Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Heath
Apr 30, 2008

🍂🎃🏞️💦

Iron Crowned posted:

Nonsense, it's August, it's always sunny from July 5th until August 30th in Seattle

It's Always Sunny in Seattle (For Part of the Year)

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

cash crab
Apr 5, 2015

all the time i am eating from the trashcan. the name of this trashcan is ideology

RoboRodent posted:

This is the view from my apartment window.

It's 9:45am. The sun has not risen today. Does this herald the apocalypse? Do I need to go to work if the world ends? Real questions.

(It's smoke from wildfires, which is completely blacking out the sky. It's actually been getting darker since I woke up.)

This kind of owns (as a picture anyway). I am also in the midst of sitting in the wildfires myself, and it was actually sort of nice the other day because it blotted out the sun and got a little cooler for like, a few minutes.

I mean, our fires are a little different. Not as big, for example.

Scathach
Apr 4, 2011

You know that thing where you sleep on your arm funny and when you wake up it's all numb? Yeah that's my whole world right now.

T-man posted:

Seattle went from wet and grey skies to itchy eyes and grey skies, so I don't miss what I don't have.

Hey now, we had some 92 degree swimming weather last week.

This smoke thing is bullshit though.

Iron Crowned
May 6, 2003

by Hand Knit

Scathach posted:

Hey now, we had some 92 degree swimming weather last week.

This smoke thing is bullshit though.

It's been 15 years, but I miss summer in Seattle

Poops Mcgoots
Jul 12, 2010

text me a vag pic posted:

givin' her that jordamn peter, soooooooooon.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sxL5E00rwkc

Phone posting so it's not queued up, but I can't help but think of the second verse when I see this picture.

Such Fun
May 6, 2013

Picnic Princess posted:

Why do I live in Western Canada. What a mistake.

twistedmentat
Nov 21, 2003

Its my party
and I'll die if
I want to

RoboRodent posted:

This is the view from my apartment window.

It's 9:45am. The sun has not risen today. Does this herald the apocalypse? Do I need to go to work if the world ends? Real questions.

(It's smoke from wildfires, which is completely blacking out the sky. It's actually been getting darker since I woke up.)

You're living in Las Vegas from Blade Runner 2049.

chitoryu12
Apr 24, 2014

https://youtu.be/wiE9Iqa61NA

Well this is certainly a thing.

MageMage
Feb 11, 2007

I SUCK AND LOVE TO YELL PERFORMATIVE HOT TAKES AND NONSENSE LIES WHEN I GET WORKED UP. SOMETIMES AUTOBANNED IS BETTER. MAYBE ONE DAY WHEN I STORM OFF I'LL ACTUALLY STOP SHITTING UP THE SITE FOR REAL
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=n-27_xXgGqY

Good soup!
Nov 2, 2010

BiggerBoat posted:

Holy poo poo Howard Stern did a segment on Romeo Rose pissing off a news anchor.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qqYumaxy3-A

Hahaha I've never heard Romeo Rose speak before and of loving course that's what his voice sounds like :allears:

SulfurMonoxideCute
Feb 9, 2008

I was under direct orders not to die
🐵❌💀

Twice this week we've had Tinder stalkers show up to visit my coworkers after being told that it wasn't going to work out, and they assume that means "Surprise her at work! They do it all the time in the movies and they end up together! Great idea!"

It is not a great idea.

The thing is, it costs $30 admission to get into where we work. So that just adds a whole other level to how uncomfortable it made my coworkers.

GAINING WEIGHT...
Mar 26, 2007

See? Science proves the JewsMuslims are inferior and must be purged! I'm not a racist, honest!

BurntCornMuffin posted:

I will never cease to be amazed at this mindset, especially given all the publications over the years about Diet being worse for you in many ways.

Is it though? You do hear people say spooky things about fake sugars but my understanding is that at best the actual studies are inconclusive. Meanwhile we KNOW actual sugar is horrible for you and causes all sorts of health problems, especially in America where it’s in loving everything.

Iron Crowned
May 6, 2003

by Hand Knit

Picnic Princess posted:

Twice this week we've had Tinder stalkers show up to visit my coworkers after being told that it wasn't going to work out, and they assume that means "Surprise her at work! They do it all the time in the movies and they end up together! Great idea!"

It is not a great idea.

The thing is, it costs $30 admission to get into where we work. So that just adds a whole other level to how uncomfortable it made my coworkers.

