Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Sheng-Ji Yang
Mar 5, 2014

gently caress these freaks

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Rated PG-34
Jul 1, 2004

that poor man should be put out of his misery imo

No Mods No Masters
Oct 3, 2004

In the running for nicest meltdown of all time

orange sky
May 7, 2007

He will be worth zero by the end of the year and a GoFundMe will reach several million

Not even joking that's absolutely what is going to happen

orange sky
May 7, 2007

He built the boring company because he didn't like traffic one day and he didn't remember the subway existed

And he's spent millions on that poo poo only because he can't admit that

Bip Roberts
Mar 29, 2005

LegoMan posted:

Ambien is just an easy scapegoat drug for "I did some poo poo I don't remember and shouldn't be held accountable"

But it also owns. Last time I took it I hallucinated I was in a candylandesque room full of confectionaries.

steinrokkan
Apr 2, 2011

Soiled Meat

Ytlaya posted:

lol, the arrogant gently caress is basically all but explicitly stating that he's the best and most competent person to be Tesla's CEO (when he says "tell me if you can find anyone better").

It's just disgusting seeing the sympathetic tone throughout that article. The guy is a rich white South African! That's like the worst kind of person in the world! Like it's a toss-up between rich white south africans and nazis for "worst human sub-type"

It's crazy how people/media still talk about the guy like he's some sort of gifted genius, even if he's "troubled" in the present. There is no reason to think this guy's smart! He has never done anything smart! He literally just has money and decided to throw it at some random science-y stuff.

He has meetings with his engineers and then tells them to scrap months of work because the result doesn't look enough like his dumbass sci-fi "vision"

"Journalists" everywhere: "pardon me, I stopped listening after 'rich'"

Suspicious Dish
Sep 24, 2011

2020 is the year of linux on the desktop, bro
Fun Shoe
There’s a reason for the word ‘stoned.’ You just sit there like a stone on weed.

CoolCab
Apr 17, 2005

glem

Bip Roberts posted:

But it also owns. Last time I took it I hallucinated I was in a candylandesque room full of confectionaries.

i once could suddenly hear everything people said as if they were singing with full musical accompaniment. how my brain processed that so quickly while i was struggling to work shelves i'll never know.

but that poo poo does knock you the gently caress out.

IWW Online Branch
Apr 20, 2016

by Nyc_Tattoo
My god Musk is melting down so incredibly fast and hard. At this rate we'll find out there's a rotting corpse in his attic by Halloween.

Bushiz
Sep 21, 2004

The #1 Threat to Ba Sing Se

Grimey Drawer

Azathoth posted:

A lot of CEO types have this thing where they absolutely never ever disconnect and literally do spend every waking hour either sending or responding to emails, calls, and texts. It's a control thing, where they think of themselves as so vital that they can't delegate meaningful responsibility, so I'll buy that it's true, but it's a prison of his own making.

This is true for the weird hellish robot types like jobs and bezos, but not for Elon and the vast majority of CEOs. They're just full of poo poo and they constantly go on vacations, then lie about it because a) they're deluded about how much work they do and b) being perceived as a workaholic is extremely good for their brand.

For example, Elon claims that he hasn't had a vacation more than a week in over a decade, and has claimed to taking no vacations at all before, despite plenty of pictures of him on vacation existing, not to mention his extreme love for burning man and attending every year.

orange sky
May 7, 2007

Elon also got some balls tweeted at him

https://twitter.com/chick_in_kiev/status/1030344922933723136?s=19

Fairly passive
Nov 4, 2012

Not as productive as I should be
I think he wants to escape Telsa and spend his time at SpaceX. Competing with car makers is much harder than competing with launch providers.

babypolis
Nov 4, 2009

Sheng-Ji Yang posted:

In the interview, Mr. Musk said he had not had taken time off of more than a week since 2001, when he was bedridden with malaria.

imagine being a billionaire who can literally do anything you want, and you do not take a vacation for 17 years. broken brain

what possible good could he be contributing by being in the factory 24/7 micromanaging everything

D.Ork Bimboolean
Aug 26, 2016

babypolis posted:

what possible good could he be contributing by being in the factory 24/7 micromanaging everything

I don't think your familiar with the honored american management tradition of reminding your employee's who's ring to kiss every moment of everyworking hour and being 'tough but fair' by sticking your dick into every tiny detail they do and asking extremely practical questions like, "Aren't you so happy we added this thing for you to do?"

ilmucche
Mar 16, 2016

Tesla is suing Ontario as well.

Sheng-Ji Yang
Mar 5, 2014

babypolis posted:

someone get this man factorio so he can leave his workers alone to actually do things

Shear Modulus
Jun 9, 2010

No Mods No Masters posted:

In the running for nicest meltdown of all time

its been a continual nonstop meltdown for like four or five months now

Vitamin Me
Mar 30, 2007

Bushiz posted:

his extreme love for burning man

Suddenly it all makes sense

Bear Retrieval Unit
Nov 5, 2009

Mudslide Experiment
lol

steinrokkan
Apr 2, 2011

Soiled Meat

babypolis posted:

He measures how fast the Teslas are moving through the stations, and the effects of air drag

Shear Modulus
Jun 9, 2010

the only productive things that musk could actually be doing right now if he actually was working 80 hours a week is calling in all kinds of favors to get the go-private money to let the company survive, or crafting a pitch deck to raise more cash, or heading the legal strategy war room re: the SEC investigations and investor lawsuits

ol qwerty bastard
Dec 13, 2005

If you want something done, do it yourself!

steinrokkan posted:

He measures how fast the Teslas are moving through the stations, and the effects of air drag

Grahms doen't stind so cloese te the assimbly leen, yoer weird dumbo eirs are missing with the aierflow

succ
Nov 11, 2016

by Cyrano4747
A normal way to talk about people.

quote:

Referring to the short-sellers, he added: “They’re not dumb guys, but they’re not supersmart. They’re O.K. They’re smartish.”

