Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

infernal machines
Oct 11, 2012

we monitor many frequencies. we listen always. came a voice, out of the babel of tongues, speaking to us. it played us a mighty dub.
By fair I’m talking about writing something that accurately represents the core truth. It is far easier and gets more attention if you use salacious headlines, sound bites and make it sound like ‘the truth lies somewhere in the middle’, even when it doesn’t, That’s how the climate deniers work.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

President Beep
Apr 30, 2009

i have to have a car because otherwise i cant drive around the country solving mysteries while being doggedly pursued by federal marshals for a crime i did not commit (9/11)

infernal machines posted:

This guy is super 🥜, He is simultaneously saying that our security sucks (it’s not great, but I’m pretty sure we aren’t a branch of the Sinaloa cartel like he claims) and that we have amazing spying ability. Those can’t both be true.

source your quotes funding.

infernal machines
Oct 11, 2012

we monitor many frequencies. we listen always. came a voice, out of the babel of tongues, speaking to us. it played us a mighty dub.
elon "elon musk" musk speaks!

FAUXTON
Jun 2, 2005

spero che tu stia bene

You should change your name to inferno machines if you're gonna quote the Apartheid Galaxybrain of Hawthorne

Baxate
Feb 1, 2011

what the gently caress

:tesla:

ryde
Sep 9, 2011

God I love young girls

He is simultaneously saying that our security sucks ... and that we have amazing spying ability. Those can’t both be true.

These two things that are not related or mutually exclusive can’t both be true.

infernal machines
Oct 11, 2012

it certainly hasn't been an issue for the american government

Luigi Thirty
Apr 30, 2006

Emergency confection port.

https://www.nytimes.com/2018/08/16/business/elon-musk-interview-tesla.html

Elon Musk really speaks!

quote:

Mr. Musk has said he saw the tweet as an attempt at transparency. He acknowledged Thursday that no one had seen or reviewed it before he posted it.

Tesla’s shares soared. Investors, analysts and journalists puzzled over the tweet — published in the middle of the day’s official market trading, an unusual time to release major news — including the price Mr. Musk cited. He said in the interview that he wanted to offer a roughly 20 percent premium over where the stock had been recently trading, which would have been about $419. He decided to round up to $420 — a number that has become code for marijuana in counterculture lore.

“It seemed like better karma at $420 than at $419,” he said in the interview. “But I was not on weed, to be clear. Weed is not helpful for productivity. There’s a reason for the word ‘stoned.’ You just sit there like a stone on weed.”

quote:

He blamed short-sellers — investors who bet that Tesla’s shares will lose value — for much of his stress. He said he was bracing for “at least a few months of extreme torture from the short-sellers, who are desperately pushing a narrative that will possibly result in Tesla’s destruction.”

the article also confirms that he tweets on ambien benders

FAUXTON
Jun 2, 2005

spero che tu stia bene

I think CNBC mentioned something like 27% of TSLA shares were under short orders

Roosevelt
Jul 18, 2009

I'm looking for the man who shot my paw.

has tesla actually been apologetic about people dying in horrific accidents and cars falling apart or has it all been whoopsie-doodle uwu tweets as their stock climbs

infernal machines
Oct 11, 2012

Luigi Thirty posted:

You just sit there like a stone on weed.

sage words from captain acid bender

infernal machines
Oct 11, 2012

Roosevelt posted:

has tesla actually been apologetic about people dying in horrific accidents and cars falling apart or has it all been whoopsie-doodle uwu tweets as their stock climbs

they've specifically blamed the deceased for their misfortune and published sensitive information to discredit them in the middle of official investigations, leading to the muskman getting into a spat with the ntsb

infernal machines
Oct 11, 2012

so neither, really

Farmer Crack-Ass
Jan 2, 2001

this is me posting irl
i know azalea banks said he was on acid but i could totally see musk being out of his mind on amphetamines

akadajet
Sep 14, 2003

Luigi Thirty posted:

https://www.nytimes.com/2018/08/16/business/elon-musk-interview-tesla.html

Elon Musk really speaks!

the article also confirms that he tweets on ambien benders

quote:

To help sleep when he is not working, Mr. Musk said he sometimes takes Ambien. It is often a choice of no sleep or Ambien, he said.

But this has worried some board members, who have noted that sometimes the drug does not put Mr. Musk to sleep but instead contributes to late-night Twitter sessions, according to a person familiar with the boards thinking. Some board members are also aware that Mr. Musk has on occasion used recreational drugs, according to people familiar with the matter.

worked for roseanne

FAUXTON
Jun 2, 2005

spero che tu stia bene

Farmer Crack-rear end posted:

i know azalea banks said he was on acid but i could totally see musk being out of his mind on amphetamines

grams, me heer plogs is fullin' off me meth-soaked skilp

Jonny 290
May 5, 2005

[ASK] me about OS/2 Warp
back when i talked to my mom, she got on ambien and would call me at night after taking it, and from T+0 to T+20 on the phone call she turned into this nine dimensional universe brain peyote being, it was loving CRAZY

akadajet
Sep 14, 2003

this nyt article is really making me feel bad for the billionaire ceo of 3 big companies who doesn't have any time to raise his family and gently caress his pop musician girlfriend

Moist von Lipwig
Oct 28, 2006

by FactsAreUseless
Tortured By Flan

Jonny 290 posted:

back when i talked to my mom, she got on ambien and would call me at night after taking it, and from T+0 to T+20 on the phone call she turned into this nine dimensional universe brain peyote being, it was loving CRAZY

I think I just mentioned it in the pics thread but, Ambien is the exact same mechanism of action as amanita muscara, the poo poo that Siberian shamans take and babble about being possessed. its nothing like psilocybin at all. I've been hosed up on zopiclone which is a close relative of Ambien and holy poo poo the z-drugs are some weird poo poo we should not be giving out to people like we do. loving love falling asleep and meeting 9 dimensional demon god.