Did they at least ride a couple of coasters for that price?

Screaming Idiot
Nov 26, 2007

JUST POSTING WHILE JERKIN' MY GHERKIN SITTIN' IN A PERKINS!

BEATS SELLING MERKINS.

Maybe giving manchildren that much attention is a bad idea

Their parents should take away the wifi until they can learn some patience

SulfurMonoxideCute
Feb 9, 2008

🐵❌💀

Iron Crowned posted:

Did they at least ride a couple of coasters for that price?

One of them bought minidonuts and a slurpee for one of them even though she is very loudly proud of her keto diet which was amazing.

computer angel
Sep 9, 2008

Make it a double.

BurntCornMuffin posted:

I will never cease to be amazed at this mindset, especially given all the publications over the years about Diet being worse for you in many ways.

I've heard studies have been inconclusive at best so I'm curious to read these articles. I have an academic account so i can access publications if you provide the info.

Bees on Wheat
Jul 18, 2007

I've never been happy

QUAIL DIVISION
Buglord

Picnic Princess posted:

One of them bought minidonuts and a slurpee for one of them even though she is very loudly proud of her keto diet which was amazing.

Please tell us more. :allears:

About 10 years ago, I helped a college acquaintance who was down on his luck get a job at the computer store I worked at. Big mistake. Turns out he decided he had a crush on me, but I had no interest in him and was dating someone else anyway. So he started asking our supervisor for advice. And she started telling him it was wildly inappropriate to be asking her how to go about dating one of her subordinates. (For the record, she and I were pretty cool and hung out outside of work occasionally, but that's beside the point.) He also started following me home. Coincidentally, we lived in the same neighborhood, about two or three blocks away from each other, and neither of us had a car so sometimes we would end up on the same bus. Sometimes he would have the morning shift and I would have an evening shift, and he would wait in the break room for hours and hours so he could catch the same bus home and try to act all casual about it. He would insist on walking me to my front door, even though it meant having to walk several blocks back to his place. Thank god he never tried to invite himself in.

Eventually, management sort of persuaded him to quit, because he was just generally creepy and weird, and always looked greasy and unkempt. Nobody really wanted to fire him, but nobody wanted him to keep working there either. A couple months later, he showed up on Valentine's Day to surprise me.. except I was the only one at the service counter and I had a line of 5 or 6 people that all needed warranty service or repairs. And I still didn't care anyway. So this sad greasy guy was just awkwardly standing around for what felt like eternity, trying to catch my eye, like I don't know if he expected me to just suddenly jump over the counter and rush into his awaiting arms or something? gently caress, I don't have time for that. Even if my actual boyfriend had shown up to surprise me I'd have told him to wait his turn. This loving service ticket ain't gonna fill itself out.

Anyway, I guess he got bored and gave up, because he disappeared and I didn't see him again after that, but he did leave a single long-stem red rose on my laptop bag in the break room, along with a homemade card and coupon for one free day of "pampering". :stonklol:

T-man
Aug 22, 2010

Talk shit, get bzzzt.

Bees on Wheat posted:

About 10 years ago, I helped a college acquaintance who was down on his luck get a job at the computer store I worked at. Big mistake. Turns out he decided he had a crush on me, but I had no interest in him and was dating someone else anyway. So he started asking our supervisor for advice. And she started telling him it was wildly inappropriate to be asking her how to go about dating one of her subordinates. (For the record, she and I were pretty cool and hung out outside of work occasionally, but that's beside the point.) He also started following me home. Coincidentally, we lived in the same neighborhood, about two or three blocks away from each other, and neither of us had a car so sometimes we would end up on the same bus. Sometimes he would have the morning shift and I would have an evening shift, and he would wait in the break room for hours and hours so he could catch the same bus home and try to act all casual about it. He would insist on walking me to my front door, even though it meant having to walk several blocks back to his place. Thank god he never tried to invite himself in.

Eventually, management sort of persuaded him to quit, because he was just generally creepy and weird, and always looked greasy and unkempt. Nobody really wanted to fire him, but nobody wanted him to keep working there either. A couple months later, he showed up on Valentine's Day to surprise me.. except I was the only one at the service counter and I had a line of 5 or 6 people that all needed warranty service or repairs. And I still didn't care anyway. So this sad greasy guy was just awkwardly standing around for what felt like eternity, trying to catch my eye, like I don't know if he expected me to just suddenly jump over the counter and rush into his awaiting arms or something? gently caress, I don't have time for that. Even if my actual boyfriend had shown up to surprise me I'd have told him to wait his turn. This loving service ticket ain't gonna fill itself out.

