Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Fart Car '97
Jul 23, 2003

underage at the vape shop posted:

should have checked the thread before making such horrible life choices

apparently i can either remove the game from my steam account permanently and then buy the standard version which sounds dodgy as, or just buy credits.

You'll spend a ton more on credits than you will just re-buying the game.

You hosed up. The Starter Edition is a scam. Best to just fix it now :shrug:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Cup Runneth Over
Aug 8, 2009

She said life's
Too short to worry
Life's too long to wait
It's too short
Not to love everybody
Life's too long to hate

underage at the vape shop posted:

should have checked the thread before making such horrible life choices

apparently i can either remove the game from my steam account permanently and then buy the standard version which sounds dodgy as, or just buy credits.

Just remove it and rebuy. It's not dodgy. You're giving them more money.

underage at the vape shop
May 11, 2011

by Cyrano4747
Turns out you can just buy it on uplay and it just figures itself out.

Taintrunner
Apr 10, 2017

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Ah gently caress I fell into a hole of I can't stop playing this game. And then I went and bought a booster to try and get from 17 to 20 before the end of the month so I can play ranked. What happened to my life?

Guillermus
Dec 28, 2009

Taintrunner posted:

Ah gently caress I fell into a hole of I can't stop playing this game. And then I went and bought a booster to try and get from 17 to 20 before the end of the month so I can play ranked. What happened to my life?

Now get impregnated by all the R6S memes and play with goons.

JHVH-1
Jun 28, 2002
They are doing twitch charm drops again this weekend for all those fellow charm-likers out there https://www.twitch.tv/rainbow6

Fart Car '97
Jul 23, 2003

Confirmed Maverick's blwotorch is free form and allows you to draw dicks in walls

willie_dee
Jun 21, 2010
I obtain sexual gratification from observing people being inflicted with violent head injuries
Should I purchase this? The only game I have enjoyed since I quit DOTA 2 years ago was PUBG, but I have heard good things about this.

Lemon-Lime
Aug 6, 2009

willie_dee posted:

Should I purchase this? The only game I have enjoyed since I quit DOTA 2 years ago was PUBG, but I have heard good things about this.

Do you enjoy the beginner MOBA experience of being relentlessly dunked on by everyone because they had 200 hours more game time than you did, and so they knew every possible angle of approach and item combination and could reasonably predict where your team would be and what they'd be doing while you flailed around in the dark like an idiot, wondering why little numbers popped up of those cute AI monsters?

If so, you'll definitely enjoy the first 50-80 hours of your time spent playing Siege.

The Shame Boy
Jan 27, 2014

Dead weight, just like this post.

You'd think with a free weekend happening that more people would join the game before this 2v5 happened. But i guess not

https://1drv.ms/v/s!AtMYzqyMe4b6gVPH2VYJ9VXtay1d

We won the second round as well

Guillermus
Dec 28, 2009

Free weekend on PS4 being fun as hell with people doing weird poo poo instead of planting:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=n1RM5Uf2DII

littleorv
Jan 29, 2011

After 300+ hours with the game the moments where you get absolutely owned by a noob doing weird poo poo is magical.

Lots of "Who the gently caress even does that?" moments

Taintrunner
Apr 10, 2017

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
I stumbled upon a dude coming up stairs as IQ with my gadget detector out and before I could sprint away and not get killed I had the luckiest one shot headshot of my life, holy hell. I feel like I’m only good at this game after I’ve had a few drinks.

Orv
May 4, 2011

littleorv posted:

After 300+ hours with the game the moments where you get absolutely owned by a noob doing weird poo poo is magical.

Lots of "Who the gently caress even does that?" moments

These are simultaneously my favorite and least favorite deaths. Dying to some idiotic angle I'd never use because who'd ever be there, getting wall banged because of some neat use of an op gadget I'd never considered, stuff like that. "That's loving bullshit!" followed immediately by "Hmm..."

I now almost exclusively play Ying in a way I once saw that is really idiotic on the face of it because of a death like that. Flash the room with your pistol out, use the speed to run in and lie next to the person as they sit in cover, make sure you know where everyone is and then clean up as many as you can. It works way more often than it should, especially on rooms like Day Care on Theme Park or Cigar Lounge on Cafe D where there's lots of visual cover.

Lemon-Lime
Aug 6, 2009
I sometimes play casuals with a mixed skill group that contains a couple of dudes who spend all their time playing high plat/diamond ranked as well as some total newbies, and the number of times I hear the high ranked players swearing because someone just did a completely stupid runout that no one at their rank would normally do is pretty funny.

