anytime of the year.

Chris James 2
Aug 9, 2012

All of the buzz for this Saturday's matchup

Strawberry Panda
Nov 4, 2007

Breakfast Defecting, Slow Dick Touching, Root Beer Barreling SwagVP

rovert posted:

Does he even wrestle like ZSJ or is it just because Black and Zack rhyme?

Gaz-L
Jan 28, 2009

Strawberry Panda posted:

Assuming this was the Edinburgh ROH date ( and not some other show in Glasgow like Gresham tweeted) there was a lot of grappling and joint/limb work in his match with Haskins.

rovert
Jun 10, 2013

Strawberry Panda posted:

Gresham is an incredibly versatile technical wrestler. Skill alone he should/would be at the top of his profession in NXT, ROH and New Japan. But he's 5' 4in & 161 lbs and that's probably the worked figures.

Manic_Misanthrope
Jul 1, 2010

Chris James 2 posted:

All of the buzz for this Saturday's matchup

Finally someone who knows how to use The Hurricane effectively

OJ MIST 2 THE DICK
Sep 11, 2008

Anytime I need to see your face I just close my eyes
And I am taken to a place
Where your crystal minds and magenta feelings
Take up shelter in the base of my spine
Sweet like a chica cherry cola

-Cheap Trick

Nap Ghost

rovert posted:

Gresham is an incredibly versatile technical wrestler. Skill alone he should/would be at the top of his profession in NXT, ROH and New Japan. But he's 5' 4in & 161 lbs and that's probably the worked figures.

Its entirely his height and size

he's absolutely a fantastic technical wrestler, but when even Rey Mysterio is taller than you, you're going to have a ton of issues

Super No Vacancy
Jul 26, 2012

ospreay back to ROH and PAC surely on his way in. the buzz is compounding

Writer Cath
Apr 1, 2007

Box. Flipped.
Plaster Town Cop
I miss The Romantic Touch.

ChrisBTY
Mar 29, 2012

this glorious monument

Me too.
I'm just not sure why we're talking about it in the RoH thread.

Yes I know don't hit me

Ganso Bomb
Oct 24, 2005

turn it all around

I'm not sure if I'm going to be able to watch this live or not – probably not since we have some guests visiting at the moment, but they may be out doing their own thing tonight.

Is Honor Club worth subscribing to? I don't follow ROH at all right now. I'm basically doing NJPW, STARDOM, Sendai Girls, and Powerbomb.tv. I used to love ROH and followed it pretty closely in 2005 and catch it on local TV every now and again when I see it on, but not much more than that. Is it worth getting back into at this point, from an unbiased perspective? I know it's had its ups and downs over the years (like any company will), but how is the product right now and is it worth grabbing an Honor Club membership for All In + actual ROH stuff?

Chris James 2
Aug 9, 2012

Phenix Rising posted:

I'm not sure if I'm going to be able to watch this live or not – probably not since we have some guests visiting at the moment, but they may be out doing their own thing tonight.

Is Honor Club worth subscribing to? I don't follow ROH at all right now. I'm basically doing NJPW, STARDOM, Sendai Girls, and Powerbomb.tv. I used to love ROH and followed it pretty closely in 2005 and catch it on local TV every now and again when I see it on, but not much more than that. Is it worth getting back into at this point, from an unbiased perspective? I know it's had its ups and downs over the years (like any company will), but how is the product right now and is it worth grabbing an Honor Club membership for All In + actual ROH stuff?

It's going to be archived on New Japan World, so if you already have a sub to that I wouldn't say Honor Club's necessary at all for this if you can't see it live

Ganso Bomb
Oct 24, 2005

turn it all around

Chris James 2 posted:

It's going to be archived on New Japan World, so if you already have a sub to that I wouldn't say Honor Club's necessary at all for this if you can't see it live

Yeah, NJPW World is my backup plan – I'm mostly just wondering if it's worth getting back into ROH at this point as someone who hasn't followed it closely in 10+ years. With WWE out of the way, I've been loving following indies and foreign companies and always feel guilty when I remember there's another company I'm not supporting but could be.

Genericide
Jan 20, 2004

It doesn't seem ideal that NJPW World is only showing nine of the matches. https://www.njpw1972.com/34740

Gaz-L
Jan 28, 2009
The main card is only 8 matches. That probably means they're putting the Briscoes match on.

triplexpac
Mar 24, 2007

Suck it
Two tears in a bucket
And then another thing
I'm not the one they'll try their luck with
Hit hard like brass knuckles
See your face through the turnbuckle dude
I got no love for you
https://twitter.com/jaybilas/status/1037508917822148608?s=21

Slap the porpoise one last time :(

STING 64
Oct 20, 2006

oh man :(

yea ok
Jul 27, 2006

RIP to a true brother

oatgan
Jan 15, 2009

smoke one for the hog

Chris James 2
Aug 9, 2012

https://twitter.com/ringofhonor/status/1037807724866797569

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

Would you be my new best friends?

I legitimately loved Mike Hogewood announcing for ROH. Sure he didn't know what the hell was going on, but he loved his son Dave Prazak very much and was going to put in genuine effort to enjoy this wrestling thing with him :3:

coconono
Aug 11, 2004

KISS ME KRIS

Hog getting flustered because fans were booing Jerry Lynn is a TV wrestling classic moment.

triplexpac
Mar 24, 2007

Suck it
Two tears in a bucket
And then another thing
I'm not the one they'll try their luck with
Hit hard like brass knuckles
See your face through the turnbuckle dude
I got no love for you
Did Cody’s Bernard the Business Bear thing go anywhere?

STING 64
Oct 20, 2006

triplexpac posted:

i made him a referee in fire pro world for playstation but nowhere else as far as i can tell

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Genericide
Jan 20, 2004

triplexpac posted:

On Jericho's podcast, he mentioned being asked to play the Bear at All In. He didn't.