Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Liquid Communism
Mar 9, 2004

Out here, everything hurts.

As of 7am my weekend starts, gonna go spend some quality time with this:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!

Liquid Communism posted:

3 hours to my weekend over here. Probably gonna hit the walking trail right after work.

Suburban Dad
Jan 10, 2007

Well what's attached to a leash that it made itself?
The punchline is the way that you've been fuckin' yourself

Liquid Communism posted:

hell yeah, fattie. I might look into one of them for winter riding quite soon.

Liquid Communism
Mar 9, 2004

Larrymer posted:

hell yeah, fattie. I might look into one of them for winter riding quite soon.

That was my thought. Traction is lovely here 5 months a year, but there's a lot of gravel.

CAT INTERCEPTOR
Nov 9, 2004

Basically a male Margaret Thatcher

Liquid Communism posted:

Tomorrow this comes out for the first time in a while....

But otherwise still building the kms on the other bike

https://www.strava.com/activities/1777790063

Adiabatic
Nov 18, 2007

What have you assholes done now?
Rest day on the workout front for me. Tomorrow is back/more shoulders!

How's everyone else's daily goals?

Liquid Communism
Mar 9, 2004

Adiabatic posted:

Ow my legs.

It was fun, but man it's going to take some work to get up to regular distances.

briefcasefullof
Sep 25, 2004
[This Space for Rent]

Adiabatic posted:

Rest day on the workout front for me. Tomorrow is back/more shoulders!

My good shoulder aches from what I hope is just ignoring it cramping up during my good mornings and powering through the other day. Looks like swimming might be on tap today, too.

Did meet my daily goal of playing basketball or soccer with my students at recess.

MomJeans420
Mar 19, 2007

I know it's bad to skip deload weeks, but my usual gym is closed for renovations this week and I've been sleeping in anyway. My goal tomorrow is to hit up the replacement gym and make up for 4 days of lost workouts. Rather than do my usual 6 day a week routine, I usually combine days and workout 3 days on my recovery week, so I don't think trying to do 4 workouts in 1 is impossible.

Suburban Dad
Jan 10, 2007

I went to the gym. I ate mostly well.

Tomorrow I'm smoking 3 racks of ribs. :v: Going biking the next two days most likely, though.

The Door Frame
Dec 5, 2011

I don't know man everytime I go to the gym here there are like two huge dudes with raging high and tights snorting Nitro-tech off of each other's rock hard abs.
I am consistently hitting ~50% of my fiber goal, which is pissing me off, but I am also consistently hitting my calorie goal, so that's something

CAT INTERCEPTOR
Nov 9, 2004

Basically a male Margaret Thatcher
https://www.strava.com/activities/1779495438

Not as far as I wanted. More than I thought I would manage given how poo poo I felt this morning.

Memento
Aug 25, 2009

Bleak Gremlin
Checking in.

https://www.strava.com/activities/1779659833

7.7km in 1:11:00. Took the dog with me and towards the end he was looking at me like "um this is a lot further than I normally walk, why are we still doing this?"

For the record, it's 2.1°C (36°F) out there right now. Well earned beer coming my way.

Total of 10.7km for the first week. I think I'll get in a very easy 4 tomorrow assuming the weather holds. At my age, one miserable cold/freezing rain walk per weekend is my limit.

Liquid Communism
Mar 9, 2004

Rest day. I passed out on the couch with a movie on instead of in bed, and feel like hot trash today.

Adiabatic
Nov 18, 2007

I am currently trying to get my lazy rear end off the couch to work out as we speak. Time for motivation videos.

briefcasefullof
Sep 25, 2004
[This Space for Rent]
In the words of CT Fletcher, take your punk rear end to the gym.

Goals for the day: stay under 55 fat grams and get some swimming in if the weather permits. Also get the wood for building my caber for my Highland Games training. Got my kilt, so I guess I better start training. I'm only like two months behind my goal of training this summer.

tetrapyloctomy
Feb 18, 2003

Okay -- you talk WAY too fast.
Nap Ghost
Aaaaand the in-laws visiting hosed up any chance at hitting the gym for a few, hopefully I'll get there today. Also, I don't know WTF I did differently on my last chest day, but I've still got some (now very, very mild) DOMS.

jamal
Apr 15, 2003

I'll set the building on fire
Had a good bike ride today, now I need to avoid eating all the food.

tetrapyloctomy
Feb 18, 2003

Nap Ghost
Achievement unlocked: Do A Leg Day.

It was a weakass leg day -- squats only up to 225 × 4, leg press, leg extensions, hamstring curls, calf raises, then some biceps stuff -- partly because I am still wary of my back WRT heavier squats, partly because I am way deconditioned, and partly because the area with the squat rack was 90 loving degrees. But it was a leg day, and enough of one that I will be sore.

Next hurdle: do not eat all of the apple fritters my wife bought from the Amish folk at Reading Terminal Market.

Adiabatic
Nov 18, 2007

tetrapyloctomy posted:

Achievement unlocked: Do A Leg Day.

It was a weakass leg day -- squats only up to 225 × 4, leg press, leg extensions, hamstring curls, calf raises, then some biceps stuff -- partly because I am still wary of my back WRT heavier squats, partly because I am way deconditioned, and partly because the area with the squat rack was 90 loving degrees. But it was a leg day, and enough of one that I will be sore.

Next hurdle: do not eat all of the apple fritters my wife bought from the Amish folk at Reading Terminal Market.

