Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

achillesforever6
Apr 23, 2012

psst you wanna do a communism?

Dapper_Swindler posted:

but uncharted has always had strong female characters. the only issue i have with nadine in 4 is she is just kinda there and doesnt do much storywise. other then kicking nates rear end a couple times, being generic second in command, thats kinda it. outside the one moment at the end where she basically points out the everyone has murdered each other for the treasure and she is done with this dumb poo poo and fucks off that being said she is great in lost legacy. which i honestly liked alot more then 4 which kinda felt up its rear end a bit.
The crimes of UC4 and LL is not bringing back Charlie Cutter, I don't care how busy Graham McDarvish is ND, spare no expense!!! :argh:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

SatansBestBuddy
Sep 26, 2010

by FactsAreUseless

AriadneThread posted:

the truth is that men are interchangeable :can:

:emptyquote:

Absurd Alhazred
Mar 27, 2010

by Athanatos

AriadneThread posted:

Oh, hey Rudy! Didn't know you were a goon!

Dabir
Nov 10, 2012

pretty sure one or more of those guys are david mitchell

John Murdoch
May 19, 2009

I can tune a fish.

Max Wilco posted:

even though the computer I have now would probably run it just fine.

As I understand it, no, the PC port is so horribly optimized that it still doesn't run that well on modern machines and probably never will. Also it still has Games for Windows Live integrated into it. (These two facts may or may not be related.)

It's actually kind of absurd that for such a highly rated game, and with its sequel printing money for them as well, Rockstar gives zero shits about fixing up 4. But I'm sure they'll patch it in another few years...to strip out the music they lost the rights to.

Max Wilco
Jan 23, 2012

I'm just trying to go through life without looking stupid.

It's not working out too well...

John Murdoch posted:

As I understand it, no, the PC port is so horribly optimized that it still doesn't run that well on modern machines and probably never will. Also it still has Games for Windows Live integrated into it. (These two facts may or may not be related.)

It's actually kind of absurd that for such a highly rated game, and with its sequel printing money for them as well, Rockstar gives zero shits about fixing up 4. But I'm sure they'll patch it in another few years...to strip out the music they lost the rights to.

Oh god, I forgot it required GFWL. :barf: I remember I had to create an account because if I wasn't logged in, I couldn't save my game.

I know you needed an earlier patch version to re-enable mod support, but I think one of the older patches also got better performance.

MariusLecter
Sep 5, 2009

NI MUERTE NI MIEDO

WampaLord posted:

It's obviously two different people. Please tell me you don't have Goon Face Blindness Disease.

To be fair, they have more similarities than differences.

AriadneThread posted:

:hai:

Hel
Oct 9, 2012

Jokatgulm is tedium.
Jokatgulm is pain.
Jokatgulm is suffering.

nine-gear crow posted:

This is why if they ever make an Uncharted 5 (or Uncharted 7, actually if you factor in Golden Abyss and Lost Legacy) it better star Nate and Elena's daughter, or be some kind of God of War 2018-style Daddy-Daughter road trip game.

ACES CURE PLANES posted:

La Mulana 2 beat them to that, and is a better ruins exploration game to boot.

Why is there this fascination with generational characters? It shows up in Uncharted 4 and every Tomb Raider reboot and a lot of other stuff, too me it feels like it's just a diet chosen one. I get it a bit when they just want to rejuvenate that main character and switch to their identical child , but both Uncharted and Tomb Raider do it retroactively and just add that backstory to the MC's parents . Of course the main character is good at archaeology/jumping/murder because their parent was too.
I wonder how Rhianna Pratchett felt after going really hard on the fact that she was a writer in her own right instead of just because of her father was, then went on to write the newest Tomb Raider reboot which is all about "Hey Lara become the Croft your ancestors were, finish your father's work". Original Lara Croft was disowned for being an adventurer and had to fund her expeditions and lifestyle by writing travel books vs the new Lara Crofts just relying on the family wealth and her fathers research.
I get that you might want to do the family heirloom or the next generation finishing off the previous's unfinished work, but I see no reason for why you couldn't do that with a non-family mentor/teacher just as well.

stillvisions
Oct 15, 2014

I really should have come up with something better before spending five bucks on this.

MelvinBison posted:

More importantly, your character only fulfills that prophesy because becoming the chosen one is a condition of their parole.
I'm pretty sure that empire does Mandatory Prison Service as a part of growing up since they need to make sure that everyone is covered for being The Chosen One. Does the prophecy explicitly state they have to be a prisoner, or does it just happen that way every game I've played so far?

business hammocks posted:

The incel perception of the chad is the strangest thing about them. You’d think they would hate Chad, but he’s like this terrible god or unknowable wildman of the wilderness they revere from afar.

