Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Turkey Farts
Jan 4, 2013

Reminds me of my Frankie. This is him at around two months old:

This is him now:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

UP THE BUM NO BABY
Sep 1, 2011

by Hand Knit
Frankie has developed a large, adorable tumor

Turkey Farts
Jan 4, 2013

That would be Gypsy. Our 6 y/o BT/pit mix. She's a softy.

pantslesswithwolves
Oct 28, 2008

Ba-dam ba-DUMMMMMM

Saw the new thread title. Please enjoy this sampling of Lando sploots.

boop the snoot
Jun 3, 2016
Lando’s tail trips me out. Monty has a bald spot where Lando has that uncontrollable floof.

boop the snoot fucked around with this message at 18:17 on Aug 16, 2018

Comrade Blyatlov
Aug 4, 2007

should have picked four fingers

pantslesswithwolves posted:

Saw the new thread title. Please enjoy this sampling of Lando sploots.

A+++++++++++ would look at all these sploots again

also lando is a top notch dog and i love reading this thread because it makes me think happy thoughts of louis and miss him in a happy way :unsmith:

i think i will get another dog in the near future

i shared it on discord but i told my flatmates and they asked what kind i want and i said a good dog
so one of them asked 'so what, are you gonna go to the shelter and ask each dog if they're a good dog?'

sounds like a pretty legit strategy to me

boop the snoot
Jun 3, 2016

Slavic Crime Yacht posted:

A+++++++++++ would look at all these sploots again

also lando is a top notch dog and i love reading this thread because it makes me think happy thoughts of louis and miss him in a happy way :unsmith:

i think i will get another dog in the near future

i shared it on discord but i told my flatmates and they asked what kind i want and i said a good dog
so one of them asked 'so what, are you gonna go to the shelter and ask each dog if they're a good dog?'

sounds like a pretty legit strategy to me

Only if you want to bring all the good dogs (all the dogs) home.

echomadman
Aug 24, 2004

Nap Ghost

Writer Cath
Apr 1, 2007

Box. Flipped.
Plaster Town Cop
My nephew really likes all the soldier dogs :3:

Tendai
Mar 16, 2007

"When the eagles are silent, the parrots begin to jabber."

Grimey Drawer

Turkey Farts posted:

Sweet angel doggo :kimchi:

Syrian Lannister
Aug 25, 2007

Oh, did I kill him too?
I've been a very busy little man.

Sugartime Jones
Not to be a downer with sploots , which I think are awesome, but watch out for hip dysplasia or other problems.

Johnny Five-Jaces
Jan 21, 2009

Turkey Farts posted:

ear dog

nullscan
May 28, 2004

TO BE A BOSS YOU MUST HAVE HONOR! HONOR AND A PENIS!

Dual sploot?

Winter Rose
Sep 27, 2007

Understand how unstable the truth can be.

I went out of town for a few days, so here's Chicha playing with the neighbors taking care of her.

https://i.imgur.com/g1pRzuL.mp4

SerthVarnee
Mar 13, 2011

It has been two zero days since last incident.
Big Super Slapstick Hunk
A good neighbour right there

unstucker
Jan 4, 2018

Turkey Farts posted:

Reminds me of my Frankie. This is him at around two months old:

This is him now:

so cute boy!))

unstucker
Jan 4, 2018
K9 dog)

Only registered members can see post attachments!

unstucker
Jan 4, 2018

BAGS FLY AT NOON
Apr 6, 2011

A Soft Nylon Bag

Lol, that’s one of my local PDs. Wonder if I’ve seen that good boy.

Golbez
Oct 9, 2002

1 2 3!
If you want to take a shot at me get in line, line
1 2 3!
Baby, I've had all my shots and I'm fine

What is this Yoda pup and what is he wearing

MrYenko
Jun 18, 2012

#2 isn't ALWAYS bad...

Super Grocery Kart posted:

Lol, that’s one of my local PDs. Wonder if I’ve seen that good boy.