Dude nice. I suck so bad at leg day. Squats and deadlifts I'm always pushing super weak. There's been quick progress but I'm not even at 2 plates yet.

Suburban Dad
Jan 10, 2007

Form is more important to not hurt yourself later. Don't rush big numbers.

Rode about 16 miles today and then came home and mowed. Spent, and probably dehydrated. Still, ride was good and hopefully I can get in another tomorrow.

tetrapyloctomy
Feb 18, 2003

Nap Ghost

Adiabatic posted:

Dude nice. I suck so bad at leg day. Squats and deadlifts I'm always pushing super weak. There's been quick progress but I'm not even at 2 plates yet.

I've never had a strong squat/DL, or even one proportionate to bench, but I didn't used to be weak, either. It's hard to leave the ego at the door, but that's what I'm going to have to do. I've switched to high-bar squats with 5-lb plates under my heels to alleviate low back strain secondary to normal lean and decreased ankle mobility respectively, but there's no two ways about it, I really need to do some hip and hamstring flexibility exercises before I consider adding more weight. I don't think I'll ever be able to DL again, and that makes me sad.

Squat form is tough, and it doesn't help that there are a bunch of ways to do it right and even more ways to do it wrong. Once you find your groove and aren't constantly thinking, "Which way are my knees pointing? What is my back doing? How low am I going? How far back is my butt? Is the bar level? Is the bar at the right height? Is the bar tracking correctly or is it moving forward or backward?" and so forth you'll get a lot stronger, and fast. Locking in good form is key, and extra plates can come later.

briefcasefullof
Sep 25, 2004
[This Space for Rent]
Nthing form over numbers. Literally no one cares what you squat. It's a mind over matter thing; the ones there to exercise don't mind what you squat, and that ones that give you poo poo about it don't matter.

Swimming was out, so I didn't really do that goal. So far so good at staying under my calorie / fat goals, tho.

tetrapyloctomy
Feb 18, 2003

Nap Ghost
Update: I have not had an apple fritter. But they call to me.

INCHI DICKARI
Aug 23, 2006

by FactsAreUseless
I've gained 64 pounds in the last year but AI turns all weenie when I lose weight, you bitches

Fender Anarchist
May 20, 2009

Fender Anarchist

INCHI DICKARI posted:

I've gained 64 pounds in the last year but AI turns all weenie when I lose weight, you bitches

Everyone has different and valid health needs, Dave.

INCHI DICKARI
Aug 23, 2006

by FactsAreUseless

Enourmo posted:

Everyone has different and valid health needs, Dave.

And I need to be about 165 lbs with a 32" waist again

The Door Frame
Dec 5, 2011

I don't know man everytime I go to the gym here there are like two huge dudes with raging high and tights snorting Nitro-tech off of each other's rock hard abs.

INCHI DICKARI posted:

And I need to be about 165 lbs with a 32" waist again

Don't we all...

Memento
Aug 25, 2009

Bleak Gremlin
It's a quarter past 1 in the afternoon and it's hailed four times today. I don't think I'm getting out for another session.

Adiabatic
Nov 18, 2007

Yeah I was super hungover today and very bad and did not go to the gym. Tomorrow I will pay for this. Might get a 2-a-day in.

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!
My sleep schedule continues to wildly fluctuate so exercise didn't really happen. But we're getting brunch with friends at 10am and then going to tear up my mom's backyard so that should be a solid workout.

Edit: Hey since this is a YLLS crossover can we talk about fashion and whatnot?

Rhyno fucked around with this message at 12:19 on Aug 19, 2018

Suburban Dad
Jan 10, 2007

Weigh in for the week so I don't forget. For accountability!

191.8 lb

18X has been elusive since two a days in high school.

Olympic Mathlete
Feb 25, 2011

:h:

Rhyno posted:

Yes because Americans talking fashion is never not the funniest thing.

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!

Olympic Mathlete posted:

Yes because Americans talking fashion is never not the funniest thing.

Well the men's clothing thread in YLLS is enormous and terrible. I got some excellent feedback on the suit I got for my wedding last year and I just picked up some more nice clothes so I was just curious!

Suburban Dad
Jan 10, 2007

Rhyno posted:

Please god no

Ferremit
Sep 14, 2007
if I haven't posted about MY LANDCRUISER yet, check my bullbars for kangaroo prints

Well I've been doing the stretches that my physio prescribed, but none of the resistance exercises because the last three days of the week at work involved hand shoveling literal tonnes of wet mulch out of a truck onto garden beds, so thats been the exercise for those days.

Picked up a chainsaw today and my entire upper back twinged and now it hurts to exist.

Fender Anarchist
May 20, 2009

Fender Anarchist

Morning weigh-in: 335.4 :dance:

Holy poo poo this calorie stuff actually works when you're not trying to simultaneously eat for weight loss and sikk gainz

Adiabatic
Nov 18, 2007

Rhyno posted:

gently caress no

Turbo Fondant
Oct 25, 2010

Rhyno posted:

fashion and whatnot?

The AI uniform is cargo shorts and band shirts, MCU shirts or blipshifts and no more needs to be said.
(Edit: forgot MCU thanks 14", DC is not acceptable tho)

Turbo Fondant fucked around with this message at 20:06 on Aug 19, 2018

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

INCHI DICKARI
Aug 23, 2006

by FactsAreUseless
I'm currently wearing a Venom shirt with flannel pajama pants