Anyway, I guess he got bored and gave up, because he disappeared and I didn't see him again after that, but he did leave a single long-stem red rose on my laptop bag in the break room, along with a homemade card and coupon for one free day of "pampering". :stonklol:

fedora or trillbilly, and was he awkward-nerd skinny or goony-fat?

FluxFaun
Apr 7, 2010

Gather 'round, O Goons, and I shall sing you the story of Wolf-fucker Wyatt

Back during my first year of college I hang out with other huge nerds and we did what all nerds do, play DnD when we weren't stressing out about college. Most of my friend group were pretty good people, they knew how to bathe, generally knew about personal space and boundaries, and outside of the crippling social anxiety that would lead to the next year of bullshit, we were all pretty much okay.

Enter Wyatt. Now, this was before we knew about his proclivities, but Wyatt just kinda... showed up one day, and hung out with us. He was one of those weird nebulous friend-of-a-friends that pretty much everyone has known at one point, only none of us could ever agree who brought him into the group. At first, he wasn't too bad. I assume his parents forced him to bathe before school, so his BO funk at that point was like at a 2. He was greasy, but no more than the rest of us acne riddled fucks, and he spoke a little too loud and stared at anyone with breasts. As time passed, however, he just got smellier, and smellier, and worse and worse. His roommate, who joined our group later, confirmed that Wyatt didn't bathe for like, the entire semester.

As mentioned before, we played a lot of DnD, and we took turns being the DM. Wyatt's turn didn't start until the middle of the semester. At first, it was just kinda bland vaguely-bad liek you get sometimes, where the DM just wants your characters to sit around while he shoves you from set-piece to set-piece while his DM OC's did cool poo poo while we watched. Now, I didn't realize at the time that he had a crush on me. This was before I came out and started to transition, so I still wore dresses and didn't bind my chest and generally tried to be feminine. Wyatt decided that the best way to confess his feelings for me was to have his sentient wolf-character rape my character in game. No, I didn't get a choice about it, and no, I didn't stick around. The game ended after that and we all just... didn't talk about it. Wolf-fucker Wyatt then decided that maybe he might have made a mistake in his approach and instead started waiting around in common areas where he knew I'd pass through on my way to other classes, and badly serenading me with songs he considered romantic. Like, say, "Enter the Sandman", because of the line "take my hand". He also started asking my friends nonstop about my schedule and the like. Eventually I grew a spine and reported him to campus authorities and he had to leave me alone, but to this day if I get a whiff of something that reminds me of his weirdly specific brand of BO I remember him.

Anyway that's the story of Wolf-fucker Wyatt.

Bees on Wheat
Jul 18, 2007

I've never been happy

QUAIL DIVISION
Buglord

T-man posted:

fedora or trillbilly, and was he awkward-nerd skinny or goony-fat?

Can't remember him ever wearing hats, but I wouldn't be surprised if he had a fedora or three. He wasn't goony fat, but definitely had a few extra pounds. However, he did smoke a pipe with some really gross tobacco that made everyone around him feel ill, even the habitual chain smokers. He also walked with a cane, and still managed to look like a complete rear end in a top hat with it despite actually needing it because he had a seriously hosed-up knee.

Oh, did I mention he liked to grow his nails out and file them to a point? Or that he believed he was the reincarnation of a 1000 year old druid? Not sure if he meant the druid had actually been 1000 years old, or just lived 1000 years ago. I really did not want to ask.

Sociopastry posted:

Wolf-fucker Wyatt

How romantic. :allears:

BrigadierSensible
Feb 16, 2012

I've got a pocket full of cheese🧀, and a garden full of trees🌴.

Bees on Wheat posted:

There is a non zero chance that this would have involves actual Pampers.

chitoryu12
Apr 24, 2014

Sociopastry posted:

Gather 'round, O Goons, and I shall sing you the story of Wolf-fucker Wyatt

Back during my first year of college I hang out with other huge nerds and we did what all nerds do, play DnD when we weren't stressing out about college. Most of my friend group were pretty good people, they knew how to bathe, generally knew about personal space and boundaries, and outside of the crippling social anxiety that would lead to the next year of bullshit, we were all pretty much okay.

