Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

LividLiquid
Apr 13, 2002

twistedmentat posted:

I've seen a lot of people rewatching the series with new episodes, and I'm seeing "wow, this poo poo is hella racist and they use the R word way too much". Yea, early 2000s the R word was totally cool to use and it was used in comedy A LOT, but racist? I guess there's some stuff, but most of it are broad sterotypes you always see in Cartoons.
It was never okay to use. It was just more common and you didn't have to hear from the people you were hurting afterward.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Mr. Nice!
Oct 13, 2005

c-spam cannot afford

so rusty/monarch are half brothers after all and he hate’s rusty because he stole a toy train. :lol:

Also guess his means the monarch has a council seat as well

Mraagvpeine
Nov 4, 2014

I won this avatar on a technicality this thick.
Do you think they'll rebuild Blue Morpho? Just the head though.

Mantis42
Jul 26, 2010

No. They were going to execute him anyways.

Mr. Nice!
Oct 13, 2005

c-spam cannot afford

Mraagvpeine posted:

Do you think they'll rebuild Blue Morpho? Just the head though.

The monarch might if he gets ahold of it to find out more about his dad.

Rexxed
May 1, 2010

Dis is amazing!
I gotta try dis!

This new adult swim streaming site game is weird. You push the buttons and scroll the thing but you only get 8 seconds more episode every hour or so. Not very fun.

Billzasilver
Nov 8, 2016

I lift my drink and sing a song

for who knows if life is short or long?

Man's life is like the morning dew

past days many, future days few

i have been wondering for years what happened to Rusty’s 2nd cowboy and Indian plastic toy lmao

Cojawfee
May 31, 2006
I think the US is dumb for not using Celsius
Finally got through the whole episode by using Edge. HOLY poo poo. I'm really glad that they went with the Vendata = Blue Morpho thing. With all those clues, it would be really lovely if it was something else. That was amazing and I really wanted more. Then they did what I feared and then instantly killed both Blue Morpho and Jonas. I guess they couldn't really allow Rusty and Malcolm to get ALL the answers they wanted. Even though technically we know that Jonas is probably The Monarch's dad but no one else ever will. I'd be ok if they can extract some more info out of Vendata or from Jonas' head through experimentation. I guess I'm just a sucker for information and I want to know more. For the goodness of the show, it's likely best that Rusty and Malcolm don't get any closure so they can keep fighting. I kind of want to know how The Mighty Monarch might react knowing that his mortal enemy is actually his brother.

^^ Yes, that quick little gag was hilarious. Rusty fucks everything up again.

limp dick calvin
Sep 1, 2006

Strepitoso. Vedete? Una meraviglia.
Wow what a great episode.

asecondduck
Feb 18, 2011

by Nyc_Tattoo
Hot drat that was an episode. Monarch confirmed as Rusty’s half brother, the (mostly) complete explanation of what happened to Jonas, and the return of “SUPER run away!”

What else is left to reveal/explain at this point? They’ve knocked out the big questions, all that really remains now is who the boys mother is.

LashLightning
Feb 20, 2010

You know you didn't have to go post that, right?
But it's fine, I guess...

You just keep being you!

Man, using the Adult Swim website is such a pain in the rear end. Almost got to 9 minutes in at one point.

Edit: It just switched to playing All This etc etc for no reason. :(

LashLightning fucked around with this message at 00:54 on Aug 18, 2018

Cojawfee
May 31, 2006
Turn off your adblocker. I got the whole episode that way.

WrathOfBlade
May 30, 2011

asecondduck posted:

Hot drat that was an episode. Monarch confirmed as Rusty’s half brother, the (mostly) complete explanation of what happened to Jonas, and the return of “SUPER run away!”

What else is left to reveal/explain at this point? They’ve knocked out the big questions, all that really remains now is who the boys mother is.

Don't forget, we still don't know who did Movie Night.

Also holy poo poo Jonas is the worst

LashLightning
Feb 20, 2010

You know you didn't have to go post that, right?
But it's fine, I guess...

You just keep being you!

I'm using Edge, and I haven't put any extensions, or really ever touched it before, so I don't think there's any ad-block on it.

