Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Pinwiz11
Jan 26, 2009

I'm becom-, I'm becom-,
I'm becoming
Tana in, Tana in my mind.

While I agree that the lighting isn't helping, the first half hour and the main event felt like old LU. Due to the band change, I'd assume this is from the next set of tapings so the show has had time to settle in.

Please keep improving, LU.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Nehru the Damaja
May 20, 2005

I hope Guevera isn't on the shelf. He was fun. Swagger just looks like some thousand yard stare Frankenstein.

Charles Gnarwin
Jul 31, 2014

I joined the #RXT REVOLUTION.
:boom:
he knows...

That main event was finally a match that felt like the LU we all knew and loved. Desmond X is such a great addition to the roster. The sound people need to cool it on the kick smacks though. It's comical how identical they all are now, even for the weakest looking strikes.

Gavok
Oct 10, 2005

Brock! Oh, man, I'm sorry about your...

...tooth?

...Maybe snake monster heads grow back? :ohdear:

LupusAter
Sep 5, 2011

Gavok posted:

...Maybe snake monster heads grow back? :ohdear:

I certainly hope so. Maybe Vibora comes back to add on some more layers of supernatural weirdness to the Reptile Tribe, LU loses because Johnny and Taya get shook, feud goes on until Ultima Lucha and possibly forever because this turf war between sneks and douchebags is weirdly compelling.

frankenfreak
Feb 16, 2007

I SCORED 85% ON A QUIZ ABOUT MONDAY NIGHT RAW AND ALL I GOT WAS THIS LOUSY TEXT

#bastionboogerbrigade
I appreciate Johnny not taking half measures and going for the whole Indiana Mundo outfit.

Chinston Wurchill
Jun 27, 2010

It's not that kind of test.

frankenfreak posted:

I appreciate Johnny not taking half measures and going for the whole Indiana Mundo outfit.

It's an absolute shame that they didn't use the "I hate snakes" line. Unless I missed it as I wasn't paying 100% attention.

Nehru the Damaja
May 20, 2005

Is Jack Evans officially written off then? I hope not but I figure he's walking the same path as Angelico.

frankenfreak
Feb 16, 2007

#bastionboogerbrigade

Chinston Wurchill posted:

It's an absolute shame that they didn't use the "I hate snakes" line. Unless I missed it as I wasn't paying 100% attention.
Pretty sure he said it right before they went down the rabbit snake hole.

Charles Gnarwin
Jul 31, 2014

I joined the #RXT REVOLUTION.
:boom:
he knows...

That's the second literal murder this season and both from very surprising sources.

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

Would you be my new best friends?

Is Dario back yet?

Xerzes
May 16, 2012

Is that the second time he's died on this show, or third?

Hell yes more XO Lishus

Xerzes fucked around with this message at 01:12 on Aug 9, 2018

Pinche Rudo
Feb 8, 2005

XO Lishus is the best. He's the best thing about this season of LU by far

Xerzes
May 16, 2012

Aw, dammit, they brought back Sami.

e: That was adorable.

Xerzes fucked around with this message at 02:05 on Aug 9, 2018

Chinston Wurchill
Jun 27, 2010

It's not that kind of test.

Xerzes posted:

Aw, dammit, they brought back Sami.

e: That was adorable.

Yeah, it was cheesy as heck and I loved it.

frankenfreak
Feb 16, 2007

#bastionboogerbrigade

Xerzes posted:

Is that the second time he's died on this show, or third?
Second. At least I think. He was not one of the Disciples of Death.

quote:

Hell yes more XO Lishus
:yeah: EVERYTHING IS EVIL IVELICIOUS!

Johnny really needs to work on his Macho Man impression, though.

Overall a very fun episode and the first of this season that felt "right".

Nehru the Damaja
May 20, 2005

I was wondering why they had been angling the Douchebag Crew to be face-like lately and I guess that's our answer. That was so cool! (And also hilarious that Johnny is such a loving wrestler that he had to reference Macho even then.)

frankenfreak
Feb 16, 2007

#bastionboogerbrigade
As good as I thought last week's episode was, this one seemed not as strong, but it had a great ending. :allears:

"Trick or Treat, motherf-"

LupusAter
Sep 5, 2011

frankenfreak posted:

As good as I thought last week's episode was, this one seemed not as strong, but it had a great ending. :allears:

"Trick or Treat, motherf-"

I want to know how many takes were needed to get through that scene without anybody bursting into laughter.