If they hated Chad, they might end up hating a man more than they do women. Also at least they have the honesty that were their perceived positions reversed they'd be that person in a heartbeat.

Kunster
Dec 24, 2006

One Summer I decided to play GTA4 as the nicest Niko to every character getting everyone to 100% as much as I could. It got to me that the game honestly wanted me to pick between a character you can straight up date during the entire game vs someone who is only available at 10 PM on a day or two and only has like... 10 lines in the whole game? Like, you can date her again, but you're stuck in silence. Why wouldn't I pick Nolan over that, Jesus.

Hel
Oct 9, 2012

Jokatgulm is tedium.
Jokatgulm is pain.
Jokatgulm is suffering.

My favourite thing about the story/action disconnect in GTA 4 is that it inspired someone to make an attempt at a guide for a crimeless playthrough. It's honestly pretty interesting if very nerdy

fallenturtle
Feb 28, 2003
paintedblue.net

Absurd Alhazred posted:

They sound exactly the same. They look really similar, but it's the voice, intonation, pacing that really seals it for me.

Not Clint's voice sounds more like Sargon without an English accent.

MariusLecter
Sep 5, 2009

NI MUERTE NI MIEDO
A Post Mortem Of An Ex-IGN Plagiarist's Shameless Career (The Jimquisition): https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ChODXPvsLA0

:popeye:

Puppy Time
Mar 1, 2005

I wonder if there's a way to watch those matches. I'm not usually into pro wrestling, but I'd love to see more Sterdust.

rudecyrus
Nov 6, 2009

fuck you trolls
Sterdust is honestly the best thing Jim's ever done.

Arc Hammer
Mar 4, 2013

Got any deathsticks?
Sterdust or the slaughtering grounds saga?

Lupa and Phelous look at Theodore Rex.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=P9crN8h0AY0

Arc Hammer fucked around with this message at 19:22 on Aug 20, 2018

40-Degree Day
Sep 24, 2012

why is it so hard to video youtube videos about media or whatever that doesn't have these people's faces talking straight into the camera for 95% of the video? is it part of a "create an internet following" handbook that people relate better to a face or something?

i'm madder about this than I should be.

Arc Hammer
Mar 4, 2013

Got any deathsticks?
When you read off a script you look right at the camera so you don't look like you're reading off a script (this doesn't fool anyone)

Libluini
May 18, 2012

I gravitated towards the Greens, eventually even joining the party itself.

The Linke is a party I grudgingly accept exists, but I've learned enough about DDR-history I can't bring myself to trust a party that was once the SED, a party leading the corrupt state apparatus ...
Grimey Drawer

Arcsquad12 posted:

Sterdust or the slaughtering grounds saga?

Lupa and Phelous look at Theodore Rex.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=P9crN8h0AY0

Oh my god, I know that movie! It's horrible!

Leal
Oct 2, 2009

40-Degree Day posted:

why is it so hard to video youtube videos about media or whatever that doesn't have these people's faces talking straight into the camera for 95% of the video? is it part of a "create an internet following" handbook that people relate better to a face or something?

I think its more that if you make 95% of your video footage of the media then the media owners throw a shitfit and take down your channel claiming you're pirating the media.

a cartoon duck
Sep 5, 2011

40-Degree Day posted:

Apparently it is. I don't remember the particulars but FoldableHuman talked about how it helps with attracting and retaining viewers compared to not having a screen presence, in either this or the last thread.

But also what Leal said.

DEEP STATE PLOT
Aug 13, 2008

Yes...Ha ha ha...YES!

MariusLecter posted:

A Post Mortem Of An Ex-IGN Plagiarist's Shameless Career (The Jimquisition): https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ChODXPvsLA0

lmfao holy poo poo what the gently caress was this guy thinking

40-Degree Day
Sep 24, 2012

unfortunate to see that Jim Sterling is still grating to listen to.

Puppy Time
Mar 1, 2005

DEEP STATE PLOT posted:

"Well, it's worked so far..."

SatansBestBuddy
Sep 26, 2010

by FactsAreUseless

MariusLecter posted:

I'm consistently impressed how accurate the thread title is

it almost always applies to any given drama scenario that pops up in this thread

Mokinokaro
Sep 11, 2001

At the end of everything, hold onto anything

Fun Shoe

40-Degree Day posted:

unfortunate to see that Jim Sterling is still grating to listen to.