Officer. OFFICER. OOOFFFIIICCEEERRRRR.

Can I see your doggo, please?

MrDesaude
Sep 10, 2013

Have you tried lighting incense and praying to the Omnissiah?
So a few years ago, my wife and I found a tiny stray kitten out in a feral colony behind a Chinese food place. Itty bitty.
Well this cat has turned into my Dog's emotional support animal. Anyone else have this situation?

Mr. Nice!
Oct 13, 2005

c-spam cannot afford

MrDesaude posted:

So a few years ago, my wife and I found a tiny stray kitten out in a feral colony behind a Chinese food place. Itty bitty.
Well this cat has turned into my Dog's emotional support animal. Anyone else have this situation?

Cats love to have a companion, and although Dakota doesn't necessarily give a drat about Hector and Tank, my old roommate's dog Ghost was basically hector's mom and cared for him, and one of my gf's dog Baylee both wrestles with and cuddles/grooms both of my cats.

echomadman
Aug 24, 2004

Nap Ghost

Golbez posted:

What is this Yoda pup and what is he wearing
Jack is a terrier mutt, he's wearing his light up collar so i can see where he is when i'm walking him late in the evening.
You can see it flashing in this vid
https://www.instagram.com/p/Bcp6jF2AQ1q/

the escape goat
Apr 16, 2008

Clara is photogenic as heck 😍

they're gonna do All The Tests on Clara so we’ll see if she’s got cancer or not; gonna keep our fingers crossed.

PenisMonkey
Apr 30, 2004

Be gentally.

MrDesaude posted:

I don’t know what you’re talking about.

nullscan
May 28, 2004

TO BE A BOSS YOU MUST HAVE HONOR! HONOR AND A PENIS!

Yeah,

No idea

What you mean

Jay Rust
Sep 27, 2011

the escape goat posted:

Clara is photogenic as heck 😍

they're gonna do All The Tests on Clara so we’ll see if she’s got cancer or not; gonna keep our fingers crossed.

Good luck Clara :ohdear:

boop the snoot
Jun 3, 2016
On my train ride back to DC I started reflecting and I wrote a letter. Probably overly cheesy. I choked up a bit while writing it.

Montster,

It’s your birthday on Sunday. You’ll be 4!!! Or 28 in dog years. You’re catching up to me too fast!

But I digress.

For all intents and purposes I’m done with this internship. I find out if I got the job by Wednesday of next week. I have a really good feeling about it, in my own Chicken Little neurotic way. It’s been a long journey since I got out of the military in 2014. I was pretty lost. I didn’t know what I wanted to do. I only started going to school for the reason most 18 year olds go to college: it just felt like the expected thing for me to do.

But I was lost. My nose was barely above water, and the rest of me was sinking fast.

And then, on September 26, 2014 I took a leap of faith and adopted you. I didn’t know what I was getting into, but I knew I wanted to get into it.

I wasn’t in any position mentally to have a dog. And honestly, you could have had a much better owner for the first year or two that I had you. I was demanding, controlling, impatient, and everything an owner shouldn’t be. And I know you didn’t have a choice, but you did something very important for me that nobody had ever done: you stayed with me.

I like to think I’ve given everything to make your life great in the last few years. But the reason I’m writing this is because I want to thank you for everything you’ve given me.

I remember the exact day you made me change my life. I was angry. I was in a fit of rage and I was throwing things around my room. Breaking stuff. Fuming. You were in the room with me and when I saw you, it was the clearest mirror I’ve ever had held up for me. You were in the corner of the bed shaking in terror. I immediately stopped what I was doing and felt more shame in that moment than I can remember ever feeling. I finally, FINALLY, realized how foolish I was behaving while having the violent outbursts.

I decided that day to change my life. A few months later we moved away from Tampa. I still didn’t have any direction and I was still prone to violent outbursts, but for the first time in my life I really wanted to change. It was no longer a pressure release for me to get angry; instead it was suddenly a burden.

