Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

SamuraiFoochs
Jan 16, 2007

Grimey Drawer

VJeff posted:

tbh I'm just bummed out by the idea of Ambrose potentially being an extremely hot babyface coming off of a long layoff and Rollins being the hottest he's ever been in his career and both of them just becoming tag team guys again because WWE just has never wanted to seriously push either one of them except for the couple times circumstances forced them to give them the belt for a little while.

But, whatever, WWE ultimately sees Rollins and Ambrose as a means to get Roman over and little else, so it doesn't make a big difference one way or the other if they're in a tag team or if they're in The Shield Part 3: Featuring Roman Reigns And His Friends.

I actually don't see it that way at all. But I'll effortpost it about it later if/when the Ambrose return is official.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Chris James 2
Aug 9, 2012

VJeff posted:

But, whatever, WWE ultimately sees Rollins and Ambrose as a means to get Roman over and little else,

Yep

yea ok
Jul 27, 2006

raw script got leaked

SatoshiMiwa
May 6, 2007

https://twitter.com/nodqdotcom/status/1029158145967501312

Link to script retweeted by Meltzer so it's probably legit

Chris James 2
Aug 9, 2012

Roman Reigns will have a promo interrupted by Paul Heyman. Brock Lesnar will attack Reigns after Heyman sprays him with pepper spray. It was all a ruse for Heyman and Lesnar.

How will the Big Dog overcome the odds of having to deal with both Brock AND Paul at Summerslam? Find out at Summerslam ooooooooooohahhhhhhhhhhhh

SatoshiMiwa
May 6, 2007

Script is 100% accurate so far lol

Liquid Communism
Mar 9, 2004

Out here, everything hurts.

sportsgenius86 posted:

If it’s a clean break that’s actually quite a relief in terms of recovery

Yeah, seems ghoulish to say it, but a clean break heals a lot better than more knee troubles.

SatoshiMiwa posted:

https://twitter.com/nodqdotcom/status/1029158145967501312

Link to script retweeted by Meltzer so it's probably legit

How is that script so short for three loving hours.

Seriously, the roster is stacked, and that's the best the idiots in booking can come up with?

Liquid Communism fucked around with this message at 02:28 on Aug 14, 2018

Strawberry Panda
Nov 4, 2007

Breakfast Defecting, Slow Dick Touching, Root Beer Barreling SwagVP
"– Kurt Angle will be seen backstage throughout the night."

By gawd, how do they come up with this brilliance?

Big Queefy
Jan 27, 2013

DEANBROSE!!!

Edit: wrong thread dumbass me

KungFu Grip
Jun 18, 2008
Dean's totally turning on Seth lol

SamuraiFoochs
Jan 16, 2007

Grimey Drawer

KungFu Grip posted:

Dean's totally turning on Seth lol

I dunno I've been reading for months that the plan is for them to do a tag run for a while and everything else has been on the money.

MJeff
Jun 2, 2011

THE LIAR

SamuraiFoochs posted:

I actually don't see it that way at all. But I'll effortpost it about it later if/when the Ambrose return is official.

Wanna elaborate on this now?

SamuraiFoochs
Jan 16, 2007

Grimey Drawer

VJeff posted:

Wanna elaborate on this now?

I plan to do it in the discussion thread when it's posted since it's more on topic there.

DarkstarIV
Apr 6, 2010

OFFICIAL RACIST
Smackdown spoilers for tonight, I guess.

Charlotte will Kick off the show
Charlotte & Becky vs Absolution
Miz Selfie video,
Lots of Miz this show
Jobbers vs Harper and Rowan
Sanity vs New Day
Jeff Hardy returns to action
Paige Backstage with Samoa Joe
Aiden English vs Andrade Cien Almas
Video of Daniel Bryan & Miz Feud
Shelton vs Jeff Hardy
AJ Styles Summerslam Promise interrupted by Samoa Joe

bradzilla
Oct 15, 2004

I wonder how long the scripts will leak before Vince starts circulating fakes and has the only real script for himself

Davros1
Jul 19, 2007

You've got to admit, you are kind of implausible

bradzilla posted:

I wonder how long the scripts will leak before Vince starts circulating fakes and has the only real script for himself

How long until the fake script has a better program than the real script?

The Croc
Dec 19, 2004

A-well-a everybody's heard about the bird!

OH YEAH!

Davros1 posted:

How long until the fake script has a better program than the real script?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mg3fYnzUKCM

DarkstarIV
Apr 6, 2010

OFFICIAL RACIST
Posting this in the spoilers thread just to be safe, but Dave is heavily implying in the latest newsletter that WWE is likely doing the 4HW vs 4HW stuff at either Evolution or Survivor Series this year. Going as far to say as teasers are starting to be sent out/worked on.

Also worth noting that he pointed out that backstage officials feel like most of the UFC 4HW seem to be ready to do the match. They feel like Ronda is great when the match is laid out, Shayna is well...Shayna, Jessamin got a lot of positive feedback for her debut, and apparently Marina is getting very positive reviews when it comes to her training.

I feel like if they are going to be building up to it soon, Takeover: Brooklyn or Evolution will be Shayna's swan song to NXT.