DumbWhiteGuy
Jul 4, 2007

You need haters. Fellas if you got 20 haters, you need 40 of them motherfuckers. If there's any haters in here that don't have nobody to hate on, feel free to hate on me

willie_dee posted:

it's a good game willie, i bought it a few months ago and im still loving it. it's like CS but way better

willie_dee
Jun 21, 2010
I obtain sexual gratification from observing people being inflicted with violent head injuries

DumbWhiteGuy posted:

it's a good game willie, i bought it a few months ago and im still loving it. it's like CS but way better

Cool. The standard edition is only £12 this weekend, so I'll pick it up.

Nebiros
Apr 25, 2013

The scarf is nice.
Edit: don't phone post.

Guillermus
Dec 28, 2009

So thread, I'll stop being cheap and buy some R6 bucks to get operators.

The 19.99€ gives 2400+270 (2400 for a year 1 or 2 and 270 for nothing else). The 34.99 gives 4920 total (4800 for both Y1 and 2 with 120 for nothing), looks like that one is the best value. Then I'll use my renown (currently 26k) to purchase Maestro from Y3 (neither finka, Lion or Alibi are up my alley).

Any thoughts?

tjones
May 13, 2005
Nevermind. Thought I queued ranked but I guess R6 decided I needed to play casual.

Lol. This game is so broken I can't believe people try to earn a living playing this game for sport. MP is still beta.

tjones fucked around with this message at 11:36 on Aug 19, 2018

Condoleezza Nice!
Jan 4, 2010

Lite som Robin Hood
fast inte
So I just bought this, and I have a question. Are Operators supposed to cost 22500 Renown? That seems excessive considering I bought the Gold Edition.
Game's real fun tho.

jyrque
Sep 4, 2011

Gravy Boat 2k
New, additional ops cost 25000 but you get a -10% discount if you own the year pass.

Condoleezza Nice!
Jan 4, 2010

Lite som Robin Hood
fast inte
Ah okay. So they increased the cost of operators back when they made everything else free, then? That makes sense.

jyrque
Sep 4, 2011

Gravy Boat 2k
No, the dlc ops have always been 25k. They really want to incentivize buying year passes which grants you all ops from that year with some bonus stuff like a +3% renown boost.

Deltasquid
Apr 10, 2013

awww...
you guys made me ink!

THUNDERDOME

Condoleezza Nice! posted:

Ah okay. So they increased the cost of operators back when they made everything else free, then? That makes sense.

Lolno, I used to grind out most renown over the course of the season to buy the next two ops as soon as they were available. They really, really just want you to buy them in the packs and get the season pass.

Krogort
Oct 27, 2013
Preview of the new operators and map (show gameplay)
https://streamable.com/rsiwt

Lemon-Lime
Aug 6, 2009
Hereford has a lot of changes - basement now has a covered tunnel to access it from the outside, the ground floor stairs have moved closer to the entrance to shorten sight lines (the extra space is made up by having a connector corridor behind the stairs that connects the east and west sides of the ground floor). Lots of changes to the sites, too many for me to really break down from just the stream.

Clash is 1 speed/3 armour, has a full-sized (think Montagne deployed) shield, with her gadget being a taser that does a bit of damage and slows enemies it hits. It has a rechargeable meter, and is not destroyable, but it can be knocked away for a long-ish time by melee attacks or conc nades. She can't shoot with the shield in hand (has to holster it). Her secondaries are a machine pistol and a 9mm pistol. Her gadgets are impact grenades and barbed wire.

Maverick is 3 speed/1 armour, has an M4 assault rifle and an AR-15 DMR, with claymore and smokes, and a semi-auto pistol secondary. He can't replace Thermite - his gadget has to spend all its ammo just to make a crouchable hole in a single reinforcement, or to break a single reinforced trapdoor. Instead, his blowtorch can make murderholes in any reinforced surface, and it cannot be countered by batteries or jammers (which lol, just broke 90% of the bomb sites in the game). He seems like the new obnoxious rusher character.

If you don't select an op in time, you get a random op.

Consulate is getting a new (fourth) split bombsite in visa tellers/server.

Hibana can no longer breach hatches with a single pellet - you need all six to go off for it to break. :rip: hot dropping into the site.