Although I've noticed that Brock's "hup!" climbing up on the Ven-Tech logo, and the scream falling down, have been pitch-shifted up for some reason.

Edit: gently caress, my VPN automatically uses a Ad-Blocker, so I'll turn that part off and see how things go.

LashLightning fucked around with this message at 01:14 on Aug 18, 2018

asecondduck
Feb 18, 2011

by Nyc_Tattoo

WrathOfBlade posted:

Also holy poo poo Jonas is the worst

Well we’ve known the second spoiler for the entire show. :v:

As for the first spoiler I’ve been joking for the past few weeks that Rusty did it but there’s a pretty good chance now that it was Malcolm

Waffleopolis
Apr 24, 2005

It's time....for the MAIN event!

asecondduck posted:

As for the first spoiler I’ve been joking for the past few weeks that Rusty did it but there’s a pretty good chance now that it was Malcolm

poo poo, that makes sense. Probably over Cowboys & Indians and the slightest miscommunication makes Malcom freak out and pulls the lever.
Edit: Wait, has there been any evidence tha tRusty and/or Malcolm were on board for Movie Night?

Waffleopolis fucked around with this message at 01:40 on Aug 18, 2018

Pepe Silvia Browne
Jan 1, 2007
Probation
Can't post for 2 hours!

asecondduck posted:

Waffleopolis posted:

poo poo, that makes sense. Probably over Cowboys & Indians and the slightest miscommunication makes Malcom freak out and pulls the lever.

Not that they can't just retcon it anyway, but I don't think this jibes with the events of Past Tense and Shadowman 9. Rusty and Malcolm were in college at the same time, and that was when Jonas died.

WrathOfBlade
May 30, 2011

Waffleopolis posted:

Edit: Wait, has there been any evidence tha tRusty and/or Malcolm were on board for Movie Night?

Rusty and Malcolm were both in college together when Jonas died - I doubt they had anything to do with Movie Night or Jonas' death (apart from Rusty being directly responsible for shattering Jonas' body)

e: speaking of timeline jackassery, has the whole show really only taken place over the course of 3 years? I assumed Hank & Dean were old enough to drink at this point

WrathOfBlade fucked around with this message at 01:45 on Aug 18, 2018

fishmech
Jul 16, 2006

by VideoGames
Salad Prong

WrathOfBlade posted:

I assumed Hank & Dean were old enough to drink at this point

Sure, if you go by when their first incarnations were born.

:v:

asecondduck
Feb 18, 2011

by Nyc_Tattoo

Pepe Silvia Browne posted:

Not that they can't just retcon it anyway, but I don't think this jibes with the events of Past Tense and Shadowman 9. Rusty and Malcolm were in college at the same time, and that was when Jonas died.

Oh right, duh. Then I’ve got nothing, but knowing the show it’ll be something expertly retconned and brilliant.

Mraagvpeine
Nov 4, 2014

I won this avatar on a technicality this thick.
I wonder how many siblings Rusty has since we're up to 3 now.

Phenotype
Jul 24, 2007

You must defeat Sheng Long to stand a chance.

WrathOfBlade posted:

I'm still going with Vendata, despite the fact that he couldn't quite remember pulling the lever down. It seems like a good narrative conclusion to that arc and makes a lot of sense given the relationship we've seen between him and Jonas. The alternative is that it was just a random act of violence by Stab Girl or one of the other villains that were on Gargantua-1. Unless they want to revisit it with some other retcon down the line, I guess.

Also, totally called it all along - there was no way Rusty was going to get so much as a conversation with Jonas. I kinda like the way they did it, all the exposition was between Vendata and Jonas, so we got a nice payoff to all the mystery and Rusty and Malcolm will never get to know. Kinda sad, really.

Cojawfee
May 31, 2006

WrathOfBlade posted:

e: speaking of timeline jackassery, has the whole show really only taken place over the course of 3 years? I assumed Hank & Dean were old enough to drink at this point

Dean just started going to college last season.

Billzasilver
Nov 8, 2016

do you think Vedanta still has that good<->evil switch in the back of his head?

Cojawfee
May 31, 2006

Billzasilver posted:

do you think Vedanta still has that good<->evil switch in the back of his head?

