Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Shayna Baszler
Oct 24, 2001

i'll always take care of you
Muldoon
i went outside to have a cigarette and i was wearing pajama pants and no underwear and a mosquito bit me right on my ballsack and it itches like crazy. this is the real cost of smoking

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

MJeff
Jun 2, 2011

THE LIAR

Baron Corbin posted:

i went outside to have a cigarette and i was wearing pajama pants and no underwear and a mosquito bit me right on my ballsack and it itches like crazy. this is the real cost of smoking

Fuckin' someone send this to those Truth people now.

STING 64
Oct 20, 2006

TTBF posted:

Some of my fondest childhood memories as a kid are lounging around in a wave pool or lazy river with my folks. Last time I went, Schlitterbaun outside San Antonio had managed to make a lazy river wave pool that a bunch of great water slides empty out into, and that place would have been heaven for me as a kid.

i watched a frat boy vomit into the schlitterbaun lazy river it was cool to watch people scurry outta there

Blast Fantasto
Sep 18, 2007

USAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA!
I had seitan for the first time tonight. It's good

SamuraiFoochs
Jan 16, 2007

Grimey Drawer

VJeff posted:

Fuckin' someone send this to those Truth people now.

Too right. :stonk:

fart blood
Sep 13, 2008

by VideoGames

Blast Fantasto posted:

I had seitan for the first time tonight. It's good

I’ve had seitan a few times and every time I found it between unpleasant and downright gross. I hear it all depends on how you make it. So good for you having some good seitan.

Big Coffin Hunter
Aug 13, 2005

The only time I had seitan was a faux BBQ tritip sandwhich with cole slaw on it and I thought it was delicious.

CobiWann
Oct 21, 2009

Have fun!
So the DC United soccer club signed this English footballer named Wayne Rooney and every morning when I watch the local news they're showing game highlights where he's footballing amazingly well.

Is he like a good player or something?

Blast Fantasto
Sep 18, 2007

USAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA!

fart blood posted:

I’ve had seitan a few times and every time I found it between unpleasant and downright gross. I hear it all depends on how you make it. So good for you having some good seitan.

It was the Upton Natural's Chorizo flavor, which really ended up being closer to taco seasoning than any chorizo.

I fried it up in a pan and made a flatbread with some hot sauce, cheese.

Endless Mike
Aug 13, 2003

CobiWann posted:

So the DC United soccer club signed this English footballer named Wayne Rooney and every morning when I watch the local news they're showing game highlights where he's footballing amazingly well.

Is he like a good player or something?

Yes, he's a good player, and DCU have been terrible and needed a good striker, which he is fulfilling. That we've been winning a bit with him is very good.

fart blood
Sep 13, 2008

by VideoGames

Blast Fantasto posted:

It was the Upton Natural's Chorizo flavor, which really ended up being closer to taco seasoning than any chorizo.

I fried it up in a pan and made a flatbread with some hot sauce, cheese.

I made a pretty gosh darn good chorizo using TVP (which is basically a Soy protein).

I tried making it with tofu using the freezing trick but the texture just wasn't right.

ARMBAR A COP
Nov 24, 2007

Oh yeah; I’ve been vegetarian for a couple months now and if it wasn’t for seitan I’d lose my mind

ARMBAR A COP
Nov 24, 2007

Hail seitan

fart blood
Sep 13, 2008

by VideoGames

PUNKS DIET SODA posted:

Oh yeah; I’ve been vegetarian for a couple months now and if it wasn’t for seitan I’d lose my mind

i'm a tofu or lentil guy myself. both are so versatile. If I had a soy allergy I'd probably just not go vegetarian.

jesus WEP
Oct 17, 2004

Beans and lentils are super good, I also really like most quorn products

Writer Cath
Apr 1, 2007

Box. Flipped.
Plaster Town Cop

PUNKS DIET SODA posted:

I've never had it and I have been a vegetarian for years.

Chinston Wurchill
Jun 27, 2010

It's not that kind of test.
gently caress yeah, veg talk! I try to rotate chickpeas, tofu, black beans, and lentils, with other beans or eggs now and then. I'd like to work tempeh in more often but it's harder to find around here and my wife doesn't like it much. I made some seitan early on but didn't care for it a whole lot, and we don't buy many processed meat substitutes as we do fine with beany things.

MJeff
Jun 2, 2011

THE LIAR
gently caress, Aretha Franklin passed away. :(

jesus WEP
Oct 17, 2004

Is it seitan or tempeh that’s the kinda “spongy” one, because I had it once at a Chinese hotpot place and it was loving great

Shard
Jul 30, 2005

Chinston Wurchill posted:

gently caress yeah, veg talk! I try to rotate chickpeas, tofu, black beans, and lentils, with other beans or eggs now and then. I'd like to work tempeh in more often but it's harder to find around here and my wife doesn't like it much. I made some seitan early on but didn't care for it a whole lot, and we don't buy many processed meat substitutes as we do fine with beany things.

Are eggs allowed?

