Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
oddium
Feb 21, 2006

end of the 4.5 tatami age

Cowslips Warren posted:

The gently caress is that thing.

he makes sad boy robot noises

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2w0YsaXJG-g

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

DEEP STATE PLOT
Aug 13, 2008

Yes...Ha ha ha...YES!

Crosspeice posted:

Oh yeah, they'll all probably get a month to themselves.

Ready for a month of Phione? Or Heatran? Or Uxie? Or each Rotom form? Or each Arceus forms? Wanna walk 50km to hatch Manaphy?

Oh yeah, if you're not a fan of the month for each of a trio, wait until Gen 5, where there's THREE trios. Actually, one's a quartet...

at least two of the three gen 5 trios/quartets are actually neat. gen 4's legendaries are the nadir of pokemon legendaries, especially the overdesigned monstrosity that is giratina.

oddium
Feb 21, 2006

i am ready for a month of each rotom for the record

DEEP STATE PLOT
Aug 13, 2008

Yes...Ha ha ha...YES!

yeah rotom owns, and darkrai is pretty rad too. the other range from mediocre to 'why the gently caress is this even a thing'.

OMGzKakaniz
Mar 13, 2007

up-and coming pokemon trainer

:love: Justice
Added some folks from the spreadsheet. I play a lot and need all of your gifts

Mustached Demon
Nov 12, 2016

Giratina on Halloween fuckers.

Beachcomber
May 21, 2007

Another day in paradise.

Slippery Tilde
Isn't giratina a ghost dragon? That's extremely necessary.

Its dialga and palkia that suck

Untrustable
Mar 17, 2009

Beachcomber posted:

Isn't giratina a ghost dragon? That's extremely necessary.

Its dialga and palkia that suck

I read somewhere that Palkia was the best attacker in all the Pokemon games though. I don't know Pokemon that well yet so maybe I was misinformed.

Beachcomber
May 21, 2007

Another day in paradise.

Slippery Tilde
Just look at this moron:

The world sure needed another water-dragon. Doesn't even look watery.

Wheany
Mar 17, 2006

Spinyahahahahahahahahahahahaha!

Doctor Rope

Beachcomber posted:

Just look at this moron:

Is its special move "no, gently caress you dad"

Untrustable
Mar 17, 2009

Beachcomber posted:

Just look at this moron:

It looks like it's trying to bust off a poo poo in a parking lot.

Valicious
Aug 16, 2010
Added my name to the list. I just started playing late-last month. I play every day though, and I could really use your gifts.

Ballz
Dec 16, 2003

it's mario time

Untrustable posted:

Yoooooooooo what the gently caress? I googled it and at least it's not in the current Pokemon Go generation.

Just wait, it’ll be the first gen 4 Pokemon they roll out next month.

Black Feather
Apr 14, 2012

Call someone who cares.
I still don't understand why they didn't introduce gen 4 by adding Leafeon and Glaceon during last the community day.

ubergnu
Jun 7, 2002

Failed gothic
New special research tomorrow! I like those, though they could be more frequent.

Valicious
Aug 16, 2010
Are either of the incubators in the store worth buying?

Butterfly Valley
Apr 19, 2007

I am a spectacularly bad poster and everyone in the Schadenfreude thread hates my guts.
I’m lucky in that my local Discord uses a really good bot for raid organisation. You input the location, time and whatever pokemon it is and it spits out a raid chart where other users can click if they’re attending or not, and with how many accounts. If they think they’re running late and they want to ask the raid to be delayed there’s an option to click a +10 minute symbol, which the person who organises the raid can also click so everyone knows exactly when it’ll be starting. It’s made things a lot easier than before.

Teeter
Jul 21, 2005

Hey guys! I'm having a good time, what about you?

Valicious posted:

No, wait for the special sale boxes that pop up in the shop along with the various events. They'll have bundles of incubators available for like 50% off, packaged with extra items like star pieces and raid passes.

If you do a lot of gym battling then just save up daily coins and you should have enough to pick up a special box whenever they show up.

E: the most recent box I got had 10 super incubators, 10 raid passes, 12 lucky eggs, and 12 star pieces for just under 1500 coins. I usually use a mixture of gym winnings and Google opinion rewards to buy the special boxes.

Teeter fucked around with this message at 12:56 on Aug 19, 2018

Wheany
Mar 17, 2006

Doctor Rope

Valicious posted:

Not really. You get 3 uses per incubator.

Wheany
Mar 17, 2006

Doctor Rope
My pogo just updated and they've changed the materials/rendeing on the pokemon somehow

oddium
Feb 21, 2006

Beachcomber posted:

Just look at this moron:

hmmm actually it whips op

Wheany
Mar 17, 2006

Doctor Rope

Wheany posted:

My pogo just updated and they've changed the materials/rendeing on the pokemon somehow

This is what jigglypuff used to look like:

this is what it looks like after the update:

The shadows are stronger or something

PathAsc
Nov 15, 2011

Hail SS-18 Satan may he cleanse us with nuclear fire

PISS TAPE IS REAL

Well now I have to go through all my mons and see how they look

LumpyGumby
Feb 22, 2012

"Here's the world famous hockey player sitting in the penalty box for slashing..."
-Snoopy Brown
42g - 65a - 107pts
106gp - 317PIMS
They also added every shiny to the games data. They're not out yet, but they're there.

Plus apparently we're getting a shiny Wingull at some point maybe near the end of the month.