MJeff
Jun 2, 2011

THE LIAR
Doing that at Evolution is a mistake, because Evolution should be main evented by Ronda as a champion, not in some eight-man tag. Survivor Series is better. I mean, I'm sure you can bullshit a way to get Sasha and Bayley to SmackDown by then and run it as a Raw vs. SmackDown match.

Gaz-L
Jan 28, 2009
I thought Marina was the one who's done a couple of matches on the Florida shows and Jessamyn is the one that they're really high on and think is gonna be the best of the four in-ring, but hasn't actually worked in front of people yet?

And SurSer makes more sense. You can run an angle for it at Evolution, like maybe Bayley and Sasha come to run off some heels from Ronda, and then Charlotte comes out for a big curtain call moment with the two champs... only to do the classic Horsemen-style beatdown on Ronda with Bayley and Sasha joining in.

Gaz-L fucked around with this message at 02:25 on Aug 17, 2018

TV Zombie
Sep 6, 2011

Burying all the trauma from past nights
Burying my anger in the past

You could have Ronda with her title match and then make it 3 vs 3 for the other horsewomen or whatever.

fatherofmustard
May 15, 2018

Survivor Series usually does 5-vs-5 matches though

MJeff
Jun 2, 2011

THE LIAR

fatherofmustard posted:

Survivor Series usually does 5-vs-5 matches though

They did a 3v3 Shield vs New Day last year.

DarkstarIV
Apr 6, 2010

OFFICIAL RACIST

VJeff posted:

Doing that at Evolution is a mistake, because Evolution should be main evented by Ronda as a champion, not in some eight-man tag. Survivor Series is better. I mean, I'm sure you can bullshit a way to get Sasha and Bayley to SmackDown by then and run it as a Raw vs. SmackDown match.

You probably wouldn't need to bullshit it, to be honest. Just make Sasha and Bayley (or Charlotte/Becky) the Women's Tag Champs, and have the titles float between Smackdown and RAW.

bradzilla
Oct 15, 2004

VJeff posted:

They did a 3v3 Shield vs New Day last year.

That was a trios tag match, not a survivor series match

Strawberry Panda
Nov 4, 2007

bradzilla posted:

That was a trios tag match, not a survivor series match

Nowhere did Darkstar say it's supposed to be a Survivor Series match. Just that it may be at Survivor Series.

StupidSexyMothman
Aug 9, 2010

Strawberry Panda posted:

Nowhere did Darkstar say it's supposed to be a Survivor Series match. Just that it may be at Survivor Series.

Makes sense to do it elimination-style, though; if Jessamyn/Marina aren't ready you can get them in to do whatever they're comfortable with, however much that is, & then do a gently caress finish double countout to get them out of there.

Unless they're going to strap the rocket to Shayna as queen heel & have her refuse to tag out of the match so Ronda can't get in & build to Shayna/Ronda...

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

VJeff posted:

Well that's an easy fix, have Ronda lose on Sunday!

fatherofmustard
May 15, 2018

http://www.attcenter.com/events/detail/wwe-2

Seth and Dean vs Drew and Dolph is being advertised for HIAC

Cavauro
Jan 9, 2008

evolution was the name of a stable. It's still clear in the minds of many fans today.

SamuraiFoochs
Jan 16, 2007

Grimey Drawer

fatherofmustard posted:

http://www.attcenter.com/events/detail/wwe-2

Seth and Dean vs Drew and Dolph is being advertised for HIAC

That match will be fun as gently caress, and don't worry everyone, Dean will turn eventually I'm sure of it.

Bigass Moth
Mar 6, 2004

I joined the #RXT REVOLUTION.
:boom:
he knows...

Cavauro posted:

evolution was the name of a stable. It's still clear in the minds of many fans today.

It’s a mystery.

Shine
Feb 26, 2007

No Muscles For The Majority
That was Eeevolution.

Strawberry Panda
Nov 4, 2007

Bigass Moth posted:

It’s a mystery.

drat. I was gonna post that.

Gaz-L
Jan 28, 2009
:iiam: was right there, guys.

Truther Vandross
Jun 17, 2008

I’m gonna laugh when either Bayley or Becky get bumped from the horsewomen showdown for Alexa

rovert
Jun 10, 2013
Will respect HIPPA, her privacy and stuff.

But Tegan Nox/Nixon Newell's knee injury is the worst I've ever heard in any sport. Will be a complete miracle if she ever wrestles again.

Don't expect any of her MYC injury match to be shown. They will just skip over it and explain it.

Venomous
Nov 7, 2011

sportsgenius86 posted:

I’m gonna laugh when either Bayley or Becky get bumped from the horsewomen showdown for Alexa

so Charlotte's the Misawa, Sasha's the Kobashi, Alexa's the Akiyama and Becky/Bayley are the Holy Demon Army (and the one who's dropped is Taue)? Sounds about right.

(actually tbh a Becky/Bayley tag title run would loving rule, so that's why they'll never do it)

rare Magic card l00k
Jan 3, 2011

rovert posted:

But Tegan Nox/Nixon Newell's knee injury is the worst I've ever heard in any sport. Will be a complete miracle if she ever wrestles again.

Don't expect any of her MYC injury match to be shown. They will just skip over it and explain it.

Worse than Sid's or Theismann's leg?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

yea ok
Jul 27, 2006

rovert posted:

that sucks