Siljmonster
Dec 16, 2005

by LITERALLY AN ADMIN
Lol drug cartels and Elon claiming drugs.

Dudes a meth head for sure

I would blow Dane Cook
Dec 26, 2008
Surely doing acid with Azalea Banks counts as a vacation.

Truga
May 4, 2014
Lipstick Apathy
reading this thread i really can't help but see elon musk as US president in 2032 tbh

Phobophilia
Apr 26, 2008

by Hand Knit
flying to thailand to plumb caves both fleshy and earthern probably should be classified as an elon vacation

Yinlock
Oct 22, 2008

babypolis posted:

Musk has been presenting himself as a billionaire genius so fervently that he started believing it. In reality he's an extremely incompetent engineer who is actively detrimental to his company's products.

basically, he's Steve Jobsing it

Ill Peripheral
Jun 29, 2008
Did they mention how he saved all those Thai kids and also Flint, Michigan?

Ill Peripheral
Jun 29, 2008

orange sky posted:

He built the boring company because he didn't like traffic one day and he didn't remember the subway existed

And he's spent millions on that poo poo only because he can't admit that

He also forgot that tunneling companies exist, and know how to bore tunnels better than a dude from scratch. Kind of like how he forgot car manufacturing companies existed when he started Tesla

punchymcpunch
Oct 14, 2012

he also forgot that cults of personality already existed

etalian
Mar 20, 2006

Stefan Prodan posted:

Ambien is actually seriously bad news and it took my wife a bunch of pretty difficult months to break an addiction to it but lmao my wife also managed to avoid doing major crimes or racism while on it somehow!!!

lmao I always love those butterfly ads which list 100 random side effects at the end.

etalian
Mar 20, 2006

FCKGW posted:

still not quite right.

All the Teslas have electronic door unlocks. The Model X and Model 3 have a small emergency door handle in the front integrated into the arm bar.

On the Model X rear doors, you have to remove the speaker grill and pull on a small cable. This will unlock the door but you then have to push up the falcon wing doors. These doors are motor assisted and are very difficult to open with no power.

On the Model 3, there is no way to open the rear doors without power. There is no emergency unlock method. To exit the vehicle you need to move to the front seats or, if damaged, need to escape out the trunk.

This is from their official emergency response guides:
https://www.tesla.com/sites/default/files/downloads/2017_Model_3_Emergency_Response_Guide_en.pdf
http://assets.teslastatic.com/2016_Model_X_Emergency_Response_Guide.pdf

Why the gently caress would you use a solely electrical system for something in which a mechanical system would be simpler and more reliable?

CoolCab
Apr 17, 2005

glem

etalian posted:

Why the gently caress would you use a solely electrical system for something in which a mechanical system would be simpler and more reliable?

too much ecid grames!

comedyblissoption
Mar 15, 2006

babypolis posted:

he makes it look like an apple store so peoples' heads can be detached from quickly rotating machinery

etalian
Mar 20, 2006

CoolCab posted:

too much ecid grames!

Maybe the drug ring was just to get Musk crystal method to sustain his 80 hour work weeks?

It worked for the Nazis in WWII!

Moist von Lipwig
Oct 28, 2006

by FactsAreUseless
Tortured By Flan

shiksa posted:

has musk produced a single email or anything where someone says "please invent a boy tomb" to him? he keeps saying people asked him to help but it sounds like he kinda just stuck his nose in it and insisted he deserved a spot at the table because rich.

this is loving forever ago but I don't loving care

his weirdo cult was tweeting at him asking him to help with the whole cave situation for days before he said anything about it.

as much as I'd love to believe he just came up with the idea out of pure narcissism, the truth is so much funnier because it was his awful fans weird image of him as tony stark that started this whole implosion by asking him to help with some poo poo he has no loving clue about

Truga
May 4, 2014
Lipstick Apathy

etalian posted:

i think he's trying to take lessons from aerospace industry where everything these days is solid state and controlled by wires, for reliability.

but aviation is rigorously tested and *everything* comes in threes (so if two thirds of your systems fail catastrophically, you're still good to go) or sometimes even more and there's still problems that pop up, whereas his shitcar has a single point of failure on every step of the way and the QA was cut to meet arbitrary production goals lol

do we know yet, how much of the model S was prototyped before musk started being so personally invested in tesla? it'd explain why those seemed mostly fine, at least until recently. not saying tesla was *good* but they seemed less bad a couple years ago

SENSUAL DAD KISS posted:

as much as I'd love to believe he just came up with the idea out of pure narcissism, the truth is so much funnier because it was his awful fans weird image of him as tony stark that started this whole implosion by asking him to help with some poo poo he has no loving clue about

yeah this is one of the funnier bits, people keep making him do poo poo on twitter because it sounds benevolent.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

mandatory lesbian
Dec 18, 2012

Suspicious Dish posted:

There’s a reason for the word ‘stoned.’ You just sit there like a stone on weed.