Frost elite revealed, she's wearing a fur coat and no hat, her victory screen involves her crouching by a fire then standing up.

Herefored rework and Consulate changes are up on TTS tomorrow.

Lemon-Lime fucked around with this message at 16:10 on Aug 19, 2018

littleorv
Jan 29, 2011

As a former frost main I'm obligated to get the elite skin

Lemon-Lime
Aug 6, 2009

littleorv posted:

As a former frost main I'm obligated to get the elite skin

It looks pretty great, though it's definitely way more subdued than say, dancing 80s IQ.

e; vv good point, I forgot to put that in. Added to the post.

Lemon-Lime fucked around with this message at 15:46 on Aug 19, 2018

jyrque
Sep 4, 2011

Gravy Boat 2k

Lemon-Lime posted:

Clash is 1 speed/3 armour, has a full-sized (think Montagne deployed) shield, with her gadget being a taser that does a bit of damage and slows enemies it hits. It has a rechargeable meter, and is not destroyable. She can't shoot with the shield in hand (has to holster it). Her secondaries are a machine pistol and a regular pistol. Her gadgets are impact grenades and barbed wire.

To add: the shield can be knocked out of the way if you melee it. Impact grenades also do this. It's not like Monty's shield which is an impenetrable fortress and therefore Clash must keep her distance from rushing enemies. The tazer does damage and slow the enemy down but if she's alone I don't think there's a lot she can do with her shield against a single full health enemy in a 1v1 situation.

Maverick seems like fun but definitely will take a long time to get used to as a defender when attackers are able to create peeky holes to objective pretty easily.

Captainicus
Feb 22, 2013

Also worth noting, despite clash having a machine pistol, the description said it was locked on 2 shot burst mode (and it only has 15 ammo) so you won't actually have a real automatic weapon and shield, it'll still be very close to what we already have.

Tokubetsu
Dec 18, 2007

Love Is Not Enough
Do the operator packs ever go on sale? I've been spending so much time on the game and unlocked a couple operators from y1 and 2 already but I think i might just say gently caress it and buy the rest of them.

Great Beer
Jul 5, 2004

The most recent operator sale I can find is from 2016. If your time is more valuable than your money, just buy them.

ZenVulgarity
Oct 9, 2012

I made the hat by transforming my zen

I'm thinking of just buying the complete edition for sixty bucks

Lemon-Lime
Aug 6, 2009

ZenVulgarity posted:

If you want access to all the operators that are out until now and don't have infinite time, this is definitely the way to go.

Thief
Jan 28, 2011

:420::420::420::420::420::420::420::420::420::420::420:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ADMnzTKq42k

ZenVulgarity posted:

a thing to keep in mind is that dlc operators are awesome and fun but totally optional. you don't actually need everyone unlocked to be viable or competitive in this game. there are plenty of people at diamond rank that just main top tier vanilla operators (ash/jager/thermite/thatcher - rook/doc/bandit/smoke etc)

i also know a dozen people that have unlocked things just as they went through casual play and have all the ones they were really interested in so are now just collecting the ones they haven't tried yet and/or don't even really care about

BUT, one of the most fun things in this game is just picking random operators and seeing what you can do with them. the more to chose from the merrier. and if you plan on playing this game regularly its worth it in the long run. i started out with the base version of the game and never thought i'd spend another cent on it but it turned out to be so fun i have incrementally bought the season passes as they've been released and haven't regretted it because i now have a cute outfit for every cyber-barbie in the game since i haven't had to spend renown on unlocking anyone

Tokubetsu
Dec 18, 2007

Love Is Not Enough
never dared to play bandit with a suppressor before =O

TheKingslayer
Sep 3, 2008

Is there a link to the goon discord for Siege?

ZenVulgarity
Oct 9, 2012

I made the hat by transforming my zen

Lemon-Lime posted:

If you want access to all the operators that are out until now and don't have infinite time, this is definitely the way to go.

I'd have like an hour or two to play a week but what I've played I've liked so yeah this seems good

Plus I like variety

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Toshokan
Apr 11, 2008

TO THE POSTER THAT DARES
TO DEBATE THIS WARM GALE
BEWARE OF FOUL WEATHER
TOWARD MADNESS, SET SAIL

Toshokan posted:

So that means that anyone who would use…a folding stock on an AK, piston AR, or any other gun…is a Nazi?
If anyone is interested, the standard edition is available for digital download on Amazon $16, the same price as the current sale through uplay.