Enter Wyatt. Now, this was before we knew about his proclivities, but Wyatt just kinda... showed up one day, and hung out with us. He was one of those weird nebulous friend-of-a-friends that pretty much everyone has known at one point, only none of us could ever agree who brought him into the group. At first, he wasn't too bad. I assume his parents forced him to bathe before school, so his BO funk at that point was like at a 2. He was greasy, but no more than the rest of us acne riddled fucks, and he spoke a little too loud and stared at anyone with breasts. As time passed, however, he just got smellier, and smellier, and worse and worse. His roommate, who joined our group later, confirmed that Wyatt didn't bathe for like, the entire semester.

As mentioned before, we played a lot of DnD, and we took turns being the DM. Wyatt's turn didn't start until the middle of the semester. At first, it was just kinda bland vaguely-bad liek you get sometimes, where the DM just wants your characters to sit around while he shoves you from set-piece to set-piece while his DM OC's did cool poo poo while we watched. Now, I didn't realize at the time that he had a crush on me. This was before I came out and started to transition, so I still wore dresses and didn't bind my chest and generally tried to be feminine. Wyatt decided that the best way to confess his feelings for me was to have his sentient wolf-character rape my character in game. No, I didn't get a choice about it, and no, I didn't stick around. The game ended after that and we all just... didn't talk about it. Wolf-fucker Wyatt then decided that maybe he might have made a mistake in his approach and instead started waiting around in common areas where he knew I'd pass through on my way to other classes, and badly serenading me with songs he considered romantic. Like, say, "Enter the Sandman", because of the line "take my hand". He also started asking my friends nonstop about my schedule and the like. Eventually I grew a spine and reported him to campus authorities and he had to leave me alone, but to this day if I get a whiff of something that reminds me of his weirdly specific brand of BO I remember him.

Anyway that's the story of Wolf-fucker Wyatt.

I posted the full story in the D&D stories thread, but this reminds me a tiny bit of my group from about 7 years ago. It was my first ever D&D group, arranged by a weird guy named Scott who would later go on to join the Navy (and accuse his computer station of having ghosts in it because he accidentally caused interference when he waved his hands around the internals).

One night, he had his cousin play with us. I'm sure he was autistic from the way he behaved, but we were doing a rotating DM scheme within the same campaign. I won't go into all the details of the poo poo he pulled because it wouldn't really be interesting to anyone who doesn't play, but one of the things he did was have my character go to a "Baron of Many Appetites" for information in his library on the magical piece of armor we had to find. He had a servant girl bring me a drink, which I was really suspicious about. I had her take a drink first, and she promptly fell unconscious. Yeah, he was going to have my character get roofied.

Scott himself has serious, serious issues. He never kept a job for more than a year or two because he has severe anger management issues and would just start punching holes in the walls if things went bad. He fantasized about kidnapping and raping an autistic girl from school once. He started saying he had the soul of a werewolf and was involved in an astral projection war with vampires (also inhabiting people's bodies as spirits) which would determine the fate of the world in December 2012.

UncleButts
Sep 25, 2003

pure of heart
dumb of ass

chitoryu12 posted:

"Baron of Many Appetites"

My first thought was 'a guy with a cool mustache that comically keeps trying to eat your items'

then I remembered what thread this is

chitoryu12
Apr 24, 2014

Fooge posted:

My first thought was 'a guy with a cool mustache that comically keeps trying to eat your items'

then I remembered what thread this is

More like "extremely obese dude being fed by slave girls, who announced a town-wide orgy as our characters were leaving."

Wheat Loaf
Feb 13, 2012

by FactsAreUseless

chitoryu12 posted:

More like "extremely obese dude being fed by slave girls, who announced a town-wide orgy as our characters were leaving."

I've never played D&D myself, so I feel I must ask, do people who do this sort of thing - try to insert their own fetishes and so on into the game - just assume that everyone else will be into it?

fullroundaction
Apr 20, 2007

Drink beer every day

Wheat Loaf posted:

I've never played D&D myself, so I feel I must ask, do people who do this sort of thing - try to insert their own fetishes and so on into the game - just assume that everyone else will be into it?

I've been playing off and on for about 20 years and I've never met a player who had what anyone would consider a healthy attitude towards sex or relationships (male or female).

Master Twig
Oct 25, 2007

I want to branch out and I'm going to stick with it.
My current group consists of a happily married couple, and three other guys who are in happy, healthy marriages and are all well adjusted adults.

poo poo, that means I'm the weird one.

