Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

fart blood
Sep 13, 2008

by VideoGames

DarkstarIV posted:

I still think my favorite part of Takeover last night was HBK pretty much telling the main roster to put up or shut up.

https://twitter.com/ShawnMichaels/status/1031002934824169475

(They'll completely fail to beat Takeover, like usual).

"Yeah main roster! Even though you're all beholden to a 72 year old lunatic with a gaggle of stooges, FOLLOW THAT!"

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

D.N. Nation
Feb 1, 2012

HBK should absolutely know there ain't nothing you can do when the booking sucks

is pepsi ok
Oct 23, 2002

I honestly think the tag titles should main event the next Takeover. Strong and O'Reilly have earned it.

edit: oh wait that's Wargames, ok the one after that.

is pepsi ok fucked around with this message at 20:58 on Aug 19, 2018

RealFoxy
May 11, 2011

I'm not making a fucking QCS thread for this but seriously can we take a harder stance on Kiwifarms freaks like this guy, Jesus Christ seriously, you used to be better at knocking these creeps down. I guess ADTRW mods aren't responsible like GBS mods are.
Even if the main roster COULD follow that, and I'm sure almost everyone on the roster really could, they're still stuck with as good of a match as management and road agents want them to have, and not just letting them try and outdo NXT like some kind of PWG show.

Dr. Ass
Apr 21, 2008

fart blood posted:

Understood.

But to clarify: my point is that it's easier to brush off a lame booking decision when a product has a track record of being consistently good to great.

NXT is consistently good to great, so a lame finish isn't a sign of a bad pattern. You can dislike it but the overall it's still good.

Main roster booking is truly terrible and consistently terrible, so whenever a bad finish happens, it's thrown on the pile. And whenever a good booking decision occurs, it's easy to brush off because we all know it was either on accident or not the sign of a good pattern.

The difference between main roster booking and NXT booking is that I trust NXT to make a weird/confusing/lame thing right. Smackdown was never going to make up for “Asuka keeps getting distracted by James Ellsworth and losing to a tomato can” because that show is written by Marine Todd and it was clear that they somehow had no interest in putting the title on Asuka.

Gargano continuing to suffer for his hubris makes sense, even if creative got put in a bind with the Black injury. I fully believe he would’ve cost himself AND Black the title in similar fashion if the match had gone on as originally booked. The same guy who handed his bitter enemy the title a few weeks ago and then followed it up by squealing about how “you’re only the champion because of me” wasn’t suddenly going to snap out of it in a fuckin LMS match and go “oh right, I forgot I’m the hero of all things good” and win valiantly. He was going to gently caress himself again and suffer even more for it.

Also the parallels he kind of forced between himself and Ciampa near the end of the match, right down to the knee injury, were a great touch imo

KungFu Grip
Jun 18, 2008
Ciampa should have won straight up after burying Johnny under all that poo poo ringside. Taking out a ring crew member accidentally in his blind rage fits the story and if the feud is seriously going to continue him being trapped under stuff is a more valid way to say "you could keep me down for good" instead of running too fast.

Codependent Poster
Oct 20, 2003

Wrong thread!

Codependent Poster
Oct 20, 2003

Wrong thread!

achillesforever6
Apr 23, 2012

psst you wanna do a communism?

Dr. rear end posted:

The difference between main roster booking and NXT booking is that I trust NXT to make a weird/confusing/lame thing right. Smackdown was never going to make up for “Asuka keeps getting distracted by James Ellsworth and losing to a tomato can” because that show is written by Marine Todd and it was clear that they somehow had no interest in putting the title on Asuka.

Gargano continuing to suffer for his hubris makes sense, even if creative got put in a bind with the Black injury. I fully believe he would’ve cost himself AND Black the title in similar fashion if the match had gone on as originally booked. The same guy who handed his bitter enemy the title a few weeks ago and then followed it up by squealing about how “you’re only the champion because of me” wasn’t suddenly going to snap out of it in a fuckin LMS match and go “oh right, I forgot I’m the hero of all things good” and win valiantly. He was going to gently caress himself again and suffer even more for it.

Also the parallels he kind of forced between himself and Ciampa near the end of the match, right down to the knee injury, were a great touch imo
NXT basically has the benefit of the doubt whereas the main roster doesn't

SamuraiFoochs
Jan 16, 2007

Grimey Drawer

KungFu Grip posted:

Ciampa should have won straight up after burying Johnny under all that poo poo ringside. Taking out a ring crew member accidentally in his blind rage fits the story and if the feud is seriously going to continue him being trapped under stuff is a more valid way to say "you could keep me down for good" instead of running too fast.

When that happened I honestly thought Johnny was winning. The other thing I thought was that there totally should have been a "Johnny Voorhees" chant.