Animal-Mother
Feb 14, 2012

RABBIT RABBIT
RABBIT RABBIT
A Haunted House match.... in August?

Xerzes
May 16, 2012

That was a knife.

Maxwell Lord
Dec 12, 2008

I am drowning.
There is no sign of land.
You are coming down with me, hand in unlovable hand.

And I hope you die.

I hope we both die.

:smith:

Grimey Drawer

Animal-Mother posted:

I do get the feeling maybe they wanted this to air in October.

Hey, Drago brought nunchuks!

frankenfreak
Feb 16, 2007

#bastionboogerbrigade

LupusAter
Sep 5, 2011

Animal-Mother posted:

Look man, do you want to be the one who goes and tells Mil Muertes that his choice of deathmatch isn't seasonally appropriate?

Nehru the Damaja
May 20, 2005

So uh... does LU have bad blood with Ricochet? I thought the way they put Puma over on the way out, everything was cool but now it seems like serious sour grapes.

sticklefifer
Nov 11, 2003

by VideoGames
I actually really like this season. They've ramped up the cinematic campiness like crazy, it feels like they've got some production budget, all the belts have compelling angles, and the stable feuds are fun as hell. Sure, seasons 1-3 had a different feel, but this feels like they're evolving and finding their momentum as both a promotion and a corny-rear end weirdo TV show instead of retaining status quo.

Also I love that Big Ryck's death in the comics was canon, and that Mil really did harvest his skull.

sticklefifer fucked around with this message at 10:21 on Aug 24, 2018

Pinche Rudo
Feb 8, 2005

The Last Man or Machine Standing match was good. It took an avalanche canadian destroyer, package piledriver through chairs, two broken arms and a curb stomp through a cinderblock to keep the machine down. Which sounds about right

Takuan
May 6, 2007

Nehru the Damaja posted:

So uh... does LU have bad blood with Ricochet? I thought the way they put Puma over on the way out, everything was cool but now it seems like serious sour grapes.

It's because they filmed his last show over a year before it aired, and during that time they stopped him from appearing on other US TV shows, like New Japan's US Special, and WWE.

Nehru the Damaja
May 20, 2005

Takuan posted:

It's because they filmed his last show over a year before it aired, and during that time they stopped him from appearing on other US TV shows, like New Japan's US Special, and WWE.

No I mean I get why he'd be pissed but I hadn't heard anything about any reason for them to be mad at him in return.

Gavok
Oct 10, 2005

Brock! Oh, man, I'm sorry about your...

...tooth?

Beautiful Brenda is the ace of Lucha Underground.

Pinche Rudo
Feb 8, 2005

Gavok posted:

XO Lishus is the ace of Lucha Underground.

Fixed that for you friend :)

sticklefifer
Nov 11, 2003

by VideoGames
Nice to see an MNM (minus an M) reunion.

frankenfreak
Feb 16, 2007

#bastionboogerbrigade

Gavok posted:

Beautiful Brenda is the ace of Lucha Underground.
She was the cherry on top of this silly, beautiful wedding cake.

Nehru the Damaja
May 20, 2005

I love that everyone in LU is so goddamned evil that the biggest douchebags on the planet are loveable scamp faces now.

We Got Us A Bread
Jul 23, 2007

I'm just waiting for Aerostar to go back in time, grab Dario before he dies, and bring him to the present so we can have Papa Cueto vs. Dario.

Xerzes
May 16, 2012

So that was a lot of things that just happened.

Uh, hell yes dark fenix?

Writer Cath
Apr 1, 2007

Box. Flipped.
Plaster Town Cop

Xerzes posted:

So that was a lot of things that just happened.

Uh, hell yes dark fenix?

:rolleyes: How the hell is Antonio going to pay the bill when he extinguishes an entire solar system?

Pinche Rudo
Feb 8, 2005

Writer Cath posted:

:rolleyes: How the hell is Antonio going to pay the bill when he extinguishes an entire solar system?

Send Matanza after the collection agency

Ghidzilla
May 12, 2009
Anyone else notice it looked like the fans refusing to move screwed up something in that main event?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

The Lore Bear
Jan 21, 2014

I don't know what to put here. Guys? GUYS?!

Martinpale posted:

I'm just waiting for Aerostar to go back in time, grab Dario before he dies, and bring him to the present so we can have Papa Cueto vs. Dario.

gently caress it, crisis of infinite darios (at least one daluigi)