Beastyfella
Mar 5, 2008

I have lost all powers of reading comprehension and counting ability hours ago
Part of the raid numbers problem is that a fair amount of people still try to plan raids by player level like, when it means almost nothing. Xp is really easy to get now, but unless you have good counters at lv 30+, you'll miss beating the boss and struggle a lot.

A group had 5 or 6 people doing regirock last week, and failed twice. I was nearby and saw the discord post and was able to stop in with our 3 accounts. 2 of them had full groups machamp and we beat it with nearly half the raid time left.

Wheany
Mar 17, 2006

Doctor Rope
I think the vast majority of people don't care enough to figure out the type system and only care about bigger number = better than.

And some of the people who do still just go with the recommended team because who the gently caress cares enough with a f2p mobile game.

Tbf, usually it doesn't seem to matter. Nobody is going to try to win a legendary raid with 3 people. When a large enough group appears to a raid, you can just join with the team of 6 aggrons and lugias the game recommends to you and you will not do any harm, since thankfully the raids don't scale up with the number of raiders.

Big McHuge
Feb 5, 2014

You wait for the war to happen like vultures.
If you want to help, prevent the war.
Don't save the remnants.

Save them all.

Wheany posted:

And some of the people who do still just go with the recommended team because who the gently caress cares enough with a f2p mobile game.

This is me every raid.

Ziddar
Jul 24, 2003

Time Travel: Not Even Once

okay maybe a few times

Big McHuge posted:

This is me every raid.

I reckon any Aggron you have gets a lot of use. :v:

The recommended team system is wonky because it favors defensive matchups very heavily. On one hand, it can often be a warning as to what moves the raid boss has, as it will try its damnedest to avoid being weak to the boss's attacks. On the other hand, it will pretty much suggest Aggron for any fight it won't take extra damage from. Having 8(9) resistances and one of the best defense stats in Go really throws the system for a loop.

Wheany
Mar 17, 2006

Doctor Rope

Ziddar posted:

I reckon any Aggron you have gets a lot of use. :v:

The recommended team system is wonky because it favors defensive matchups very heavily. On one hand, it can often be a warning as to what moves the raid boss has, as it will try its damnedest to avoid being weak to the boss's attacks. On the other hand, it will pretty much suggest Aggron for any fight it won't take extra damage from. Having 8(9) resistances and one of the best defense stats in Go really throws the system for a loop.

Several times when mopping up a gym where the first defender is a Gyarados, it has recommended my mud-slap/surf Rhydon as the first attacker which is really loving bad and gets the Rhydon curbstomped.

Mud slap is not very effective against Gyarados because it's flying. Gyarados's water attack do double super effective damage to Rhydon's ground/rock typing

Ballz
Dec 16, 2003

it's mario time

I was three for four on Regirock today, but it was no less interesting. I had 14 balls for one regi; I counted 8 of those landing as excellent curves, and he broke out of every one until the last ball that finally did the trick.

The one that ran away was similar: 7 excellent curves including 5 in a row and he popped out easily.

On the other hand, the other two I caught with only about three balls each and on garbage throws to boot. :v:

White Light
Dec 19, 2012

Oh! My gotcha wont register or connect to my game anymore. Did they update it so they dont work for android phones anymore?

Vegastar
Jan 2, 2005

Tigers will do anything for a tuna sandwich.

Parrotine posted:

Oh! My gotcha wont register or connect to my game anymore. Did they update it so they dont work for android phones anymore?

nah, mines still good on a pixel 2. Try rebooting the entire phone if you haven't already. Sometimes it gets stuck in a really weird way that only a reboot will solve, because android is loving good at bluetooth.

dwarf74
Sep 2, 2012

Buglord
I got two regirock.

I think that's enough.

Can't wait for these golems to be done already.

Ziddar
Jul 24, 2003

Time Travel: Not Even Once

okay maybe a few times

Wheany posted:

Several times when mopping up a gym where the first defender is a Gyarados, it has recommended my mud-slap/surf Rhydon as the first attacker which is really loving bad and gets the Rhydon curbstomped.

Mud slap is not very effective against Gyarados because it's flying. Gyarados's water attack do double super effective damage to Rhydon's ground/rock typing

The entire point is that it often has trouble making smart suggestions for a single target. Gym battles confuse it even more since it tries to look at the whole set of defenders and often falls apart at the seams, as seen in your example.

Crosspeice
Aug 9, 2013

Wheany posted:

But Rock is super effective against Flying! :downs:

DEEP STATE PLOT
Aug 13, 2008

Yes...Ha ha ha...YES!

dwarf74 posted:

I got two regirock.

I think that's enough.

Can't wait for these golems to be done already.

plot twist: regirock raids end, they introduce gen 4 with regigigas as the next 5 star raid

Black Feather
Apr 14, 2012

Call someone who cares.

Parrotine posted:

On my Galaxy S4 I need to clear the bluetooth cache every single time I want to play, otherwise it won't connect at all. Maybe try that out.

Wheany
Mar 17, 2006

Doctor Rope
Take that old kikkoman soy sauce flash animation, but instead of people wondering what condiment they should put on their food, it's people wondering what pokemon they should use against this gym defender and the answer is always "machamp"

Untrustable
Mar 17, 2009

Wheany posted:

Take that old kikkoman soy sauce flash animation, but instead of people wondering what condiment they should put on their food, it's people wondering what pokemon they should use against this gym defender and the answer is always "machamp"

Truth. My just over 2,000CP Machamp does work anywhere I take it.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Butterfly Valley
Apr 19, 2007

I am a spectacularly bad poster and everyone in the Schadenfreude thread hates my guts.
I'd quite like an option to choose whether the game prioritises defence or attack

• Locked thread