I still can't believe that's a thing.

Rand Brittain
Mar 25, 2013

"Go on until you're stopped."
They managed to have an episode with Bud Manstrong in it that was good.

Cojawfee
May 31, 2006
One thing I don't get about Bud Manstrong is that he said he was a paperboy on the station when they had movie night with Sharky's Machine. The movie came out on VHS in December 1981, so it probably made it up to the station in 1982. Manstrong seems to be at least in his 40s, since his hair is turning grey. He would have to have been in his teens when he was a paper boy on the station.

Billzasilver
Nov 8, 2016

isn't bud manstrong like, two years older than doc?

The Notorious ZSB
Apr 19, 2004

I SAID WE'RE NOT GONNA BE FUCKING SUCK THIS YEAR!!!

Cojawfee posted:

One thing I don't get about Bud Manstrong is that he said he was a paperboy on the station when they had movie night with Sharky's Machine. The movie came out on VHS in December 1981, so it probably made it up to the station in 1982. Manstrong seems to be at least in his 40s, since his hair is turning grey. He would have to have been in his teens when he was a paper boy on the station.

The dude is mentally like a 15 year old from the 50's. Would not surprise me to think that as a teen he thought that was a wholesome and worthwhile job to have given his devotion to the station.

Helion
Apr 28, 2008
Took me an hour to watch that 22 minute episode on stream. Worth it.

MichiganCubbie
Dec 11, 2008

I love that I have an erection...

...that doesn't involve homeless people.

Did anyone notice Kano talking when Vendata/Venturion/Morpho came up the escalator? This has been a great run, but I'm excited to see Monarch back, even if he's going to start questioning what's up between him and Rusty. It was a nice touch when they grabbed each other as they were falling into the balloon.

I'm going to be sad when this is the last we see of the Action Man.

I suppose this means it's been 2 years and 17 days since the events of season one?

CatstropheWaitress
Nov 26, 2017

Here's hoping the t-shirt is not The orgy tape. Really looking forward to where this goes! Given that Jonas was part robot and definitely in the wifi, could he still come back as code? Will the Monarch's inevitable "was that my dad" thread lead to more flashbacks?

This show is so gooood.

Bad friend!

CatstropheWaitress
Nov 26, 2017

Also Freddie Mercury was a villian in this shows universe, and that's wonderful.

MichiganCubbie
Dec 11, 2008

The World Inferno posted:

Also Freddie Mercury was a villian in this shows universe, and that's wonderful.

and apparently he was basically the Flash? I suppose that name is appropriate for him. Why was he an upstart, when Bowie (well, shapeshifter pretending to be Bowie) was the Sovereign?

AnimeIsTrash
Jun 30, 2018

Season 6 finale was great, looks like season 7 can finally start now.

Cojawfee
May 31, 2006

The World Inferno posted:

Will the Monarch's inevitable "was that my dad" thread lead to more flashbacks?

Probably not because herp derp can't have any real closure to a story line in this show, it just ends

RoboChrist 9000
Dec 14, 2006

Mater Dolorosa
I know they supposedly don't set stuff up in advance, but now I really want to re-watch Careers in Science and see if there is any morse code to be seen going on with the PROBLEM light.

MichiganCubbie
Dec 11, 2008

RoboChrist 9000 posted:

I know they supposedly don't set stuff up in advance, but now I really want to re-watch Careers in Science and see if there is any morse code to be seen going on with the PROBLEM light.

There can't be. People would have caught that it wasn't a normal blinking light 15 years ago. I'm sure it's just a normal cadence blinking.

RoboChrist 9000
Dec 14, 2006

Mater Dolorosa

MichiganCubbie posted:

There can't be. People would have caught that it wasn't a normal blinking light 15 years ago. I'm sure it's just a normal cadence blinking.

Would they? I mean, until just a few weeks ago, no one ever thought that there was anything special about the PROBLEM light/machine or that the events of the second episode would be critically related to one of the biggest mysteries of the entire series.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Cojawfee
May 31, 2006
A general rule of thumb for this show is that whenever you think "did they plan for this?" They didn't. This show works because they dig into the random plot points they had in the past and turn them into something. Going back to see that old plot point won't reveal anything.