KungFu Grip
Jun 18, 2008

SamuraiFoochs posted:

When that happened I honestly thought Johnny was winning. The other thing I thought was that there totally should have been a "Johnny Voorhees" chant.

johnny climbing out of the rubble and still fighting when physically bigger dudes on main roster are out of action because of it was a bit much imo

RealFoxy
May 11, 2011

I'm not making a fucking QCS thread for this but seriously can we take a harder stance on Kiwifarms freaks like this guy, Jesus Christ seriously, you used to be better at knocking these creeps down. I guess ADTRW mods aren't responsible like GBS mods are.
On one hand, I'm glad the WWE is much safer now than it used to be as far as really dangerous spots and gigging but on the other, there's so much to gain from having one blood feud in NXT every now and then that makes that match stand out. Samoa Joe getting cut hard way and having to fight off the doctor was only mildly amusing and made him look tough, but I feel like the Gargano/Ciampa feud pretty much HAS to end in a blood bath at this point because they've done so many different gimmick matches already that they're already blending together. For the longest time, gimmick matches in NXT were so rare and special that you could recount every single one of them but I'm afraid that Gargano/Ciampa are going to completely water that idea down.

I also really hope that NXT reverts back to their origional explosion era and have more guys from the main roster drop down for a bit or outside stars like Liger coming in for one-offs. I'd love to see a Breeze/Dream, Asuka/Shirai or American Alpha/The Revival come down for one match against TUE.

STING 64
Oct 20, 2006

i finished takeover and i feel like main roster booking is seeping into the nxt main event scene and im probably going to quit watching if it becomes a trend

rovert
Jun 10, 2013

STONE COLD 64 posted:

i finished takeover and i feel like main roster booking is seeping into the nxt main event scene and im probably going to quit watching if it becomes a trend

Not saying that isn't the case.

I think it is more that Gabe and the guys from PROGRESS were added to the NXT Creative mix.

Gabe has his established booking tropes.

While the PROGRESS guys ape and/or pay homage to the worst parts of WWE booking all the time.

TheCool69
Sep 23, 2011

You...you do know it is fake right?

TheCool69 fucked around with this message at 09:37 on Aug 21, 2018

DarkstarIV
Apr 6, 2010

OFFICIAL RACIST

TheCool69 posted:

You...you do not it is fake right?

I realize its fake. :ssh:

Rarity
Oct 21, 2010

~*4 LIFE*~
TWITTER'S FAKE?

Cavauro
Jan 9, 2008

It's cool to see tweets like that quoted about kayfabe stuff, and to use them

Chris James 2
Aug 9, 2012

Joke's on Kairi, she still has to go to the main roster someday

Procrastinator
Aug 16, 2009

what?

Nxt roster rules right now. TUE vs war raiders vs BSS in war games (this is a guess not a spoiler) is going to rule. Matt riddle and Keith Lee rule. The new myc2 roster women rule. I'm so hyped for nxt.

Insertnamehere31
Jan 23, 2012

This could be the most one-sided fight since 1973 when Ali faced an eighty-foot tall mechanical Joe Frazier. My memory isn't what it used to be, but I think the entire Earth was destroyed.

I love dream and the Death Valley driver, but Dream valley driver is a lazy name. They should rename that the purple rainmaker and the top rope elbow drop should be called when doves fly. Really lean into the prince stuff even more.

Ganso Bomb
Oct 24, 2005

turn it all around

I'm not excited about War Raiders. Am I wrong?

They haven't really done anything that's blown me away yet. Yes, they're fun and good and all that junk but something just isn't connecting for me. Maybe it's just because they're the new flavor of the week indie guys coming in on with the same rotation that we saw in the main event scene for so long with Shinsuke, Joe, McIntyre, Black, etc.

Beef Jerky Robot
Sep 20, 2009

"And the DICK?"

Phenix Rising posted:

I'm not excited about War Raiders. Am I wrong?

They haven't really done anything that's blown me away yet. Yes, they're fun and good and all that junk but something just isn't connecting for me. Maybe it's just because they're the new flavor of the week indie guys coming in on with the same rotation that we saw in the main event scene for so long with Shinsuke, Joe, McIntyre, Black, etc.

I’m not into them either, and I wasn’t when they were in ROH. Something about them just doesn’t vibe right to me.

Ganso Bomb
Oct 24, 2005

turn it all around

I think maybe part of it is they look a little too normal to do a viking warrior thing? Like every other dude has a huge beard now, and if you're gonna wear face paint go whole hog and don't just put on a few stripes. Maybe they'll win me over with the Undisputed feud.