He's easier on the ears than a lot of youtube gaming critics, but that sadly doesn't mean much.

KayTee
May 5, 2012

Whachoodoin?

DEEP STATE PLOT posted:

Read a different website - you'll more likely find the answer there.

40-Degree Day
Sep 24, 2012

Mokinokaro posted:

He's easier on the ears than a lot of youtube gaming critics, but that sadly doesn't mean much.

drat whose worse than sterling?

Mokinokaro
Sep 11, 2001

At the end of everything, hold onto anything

Fun Shoe

40-Degree Day posted:

drat whose worse than sterling?

I always found TB (RIP) a lot more insufferable, but there's a whole host of folks that are just plain grating. Many of them waging holy crusades against the "SJWs"

Catgirl Al Capone
Dec 15, 2007

i don't think there's a single male youtuber related to games i like where it didn't take a while to acclimatize to and either tolerate or appreciate their voice

40-Degree Day
Sep 24, 2012

Mokinokaro posted:

I always found TB (RIP) a lot more insufferable, but there's a whole host of folks that are just plain grating. Many of them waging holy crusades against the "SJWs"

I always assumed if you had no job prospects after school in the UK they gave you a top hat and a gaming PC so you could make a living on YouTube.

I put TB and Sterling in the same category of youtubes that live by retelling internet drama but with lukewarm video game takes sprinkled in.

I used to listen to destructoid's podcast like 12 years ago and sterling has barely changed.

HopperUK
Apr 29, 2007

Why would an ambulance be leaving the hospital?

CYBEReris posted:

i don't think there's a single male youtuber related to games i like where it didn't take a while to acclimatize to and either tolerate or appreciate their voice

I quite like listening to Northernlion and CallMeKevin. The voice that drives me nuts, that I feel kinda bad about, is a guy from the podcast Read It And Weep. He has that speech impediment where he hits his Rs oddly, that always sounds really obtrusive in an American voice, and it's not his fault and he's a funny dude but it grates on me.

Kim Justice
Jan 29, 2007

FIGHT WEEK FUCCBOIS, LOGANG 4 LYFE

Diss tracks are out, reaction videos to the diss tracks are out, last training videos are there, we're getting the weigh in and then on Saturday it's fight time woohoo. YOUTUBE BOXING

And my favourite is doing bits!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=D64lCVkN2Eg

Sounds like it's Logan Paul tomorrow. My Geordie favourite's getting 2 million subs before the end of the week's out yay

HopperUK
Apr 29, 2007

Why would an ambulance be leaving the hospital?

Kim Justice posted:

Sounds like it's Logan Paul tomorrow. My Geordie favourite's getting 2 million subs before the end of the week's out yay

Yay! I don't watch a lot of his videos because he's outside my interests most of the time but I watched the one where he ranted off about Logan Paul and he struck me as a very sweet guy. I hope he has all possible success.

CelticPredator
Oct 11, 2013
🍀👽🆚🪖🏋

Can't wait until KSI gonna knock Logan Paul's block off. That's all I care about and want to see

sexpig by night
Sep 8, 2011

by Azathoth

CelticPredator posted:

Can't wait until KSI gonna knock Logan Paul's block off. That's all I care about and want to see

yea am I missing something or is this just gonna be Logan Paul getting a concussion for views as some kinda hilarious apotheosis of modern pop culture?

sexpig by night
Sep 8, 2011

by Azathoth
I mean I don't 'know' either of them beyond osmosis but one of them looks like he physically can throw a punch and the other is Logan Paul, at least McGregor vs Mayweather had the element of 'well yea but McGregor has a very successful UFC career so maybe it won't be THAT embarrassing for him'.

CharlestheHammer
Jun 26, 2011

YOU SAY MY POSTS ARE THE RAVINGS OF THE DUMBEST PERSON ON GOD'S GREEN EARTH BUT YOU YOURSELF ARE READING THEM. CURIOUS!
Logan Paul is an idiot but I don’t think he is like an alt righter or Nazi so I just can’t care

Darth Walrus
Feb 13, 2012

CharlestheHammer posted:

Logan Paul is an idiot but I don’t think he is like an alt righter or Nazi so I just can’t care

He’s a pretty severely insensitive, racist rear end in a top hat, though, even if it’s not bound up in a codified ideology. That Japan trip was severely :stare:.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Yardbomb
Jul 11, 2011

What's with the eh... bretonnian dance, sir?

He's on the chud wavelength in spirit, he's a racist, near enough sociopathic douche that came from wealth and is involved in a media cult.