Dixie Cretin Seaman
Jan 22, 2008

all hat and one catte
Hot Rope Guy
elonita muskara

infernal machines
Oct 11, 2012

it's like the ocarina from zelda and it teleports you to an sec investigation

Jonny 290
May 5, 2005

[ASK] me about OS/2 Warp

jesus retitle this thread, right now

Moist von Lipwig
Oct 28, 2006

by FactsAreUseless
Tortured By Flan
lmao

President Beep
Apr 30, 2009

i have to have a car because otherwise i cant drive around the country solving mysteries while being doggedly pursued by federal marshals for a crime i did not commit (9/11)

lmao. im dying.

refleks
Nov 21, 2006

I loving love how musk keeps trying to make short sellers the boogieman... it makes me irrationally mad that he keeps pushing that talking point

ol qwerty bastard
Dec 13, 2005

If you want something done, do it yourself!
god is there anything more repugnant than journos fawning over the ~~tragic billionaire~~ and trying to make it out like he's just a dude like you or i but with so much crushing responsibility he's really a modern-day atlas, how sad

i was going to make some joke about how it'd be like a feudal lord getting all the town criers to proclaim to the peasants how overworked and stressed he is, but then realized if anything it's worse than that since:
a) a lord couldn't easily abdicate his position without causing problems, while musk absolutely could just retire tomorrow - except he thinks he's so much smarter than everyone else that no one but him could possibly provide the necessary leadership, and
b) unlike a lot of people today, peasants actually understood their place in the system and knew that it didn't matter how hard they worked, they would never be the king (not defending entrenched social hierarchies just stating the fact that no one reading this is ever going to be a billionaire [sorry])

so while a lord complaining to a peasant would be totally a dick move, i actually don't think it's as heinous as this late-capitalism "billionaires are our friends, sympathize with them" bullshit narrative they try to sell us all the time

ol qwerty bastard
Dec 13, 2005

If you want something done, do it yourself!
reminder that having a ton of money actually breaks human brains in measurable ways, and not good ways either unless you're a big fan of narcissistic sociopathy

refleks
Nov 21, 2006

ol qwerty bastard posted:

reminder that having a ton of money actually breaks human brains in measurable ways, and not good ways either unless you're a big fan of narcissistic sociopathy

dont kinkshame please

Mr SuperAwesome
Apr 6, 2011

im from the bad post police, and i'm afraid i have bad news

mrmcd
Feb 22, 2003

Pictured: The only good cop (a fictional one).

akadajet posted:

this nyt article is really making me feel bad for the billionaire ceo of 3 big companies who doesn't have any time to raise his family and gently caress his pop musician girlfriend

FAUXTON
Jun 2, 2005

spero che tu stia bene

:v:

PIZZA.BAT
Nov 12, 2016

:cheers:

flakeloaf
Feb 26, 2003

Still better than android clock

pictured: elon prepares to attack his critics

President Beep
Apr 30, 2009

flakeloaf posted:

pictured: elon prepares to attack his critics

can revert to being a child? checks out.

PleasureKevin
Jan 2, 2011

Sniep posted:

can you talk normal for like, 15 seconds

no, but i can hold my head up high, speak the truth that’s in my heart, and sadly lack anything to say for the remaining 6 seconds

President Beep
Apr 30, 2009

live your truth, pk. to bring pleasure to others you must first bring it to.............yourself.

prisoner of waffles
May 8, 2007

Ah! well a-day! what evil looks
Had I from old and young!
Instead of the cross, the fishmech
About my neck was hung.

PleasureKevin posted:

no, but i can hold my head up high, speak the truth that’s in my heart, and sadly lack anything to say for the remaining 6 seconds

President Beep posted:

live your truth, pk. to bring pleasure to others you must first bring it to.............yourself.

pleasurekevin is insanely good imo

prisoner of waffles
May 8, 2007

Ah! well a-day! what evil looks
Had I from old and young!
Instead of the cross, the fishmech
About my neck was hung.

god is there anything more repugnant than journos fawning over the ~~tragic billionaire~~ and trying to make it out like he's just a dude like you or i but with so much crushing responsibility he's really a modern-day atlas, how sad

i was going to make some joke about how it'd be like a feudal lord getting all the town criers to proclaim to the peasants how overworked and stressed he is, but then realized if anything it's worse than that since:
a) a lord couldn't easily abdicate his position without causing problems, while musk absolutely could just retire tomorrow - except he thinks he's so much smarter than everyone else that no one but him could possibly provide the necessary leadership, and
b) unlike a lot of people today, peasants actually understood their place in the system and knew that it didn't matter how hard they worked, they would never be the king (not defending entrenched social hierarchies just stating the fact that no one reading this is ever going to be a billionaire [sorry])

so while a lord complaining to a peasant would be totally a dick move, i actually don't think it's as heinous as this late-capitalism "billionaires are our friends, sympathize with them" bullshit narrative they try to sell us all the time

yeah dude

source you're assertions

President Beep
Apr 30, 2009

prisoner of waffles posted:

pleasurekevin is insanely good imo

i agree. the av really completes the package too. strong brand.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

akadajet
Sep 14, 2003

tsla stock chart lookin good this morning