Now it’s 2018. I’m about to find a career and you’re about to turn 4. I continue trying to improve myself every day, and I thank you for that motivation. I can’t imagine my life without you. You are my soulmate and my driving force in life. You’re my anchor, and you’re the greatest thing to ever happen to me.

You’re my Montster.

Tendai
Mar 16, 2007

"When the eagles are silent, the parrots begin to jabber."

Grimey Drawer

boop the snoot posted:

On my train ride back to DC I started reflecting and I wrote a letter. Probably overly cheesy. I choked up a bit while writing it.

Montster,

It’s your birthday on Sunday. You’ll be 4!!! Or 28 in dog years. You’re catching up to me too fast!

But I digress.

For all intents and purposes I’m done with this internship. I find out if I got the job by Wednesday of next week. I have a really good feeling about it, in my own Chicken Little neurotic way. It’s been a long journey since I got out of the military in 2014. I was pretty lost. I didn’t know what I wanted to do. I only started going to school for the reason most 18 year olds go to college: it just felt like the expected thing for me to do.

But I was lost. My nose was barely above water, and the rest of me was sinking fast.

And then, on September 26, 2014 I took a leap of faith and adopted you. I didn’t know what I was getting into, but I knew I wanted to get into it.

I wasn’t in any position mentally to have a dog. And honestly, you could have had a much better owner for the first year or two that I had you. I was demanding, controlling, impatient, and everything an owner shouldn’t be. And I know you didn’t have a choice, but you did something very important for me that nobody had ever done: you stayed with me.

I like to think I’ve given everything to make your life great in the last few years. But the reason I’m writing this is because I want to thank you for everything you’ve given me.

I remember the exact day you made me change my life. I was angry. I was in a fit of rage and I was throwing things around my room. Breaking stuff. Fuming. You were in the room with me and when I saw you, it was the clearest mirror I’ve ever had held up for me. You were in the corner of the bed shaking in terror. I immediately stopped what I was doing and felt more shame in that moment than I can remember ever feeling. I finally, FINALLY, realized how foolish I was behaving while having the violent outbursts.

I decided that day to change my life. A few months later we moved away from Tampa. I still didn’t have any direction and I was still prone to violent outbursts, but for the first time in my life I really wanted to change. It was no longer a pressure release for me to get angry; instead it was suddenly a burden.

Now it’s 2018. I’m about to find a career and you’re about to turn 4. I continue trying to improve myself every day, and I thank you for that motivation. I can’t imagine my life without you. You are my soulmate and my driving force in life. You’re my anchor, and you’re the greatest thing to ever happen to me.

You’re my Montster.

That's lovely :unsmith:

StrixNebulosa
Feb 14, 2012

You cheated not only the game, but yourself.
But most of all, you cheated BABA

I teared up on reading that. Thank you.

I've been reflecting on the good influence Apollo has been for me, lately. Thanks to him, I have a solid bedtime. I exercise. I get out to the dog park. I take better care of myself so he can get what he needs.

I'm so glad I met him.

evil_bunnY
Apr 2, 2003

That’s awesome and Monty is awesome and well done on starting to get your poo poo together for/thanks to him

Naked Bear
Apr 15, 2007

Boners was recorded before a studio audience that was alive!
:unsmith:

Wise Fwom Yo Gwave
Jan 9, 2006

Popping up from out of nowhere...

Nostalgia4Dogges
Jun 18, 2004

Only emojis can express my pure, simple stupidity.

Someone got a new brother 😍

Syrian Lannister
Aug 25, 2007

Oh, did I kill him too?
I've been a very busy little man.

Sugartime Jones
Cole you good people.

Thank you for sharing that.

ATP_Power
Jun 12, 2010

This is what fascinates me most in existence: the peculiar necessity of imagining what is, in fact, real.

Monty is a very good dog.

butros
Aug 2, 2007

I believe the signs of the reptile master

Best goddam page of this thread to date

BAGS FLY AT NOON
Apr 6, 2011

A Soft Nylon Bag
Dogs fuckin rule

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Comrade Blyatlov