SulfurMonoxideCute
Feb 9, 2008

🐵❌💀

Bees on Wheat posted:

Both guys motioned for hugs when told that both my coworkers weren't interested in a relationship. Both had one date, guy #1 sat on the same side of the booth at the restaurant, on the outside, and kept putting his arm around her shoulders. First date. My husband and I don't even sit on the same side unless we're with other people. Guy #2 wanted to cook dinner for his date, which was hot dogs at his parent's house.

I have my own stories too, because being in a relationship for years isn't enough for some dudes.

We'll start with Canyonlands Kevin (not his real name). Kevin was a decent dude, both my husband and I were friends with him. Early in our 20s we needed a roommate, so he was the ideal choice. Now, he wasn't brutally smelly, but it became apparent he never showered pretty quickly. We're nice to a fault and tolerated, trying to passively drop hints like "let's all go to a movie, but we both need to shower first." It never worked. After a few months, a growing horror appeared in the bathroom. He owned a bar of soap. It was in the soapdish on the shower wall, ours were in plastic ones in the corner. Small channels started to erode in the bar of soap until deep canyons formed along all edges. Because he never touched it. All our showers eroded canyons into his soap.

But as we were too nice to do anything, we tolerated it. He didn't smell awful, so he was still a decent roommate. Until one night. We were all having drinks at home, and my husband went to pee. Kevin asked for a hug because he appreciated me as a friend and thought I was cool. I thought sure, why not, and went for a light friend hug. He latched on, wouldn't let me go, and whispered in my ear that he was better for me and I should dump my boyfriend for him and he's been in love with me since we met.

He was out by the end of the month.

Similar situation to Canyonlands Kevin was Psycho Sam. He was my husband's coworker. I sometimes showed up at my husband's work because it was easy to get to and I just like him a lot and would bring him snacks. Psycho Sam seemed to think I was prime wife material so he started telling others that he wished I would break up with my husband, but the easiest way would be if he would just die. The coworkers obviously told my husband about this because it's horrible. So then I found out. I avoided being near him when I stopped by.

Then one day I was waiting at the bus stop outside my work to go home. A car pulls up and it's Psycho Sam. He relentlessly tried to get me into his car. I relentlessly refused. Never trust anyone who wishes the person you love was dead. So eventually he gives up moves on, and immediately a motorcycle pulls up and asks if I'm okay. I said yeah, it's fine, I know the guy and the biker says "Okay because there's been a guy driving around trying to get girls in his car and the cops are looking for him".

WELL THEN. It would not surprise me in the least if this guy was a rapist. He probably thought he hit the jackpot when he saw me, assumed I would automatically trust him since I knew him. Fortunately my husband got a better job not long after and Psycho Sam was out of our lives forever.

La Brea Carpet
Nov 22, 2007

I have no mouth and I must post

Wheat Loaf posted:

Whizzard

https://imgur.com/gallery/DAFhGmd

SUPERMAN'S GAL PAL
Feb 21, 2006

Holy Moly! DARKSEID IS!

:stonk: what’s extra-upsetting about these stories is I’ve read them before. No, not these specific stories because I don’t believe they’ve been shared here before, but I’ve read about people using D&D to have one character rape another, and of delusional people who thought they were in a non-Biblical, supernatural struggle on the cusp of the End of the World.

What’s gross is how it feels as if these young men - and let’s admit it, it’s almost always men between 18-30 or so in these stories - are either leaning into their possible mental issues knowing they’ll get a pass on the bad behavior and/or they had some lousy/absent parents, too permissive, in denial of their kid’s issues, or both. I’m autistic. I was always incredibly socially awkward and will spend my life having difficulty navigating that, but I NEVER used any relationship as a gateway to sexual assault. Autism makes it tough to judge social cues, toxic masculinity is what makes these guys push boundaries without remorse.

Years ago we had a whole thread full of stories like these, maybe have even budded off an AUG thread.

twistedmentat
Nov 21, 2003

Its my party
and I'll die if
I want to
The closest I got was not to long ago this fellow, who was maybe homeless or at least had mental problems had been coming into the store. Okay cool, he acted weird, but bought stuff and while he wandered around the store for a while but didn't bother anyone. He also had a very good boy with him. BUt about a month a go he came in and as many of my staff are younger women, he took an interest in one of them. One of those tiny blond women you see all the time. He stands next to her cash and is rambling, not really sure if he's talking to her or just creepily hovering near her, but periodically he would address her. I see his dog is in the store, while being very good, its a grocery store so you can't have dogs in the store, so I ask him to take the dog outside, I thought that would get rid of him, but nope, after putting the dog outside, he came back in. But in the time between him going outside and coming back in, the other woman working send the target of this guys affections on a break until he leaves.