Shard
Jul 30, 2005

I was thinking about the Dave situation and it got me thinking of the WWE office and how there must be a ton of toxic masculinity in that from all the stories over the years. And then it made me wonder if there are examples of positive masculinity and I think I thought of a couple:

I feel very manly when I can pick up my kids and they can climb all over me. I work out to stay strong enough as they grow haha.
I also feel manly when I can fix something that wasn't working like a ceiling fan or a door lock.

illcendiary
Dec 4, 2005

Damn, this is good coffee.

jesus WEP posted:

Is it seitan or tempeh that’s the kinda “spongy” one, because I had it once at a Chinese hotpot place and it was loving great

That’s seitan. Tempeh looks like little cobblestone sidewalks (and is also very good)

jesus WEP
Oct 17, 2004

Still playing yakuza 0 and nishitani’s death might be the most badass thing I’ve seen in my whole life

Chinston Wurchill
Jun 27, 2010

Spikeguy posted:

Are eggs allowed?

Not for vegans.

Dangerous Person
Apr 4, 2011

Not dead yet

jesus WEP posted:

Still playing yakuza 0 and nishitani’s death might be the most badass thing I’ve seen in my whole life

Yakuza 0 is one long badass moment made up of smaller but still badass moments

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

Would you be my new best friends?

I tried vegetarianism for awhile a few years back just out of curiousity. I learned something I already knew, which is that I loving love mushrooms :hellyeah:

Dangerous Person posted:

Yakuza 0 is one long badass moment made up of smaller but still badass moments

I just played the telephone club mini-game for the first time, and Kiryu's dramatic answering of the phone is loving amazing.

Big Coffin Hunter
Aug 13, 2005

When I tried to be vegetarian I realized my weird phobia of mushrooms and fungi (and mold, which is where it stems from) is real and I respect Undertaker's weird phobia of cucumbers.

fart blood
Sep 13, 2008

by VideoGames
I’m also vegetarian. I’m not vegan but I do employ a lot of vegan staples in my diet (soy milk/oat milk, cashew creams, etc). I don’t eat eggs. The only reason I’m not completely vegan is I love cheese too much (though I eat significantly less of it than I used to.)

Overall I’m pleased with my decision. I don’t miss meat (though I do sing “It’s so hard to say goodbye” to pan seared wild salmon) and my latest physical was good. (The sobriety has paid off on that front too.)

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

fart blood posted:

pan seared wild salmon

fart blood
Sep 13, 2008

by VideoGames
Also if you’re meatless:

It’s important to know which non-animal foods are complete proteins.

Tofu/soybeans/edamame are complete proteins
Quinoa is a complete protein
Buckwheat (like the kind found in soba noodles) is a complete protein

Also, certain food combos are complete proteins, such as hummus and pita.

Chinston Wurchill
Jun 27, 2010

fart blood posted:

Also if you’re meatless:

It’s important to know which non-animal foods are complete proteins.

It looks like this has been pretty roundly debunked. As I understand it we also need far less protein than most people think we do. Vegetarian diets are far easier once you start to view protein as just a part of the dish rather than as the centrepiece.

I still use milk products and eggs. Free range eggs make me feel better about that end of things, but I have yet to find a suitable way to get remotely ethical milk.

fart blood
Sep 13, 2008

by VideoGames

Chinston Wurchill posted:

It looks like this has been pretty roundly debunked. As I understand it we also need far less protein than most people think we do. Vegetarian diets are far easier once you start to view protein as just a part of the dish rather than as the centrepiece.

I still use milk products and eggs. Free range eggs make me feel better about that end of things, but I have yet to find a suitable way to get remotely ethical milk.

I love eggs but honestly, if I may be candid for a minute, the only two reasons I gave up eggs:

1) I want to avoid butter since it’s bad for you. And frankly butter and eggs are a perfect marriage. People that use oil to fry eggs are dirty capitalists.

2) I was sick of loving them up! Sometimes I would NAIL an over easy egg. Sometimes I would PERFECTLY flip an omelette. But most of the time they’d be hot tasty garbage.

So I didn’t give up eggs for health reasons but rather my own bruised ego.

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

Everybody knows that a failed omelette can quickly become working-as-intended scrambled eggs!

fart blood
Sep 13, 2008

by VideoGames

Jerusalem posted:

Everybody knows that a failed omelette can quickly become working-as-intended scrambled eggs!

Please. I know the drat lie.

fart blood
Sep 13, 2008

by VideoGames
Unrelated to good diet:

Can we all agree Married...with Children season 4 was flawless television?

TV Zombie
Sep 6, 2011

Burying all the trauma from past nights
Burying my anger in the past

I used to like it for the...plot. What happened in season 4?

fart blood
Sep 13, 2008

by VideoGames

TV Zombie posted:

I used to like it for the...plot. What happened in season 4?

It was just a great season where everything clicked.

TTBF
Sep 14, 2005

I don't think I've ever seen episodes from that show before the kids were both adults.

SamuraiFoochs
Jan 16, 2007

Grimey Drawer
Guys I'm so hosed up.

So I live at home with my parents (because of my disability mostly). I pay what's essentially rent every month to my Dad and it's not chump change. But my only real steady income right now is my disability checks because consulting work pays quite well but is not stable. I keep a budget for myself every month and never ever come anywhere close to running out of money or anything like that but I just feel like I'm not adulting right because my parents have conditioned me to feel like the only "right" way is a 9-5 job. There's a lot of reasons why that's not necessarily feasible for me, but I hate feeling worthless and like I don't deserve what I give myself because most of my advocacy work is volunteer. I just hate feeling like this. :(

Just had to get this off my chest.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Cavauro
Jan 9, 2008

my assessment is that you are doing It. keep on, and don't keep off.