Lone Goat
Apr 16, 2003

When life gives you lemons, suplex those lemons.

knowing absolutely nothing about War Raiders they look like a cross between Killian Dain and both of the Ascension

The_Rob
Feb 1, 2007

Blah blah blah blah!!
War raiders loving rule and you dorks do this literally every single time a new wrestler comes into NXT. They haven't been booked to have any real feuds or competitive matches yet. Give it a second and you'll like them.

Beef Jerky Robot
Sep 20, 2009

"And the DICK?"

The_Rob posted:

War raiders loving rule and you dorks do this literally every single time a new wrestler comes into NXT. They haven't been booked to have any real feuds or competitive matches yet. Give it a second and you'll like them.

More like the Bore Raiders

Cool Post Beg
Mar 6, 2008

DADDY MAGIC
I like Hanson and rowe but that crowd interaction metal horn fist pump thing they do goes on fuckin forever

Lone Goat
Apr 16, 2003

beggar posted:

I like Hanson and rowe but that crowd interaction metal horn fist pump thing they do goes on fuckin forever

are they faces or heels?

Lone Goat
Apr 16, 2003

oh fuckin lol i just remembered the highlanders

The_Rob
Feb 1, 2007

Blah blah blah blah!!

Lone Goat posted:

are they faces or heels?

They literally haven't had any sort of angle yet so they're just there to do moves right now.

Basic Chunnel
Sep 21, 2010

Jesus! Jesus Christ! Say his name! Jesus! Jesus! Come down now!

Post-match attack is a heel thing but unless they’re turning TUE face they’re faces

DarkstarIV
Apr 6, 2010

OFFICIAL RACIST
NXT is generally pretty good at making heels despicable...some of the time. I think the only real heels that people dislike right now are Ciampa and Baszler. Ciampa will likely remain as the top male heel for awhile, and Baszler will probably end up dropping down to the #2 (or 3) heel spot on the female side if she gets a rematch and loses against Kairi. Although considering they absolutely hammered home the point that it was the rubber match at Takeover, I don't see a rematch happening, or if it does, Shayna will likely lose.

The problem with Shayna's reign is that she pretty much tore through the entire female babyface roster (sans Kairi) in the span of 2.5 months. And even though NXT has pretty great booking most of the time, I don't think even they could execute heel vs heel stuff all that well.

rovert
Jun 10, 2013

Procrastinator posted:

Nxt roster rules right now. TUE vs war raiders vs BSS in war games (this is a guess not a spoiler) is going to rule. Matt riddle and Keith Lee rule. The new myc2 roster women rule. I'm so hyped for nxt.

MOAR talent report to NXT on September 4th.

anakha
Sep 16, 2009

Lone Goat posted:

oh fuckin lol i just remembered the highlanders

The moment I saw the Highlanders in the ring and they were just as small as the jobbers they were facing, I figured they were doomed.

You gotta be physically imposing to pull off the whole fierce warrior shtick. At least the War Raiders have that.

Davros1
Jul 19, 2007

You've got to admit, you are kind of implausible

This has some fun highlights of War Raiders (and Ricochet)

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=k5e1WdRbfPo

Particularly love Rowe's no hands powerbomb (because he's holding another person)

Davros1 fucked around with this message at 17:46 on Aug 21, 2018

Bumper Stickup
Jan 7, 2012

Mmm... Offshore Toast!

Grimey Drawer
I wanna see War Raiders vs Heavy Machinery. Just two teams of big dudes having a hoss off.

TV Zombie
Sep 6, 2011

Burying all the trauma from past nights
Burying my anger in the past

rovert posted:

MOAR talent report to NXT on September 4th.

Maybe it's just because of your posts that I'm conditioned to think this but I wonder if the "MOAR" is a subtle reference to anything other than more.

Once people are featured/seen on WWE programming like being seen at a Takeover like Riddle and Lee, that's basically reporting to NXT, right? Or is there a more complicated process?

SamuraiFoochs
Jan 16, 2007

Grimey Drawer

TV Zombie posted:

Maybe it's just because of your posts that I'm conditioned to think this but I wonder if the "MOAR" is a subtle reference to anything other than more.

Once people are featured/seen on WWE programming like being seen at a Takeover like Riddle and Lee, that's basically reporting to NXT, right? Or is there a more complicated process?

As I understand it, reporting to NXT is like... the first day of school if you will. Contract signed, medical passed, etc. When you report, you're there. It's done. If I'm wrong someone is welcome to correct me.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

rovert
Jun 10, 2013

SamuraiFoochs posted:

As I understand it, reporting to NXT is like... the first day of school if you will. Contract signed, medical passed, etc. When you report, you're there. It's done. If I'm wrong someone is welcome to correct me.

Yes.

The two names I know I can't mention due to VISA and medicals not being undertaken yet.

Just stating it to show NXT never stops and if you see an indie talent taking no bookings after the 4th.