The guy wanders around the store for a bit and here's where it takes a giant scary left turn. He comes up to me and asks "Hey were'd the other girl go?" and I tell him she's on her break and then he replies "Okay I just want to say hi to her, when does she get back? or when does she get off work". The bolded part set off every warning sign I have. That's like #1 red flag in the young woman working retail book about how not to be assaulted; never tell an aggressive guy when you're off. I go from customer service humoring mode to full on Manager get the gently caress out of my store mode. I tell him he's being creepy and harassing her, I tell him to get out of the store or I'll call the cops. Hes all "i'm just trying to be nice! No one lets people be nice these days" which is basically what every overly aggressive guy who gets called out for his poo poo says. The other woman working with me breaks in and starts telling him this stuff while I dial 9/11, he didn't leave until I was talking to them.

The young woman came back up after that and I told her to make sure her mom was going to pick her up. The guy in grocery then told me he had to run that guy off because he was trying to climb over the fence to the receiving area. Like drat dude, wtf?

BiggerBoat
Sep 26, 2007

Don't you tell me my business again.

Wheat Loaf posted:

quote:

Most of my friend group were pretty good people, they knew how to bathe, generally knew about personal space and boundaries, and outside of the crippling social anxiety that would lead to the next year of bullshit, we were all pretty much okay.

Notice how low the bar is set here? the biggest obstacle to having fun with D&D is getting a semi normal group of people together. Most of the stereotypes are real (body odor, poor hygiene, sexual and social immaturity) but it's a fun time if you can get the right people. there's a whole thread of (mostly) terrible gaming experiences here:

https://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=3460258

Anil Dikshit
Apr 11, 2007

twistedmentat posted:

while I dial 9/11,

Did you warn them about the hijackings?

La Brea Carpet
Nov 22, 2007

I have no mouth and I must post

The Sexual Shiite posted:

Did you warn them about the hijackings?

They forgot.

Carl Killer Miller
Apr 28, 2007

This is the way that it all falls.
This is how I feel,
This is what I need:

StrangersInTheNight posted:

Yes, and in a roundabout way I'm calling those sorts lazy, because they became doctors for the paycheck without realizing how much of an involved, difficult and constantly high-stress job it is, a career such that they'd be seeing some of the best and worst of humanity, and then dared to complain that they, UGH, need to, BLUGH, HELP PEOPLE. Then they poo poo on the people they are supposed to help, for daring to need help. gently caress those guys.

Many do actually care about being doctors though. Good eggs.

If it helps, the doctors who are only in it for the money are a significant minority. it's really hard to get through med school and residency if your only driver is cash.

Content:

SulfurMonoxideCute
Feb 9, 2008

🐵❌💀

coronatae
Oct 14, 2012

Standing up to the Witch of the Waste...that’s plucky

ToxicSlurpee
Nov 5, 2003

-=SEND HELP=-

Pillbug

BiggerBoat posted:

Notice how low the bar is set here? the biggest obstacle to having fun with D&D is getting a semi normal group of people together. Most of the stereotypes are real (body odor, poor hygiene, sexual and social immaturity) but it's a fun time if you can get the right people. there's a whole thread of (mostly) terrible gaming experiences here:

https://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=3460258

You know, I've been a pretty big gamer for as long as I can remember, and it is genuinely baffling how many people in the game world can't even be bothered to put any effort at all to even approach that hurdle. It makes me legitimately happy that my sense of smell doesn't work right. I can't imagine the horrible smells I've been spared.

Crab Dad
Dec 28, 2002

behold i have tempered and refined thee, but not as silver; as CRAB

ToxicSlurpee posted:

You know, I've been a pretty big gamer for as long as I can remember, and it is genuinely baffling how many people in the game world can't even be bothered to put any effort at all to even approach that hurdle. It makes me legitimately happy that my sense of smell doesn't work right. I can't imagine the horrible smells I've been spared.

We’ve been meaning to talk to you about that....

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Pasketti
Nov 8, 2017

lick lick lick

Ok I'm hoping that's not real because he says He's 26, Jane is 19, and she's lived with him for 3 years :gonk:

The rest of it is messed up enough without him being in a relationship like that with a girl starting at the age of 16